Boutique DJs & Entertainment Reviews

1 User photo

Boutique DJs & Entertainment 1

Carissa · Married on 10/20/2018

Perfect wedding DJ!

We used Boutique DJs for our wedding and they were absolutely amazing! We planned our wedding in 6 months, and there were very few options for available DJs. Both our wedding planner and venue had great things to say about Boutique, so we were confident when we booked with them. After accepting the quote and paying the deposit, I found out that my soon-to-be-in-laws had hired a singer/keyboardist for part of our wedding reception. Alex was my POC in booking and planning the wedding music. She was incredibly easy to work with, very kind, and very responsive via email. The singer/keyboardist were not easy to coordinate with and needed equipment through Boutique. It took an incredible number of emails with Alex to sort out what equipment was needed (not because of Alex but because the singer/keyboardist were not able to provide the information needed). Alex has the patience of a saint and was so helpful! Boutique has a great form that you fill out in advance of your wedding. It was very comprehensive and gave me a lot of confidence that all of our bases were covered. We had a call with our DJ Mikey in advance of the wedding, and he was great over the phone. He asked great questions and it felt like he really got the vibe we were looking for. While everything leading up to the wedding is important, what's most important is how the wedding went! Mikey was amazing! The music was exactly what we were looking for and he did a great job as the emcee. It was a bit complicated with the singer, but Mikey handled everything seamlessly and with grace. We couldn't have been happier with Boutique and I would strongly recommend them for anyone looking for a Bay Area DJ. We also had uplighting through Boutique, which looked amazing during our reception. Boutique additionally did our ceremony sound, which was flawless. Strong recommend!

Sent on 11/26/2018
  • A Allan

A Allan · Married on 09/29/2018

Josh is the MAN!!

We had a very specific vibe that we wanted for our wedding (classic 80s/90s house with a few classic gay pop remixes/anthems thrown in for good measure).

Over the course of several conversations, Josh and I talked about what I wanted and I ultimately decided to pre-select about 60 tracks that he could pull from, of which 7 were must-plays.

JOSH DELIVERED!! He nailed the track selection, mixing, etc. It was the perfect ending to a perfect day. EVERYONE was on the dance floor from our 70/80 year old parents/aunts/uncles, to our 30/40/50 year old fancy NYC friends, and our 20/30/40 year old cousins. It was the exact vibe I had envisioned for our dance party.

He also was great with organizing the sound system for our wedding ceremony as well as the music for the pre-ceremony, cocktail hour and dinner. Highly recommedned.

Sent on 10/16/2018
    Boutique DJs & Entertainment 2

Andre · Married on 09/22/2018

I had the pleasure of working with Boutique DJs for my wedding, and I couldn’t be happier that I chose them to provide DJ and photo booth services.

My venue had strict policies in place for all vendors to adhere to, but Boutique’s staff (Alex on the admin side, David Carvalho for DJ) handled all preparation and execution with promptness, dependability, and professionalism the entire way through. They were very communicative over email in the months leading up to the wedding.

As for the actual day-of DJ services, David was flawless. He provided all the necessary equipment for the ceremony in the courtyard, hit all the music right on cue during the ceremony, and kept the reception dance floor on fire for hours with a mix of 90s hip hop and rnb + a sprinkling of top 40 (my preference; you can specify any songs/genres you like during wedding planning). He’s also a super nice guy and a breeze to work with.

The photo booth pictures also came out great - high resolution pictures of all photo booth pics were made available for download about a week after the wedding.

10/10, I highly recommend working with Boutique for any wedding or private event!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Brandon · Married on 08/25/2018

The entire night was perfect and we couldn’t have asked for anything more. Thanks again to Josh, everyone said the DJ crushed it!

Sent on 08/27/2018

Lauren · Married on 06/30/2018

We had Patrick DJ the after party after our wedding. We had a quick 10 min phone call and just discussed the overall vibe we were going for. We told him since it was after our wedding, we strictly wanted ALL dancing music.. To which he nailed! Even after a 6 hour wedding, guests were STILL on the dance floor for the 3 hour after party. He played a great mix of remixed oldies and a bunch of today's hits per our request. We would 100% recommend using Boutique DJs & Entertainment, specifically Patrick for your event! We had a blast and our guests still can't stop talking about our party!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Stella · Married on 06/01/2018

Josh was amazing!!!! We had a few phone consultations before the big day and he TOTALLY picked up on our vibe and ran with it!

All of our friends and family said the music was great and that we threw one hell of a dance party (all credit goes to Josh!).

Thank you so much for everything!!!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Nicole · Married on 05/19/2018

We had a wonderful experience working with Boutique DJ's for our wedding last month. Alex is extremely professional, responsive, detail-oriented and such a pleasure to work with. After discussing our wishes for wedding day music, Alex was great about sharing several different options and routes we could go. She took great care in providing us with a list of DJ's and musicians she felt would be a great match for us and our venue/wedding style. We ultimately decided on a DJ for our reception and dancing and violin & guitar duo for our ceremony and cocktail hour! Boutique DJ's sends you a comprehensive music planning form in which you include all of your special song requests for the entire day (including ceremony and cocktail music, special moments and dance song requests, top 15 must-play songs, top favorite dance songs, and even a do-not-play list). I already wrote a separate 5-star review for DJ David Carvalho because he was AMAZING - he rocked our party! Our dance floor was packed the entire night!!! Which says a lot because we had such an expansive guest list, spanning generations, and friends and family from all over the world, and everyone danced the entire night away! Bellarosa was our violin and guitar duo and they played beautifully! They too provided us with sample songs and ideas for the ceremony and cocktail hour and they included a list of more contemporary songs they were able to play. We chose a mix of traditional and contemporary songs for the ceremony and it sounded so beautiful and uplifting...the combination of the violin and the guitar was exactly what we were envisioning. Boutique DJ's was awesome all-around and we would recommend them to anyone looking for music services for their special day or event!

Sent on 06/23/2018

Kate · Married on 04/28/2018

We had a great experience with Boutique! DJ Vaughn was awesome - he helped us make a mix for our first dance, was helpful with some requests we had for toasts and helped with a GREATTTTTTT dance party! Alex also was super helpful and responsive in getting us up and running and all of our needs. We're really happy we picked them for our wedding!!

Sent on 05/02/2018

Daniel · Married on 11/24/2017

Fantastic! They listened to our likes/dislikes and did an outstanding job. Worth every penny! I would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 12/07/2017

Megan · Married on 11/18/2017

Josh was incredible and was such a huge part in making our wedding absolutely perfect. He was responsive and extremely helpful leading up to the event, and a great partner day of. Our friends kept coming up to us saying "your DJ was so amazing." He accommodated our requests and also knew how to read the crowd and play the perfect song for the moment. He is at the top of my list for recommendations!

Sent on 12/14/2017

no · Married on 11/11/2017

David Carvalho DJ'd our wedding and he was awesome! He kept the dance floor full from the beginning until closing time. Thanks again, David!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Natalie · Married on 11/11/2017

Chris and Boutique DJs were amazing! We got married November 2017 in Sacramento. Chris and Boutique were super responsive and friendly throughout the planning process. Prices very reasonable, especially given the quality of the music. The music for the ceremony (chosen by us), cocktail hour and dinner were perfect and appropriate - not too much, not too little - and once the dancing started, Chris kept pace with whatever the crowd was feeling in that moment. We had a blast and would hire Boutique DJs again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 01/04/2018

Marianne · Married on 10/28/2017

Boutique DJs was an absolute pleasure to work with. Throughout the wedding planning process, they were extremely professional, responsive, and easy to work with. Three days before our wedding date, we had to change our wedding venue from Yountville to San Francisco. Everything with Boutique DJs was seamless. We submitted the minimum number of songs, had a quick phone call prior to the wedding, and DJ Zach played every single song we wanted - and more! DJ Zach exceeded our expectations and the night was perfect thanks to him. Not only was he exceptional at playing the right music at the right time, but he made sure the order of events proceeded flawlessly. One of our best wedding planning decisions!

Sent on 12/11/2017

Ashley · Married on 10/21/2017

D.J. Chip was amazing! He met with my mom and I before the wedding and was very professional. Him and Alex always responded in a timely manner and were really helpful. Chip played fun music at our wedding. We danced the night away! So fun. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/08/2017

Paul · Married on 10/15/2017

We reached out to Dj Josh Dukes through his website about 6-7 months prior to our wedding on 10/15/2017. He quickly connected us to his company Boutique Dj's and we coordinated both through Alex and Josh to finalize what we needed.

Alex sent over a list of services and we settled in on Josh, a photo booth and additional lighting to set the mood. The communication with both Alex and Josh is exemplary. Josh is extremely patient. My phone must have dropped the conference call with him four times and it did not phase him. What I greatly appreciate is his attention to detail. Having done many weddings before he brought up a many things that we didn't think about (ie. mics for the ceremony, timing for the cake cutting, bouquet toss and garter toss, etc).

Now come the week before our wedding the #Atlasfire started in Napa. Our original venue was quickly evacuated. Three days before the wedding we finalized a new location and both Alex and Josh accommodated the change in venue with no complications. We are forever grateful for their understanding and helpfulness during this amazingly stressful time period.

Lastly, as the night progressed, I made Dj Josh's job extremely difficulty. We provided him with a list of must plays songs (less that 10 or so) and gave him the freedom to play to the crowd . . . he did an amazing job - I don't remember seeing the dance floor empty at any time! However, I was attending to my guests and for some reason wanted to get a set of photos in with as many people as I could. This meant that both my wife and I weren't on the dance floor at the same time very often. Even with this complication, Josh made sure that our must play songs were played when we were both on the dance floor and the transitions were seamless.

I highly recommend their services for any of your upcoming events. I greatly appreciated their professional attitude. I want to throw another party just so I can hire him again!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Stephanie · Married on 10/14/2017

Best DJ we could have found! We first saw him at my MoH's wedding, and had to have him do ours as well. Guests of all ages came up to us later and raved about the music. He had everyone dancing the whole night long. The rest of the team was great too - Alex was so responsive and made the planning a breeze! This team comes with the highest of recommendations.

Sent on 12/15/2017

Ashley · Married on 10/08/2017

Boutique DJ was great during the whole wedding process. They are very easy to work with and did a great job.

Sent on 12/20/2017

Alexandra · Married on 07/30/2016

Josh Dukes was our DJ for our wedding in Sonoma on July 30th. My husband and I go to shows regularly and music was very important to us for the day. We knew that our families and friends would dance the night away and Josh definitely kept them going all night. We had some special requests since the bride's family is Persian and Josh found and downloaded all the requested songs. He asked us for our do not play list and our must play/ would like to hear list. He seamlessly mixed them all together and somehow successfully blended Persian music into latin dance music into dancehall, and hip hop, and edm. We exchanged emails leading up to the wedding and by 10 days out he had everything set and ready to go. My only complaint is that we had to eventually stop dancing and end the party. I am pretty sure my family would have danced till 3am if the venue allowed it.

Sent on 08/26/2016

Nan · Married on 06/27/2015

Chris from Boutique DJs did a wonderful job DJing our wedding reception. We wanted a mixture of classic wedding / motown music and parent-friendly pop / rap. He did a fantastic job reading the crowd to play everything at the right time and also incorporated all of requests / suggestions. Throughout the planning process he was responsive, professional and helpful. We did a silent disco after 10pm (that we organized separately) and were having some technical difficulties. Chris let us borrow a few cords we needed which saved the end of the night. Thanks Chris, you're the best!

Sent on 07/22/2015

Jacob · Married on 05/25/2014

We asked for a nightlife-inspired dance party and got an amazing evening. We gave a little direction ahead of time, and our DJ, Eddy, did the rest. He read the room and got everybody dancing. We pretty much wasted the rental of the extra lounge furniture because of him.

Sent on 10/07/2014

Gavi · Married on 07/22/2012

We absolutely loved working with DJ Josh, and we recommend him highly! He was professional in his communications and flexible with the music selections, and he had our wedding guests dancing all night. We had so many guests tell us during and after the wedding how much they enjoyed the music, and that is all thanks to Josh! He helped facilitate the flow of the evening and he coordinated all of our toasts, speeches, and surprises. We truly enjoyed working with him, and we highly recommend him.

Sent on 08/07/2012

Michelle · Married on 03/17/2012

My wedding was a month ago and my guests are still talking about the music. The dance floor was packed as soon as dinner ended and did not stop until the whole thing was over. Josh did the entire setup, from ceremony to dancing - you do not need to worry about a thing. So professional, and takes the time to meet with you before the wedding to get a sense of your needs, your guests, and what you want the overall event to feel and look like. He is amazing for weddings - I would hire him for parties in a heartbeat.

Sent on 04/10/2012

jenn · Married on 07/28/2018

Great DJ AND AMAZING RESPONSE TIME, SO EASY TO WORK WITH ; we had Justin and he did a great job at working with the group and giving us a bit of everything. He was polite, helpful and timely. You did not know he was there unless you needed him and he was willing to do whatever to make the night a party for all involved. THANK YOU!

Sent on 07/31/2018

Riley · Married on 10/20/2017

Alex and Zach were great to work with. Alex made the process easy and stress free. One phone call with Zach was all that it took for him to nail our style and play exactly what we were looking for. I would absolutely recommend this team. Great Job all around!

Sent on 12/09/2017

Jennifer · Married on 05/12/2017

We hired Boutique DJs for our wedding and loved them. Zach did an awesome job throughout the entire night with the ceremony music, the background dinner music and then getting the party started later in the night. Our guests loved the music and danced the entire night! Zach also did a great job helping us edit down the first dance songs to be just the right length. He was great to work with!

Sent on 05/31/2017