20 Reviews for Boutique DJs & Entertainment

Consultation (1)
Do-Not-Play List (1)
One Event Per Day (1)
20 Boutique DJs & Entertainment Reviews

Fantastic! They listened to our likes/dislikes and did an outstanding job. Worth every penny! I would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Daniel, 11/24/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Josh was incredible and was such a huge part in making our wedding absolutely perfect. He was responsive and extremely helpful leading up to the event, and a great partner day of. Our friends kept coming up to us saying "your DJ was so amazing." He accommodated our requests and also knew how to read the crowd and play the perfect song for the moment. He is at the top of my list for recommendations!

Profile Picture Megan, 11/18/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

David Carvalho DJ'd our wedding and he was awesome! He kept the dance floor full from the beginning until closing time. Thanks again, David!

Profile Picture no, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Chris and Boutique DJs were amazing! We got married November 2017 in Sacramento. Chris and Boutique were super responsive and friendly throughout the planning process. Prices very reasonable, especially given the quality of the music. The music for the ceremony (chosen by us), cocktail hour and dinner were perfect and appropriate - not too much, not too little - and once the dancing started, Chris kept pace with whatever the crowd was feeling in that moment. We had a blast and would hire Boutique DJs again in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Natalie, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Boutique DJs was an absolute pleasure to work with. Throughout the wedding planning process, they were extremely professional, responsive, and easy to work with. Three days before our wedding date, we had to change our wedding venue from Yountville to San Francisco. Everything with Boutique DJs was seamless. We submitted the minimum number of songs, had a quick phone call prior to the wedding, and DJ Zach played every single song we wanted - and more! DJ Zach exceeded our expectations and the night was perfect thanks to him. Not only was he exceptional at playing the right music at the right time, but he made sure the order of events proceeded flawlessly. One of our best wedding planning decisions!

Profile Picture Marianne, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

D.J. Chip was amazing! He met with my mom and I before the wedding and was very professional. Him and Alex always responded in a timely manner and were really helpful. Chip played fun music at our wedding. We danced the night away! So fun. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Alex and Zach were great to work with. Alex made the process easy and stress free. One phone call with Zach was all that it took for him to nail our style and play exactly what we were looking for. I would absolutely recommend this team. Great Job all around!

Profile Picture Riley , 10/20/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We reached out to Dj Josh Dukes through his website about 6-7 months prior to our wedding on 10/15/2017. He quickly connected us to his company Boutique Dj's and we coordinated both through Alex and Josh to finalize what we needed.

Alex sent over a list of services and we settled in on Josh, a photo booth and additional lighting to set the mood. The communication with both Alex and Josh is exemplary. Josh is extremely patient. My phone must have dropped the conference call with him four times and it did not phase him. What I greatly appreciate is his attention to detail. Having done many weddings before he brought up a many things that we didn't think about (ie. mics for the ceremony, timing for the cake cutting, bouquet toss and garter toss, etc).

Now come the week before our wedding the #Atlasfire started in Napa. Our original venue was quickly evacuated. Three days before the wedding we finalized a new location and both Alex and Josh accommodated the change in venue with no complications. We are forever grateful for their understanding and helpfulness during this amazingly stressful time period.

Lastly, as the night progressed, I made Dj Josh's job extremely difficulty. We provided him with a list of must plays songs (less that 10 or so) and gave him the freedom to play to the crowd . . . he did an amazing job - I don't remember seeing the dance floor empty at any time! However, I was attending to my guests and for some reason wanted to get a set of photos in with as many people as I could. This meant that both my wife and I weren't on the dance floor at the same time very often. Even with this complication, Josh made sure that our must play songs were played when we were both on the dance floor and the transitions were seamless.

I highly recommend their services for any of your upcoming events. I greatly appreciated their professional attitude. I want to throw another party just so I can hire him again!

Profile Picture Paul, 10/15/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Best DJ we could have found! We first saw him at my MoH's wedding, and had to have him do ours as well. Guests of all ages came up to us later and raved about the music. He had everyone dancing the whole night long. The rest of the team was great too - Alex was so responsive and made the planning a breeze! This team comes with the highest of recommendations.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Boutique DJ was great during the whole wedding process. They are very easy to work with and did a great job.

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We hired Boutique DJs for our wedding and loved them. Zach did an awesome job throughout the entire night with the ceremony music, the background dinner music and then getting the party started later in the night. Our guests loved the music and danced the entire night! Zach also did a great job helping us edit down the first dance songs to be just the right length. He was great to work with!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/12/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Josh Dukes was our DJ for our wedding in Sonoma on July 30th. My husband and I go to shows regularly and music was very important to us for the day. We knew that our families and friends would dance the night away and Josh definitely kept them going all night. We had some special requests since the bride's family is Persian and Josh found and downloaded all the requested songs. He asked us for our do not play list and our must play/ would like to hear list. He seamlessly mixed them all together and somehow successfully blended Persian music into latin dance music into dancehall, and hip hop, and edm. We exchanged emails leading up to the wedding and by 10 days out he had everything set and ready to go. My only complaint is that we had to eventually stop dancing and end the party. I am pretty sure my family would have danced till 3am if the venue allowed it.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 7/30/16, 13 Reviews
4.7

Josh Dukes of Boutique DJs was the perfect choice for us. He's super easy going. He has tons of music. He is not obnoxious in any way. He respects the choice of music you want. Josh is the kind of DJ that blends into the background rather than making the party all about him. He'll speak when he needs to and won't try to be one of those cheesy hype men. He won't try to take over the role of the coordinator.

Josh also made a custom compilation of dance songs for the groom-mother dance. It was AMAZING!!! He's also super flexible. We have him 250 do not play songs (yes, no joke) and at least 150 play songs. He made a custom mix perfect for my wedding of mostly ladies with some older relatives. For a cold Sunday night at an outdoor venue, people had a great time and still danced.

I'd hire him again in a heartbeat. He's really that great. We interviewed 15 DJs and he was our top choice, by far. We were luck to have him.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/10/16, 43 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Boutique DJs had great customer service and Justin (our DJ) did a fantastic job! Justin sold us when we first interviewed him and he mentioned that he's spun at DNA Lounge in San Francisco before - my husband's and my favorite club! Before the wedding he gave us his personal phone number and listened to my concerns and preferences patiently whenever they came up. During the wedding he did a great job of keeping the dance floor full until the very end of the reception. I couldn't have asked for a better or easier DJ service!

Profile Picture Laurie, 7/18/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Chris from Boutique DJs did a wonderful job DJing our wedding reception. We wanted a mixture of classic wedding / motown music and parent-friendly pop / rap. He did a fantastic job reading the crowd to play everything at the right time and also incorporated all of requests / suggestions. Throughout the planning process he was responsive, professional and helpful. We did a silent disco after 10pm (that we organized separately) and were having some technical difficulties. Chris let us borrow a few cords we needed which saved the end of the night. Thanks Chris, you're the best!

Profile Picture Nan, 6/27/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We used Boutique DJs and had Chip Corwin as our wedding DJ. Chip was great. He was available by phone or e-mail for consultation and questions and always replied promptly.

He was very flexible - we changed the song for our first dance literally the morning of the wedding and he made the change seemlessly and happily. We even moved him outside halfway during the reception because the guests wanted to be outside enjoying the weather rather than inside and he had no problem accommodating our request.

Chip was interested in what we wanted from a DJ and did a great job of being the kind of MC we wanted for our event.

Profile Picture Jillian, 10/17/14, 11 Reviews
Category: DJ

We asked for a nightlife-inspired dance party and got an amazing evening. We gave a little direction ahead of time, and our DJ, Eddy, did the rest. He read the room and got everybody dancing. We pretty much wasted the rental of the extra lounge furniture because of him.

Profile Picture Jacob, 5/25/14, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

We absolutely loved working with DJ Josh, and we recommend him highly! He was professional in his communications and flexible with the music selections, and he had our wedding guests dancing all night. We had so many guests tell us during and after the wedding how much they enjoyed the music, and that is all thanks to Josh! He helped facilitate the flow of the evening and he coordinated all of our toasts, speeches, and surprises. We truly enjoyed working with him, and we highly recommend him.

Profile Picture Gavi, 7/22/12, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

My wedding was a month ago and my guests are still talking about the music. The dance floor was packed as soon as dinner ended and did not stop until the whole thing was over. Josh did the entire setup, from ceremony to dancing - you do not need to worry about a thing. So professional, and takes the time to meet with you before the wedding to get a sense of your needs, your guests, and what you want the overall event to feel and look like. He is amazing for weddings - I would hire him for parties in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Michelle, 3/17/12, 5 Reviews
4.7

DJ Josh Dukes really got and kept the party going all night long. Initially, we were set on a band but given the size constraints of our venue and the strictness of Napa Valley’s noise codes, we opted for a dj. We couldn’t be more pleased. Josh is the antithesis of a cheesy deejay – our guests kept telling us he was the best deejay they’d ever heard. He played every one of our favorites and made great choices for keeping guests of all ages on the dance floor.

Profile Picture Katie, 8/14/10, 10 Reviews