13 Reviews for Boydville, The Inn at Martinsburg

Liability Insurance (1)
Dance Floor (1)
Lighting (1)
13 Boydville, The Inn at Martinsburg Reviews

We had an absolutely incredible experience hosting our wedding and reception at Boydville! As soon as we toured the venue, we fell in love. There is so much charm and character at Boydville. The grounds are beautifully maintained and the owners have truly thought of everything to make wedding days special and memorable. From a beautifully appointed bridal suite, to a comfortable gentleman’s quarters, to the grand front porch, and the brick courtyard the WHOLE property is absolutely perfect for weddings.
Meagan (the owner) and her family were nothing but warm, welcoming, accommodating, and incredibly professional. Through every step of the planning process, Meagan was uber-responsive, never hesitating to thoroughly answer my questions. On the day of the wedding, she and her team were with us every step of the way, working right beside us to ensure everything was perfect. I have never seen such a level of commitment from other venue owners. Truly, Boydville is remarkable.
My husband and I spent the day of our wedding surrounded by family and friends who love us and wanted nothing more for us than to share in a day of love and happiness. Meagan and her family fit in seamlessly with this scheme.
What a blessing it was to us to spend our wedding day with such lovely people! We can’t say enough good things about Boydville and it’s owners. It’s defintely a must see!
With love,
The Dayhoffs

Photo for Boydville, The Inn at Martinsburg Review - This is the front of the house set up for our ceremony
Profile Picture Megan, 6/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Linens, Event Rentals, Liability Insurance, Wireless Internet, Chairs, Decor, Furniture, Tables, Tents, Parking

I cannot say enough about how wonderful our wedding experience was at Boydville. The owners are flexible and very helpful! They continue to make improvements to the grounds, which is absolutely beautiful. This venue allowed our entire wedding party to get ready on site with a bridal suite and separate house for the groomsmen to get ready. The tent in back is already included in the price, which saves a great deal of stress and money. Boydville allowed us to prep from early Friday all the way through to clean-up Sunday without charging extra based on hours. The day before the wedding it was calling for rain - Meagan and her team were very helpful in making suggestions and being open to ideas. The wedding went absolutely perfect and we are so happy we chose Boydville. If you are looking for a venue... look no further!

Profile Picture Julie, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My husband and I got married on the 28th of April at Boydville, The Inn at Martinsburg and it was Absolutely AMAZING!!!! Meghan Mann went above and beyond to make sure our big day was exactly how we imagined!!!!

Profile Picture sarah, 5/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When we were in the process of planning our wedding, the venue was one of the most important pieces to us. My husband is very proud of his West Virginia roots and has always had a love for history. I adore his love for antiquity, and have always found joy in learning about the Eastern Panhandle. (I’m from the West Coast.) After looking around, we realized that the perfect place had been right under our noses the whole time: Boydville. The property had the class, charm, character, history, beauty… Everything we were looking for. To top it all off, the owners, Meagan and Jon, are phenomenal people. Not only do they want to share their property with you, but also want to make sure your day is perfect and one-of-a-kind. The initial tour was very thorough and informative. They answered all of our questions as though it’s not the thousandth time they’ve been asked, and they’re incredibly hospitable. They essentially opened the entire property up for our event, and we were given the option to have access for the entire weekend. Score! They have excellent resources and relationships within the local community which led us to our coordinator, who was able to offer us a TON of additional savings. We loved everything so much that we have plans to have milestone parties on the property, and it was so comforting knowing that Boydville will always be there to help with our plans every step of the way.

Photo for Boydville, The Inn at Martinsburg Review - Front walk. Credit: MaraSpilmanPhtotography
Photo for Boydville, The Inn at Martinsburg Review - Front foyer. Credit: MaraSpilmanPhtotography
Profile Picture Jacki, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Jonathon, Meagan, Aunt Joey, and Jennifer were amazing to work with! We held our wedding reception here this past weekend and got so many compliments on the venue. Not only is this wedding venue beautiful with its own historic charm, the owners and staff are friendly and go out of their way to meet your wedding needs. You can tell this family just wants to see all their brides and grooms happy. There were so many little things they did without charging us (whereas some other venues might have nickeled and dimed us), such as letting us borrow tablecloths for our rehearsal dinner and setting up our pre-cocktail hour refreshments. You get way more than what you pay for at Boydville!

Profile Picture Abegail, 10/14/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Linens, Covered Outdoor, Outside Vendors, Wireless Internet, Parking

The Bodyville, Inn at Martinsburg,
Now that our wedding date has passed, we wanted to take a moment to write and express the deepest thanks we can give to the Boydville staff! Jon and Meagan Mann, the owners of the Bodyville Plantation, were extremely flexible and available throughout the time we booked the venue to the day of our wedding. Even though we felt like we were bombarding Jon with emails, phone calls, and text messages, he always took the time to answer our questions and provide us with suggestions. In particular, when Jon recommended a DJ (who we went with), we were able to meet our wedding planner. This connection through Jon was such a BLESSING to say the least. Jon has a great network of florists, DJs, photographers, and wedding planners. Going with the beautiful and historical Boydville mansion, the venue offered a guy’s lounge and a gorgeous bridal suite upstairs in the house that is extremely spacious considering the bridal party was 13 ladies for our wedding; this was nothing short of our dream wedding venue. The reception around back was surreal with the barn out back and brick wall outlining the festivities that night; it created such an ambiance that will never be forgotten. Personally, as a guy, I wanted something that replicated a “man’s cave”. The detached “law office” that was made into the groom’s corridors had a pool table and sports memorabilia in it, that made it an ideal spot for my groom’s party. Nonetheless, this wouldn’t have been possible if it hadn’t been for Jon and his wife and their efforts to appreciate exactly what we wanted our day.

Ultimately, the greatest compliment we can offer Jon and Meagan, is that Bodyville Plantation exceeded all our expectations, and quite simply was perfect. We are forever grateful for all that the Bodyville team did to make our dream wedding possible.
Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Derek, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Chairs, Decor, Tables, Tents

The Mann family was extremely accommodating. We recommend Boydville to anyone we meet looking for a venue.

Profile Picture Cassie, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Boydville is a top notch venue. You get so much more than you pay for! Jonathan and Meagan are amazing. I definitely recommend this place to everyone. The bridal suite is perfect for getting ready and the groom and groomsmen have their own little house to get ready in too. The property is huge and there are so many options for your ceremony and reception. I received non stop compliments from everyone. The house also does not need much decorations as it has so much charm on its own. I know Meagan and Jonathon are constantly making upgrades to the property, it was amazing for our wedding day and I know it will continue to be even more amazing. Thank you both for helping making our wedding day picture perfect.

Profile Picture Carrie, 7/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Boydville was the perfect fit for my wedding's theme and location. Being from the area, I struggled with finding a venue that allowed me the flexibility to piece together my dream wedding within my price range. Not only did they allow me to bring in my own caterer which was a huge plus, but they also were extremely accommodating with last minute weather changes to the location. I loved working with the owners and seeing my vision come to life. HIGHLY recommended.

Profile Picture Chelsea, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Linens, Parking, Event Rentals, Outside Vendors, Wireless Internet, Chairs, Decor, Furniture, Tables, Tents

Absolutely love Boydville! The staff was amazing and I could come look at the property anytime I wanted to figure out plans! It wad affordable and my day was beautiful. I couldn’t ask for a better experience.

Profile Picture Alicia, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My husband and I got married here in June of 2016. Everything about our wedding turned out amazing! Meagan and Jon are seriously great people to work with, and the venue has soo many wonderful options for that special spot to tie the knot. This place brings your dream wedding to life!

Profile Picture Elise, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Boydville was the perfect venue for our wedding. Inside and out it is a beautiful property with so many options for a ceremony and reception. We had both on the property and it could not have been better. The owners are super friendly and flexible and will do whatever it takes to make your day the best ever!

Profile Picture Lisa, 4/16/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Parking, Uncovered Outdoor, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Lighting, Chairs, Tables