Boucher Visuals Reviews

1 User photo

Boucher Visuals 1

elissa · Married on 09/14/2019

The Very Best

I couldn't recommend Joel at Boucher Visuals more. Not only is his work superior, he was also awesome to work with the day of. You want to be in the moment and present on your wedding day and the people surrounding you have a large impact on this. Joel's energy was great - very nice and calm. We received our videos ~5 weeks after our wedding and couldn't be more happy with them...we're actually having him create more!

Sent on 10/23/2019

Hillary Laggis Ribaudo · Married on 08/24/2019

Most amazing videographer! A must hire!

I fell in love with Joel’s incredible videography long before I met and fell in love with my husband. It was 2014 and my best friend was getting married. We would sit on her bed for hours watching Joel’s videos and bawling our eyes out, both because of how amazingly authentic and beautiful his work was but also because we knew my friend didn’t have the budget to hire him for her wedding. Unbeknownst to her, her fiancé surprised her by hiring Joel and she was able to get her perfect wedding video. Fast forward four years and it was my turn to get married. I knew I had to hire Joel. I didn’t look into any other videographers, because I had been waiting for the opportunity to work with him. In my opinion, no one else’s work even comes close. My fiancé was on the fence a bit about making the investment as I’m sure a lot of grooms are (“aren’t the photos enough? Do we really need a video?....”). One day, he and his sister were talking about it and she said, “you know, the video was the best investment we made at our wedding. Brooklyn (their daughter) watches our wedding video at least once a week.” That conversation sealed the deal and we moved forward with booking Joel. Then, a little later in the process, we made the decision to hire him for our rehearsal dinner as well, knowing that a lot of people would give speeches and that we wanted to capture the entire weekend’s worth of festivities. Joel was simply amazing to work with. He is not only kind, professional, organized, and relaxed, but he possesses this incredible talent of somehow staying deep in the background of all that is going on, yet he was right there when we needed him and took charge in the moment to capture everything we wanted. People said to me multiple times throughout the weekend that they didn’t even know we had a videographer, that they never saw him, or that when they did, they were so surprised because he was so unobtrusive. He’s a cinematography ninja! We haven’t even seen our video yet, but I am so looking forward to the moment when we do. Joel was a dream to work with, we loved every minute of it. We are over the moon that we hired him and even more excited that we hired him for the rehearsal dinner as well. We want to relive our wedding over and over again and know that Joel will give us that gift. We can’t wait for the day that our son or daughter asks to watch it like Teddy’s niece so often requests of her parents. We would highly, highly recommend Joel to anyone considering a videographer for their wedding. Watch a few of his videos and you won’t need any more convincing. Thank you, Joel!

Sent on 08/26/2019

Lexi C · Married on 07/09/2019

Great energy and talented!

Joel was amazing to work with! Professional, friendly, super nice and talented. Our video came out amazing and we are so grateful to have this to remember our day! Would highly recommend him!!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Haley Newman · Married on 06/25/2019

Memories forever

It is hard to encapsulate in words the gratitude we feel for having chosen Boucher Visuals for our wedding videographer. Joel and his team were able to encapsulate the story of our wedding day. The drone footage will remind us of the beauty of nature and the setting of our wedding in Vermont. It also allowed us to see this experience of bringing together everyone we love from a view overhead--how incredible! They were there to capture the essence of every speech that was made the night before our wedding and on our wedding day--jokes, stories, laughter, and tender moments that might have been forgotten amidst so many special parts of this day. There were interactions that we were able to witness from this video that we hadn’t even known occurred, and moments with our parents and other loved ones that we can now relive and remember forever.
    My husband had a vision for what our wedding would look like, and everything exceeded both of our expectations--including this amazing video that we have to look back on and relive our connection to each other and all of the important people in our lives. I am so grateful to Boucher Visuals that we have these memories forever.
    Also--Joel is a wonderful person and fantastic to work with!

Sent on 08/14/2019

Maggie Kennedy · Married on 04/05/2019

So grateful!

Joel and Dan were excellent to work with. We are SO happy we decided to get a cinematographer and couldn't be more pleased with the outcome.

Sent on 06/05/2019
  • Rob

Rob · Married on 12/16/2018

Calming, creative, quality

I was on the fence about having a videographer at our wedding until seeing Joel's work. From the minute we met, as I was frantically running around doing last minute things, he was calming and professional. He and my photographer worked together and with little direction if any, Joel was able to put together a world or art. I barely saw him most of the day however he covered everything brilliantly. He was not one of those "in your face, scripted" videographers, he stayed out of the way while being able to somehow create something we truly love. He also went out of his way to make me feel comfortable and ease my nerves which I really appreciated. I would recommend him undoubtedly and wouldn't have changed a single thing. Thank you Joel, everything was amazing.

Sent on 02/25/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/20/2018

Rave reviews for our video!

When we were choosing a videographer (from afar) I had calls with a few vendors. There was one other whose work I also liked and was cheaper, but I felt like the convo with Joel was so easy and comfortable that I'd rather spend the money to have the right person with me on the big day. It was the right call! Joel is so sweet and easy going and I was happy to have him with me. And the end result...a gorgeous video (short and long) that is so us! It really is incredible work and everyone raves to me about it. I think I'll go watch it again right now!

Sent on 06/21/2019

Sam · Married on 10/14/2018

Worth every penny!

Joel is amazing! He is responsive, personable, and professional. Joel captured our wedding beautifully and in a way that reflected mine and my husband's personalities. We are not a sappy couple, but rather were beyond excited to celebrate with our family and friends. When searching for a videographer I wanted to be sure that they would create a video that reflected our personalities. Joel did just that - he captured the ceremony with the seriousness and respect it deserves, and injected our more light-hearted personalities into the film. 100% would recommend him for a personalized and visually stunning product!

Sent on 01/09/2019

Vienna · Married on 10/06/2018

Tartaglia-O'Brien Wedding 10-6-18

Worked amazing with our photographer. Was accommodating when we had to switch up the rooms. Made us look amazing and the video was more than I could have ever imagined. Is willing to help us out with a small part of the ceremony we didn't like that was not his fault in the least. Have already watched the video 3 time and can't wait to watch it again

Sent on 01/13/2019
  • Vilma

Vilma · Married on 09/15/2018

One of the best in the industry!

If you're looking for a cinematographer in New England, Joel is your guy. My wife Sarah and I cannot express how wonderful it was to work with Joel during our planning process. We were blown away by Joel's work ethic, prompt communication, and overall genuine demeanor. From the very first phone call, we knew we were going to have a great experience with Joel. He was so responsive and professional, which for us is a big deal and removed any potential stress regarding videography through the wedding planning process. Joel made us feel very comfortable and clearly wanted to deliver a product true to our vision; he did not impose his ideas but strove to embody ours. During the wedding day, neither us nor our guests ever felt the awkward imposition of a lens. His presence was impressively subtle while still capturing all the moments and essence of the day. When the video arrived, it was above and beyond what we could have imagined. Joel both balanced breathtaking and dramatic shots of the scenery with the intimate and subtle moments that we hadn't even realized were so meaningful to us. In short, Joel delivered a beautifully done video that was not overly polished but accentuated the sincerity and intimacy of our day that we had hoped would come through. We still cannot stop watching it with laughter, smiles, and happy tears and have received nothing but positive feedback from friends and family. Joel overdelivered on our expectations, and we are so grateful to have had such a wonderful person involved in our lives' biggest milestone.

Sent on 12/09/2018

Lily · Married on 09/08/2018

Joel is the best!

Joel was amazing to work with! My parents were hesitant about having a videographer at the wedding (they are very traditional and didn’t like the idea of having someone around with a video camera). I am happy to say that they both have admitted to how wonderful Joel was- he is discreet, thoughtful, and truly talented. Our wedding video is everything we hoped for (and more)! HIGHLY recommend Joel!!

Sent on 11/23/2018
  • Caitlyn

Caitlyn Kjolhede · Married on 08/12/2018

Joel is Amazing!!!

I can't say enough good about Joel. He does incredible work, he is truly an artist, he captured the sweet and sentimental moments of our ceremony perfectly and simultaneously captured the wild energy of the dance party at our reception. He was wonderful to work with, delivered our video early, and created an epic soundtrack too! He is truly the best.

Sent on 11/24/2019

Meagan Oakes · Married on 08/11/2018

Excellent, Easy

Joel with Boucher Visuals is insanely talented! He was able to capture all of the most beautiful details from our wedding day and made the most incredible wedding video.

Sent on 10/22/2018

Holly · Married on 07/28/2018

As a Bride, when I started the wedding planning process I wasn’t quite sure if I wanted to hire a videographer. I thought that it could add extra stress to the day because I would be worrying about the videographer near me and my every facial expression, movement, etc. I knew I wanted to just enjoy the day and live in the moment. But I also knew that one day my husband and I would probably want to share our wedding day with our kids and grandkids. After hearing really great things about Joel, I decided it would be worth it. And it most definitely was!

Joel exceeded all expectations as a vendor and videographer. On the day of the wedding he was a true gentleman and such a pleasure to be around. He made his presence known at the beginning of the day to check-in and make sure I was doing well, and to make sure he knew the things that I wanted to be captured. For the rest of the day, I barely noticed his presence. He graciously made his way around the ceremony and reception venue to capture every single detail… and I mean every single detail!

We were beyond please with the final result. As we watched our wedding video (about 12 times the first day) when we received it, we were laughing and smiling the whole time. I am so thankful for all the special moments that Joel captured (even one’s that I didn’t even notice on the actual day), and the way he utilized his artistic skills to convey the gravity and emotion of the day. We cannot wait to share our wedding video with future generations!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Kelly · Married on 12/30/2017

Boucher Visuals was absolutely amazing!!! Working with Joel was nothing but a pleasure. Throughout the entire process he was very available & helpful. We received our wedding video not too long ago and my husband and I could not be happier with the end result. It was so amazing reliving the day/night and Joel captured everything perfectly. I would recommend Boucher Visuals to anyone, amazing experience all around!

Sent on 03/13/2018

Natasha · Married on 12/16/2017

Joel was absolutely amazing, he is so professional and his work is truly incredible. If you are looking for extremely talented work look no further. Our wedding video is something we will cherish forever and it truly is amazing.

Sent on 02/19/2018

Travis · Married on 12/16/2017

Joel was not only professional and extremely talented but also a complete pleasure to work with. He captured moments throughout our wedding day that we will cherish forever. I would highly recommend Joel and Boucher Visuals to anyone who is planning a wedding or event, this was by far the best investment we made. We received our wedding video on Valentine's day with a personalized cover and note from Joel, since then we have probably watched it over 50 times! The ability to re-live one of the most important and wonderful days of our lives is absolutely priceless. As we begin our journey through life as husband and wife together, we can't wait for the day our children get to watch the day Mommy and Daddy tied the knot! Thank you so much Joel!!!!

Sent on 02/23/2018

Mairead · Married on 11/11/2017

Joel was amazing every step of the way!! From our engagement shoot in the rain to our wedding with below freezing temps! Joel was accommodating and made us feel so comfortable. The second shooter Paul was just as awesome. Joel even helped out and guided us through our timeline for the wedding day. The photographs are more than I ever could have dreamed of!!! Every detail was perfect!!!!

Sent on 02/14/2018

Shawn · Married on 10/14/2017

100% satisfied!

Joel filmed our wedding in October 2017. Watching the video he produced on our anniversary reminded us that we never got around to writing a review. I had some initial doubts about whether a videographer was worth the cost, but decided to go for it at my wife's urging. We are so happy that we did. Joel was excellent to work with from beginning to end, and we absolutely love the video he provided. We would whole-heartedly recommend Boucher visuals to any couple considering a videographer!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Karen · Married on 09/24/2017

Joel was amazing to work with. All the little extras meant the world to us. He tries so hard to make each video fit the couples wants and needs. Our video came out beautiful. His editing skills are exceptional. I laughed and cried during the entire video. Beautiful work.

Sent on 01/12/2018

Victoria · Married on 09/23/2017

Joel was so great to work with, he is very laid back and an all around great person. We used him as our videographer at our wedding. He was able to capture everything I had hoped for an much more!! I would highly recommend him to anyone getting married in the area. On top of everything else the final video came in an amazing dvd case. Everyone who has seen the video has been so impressed and has loved it. My husband and I couldn't be happier!
    Joel you are the best!!

Sent on 01/06/2018

Jill · Married on 09/02/2017

Joel did all the photography and videography for our wedding, as well as our engagement photo shoot. He is incredibly talented, and both my husband and I are so glad we chose to work with him. Shortly after each photo shoot, he would send us a small batch of photos as a "teaser", which we loved because it can be so hard to wait for them when you're excited! Joel was also organized and responsive throughout the whole process, and was helpful in coordinating the flow of our wedding day based on his judgement about the lighting at certain times of day, etc. I don't always enjoy being photographed, but Joel made the process feel comfortable and fun, and he captured every special moment of our day in such a beautifully candid way.

Sent on 09/12/2017

Laura · Married on 08/26/2017

We loved working with Joel! He was incredibly professional and had us very relaxed throughout the day! He captured all of the best moments and we will truly cherish the memories that he captured for the rest of our lives! Highly recommend working with Joel if he is available!

Sent on 02/06/2018

Emily · Married on 06/24/2017

We couldn’t be happier with the work Joel produced for both our engagement shoot and our wedding this past June. Thanks to his attention to detail, creative flare, and skilled approach, we now have some of our most treasured moments captured for a lifetime of visual memories.

Joel took the time to understand our wedding theme and vision, to walk the property where our wedding took place, and connect with us about the most important details that we wanted captured. He then went above and beyond by taking those details and inserting them into the most beautiful atmospheres: For example, he photographed my wedding dress on a branch in the flower garden where we had our ceremony and placed our rings on a beautiful patch of moss. We truly appreciated this level of detail and texture that pulled from the nature in which our wedding was being celebrated within.

Joel also did a wonderful job coordinating our first looks to ensure that we didn’t see each other beforehand, were properly mic-ed, and got to experience the true emotional weight of the moment. We are so grateful that he was willing to capture this experience both in photo and video form, as it was one of the most poignant moments of our relationship to date.

We were so impressed that Joel was professional, energetic, and enthusiastic the entire day. Taking photos for 12 hours is no simple task, but Joel’s calm attitude helped us to remain present and confident with how things would turn out. The result: Incredible photos from every special moment throughout our day.

If you’re looking for a wedding photographer or cinematographer, you can stop your search right here!

Sent on 07/02/2017

Kyle · Married on 06/17/2017

We absolutely loved working with Joel, whom we'd met after a friend introduced us after her wedding in Vermont. He was incredibly professional, friendly, and a pleasure to have at our wedding in New York this June. The final video blew us away and our friends and family agreed. Now we just need to figure out another life event for him to capture for us.

Sent on 10/29/2017