Boulder Ridge Country Club Reviews

Boulder Ridge Country Club 3
Boulder Ridge Country Club 4
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 11/17/2018

Wouldn't pick anyone else!!

Boulder Ridge Country Club was the absolute perfect dream place to have my winter wedding. Janet Logan, the coordinator was so awesome and part of the reason why we picked there. She has a lot of experience and was able to help give us ideas and a page of suggestions of what to have the week before the wedding which was super helpful as I had no experience in wedding planning before. The staff was so friendly and accomodating to everyone. I loved Boulder Ridge and wish I could relive the day over and over. It was so beautiful with all of the candles and Christmas decor up. The bar is in the same room as the dance floor which was awesome as to keep everyone together and dancing rather than out in the halls (which i have seen at other places and didn't want my dance floor empty just because the bar was somewhere else). They only have one wedding a night which I loved, so they truly catered to us! Boulder Ridge is on a beautiful golf course which makes the perfect backdrop for our pictures! They are so professional there. All of the guests absolutely loved it!! Would definitely pick there again!!! Thank you Janet and Boulder Ridge staff for making my dream wedding come true!!!

Sent on 12/14/2018
    Boulder Ridge Country Club 5
    Boulder Ridge Country Club 6
    Boulder Ridge Country Club 7
    Boulder Ridge Country Club 8
  • Lorin

Lorin · Married on 09/15/2018

Beautiful!!

My husband Jeremy and I got married at Boulder Ridge CC in September, 2018. I just wanted to email you to give you another HUGE thank you!! My husband and I continue to discuss our wedding and how perfect everything was at least weekly. From the food, the amazing staff, the set up and take down, and for all of the organization that you did to make our day just perfect, we thank you SO much!! Not only do our guests still rave about Boulder Ridge, we are so grateful we were able to have our wedding there and are so glad that it was available for us. We just cannot thank you and all of the staff enough for all of your hard work and for making our day more perfect than we could’ve ever imagined! There is not a single thing that went wrong that day, and we owe so much of that to you and the other staff members. So again, thank you SO SO much. We appreciate you all!!

Sent on 04/01/2019

Amy · Married on 01/20/2018

We used Boulder Ridge for our January 2018 wedding. From start to finish they went above and beyond to make our day perfect. Everything from the food, to the bar, to the decorations, to the cake were perfect.
    Our guests were able to chose from chicken piccata or filet mignon. We received nothing but compliments about how much people enjoyed there entrees. Plate prices included many extras that other venues wanted to up-charge you for. If you've never been to Boulder Ridge .... it is gorgeous! Please consider them for your event. Janet and Star will make your day beautiful.

Sent on 02/14/2018

Amanda · Married on 08/26/2017

Our wedding day was perfect! Everything from start to finish went smoothly because Janet and her staff were extremely detail oriented and complete professionals. I felt like I had a wedding planner every step of the way which alleviated a lot of the stress that comes with wedding planning. Boulder Ridge was also very reasonably priced, they did not “nickel & dime” you for everything. Their wedding package is an amazing value especially considering the quality of the food, staff and Janet!

Sent on 09/21/2017
  • Kathryn

Kathryn · Married on 08/05/2016

We LOVED having our wedding at Boulder Ridge. Janet was amazing- she helped us through every detail and was so kind to us. Throughout planning, the club was responsive, clear, and professional. I never felt like we were being taken advantage of or "just another wedding". They were so attentive to us personally, and it showed. Every single part of the night went perfectly, the staff was so accommodating and kind, and we had an amazing time. We were complimented on the food all night (it was seriously amazing) and we were so happy to provide a good meal to our guests. Way above the standard of typical wedding food! Every detail was perfect and the club was an amazing place to host our wedding. The ballroom was beautiful, the grounds were gorgeous, and everyone went out of their way to be so helpful to us! I loved how easy and stress free Janet made planning our wedding- everything was just perfect!

Sent on 08/08/2016

Christopher · Married on 06/25/2016

My wife and I had our wedding here in June 2016. We were very impressed with the venue throughout our experience working with them. Janet, our coordinator at Boulder Ridge, was responsive, easy to work with and very organized. The venue staff was fantastic; I felt extraordinarily special during the entire event. I'd definitely recommend Boulder Ridge to anybody considering an event there.

Sent on 07/30/2016

Jessica · Married on 06/25/2016

Great choice for a wedding venue! It's stunning and we love all of our wedding pictures. We didn't use a wedding coordinator, and Janet did an excellent job making sure everything happened on time and helping us coordinator all of our vendors. She is great to work with and gave us so many excellent tips as we planned our big day. We ended up having to do the ceremony inside because of the weather, and Janet and her team seamlessly coordinated the transition from ceremony to reception in the same room. Boulder Ridge was a perfect choice for us and we really enjoyed working with them from start to finish. Definitely worth the cost.

Sent on 08/16/2016

Carolyn · Married on 10/10/2015

Janet was wonderful to work with. The staff was amazing, food was delicious, wonderful service, & beautiful venue.

Sent on 10/27/2015

If you are looking for a beautiful venue, great food, amazing service, then you need to have your wedding at this venue. The service is impeccable and Janet Logan is amazing at what she does. During our months of planning, she was very patient and replied very quickly to any questions or concerns. On our wedding day, we knew that we did not have to be nervous about anything going wrong because the staff is so organized and very nice!

Sent on 12/03/2015

I went to a bridal shower here several years ago and remember thinking "I would love to have my wedding here someday." So when I got engaged it was he first and last place I looked!! Beautiful, elegant and accommodating. Food was the best I've ever had at a wedding and I'm not just saying that. Everyone did. The cake vendor that was included in the price wa phenomenal. Best wedding cake we've ever had and she nailed the decorating. I took her a picture and she pretty much replicated it. Janet Logan is the absolute best at keeping you calm and organized during this stressful but exciting time. Always quick to respond to email and calls. Offers suggestions without being pushy. From the tastings to picking the linens, everytime we met I left feeling even more excited and confident that our wedding would be perfect. The venue lets you take pictures on the greens of the course and they turned out absolutely breath taking. They cleaned up at the end of this night which was wonderful. Saved everything neatly for us to pick up the next day. Oh and let's not forget the Amazing bar list that is also included in the package. I could go on and on. Trust me you will not be disappointed if you choose this venue for any important event in your life!!!! Thank you Boulder Ridge!!!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Katie · Married on 08/30/2014

Janet logan, the catering director, is a saint. She is as patient as could be and is always quick to return calls and emails. Boulder ridge tries really gard to make your wedding perfect and the food is delicious. Everything was outstanding.

Sent on 10/09/2014

Emily · Married on 10/18/2013

Boulder Ridge is incredible!! Janet and the entire staff at Boulder Ridge made the planning process stress free and ensured our day was even better than we had imagined it. Our guests are still complimenting the food a month later and raved about the friendly staff and gorgeous ballroom. Our ceremony was scheduled to be outside and due to the cold temperatures that day we moved our ceremony inside. The transition was seamless and the ceremony was gorgeous! So many people spend their wedding making sure their guests are taken care of and having a good time. Boulder Ridge not only did that for us, but made sure that we were taken care of and that we had a good time. From start to finish they went above and beyond. I cannot say enough about Boulder Ridge. They truly made our day a dream come true, and one that we will never forget, and neither will our guests!

Sent on 11/16/2013

My husband and I wanted a quality wedding at an affordable cost and we got more than we expected at Boulder Ridge Country Club. We had an afternoon wedding ceremony on their beautiful veranda that overlooks the golf course, pond, and neighboring homes--and the view and feel were just breathtaking. It really contributed to the romantic feel I wanted our wedding to have. We didn't hire a wedding coordinator, but honestly, I didn't need one because Janet Logan, the catering director, steered me in the right direction. During the early stages of wedding planning she gave me great suggestions and provided ideas that I would've never known to consider. What topped it off for me was the fact that she was THERE, available, active, and engaged the entire time. She quickly problem solved when the DJ I contracted screwed up our wedding ceremony music, and then she took it upon herself to fix my bridal gown train as I entered the aisle with my dad (it's the small things that count!). But the best thing about Boulder Ridge is that (just like the other reviews say) they're not only a beautiful venue but they offer truly professional, attentive, and caring service. My husband and I were FLOORED during the reception! We sat back enjoying our delicious Chicken Oscar, and saw how attentive the wait staff were. We go out A LOT and we've never been this pleased with the service. The waitstaff, the bartender, and the catering manager were all great at what they do. I was happy, my husband was happy, and most of all our guests were happy. Matter of fact, they were so happy that it made their 80 minute drive to the venue worthwhile (we all live in Chicago).

I truly recommend this venue and I'm very thankful for all that they did for us. I know that it's what they get paid to do, but many places get paid to offer the same services and they fall severely short of being quality service providers.

Sent on 10/20/2013

Jonathan · Married on 10/12/2013

My wife and I had our wedding reception at Boulder Ridge on 10/12/2013 with 230 guests. When we arrive to take pictures on the ground, we were amazed at how beautiful the room was. Janet Logan is amazing and her attentiveness and professionalism is second to none. We always felt comfortable with the wedding planning knowing Janet was there to answer our questions. On the big day everything was beautiful, the service was quick and courteous, and the food was to die for. We are still receiving compliments about the food and the overall reception. If we had to do it all over again, we would choose Boulder Ridge in a heartbeat! Thank you for making our big day perfect!

Sent on 11/19/2013

Jaclyn · Married on 09/28/2013

Boulder Ridge offers great packages at affordable prices. I love that packages include the main meal, top shelf liquor, cake, ice cream, champagne toast, and 4 h'orderves. It made planning very easy! The grounds at Boulder Ridge are impeccable, and the ball room is gorgeous. Janet, the wedding coordinator, was so easy to work with. She was easy to get ahold of and very receptive to what we wanted. I would definitely recommend Boulder Ridge if you are looking for a beautiful wedding venue.

Sent on 09/16/2014

Christine · Married on 06/22/2013

Boulder Ridge exceeded all of our expectations and our wedding was absolutely perfect! The venue is gorgeous; we had our ceremony outside and our reception inside (250 guests). We really enjoyed working with Janet. Her attention to detail made us confident that everything would run smoothly and it did. We received so many compliments from our guests on how beautiful the venue was and how great the food was. I definitely recommend Boulder Ridge for any wedding or event!

Sent on 08/31/2013
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 06/09/2013

My husband and I couldn't be happier with our choice in a wedding venue. From the start to finish, the details were handled with ease. Janet Logan did such an excellent job, we have recommended her, and the staff of Boulder Ridge to everyone we know.

Our guests are still talking about how beautiful the venue was (inside and out), and also say how much they loved the food and service. Janet literally handled every detail, we didn't have to worry about one thing during the planning process, and the day of the wedding went off without a hitch. Janet truly does her job well, and knows how to deliver. She was quick to reply to all of our questions, and never flinched! Her attitude is stellar. Great to work with.

Everything was as perfect and memorable as we hoped it would be!! We would definitely consider booking this venue for another event, like a baby shower, or anniversary party.

If you're considering Boulder Ridge for your wedding, you won't be disappointed. I have read some reviews by other couples about how pricey this venue is, but we saved a lot by having our wedding on a Sunday afternoon!!! If you aren't set on a Saturday evening wedding, go for a Sunday afternoon. Same great venue and staff, for a lot less. It's a venue that will impress your friends and family - but most importantly, you'll feel like a King and Queen on your special day!!

We had such a good time at Boulder Ridge, we didn't want it to end! We kept saying to each other how absolutely beautiful it was. We'd do it again in a heartbeat :)

Great Venue - Great Staff - Great Food - Great Memories - Perfect choice.

Sent on 08/23/2013
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 09/01/2012

Boulder Ridge was expensive, but amazing to work with. The food and service was amazing. Janet and her staff were so easy to work with. She was patient and flexible with my questions and indecisiveness! It had rained on our wedding day and we were planning on having our ceremony outside since the rain passed. They were very accommodating in switching the ceremony to inside at the last minute! Everything and everyone was taken care of on the day of the wedding.

Sent on 11/18/2012
  • Donna

Donna · Married on 06/15/2012

Boulder Ridge is worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY. Janet Logan and her staff are just wonderful, always quick to respond to emails and calls. The location is just so beautiful that you barely need any flowers, we kept it very minimal, and the room is huge. The total price per person might seem like a lot, but she offers almost every little detail possible so you don't have to do all the little things and/or add any food items for cocktail hour or the cake. The cake business they work with, Cakes by Dea, is also amazing. Our photographer even said to us "I have never seen people be so happy with wedding cake before!" And the food, omg the food, everything is just amazing--nothing was dry, nothing was cold, and everybody left with a full belly.
    Boulder books very quickly, so if you want to get married during wedding season you better book a year and a half out. We got married June 15, 2012 and we booked in April 2011 (and there were only 2 or 3 days left in June).
    We also had our ceremony here because its a gorgeous venue. You can chose from either the terrace above or the patio that faces the golf course. We picked the patio because of the spectacular view. Once again, Janet makes everything easy for you (has the altar, rents chairs, etc).

Sent on 06/27/2012

Miranda · Married on 05/25/2012

Janet Logan and the staff at Boulder Ridge was amazing! The venue in and of itself is extremely beautiful. Janet and her team made the planning and set up for our wedding absolutely seamless. All of our guests raved about how delicious the hor d'oeurves were and the entrees were also fantastic. At the end of the night we didn't have to lift a finger to clean up, again the staff had everything under control. Thank you Janet and the Boulder Ridge staff for making our wedding a night to remember!!

Sent on 06/19/2012

Stacy · Married on 09/17/2011

I can't say enough about Boulder Ridge Country Club. Janet was amazing as well as her staff. They exceeded our expectations and made our day more beautiful than we could have ever imagined. I still think about the moment that I walked into our reception room and saw everything put together for the first time…I almost feel over…it was beautiful! Janet's kindness and quick response was much appreciated during the most stressful year of our lives. I would recommend Boulder Ridge for any occasion. They made that part of the wedding planning process easy and the result was beyond our wildest dreams. Thank you sooo much for everything!

Sent on 10/04/2011

Laura · Married on 08/19/2011

We REALLY loved working with Janet at Boulder Ridge. She was very attentative and open to what we wanted our special day to be like - including having our dog at our ceremony on the patio. This was the only vendor we looked at that including appetizers and for a gaited community with just lovely scenery, their prices were VERY competitive. We LOVED Boulder Ridge.

Sent on 11/07/2011

Soula · Married on 08/13/2011

Our ceremony and reception were both held at Boulder Ridge. Janet was great in our planning; I always had a ton of questions for her and she responded to them all. We ended up having to move our outdoor ceremony inside due to rain and it still looked beautiful in the ballroom on the dance floor. Janet was there the whole time until the last couple hours of the night and any time she had to make a change (adding an aisle runner for the ceremony) she always checked with me. She hugged me and my husband before she left and congratulated us on our big day. The staff was outstanding- they were all incredibly professional and polite. All our guests raved about the food, which was delicious. I never once had to worry the entire night about whether the venue was doing something we had asked for- it was all taken care of. The club was just beautiful and I would recommend it to anyone!

Sent on 08/30/2011

Jeff · Married on 08/05/2011

My wife and I decided to do Boulder Ridge over a hall because of the quality and personalization that we wouldn't get at a hall. Did we get that and then some!! Janet did a fantastic job at our wedding planning everything making sure every detail wasn't missed!! After talking with one of the servers the night of, she said that this was the smoothest wedding that she's ever served at! Which means a lot as the servers were there pouring the wine for us, the food was EXCELLENT and HOT! Janet the banquet manager was there most of the night with us making sure things went smoothly which they did! Great job and I'd recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 09/14/2011