Boston Sound and Light Company - DJ Yogz Reviews

139 Reviews for Boston Sound and Light Company - DJ Yogz

• Isha

Isha Gautam · Married on 05/24/2020

A very generous surprise for a covid19 couple

Like many other 2020 couples, our wedding was also affected by Covid-19 and got cancelled but we still wanted to do small in house backyard virtual wedding with family and friends on video call. I contacted Yogi initially for our wedding but before we could finalize anything, we had to cancel our wedding. When Yogi got to know from a photographer friend that we are doing our small backyard wedding with no family around, BSL was super generous and kind to plan an awesome surprise for us to show up full on with Band, Baraat, Music and Dhol to make our wedding day complete with Indian tradition so that we dont miss on anything.
    They were so kind to give that whole great proper fun Baraat experience as a very generous gift to us

Sent on 06/18/2020
  • User4586464 · Recently married

Best DJ Ever. Fullstop.

My wife and I wish we could get married again, just to have him host another party on our behalf.
    Music Selection 10/10
    Timing 10/10
    Knowing how to manage a crowd 10/10
    Willingness to help out with entrance songs 10/10
    Awesome lighting 10/10

What more do you need? He's like one of those instant pots, you set it, and forget it, and the result is amazing.
    Highly recommend. We're looking to go to one of his parties in the future (I think he's doing a New Years event?)

Love,
    Megha and Bharath

Sent on 11/16/2019

Tracy · Married on 09/29/2019

Indian fusion and best dance party EVER!

What an amazing beautiful day it was. Perfectly executed ceremony on the beach, with no sound mishaps. The decor, the flowers, the mix of traditional and modern outfits, and the quality of the sound. Even my grandmother and aunties could hear! Provided a very unique reception with a dohl player and uplighting matching the mood, and beat. The combination of different genres old and new and of course Taylor Swift was a big hit with out crowd. The ability DJ Jay had to read the room was impeccable, and flowed very smoothly. He always got the dance floor dancing again.

Sent on 11/06/2019
  • Sonia

Sonia C · Married on 08/10/2019

The Right Choice to Rock Your Party!

We hired Yogi and his team for our wedding day and Sangeet. The BSL team did a fantastic job rocking our wedding celebration. Three weeks after the wedding, our guests can’t stop reminding us how great the party was.

Yogi and his team were a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process. They always made themselves available via phone, text or email and extremely responsive. They were accommodating even when we had some last minute changes to our music selection the day before the wedding. We can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 08/28/2019

Nishat · Married on 08/04/2019

So fun and responsive!

Yogi and the dhol player we hired kept everyone on the dance floor all night for two events - and we had over 300 people at the wedding! Such a great DJ if you're having a fusion wedding, and Yogi has all of the uplighting and AV equipment you could need. Spend your money on a DJ and everyone will have a good time -- so so worth it. He also kept everything on track and was a great emcee!

Sent on 08/13/2019

Shifa Bashir · Married on 08/03/2019

Shifa’s wedding

DJ Yogz was an amazing MC host and DJ for my wedding. He followed our timeline religiously and understood how to deal with delays without affecting the schedule. In addition, he did a great job entertaining the guests and keeping them laughing through the night. I would recommend him 10/10!!!

Sent on 08/21/2019

Meeta · Married on 07/13/2019

Excellent service and entertaining

We booked Boston Sound and Light Company for our wedding weekend in Riviera Maya, Cancun, Mexico. Yogi and Dipesh were very accommodating and hands down amazing! It's been almost a month since the wedding and our guests are still talking about the amazing job they did for the entire weekend but specifically our Garba/Sangeet! My family is Gujarati and my husbands family is Tamilian and BSL did an amazing job combining both cultures! Everyone enjoyed the music - they really tailored to our style/request and willing to accommodate/work with the guests at the party and encouraging everyone to enjoy the festivities. They treated all our guests as family and went above an beyond to care for us. We highly recommend them and would definitely book them again for future events.

Sent on 08/14/2019

Nidhya Navanandan · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing DJ!

Can't say enough about Yogi and his BSL team. Yogi ensured that all events from the ceremony to cocktail hour to reception ran smoothly. He promised to keep at least 80% of the people in the room dancing and maintained his promise. He has all the bells and whistles to make any wedding amazing and unique. I would highly recommend him for any event!

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Geetika

Geetika Surapaneni · Married on 06/18/2019

A wonderful experience

Yogi and the whole team were amazing. They were super professional and kind. The whole event ran smoothly and everyone had a great time because of them.

Sent on 09/18/2019

Sri R · Married on 06/01/2019

Bsl will be the best decision you make

BSL's reputation precedes itself. We had already known that they were the best in the business, and DJ Yogi in particular, just has this legendary status in New England. The first time my family and I met him was when he was setting up for another wedding. Despite being busy with that, and also a number of other things in his life, the care, attention and kindness he emanated made us feel like we were the only thing on his mind. He was so prompt, kind and accommodating, and was one critical part of the wedding planning process and actual wedding where we felt completely at ease. We got married during a very busy time of the year, and he also shuffled his schedule to make it to our ceremony and reception.

My entire family was completely blown over by the work of him and his team. We had a very unusual wedding setup, with multiple outdoor venues (which had never seen an Indian wedding like ours before) and needed to fuse American, North and South Indian (Kannada) elements, plus uplighting for both outdoor and indoor venues. He and his team took all of our requests in stride, delivering a spectacular experience for us and our guests. Some of our guests who had flown in from Europe and Asia specifically reached out to me just to say how incredible our DJ was.

BSL is truly a labor of love for DJ Yogi and his team, and I am sure every client they have (like us) feels their kindness and sincerity. During and after our wedding, I didn't feel like I was working with a vendor. I felt like I gained a new friend.

Sent on 04/13/2020

Monisha · Married on 05/22/2019

Amaziinnggg timmmee!

BSL is amazing. The team and Yogi made sure everything was streamlined, worked with us according to our timelines, very warm and welcoming. They take more time out and invest to make your big day awesomer ! All my friends and family fell in love with their energy and cordination skills and came up to me and complimented. They keep the crowd engaged and going ! Totally loved every moment we spent with them on ur big day ! The best part of all... they always have a huge smile on their face, irrespective of DJ related stuff, they will help you with everything else on the day of, only to make you feel better. Thanks a lot guys ! for such an amazing experience

Sent on 06/03/2019

Tanushree · Married on 04/13/2019

BSL Rocked Our Wedding!

BSL is far and away the best wedding DJs that I have seen! After seeing their execution at my brother-in-law’s wedding, it was a no-brainer. They exceeded my expectations with their professionalism and cared deeply to make our wedding a success. As soon as the party started- guests were on the dance floor and it stayed dancing the entire night! BSL listened to our music requests and blended our requests perfectly with some other hits to keep our guests dancing and happy. You can tell that DJ Krups feels out the mood of the crowd. We got so many people who came up to us and said they have never seen people stay on the dance floor the entire night. With a fusion wedding, we had to coordinate several events on our wedding day which required an MC including a baarat, and these guys absolutely rocked it. DJ Krups and his team really cares about the success of the event and brings his full energy. Krupal is so easy to work with and constantly communicated with us throughout the day. He kept the event on track and made sure that we were satisfied and entertained. BSL was one of our most trusted vendors and we wouldn’t have changed anything. Thanks BSL!
    -Tanu and Jordan

Sent on 04/29/2019
  • Leena

Leena P · Married on 02/11/2019

Ethiopian/Indian Fusion Wedding and Reception

My fiancé, Ted, and I hired Yogi and his team at BSL to spin at our recent Ethiopian/Indian wedding and reception. We knew we were in great hands after seeing and hearing what BSL was capable of at my brother’s wedding in June 2018. Yogi and DJ Krups catered to our musical preferences which included mostly Reggaeton and Ethiopian music. Ted and I are so pleased with the attention to detail we received throughout the entire planning process with BSL. Yogi consistently communicated with me throughout the planning and kept me informed of all updates. He put me in touch with DJ Krups who helped me formulate my timeline in the most efficient and fun way for our wedding party. Ravi Rana played the dhol for us throughout the wedding festivities. He never missed a beat and kept everyone dancing during the Baraat and reception. Many of our guests approached us after the wedding to tell us it was the most fun they had at a wedding as there was nonstop dancing. Overall, my experience with BSL was nothing short of excellent. We were made to feel like family and gained brothers in Yogi, Krupal and Ravi. Ted and I are already considering having a big party after we renew our vows in a couple of years and it’s comforting to know we have BSL as our go-to vendor.

Sent on 11/18/2019

Sushant Prakash · Married on 02/06/2019

Best DJs in Boston Area!

Yogi is an amazing DJ, the best in all of the Boston area. He and his team are super professional, taking the time to understand our needs, and advising us on an overall timeline for the big event, and keeping everything super organized. They were able to use whatever songs we said were important to us, and also fill in on their own for whatever things we didn't specify. The day of, they were really great about dealing with last minute changes and went above and beyond to help everything go smoothly and keep everyone calm and having a good time!

Sent on 02/11/2020
  • Priyanka

Priyanka · Married on 11/16/2018

Best DJs in Town!

We chose Boston Sound & Light Company for our November 2018 destination wedding at the Hard Rock Punta Cana in the DR. We originally came across the company as they have done previous weddings at the venue we chose, and after speaking with Yogesh (DJ Yogz), I felt extremely comfortable that he would be the right fit for our wedding! We ended up hiring DJ Yogz as our MC and Dipesh as our DJ for our 4 day extravaganza and we cannot recommend them highly enough!

With the nuances of having two weddings (one Hindu (Telugu) & one Buddhist (Sri Lankan)), they walked us through all the steps of organizing each event and the music! All of our events went off without a hitch, and most importantly our almost rained out Sangeet turned into the best dance party in the rain of all time! Thanks to them, the party kept going and everyone had so much fun, that they keep talking about it 6 months later! It truly was the best weekend of our lives, and in a big part it was because of Yogesh and Dipesh that the events ran so smoothly.

As a Type A bride, both of them work really hard and fulfill every request (even the last minute ones, and were able to put everything together even with a few days notice for our sangeet, two weddings and reception). They tailored all of our wedding music to exactly what we wanted (and we had a different song for each of the 10-12 different sections of our Hindu ceremony), and Dipesh did a great job making sure everything was perfect! I cannot rave about how great they were making sure everything was PERFECT! Let’s not forget the surprise bridesmaids & groomsmen dance that Dipesh stitched together for us a couple of weeks before the wedding (which probably would have taken us hours), a complete lifesaver!

They took our song requests for each event and also did a great job making sure everyone was on the dance floor the entire time! All our guests had a great time, and Dipesh got an idea of the music and vibe we loved, and executed flawlessly for all the events! We had an absolute blast and cannot recommend BSL highly enough to any other brides & grooms that are looking for a great DJ/MC/lighting team all in one! They really DO IT ALL, and do it really well! They understand their clients and make sure that they really listen to what you want every step of the way! If you are thinking about BSL, don’t think twice, they really care, and do everything they can to make sure your event/events are a huge success (and the best dance party you’ve ever been to)! Thank you Yogesh, Dipesh & BSL for making our wedding weekend one for the history books!

Sent on 06/21/2019

Taarika · Married on 09/28/2018

If we could give 10 stars we would! We had heard of BSL but never experienced their work. I had the pleasure of sharing a phone conversation with Yogi back in December when beginning the DJ search and was immediately sold in the way he treated me like family and assured us that every aspect of our British/Indian fusion wedding would be taken care of. From then, Yogi was quick to respond to emails and questions and DJ Dee was kind enough to mix us different versions of our surprise first dance in just hours. We then had the pleasure of experiencing BSL in action at a friend’s wedding in June and met Yogi for the first time in person, yet we felt like we’d known him forever. He has an incredible way with people and crowds, it’s captivating and sincere and we knew we were in good hands. Fast forward to our wedding last Friday, Yogi and DJ Dee absolutely rocked our dance floor, getting family that can normally never be found on the dance floor, dancing all night long! Even our photographer didn’t want to leave! Yogi and Dee are an amazing combo who know how to read the crowd well and cater to everyone’s taste. Our friends and family have not stopped raving about the music that night and neither can we- if we could re-live the feeling of the dance floor that night, believe me, we would! We were even late to our own after party, sitting and chatting with Yogi and DJ Dee after our reception! We could not say enough good things about Yogi, DJ Dee and BSL. It was the best decision we made! THANK YOU ❤️

Sent on 10/06/2018

Sneha · Married on 09/14/2018

DJ Yogz and his team were absolutely amazing!! From day one, we were blown away by how professional , enthusiastic, confident, and experienced this team was in executing weddings seamlessly. Yogi worked with our budget to make sure all of our wedding visions could come true. He was always so prompt and responsive with all our questions and even helped us fine-tune our timeline for the wedding day. His team got the crowd going at the baraat, helped coordinate two different ceremonies, and rocked our reception flawlessly. Yogi and his team were simply phenomenal. As soon as the dance floor opened up, they had every single person out on the floor dancing, to the point that there was no room left on the floor! The energy and music were incredible!! We cannot thank Yogi and his team enough for everything that they did to make our wedding day go so smoothly!

Sent on 10/01/2018

kunal · Married on 09/08/2018

DJ Yogi and his team are the best DJs in the world. We had a crazy Indian/Western Fusion wedding that went off without a hitch. The actual Baraat, Ceremonies, and Reception were all done so seamlessly and easily while keeping the crowd engaged and giving my wife and I an incredible weekend we will never forget. Many of our guests marveled at how great DJ Yogi was. This isn't the whole story though -- DJ Yogi was with us from the beginning helping us with schedules and organization to ensure we had every aspect of our event covered. He helped us advice on vendor negotiations, timelines, and more. I cannot recommend DJ Yogi and his team enough -- They were perfect and are truly the best DJs around.

Sent on 09/17/2018

Aditi · Married on 09/02/2018

Boston Sound and Light went above and beyond expectations from planning to execution. Their attention to detail, responsiveness, and overall professionalism made planning and organizing a breeze. Day of, Jay did an amazing job mixing songs and genres and reacting to the crowd to keep us and our guests dancing until the venue closed.

Sent on 09/18/2018

Rima · Married on 09/02/2018

My husband and I loved working with DJ Yogz and his team at the Boston Sound and Light Company! We were planning our wedding from across the country and in coordination with our parents, so we didn't have a chance to meet his team in person before the wedding day. That ended up not mattering at all as DJ Yogz and Dipesh were responsive via email with a same-day or 1-day turn around on nearly everything! They helped us create personalized mixes of songs for performances. They played our songs on repeat during wedding-day downtime so we could practice our dances ad nauseum. They even went the extra mile to make sure we were drinking and eating throughout the reception! Between the LED dance floor, amazing DJ'ing, and emcee work, our guests were dancing the night away. Thank you so much for helping us bring our celebration to life. I would highly recommend this team!

Sent on 09/28/2018

Luky · Married on 09/01/2018

Dj Yogz and team killed it for all three of our events and went above and beyond to make sure everything went according to plan and even went out of his way to make sure things were even better than we expected! Would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 09/04/2018

Sanjay · Married on 08/17/2018

We hired BSL team to do a birthday party. They agreed to do it inspite of their busy schedule. Even though this was not a wedding event, they did a superlative job. The lighting and music was excellent and all our guests could not get enough. DJ Krups was fantastic and everyone was so disappointed when the music stopped because we had to vacate the hall. Keep up the amazing work BSL team. YOU ROCK!!!

Sent on 08/20/2018

Anuradha · Married on 08/17/2018

BSL was recommended by a good friend of ours. The only thing that I requested to BSL was that the music should be electric and nobody should be sitting. And man they delivered. All of our guests were on the floor. Felt like we were in a club. It was so much fun that people didn't want to leave. They wanted this to continue. BSL agreed to do it in spite of their busy schedule on a Friday evening. The lighting and music was excellent. We had a mixed crowd between 50s and teens but not a single person was sitting at the table. DJ Krups was fantastic. Keep up the amazing work BSL team. I will hire them in a heart beat. This was my husband's 50th bday. Who wants to turn older but if the party is so much fun, I don't mind :)

Sent on 08/30/2018

Mariam · Married on 07/29/2018

Yogi and his team were highly recommended to us when we began planning our daughter’s wedding in Boston one year before the event. Since we were planning it long distance- we live in India- good communication with the vendor was extremely important for us. Yogi did not disappoint us in this; he treated our event as though he was the wedding planner and was extremely responsive. With his vast experience he was able to give us exactly what we wanted and within a reasonable budget. Clearly, his team is as professional and talented as he is: DJKrups actually handled our event - and as Yogi had promised us, with Krups at the helm, our party ROCKED! A wonderful addition was the Dhol player, who, with Krup’s sensitive handling of the mood of the crowd, gave us an evening that will not be easily firgotten.
    Thank you, Yogi- you kept your word!

Sent on 08/10/2018
  • F

Faith · Married on 07/28/2018

As we were planning a slightly multicultural wedding, Boston Sound and Light was recommended to us by our wedding planner as well as other New England family friends saying that his services were hands-down the best in the area...and they couldn't have been more right.

Going into our wedding our main goal of hiring a DJ was to get a mix of Indian and American music. Yogi was able to deliver on that without a hitch, but he also played such a huge role in making sure everyone was having a great time...whether that meant amping up our entrance to the reception, introducing family members for speeches...all the while working with our planner to make sure we were on time with everything throughout the day. Even before the wedding when I (the bride) had a billion questions, he was willing to hop on an hour-long phone call without hesitation and let me bounce ideas off of him until I was absolutely comfortable with everything. If you're hiring a DJ for your wedding, Yogi is the best you're going to get. Literally worth every penny. We couldn't be happier with his service.

Sent on 08/16/2018