Branching Out Cakes Reviews

40 Reviews for Branching Out Cakes

40 Branching Out Cakes Reviews
  • F

Fabiana · Married on 06/23/2018

Best and most beautiful wedding cake I could have ever imagined. Jill was so easy to work with, professional and delivered exactly what we wanted. Aside from being beautiful, the cake was delicious! We had a hard time choosing only three flavors because every flavor we tried was good!! Great value and great people to work with. Highly recommend!

Kim · Married on 06/17/2018

Our wedding cake was delicious! They were very responsive, professional, and pleasant to work with. I would highly recommend them.

Christina · Married on 01/27/2018

Branching Out Cakes did an amazing job of creating our wedding cake with 3 different flavors! We were referred by our wedding coordinator and honestly, Branching Out Cakes was everything we could have asked for in this department. My husband and I don't like sweet desserts and we knew this would be issue since many wedding cakes are extremely sweet. The cakes here are the perfect sweetness, enough to know your eating a cake, but not so sweet that I'm worried about people developing diabetes. The cake was also perfectly moist, even after my MIL refrigerated some of the leftover cake. Not only did they create our dream elegant-looking floral cascade cake, which by the way looks amazing in photos, but it also tasted so delicious (even our guests wanted to know who the baker was)! Jill and her team even made our green tea dreams come true with a green tea cake with green tea frosting. Thank you again for everything!!!

Rebecca · Married on 09/16/2017

Branching Out Cakes is fantastic! Her cakes are so delicious! We did our small 3-tier cake in almond cake with white chocolate mousse filling and we did sheet cakes in vanilla cake with fresh raspberries in cream and white chocolate mousse filling. All cakes were finished with vanilla butter cream frosting. We received numerous compliments on the cake from our guests and thoroughly enjoyed it ourselves! Best cake I've ever had. Period!

(Photo courtesy of the amazing Cassie Valente Photography)

Branching Out Cakes 1

Cindy · Married on 05/06/2017

Jill and her crew were great! The cake tasting made us fall in love with Jill's cake. They were all delicious and it was super fun. We chose a white cake with raspberry filling. It was so tasty! Not only did the cake taste phenomenal but it was gorgeous too! I sent her a picture of a cake I saw online and she made it better than the picture. It was amazing. We look forward to receiving our one year anniversary cake. Yum!

Rebecca · Married on 09/24/2016

Jill was a pleasure to work with-- sweet and professional. Our cake was delicious and gorgeous.

Jill · Married on 10/03/2015

Jill did such a wonderful job with our cake and was so easy to work with. Naturally, every cake we tried was delicious, but what I loved the most was how simple the process was to design our own cake. We looked at photos, brought in our own inspiration and talked with her about our overall theme and she quickly sketched cake ideas and made recommendations.

On the day of, the cake was so stunning in its simplicity that I actually had two guests come up to me on the day of and say it was the most beautiful wedding cake they had seen. I only wish I had time that night to eat more of it!

• User5207125 · 2+ years ago

Branching Out was recommended to us by our venue as the "gold standard". We still vetted other bakers just to be sure and our venue was right! Jill Branch at Branching Out not only presented delicious cake but gorgeous designs. She was great to work with, accommodating and always accessible. Our guests commented that our wedding cake was the best cake they remember having at a wedding. We cannot wait for our anniversary cake!

Darcie · Married on 07/31/2015

Branching Out is a preferred vendor for my reception venue (Cliff House) and I can see why. Jill is excellent! All of our communication was done through email since I live out of the country. Jill always responded to my emails and answered my questions. She was able to help design the cake based on elements from my wedding dress. She was able to help choose flavors of cake that would go nicely together. She was great at dealing with allergies too - gluten free and nut free.

The best part was eating the cake for the first time!! Out of this world!! We had vanilla cake with strawberries and cream and it was the best cake I've ever had! My husband and I are still upset that we only had one bite of it. It was so delicious! The other two tiers were delicious too. My nephew had three pieces of cake - that tells you how yummy it was!

Branching Out Cakes made a BEAUTIFUL and absolutely DELICIOUS 5-tiered wedding cake for us. We really enjoyed our tasting experience as well as Jill's kind, sweet, and professional demeanor (did not come off pushy at all like some of the other tasting vendors we experienced). We were extremely happy with the cake and the price and DEFINITELY recommend checking out Branching Out Cakes!

Amazing CAKE! Jill is so sweet, very creative, extremely accommodating. I cant tell you how many bad cakes I've had at wedding, and her cake held up to the tasting. Very one loved it. One of the bonuses is that you get a fresh cake topper for your 1 year anniversary. Cant wait to have it again. Will be using her for other events in the future.

• F

faris · Married on 10/12/2014

Jill was great to work with. I looked very long for a bakery that could make non-diary cakes as I have a milk allergy. Jill was recommended by my venue and I was relieved that she was used to making cakes for those with various allergies. The cake was beautiful and if you love chocolate go with the vegan chocolate with chocolate Ganache.

Susan · Married on 08/01/2014

The cake "Branching Out Cakes" made for our wedding was absolutely gorgeous and the best ever! I hated to serve it because it was a masterpiece! It was perfect in every way. I can't believe the artistry on the cake as well. Simply amazing! I wish I could add a picture to my comments to show you. You must schedule a tasting and try each of the amazing cakes she creates. I have never had such a delicious cake in all my life. Really, and the best part, my husband doesn't like cake and he had an entire piece of cake at the wedding. That made me very happy! You will absolutely be thrilled with Branching Out Cakes. We chose the chocolate mouse with raspberries for the 1st layer, lemon mascarpone for the 2nd layer and tiramisu for the top layer.... :-) Jill is also very professional and wonderful to work with. She will design a cake exactly how you want it. An amazing baker! I can't say enough about her and her wedding cake business! The best cake/pastry baker in the business!

Melita · Married on 06/29/2014

The peanut butter and chocolate cake was excellent!

Morgan · Married on 10/06/2013

My family has ordered cakes from Jill Branch for every big function we've had because she makes the most beautiful, delicious cakes. So it was no surprise that the cake Jill made for my wedding was absolutely gorgeous and DELICIOUS! We had a lot of dessert options, yet everyone ate the cake. In addition, the tasting was the most fun part of the whole wedding planning process -- Jill had samples for us to taste, and books for us to look through to come up with the design. I highly recommend Branching Out for cakes for any event.

Cheyenne · Married on 10/05/2013

We can't recommend Jill and Branching Out Cakes highly enough. Jill was a pleasure to work with, and our cake turned out just as we'd hoped - beautiful and absolutely delicious. The display cake was vanilla bean cake with fresh lemon curd and vanilla buttercream frosting - it was fantastic. We also had a gluten-free chocolate sheet cake that was amazing. Our GF guests were thrilled, not to mention the chocolate lovers, in general. Plus such lovely cake stands to choose between if you don't want to supply your own... Jill Branch was highly recommended to us by a number of different sources, and it was clear why. She is fantastic.

I LOVE THESE CAKES!!

Jill with Branching Out is fabulous to work with!! I have had the pleasure of working with Jill from the venue side when I used to run weddings and events at a venue and also had Jill make my wedding cake!!

After meeting with Jill for an extensive tasting session we settled on individual cupcakes which we did because everyone in my party of 30ppl likes and dislikes different things and we wanted everyone to have something they enjoyed.

The quality of the product that Jill produces is always consistent and the pricing is very reasonable. And although they are based in Marin County they will do deliveries in the city from a very modest delivery fee.

Jill Branch was a pleasure to work with from start to finish.
    When I first was looking for a baker, it was mostly just to have a cake at the wedding...I'm gluten free, so I didn't even think I could eat cake at my wedding! Then Jill was able to make a layer of our cake gluten free, so I could eat some too! Besides that it was the best gluten free cake I've ever had!
    The cake was also just beautiful. The sketches Jill came up with were exactly what I had envisioned without being able to put it into words, and she recreated it perfectly on the actual cake!

The cake was incredible and Jill was delightful to work with. Her design was so responsive to our vision, and everyone loved the cake. Most people are resigned to the fact that "wedding cake" is somehow always inferior to true cake. Despair no more--Jill will bake a cake to remember.

Jill and the rest of Branching Out Cakes were a joy to work with for our wedding! All of our guests were incredibly happy with the cake, and many asked for seconds, thirds, etc...The flavors were fresh, and the style of the cake added much elegance to our big day.

Jill not only made a cake for our wedding, she created a relationship that will have us calling her any time we need pastries!

Jill helped us add a personal touch to every step of the process.

My little sister designed our wedding invites, and Jill was able to transform that artwork into a delicious wedding confection.

Jill has an amazing red velvet recipe made with beet juice -- so no artificial flavoring here! But we also love fresh fruit. What to do? Jill gave us a modern, summery take on the Southern staple by layering red velvet that with cream cheese frosting stuffed with strawberries.

So many guests admitted that they grabbed 2nd and 3rd helpings it was so good. And we definitely took home a giant slice to eat in our hotel room that very night. :)

Jill even coordinated with Susan from Fantasy Florals to get flowers for the cake. I trusted those two women completely (I gave zero input and left it in their hands!) and ended up with big peonies that matched both the cake and our table centerpieces perfectly.

• Kimberlee

Kimberlee · Married on 03/17/2012

Jill and her co-workers are nothing short of amazing. My husband was the mastermind behind the cake and he and Jill were 100% on the same page, it was delightful to see how well they clicked. We went to a tasting at her home and couldn’t choose between 4 cake flavors, so we chose them all. Her frosting was light but sweet and the cakes were SO moist! This helps in part that Jill does small batch baking and never freezes her cakes, high quality!! Jill did an amazing job bringing our vision of a huge, white, sugar flowered Italian style wedding cake to life—it was very important to my husband that the cake be very tall, of correct proportions and “explode” with sugar flowers. We couldn’t believe it, everything we described was transfigured into our cake. It was so amazing that guests were taking pictures next to it! Jill even took the time to replicate the beautiful silk flower appliqué lace from my wedding gown!! We were so pleased with Jill’s service, the cake tasted just as delicious, moist, and decadent as it did during our tasting. Jill was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was so easy going and accommodating. I highly recommend her services. We received quotes for the style of cake we wanted form other bakers and they were astronomically high, Jill offers high quality service at a very reasonable price, and we were so appreciative to have had her as our cake artist!

Jenna · Married on 10/08/2011

Julie's cake was delicious!!!!! She had so many flavor combinations at the tasting it was hard to choose. The two we went with were a huge hit at our wedding and the cake was beautiful! While you are tasting and talking with her she creates a picture of exactly what you want and it turned out just like what I dreamed.

Alison · Married on 10/01/2011

We went to Jill and had a tasting and each flavor was outstanding. Jill was so easy to work with and the cake ended up looking gorgeous and everyone raved about it.

Paola · Married on 05/28/2011

Everyone raved about how delicious and beautiful the cake was. It's the most beautiful cake I've ever seen. I would highly recommend Beanching out cakes for any event.