Boston Party Machine Reviews

59 Reviews for Boston Party Machine

Boston Party Machine 1
Boston Party Machine 2

Kasey · Married on 09/22/2018

Absolutely hire Boston Party Machine for your wedding and you will have zero regrets! Rob was so incredibly easy to work with and was able to create our dream playlist with honestly minimal input from us (we didn't have many strong preferences but it all still came together perfectly). He was attentive and added things on to our package at affordable rates. We went with the six piece band and thought they were incredible, especially the female vocalist Lorenzee. We had so many guests rave about the band during and after the wedding. The whole place was chanting for an encore when they finished their last song, and they delivered to end the night spectacularly. Hiring BPM was one of the best decisions we made!

Susan · Married on 06/16/2018

They were amazing. They absolutely made the reception. Everyone was up dancing!

Caitlin · Married on 06/16/2018

Rob and Boston Party Machine were the perfect band for our wedding as they were able to cater the set list to our taste and the crowd. So many people commented on the music and how it kept the party going! Rob was very responsive and easy to work with throughout the process. It was an added bonus that they learned 5 songs for free, helping to make our first dance and father daughter more memorable. At the end of the night, the crowd was chanting for 'one more song' which made me realize again how wonderful a decision it was to have Boston Party Machine at our wedding!

Amanda · Married on 09/30/2017

These guys were great! Everyone at our wedding was on the dance floor at some point in the evening - others were on the dance floor the ENTIRE night (including myself). :-) Rob was very easy to work with - from payment to communications, and even learned a couple new songs to play during the reception. Better still, they all traveled down to Martha's Vineyard where our wedding was - and everything came together so wonderfully. Thanks BPM for making ours a night to remember!

Boston Party Machine 3
    Boston Party Machine 4

Cristina · Married on 09/16/2017

Rob and the rest of Boston Party Machine were amazing. Rob was very easy to work with and accommodating during the planning stages. Many people told us it was the most fun they had at a wedding and the music was a big factor in making it so much fun. We couldn't make it to see them live beforehand (though Rob offered) so we were a little nervous but they were amazing and exceeded all expectations. If you're considering Boston Party Machine for your wedding, look no further. You found a gem.

Doug · Married on 08/19/2017

What a show! There is no question that our wedding day was the best day of our life, and Boston Party Machine made the party unforgettable. These guys & gals are amazing musicians and performers. They kept the energy up and just fed off the energy they created. There were many reports from the guests of soreness the next day due to hyperdancing syndrome. Dancing was an all night event. Our first dance song was a request - and a tough one, but they nailed it. Working with Rob to iron out the details was great & streamlined. The right questions are asked to make sure they put together an amazing show tailored for you. It was a blast to rock out with these guys, and I'd do it again - maybe an anniversary! Go big with an 8pc band. You won't regret it. And don't even think about using just a DJ. Book BPM and get ready for one hell of a party.

Andrew · Married on 08/05/2017

The Boston Party Machine elevated our wedding reception from an elegant dinner to an energetic, brassy celebration. We had them play between dinner courses, and our guests forgot their food and bolted to the dance floor each and every time they heard a downbeat. Three months after our wedding, our guests are reeling about the band. The Boston Party Machine gave an excellent performance and were pleasant to work with. We enthusiastically recommend them for any event.

Ellen · Married on 07/01/2017

We certainly had a blast with this band! The dance floor was full all night and the room was full of great energy! We danced the night away to music we loved and were so happy to be able to request some new songs prior to our big day! Rob was awesome to work with and very flexible! Highly recommend

Sent on 07/12/2017

Boston Party Machine's reply:

Thanks so much Ellie. It was truly a special night, and you guys were so high energy!

Gunnar · Married on 06/17/2017

Booking Boston Party Machine was the greatest decision we made for our wedding. First of all, working with Rob is a pleasure. Through many interactions, he was always great and made us feel confident about how our party would turn out. The weather was iffy on the big day, but once the rain stopped the band quickly set up their sound equipment in damp grass and the guitarist, Caio, played incredibly well throughout the ceremony. His renditions gave an extra level of beauty to the ceremony. Then we moved to the cocktail hour, and the keyboardist set the mood perfectly. At this point we all knew we were in for a treat later that evening. Sure enough, as dinner wrapped up, BPM started the performance by crushing our first dance, which was one of five(!) custom songs they learned for us. After that, they upped the tempo and nailed “You Can Call Me Al” by Paul Simon, and the dance floor was immediately packed, and remained that way for the rest of the night. They seamlessly played everything from the Beatles and Ella Fitzgerald, to Black Sabbath and Prince, with incredible energy and technical prowess. The vocals from Lorenzee and Marco were always dead-on, and the drums, guitar, bass, keyboard and horns were all spectacular—there were no weaknesses. Guests were blown away and constantly came up to us yelling “what a band!” while jumping around the dance floor. Their set list was an amazingly diverse combination of songs that pleased everyone while keeping the dancing to a maximum. We used to think “Shout” by The Isley Brothers was a bit cliché and that we might not want it at our wedding—boy were we wrong. When you have a band like BPM, it’s a whole different experience and the energy and harmony they bring to the performance is hard to describe (I think their recordings don’t do their live show justice—their live sound is incredible). Our friends and family still rave to us about our wedding and what they mention most, by far, is the band. If you have the opportunity

Erika · Married on 06/03/2017

WE HAD NOT ONE HESITATION FROM THE FIRST TIME WE HEARD THEM, THEY ARE UNBELIEVEABLE! - My now husband and I met on the dance floor at a wedding where Boston Party Machine was playing. Fast forward to three years later and we had not one hesitation about selecting them for our wedding band (which in our opinion was one of the most important aspects of our reception). From the start working with Rob was such a pleasure and an easy process. Among other aspects he really listened to us when it came to genre/song selections. We were adamant that we wanted people on the dance floor having a blast the entire night, and let me tell you, they did not disappoint! Guests loved the wide variety of genres played and everyone had an amazing time! Boston Party Machine was definitely one of the highlights of our reception! If you’re looking for a professional, organized band with great energy – they’re it!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Boston Party Machine's reply:

Thanks you so much Erika! It was so special for me to know that you met at a wedding we played, and then to get the chance to rock out with you guys at your own wedding. It doesn't get better than that!

Victoria · Married on 05/27/2017

I am not exaggerating when I say I danced my bridal updo off to the Boston Party Machine! In the months since the wedding, we have had guests rave about how it was the best party they ever attended because of the band. Not only did they do a perfect job learning and adapting our first dance/parent dance songs, but they designed a custom playlist based on our specific musical tastes that made our night a total blast. We opted for the jazz quartet for our cocktail hour which was a huge hit, and then the 11 piece band for the reception. It was a dream come true. People said they would pay for TICKETS to see the Boston Party Machine perform again! Rob was extremely professional and easy to work with. The sound the band generated was phenomenal, and many of the members are professional musicians. We have recommended BPM to all of our friends getting married in Boston, and we are so happy that we found them!

Boston Party Machine played our wedding 10/8/16 and we couldn't have been happier with them. We were looking for a wide range of music , who could entertain during dinner and then get the dance party going after. They had a great feel for the crowd and played songs that all ages of our guests enjoyed. Rob was great to deal with and way less pushy/controlling than a lot of other bands I contacted. From 2 quick phone calls and one short survey he was able to build just about the perfect setlist and then they delivered! Would recommend to anyone as they really nailed what we wanted but also appeared to be very diverse in what they could offer.

Allison · Married on 09/24/2016

Rob and the BPM crew were great. From the start, Rob was very responsive with emails. Since we were not local, he arranged a phone call to go over details and talk about our music tastes. About 2 months out, he sent us a survey to fill out about our musical preferences and any special songs that we wanted the band to learn (they will learn 5 for free). Every detail that we wanted was accommodated. And then came the big day. These guys are all pros. We had a solo guitar for our ceremony - he had great range and played both classical songs and covers of pop songs. We had a jazz trio for our cocktail hour, which provided a great ambiance. The full band including the horn section played for the dinner and dancing. All of our guests kept telling us how great they were. As a former amateur musician, I couldn't agree more. The band was tight, and they came up with a great set list that kept people on the dance floor all night. We were a little nervous going in because we'd never seen them live before, but we are so happy with how everything turned out. It was exactly what we imagined. Highly recommend BPM!

Mark · Married on 09/17/2016

All of our guests were thrilled once they walked into our reception and saw that we chose to have a band (and that was before Boston Party Machine even started playing). Once the reception began, my wife and I could not have been happier with how well the band complemented the celebration. Our wedding was in September and people are still talking about how much fun they had dancing and singing along. The vocalists and instrumentalists were extremely professional, and lovely to work with during the 'big day.' Thank you for helping to make our day so special and memorable!!

Ashley · Married on 09/10/2016

Rob and the band were amazing! They made our day special and had everyone dancing from the get go. They were able to accommodate our mixed musical interests and even learned a song in polish. Great band!

Caitlin · Married on 07/30/2016

We could not have asked for a better band for our big day. The musicians are SO talented, everyone was friendly and upbeat, and we have had guests coming up to us ever since telling us how blown away they were by the music and energy. Some people have even said BPM made our wedding the best they've been to.

Aside from their great performance and showmanship, they were also fairly priced and easy to work with. Rob is friendly and you can tell he really cares about making sure each couple has the best possible experience. He worked with us to come up with a set list that would please both our younger, "party-type" guests and our older, more traditional guests. He also contacted my wedding coordinator directly with his more technical questions, saving me from having to act as a middle man - which, as a frazzled, busy bride, I really appreciated.

I honestly cannot say enough good things about BPM. If you're on the fence about booking them, just do it. You won't regret it and they're worth every penny.

Kate · Married on 07/09/2016

Boston Party Machine was a huge, huge hit at our wedding! I cannot tell you how many people came up to me both during the wedding and afterwards raving about how talented and fun the band was (still getting comments 3 months later). We were planning our MA wedding from NY, so we didn't get to hear any bands live. But speaking to Rob Caplin really made it an easy decision to book them - he was so easygoing and awesome to talk to. BPM was high energy and really engaged the crowd. They played the perfect mix of music based on our preferences - we gave a few selections and Rob chose the rest. Our guests couldn't stop dancing and neither could I! It was one crowdpleaser after another. Rob was also very easy to work with and helped the whole night run smoothly - we had some logistical matters to think about with the outdoor cocktail hour and having our dance floor in an adjoining tent separate from where the dining tables were. But Rob connected with our catering coordinator directly and made it seem like they play there all the time! We were also super happy to have had the sax and trumpet players - they really enhanced the overall sound of the band. All in all, we could not have asked for more. Thanks BPM!!!!

Jaclyn · Married on 06/18/2016

Book this band!!

Having a band instead of a DJ at our wedding was something I had really wanted. I was unsure if we would be able to afford one, and if we found a band within our budget, would they be any good? Boston Party Machine was not only able to work within our budget, but was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Rob, the band leader was always accommodating when I had a question or needed a suggestion. The DAY BEFORE my WEDDING I was still undecided if I would do any type of "father-daughter" dance as my Dad had passed away a few years prior and I could not come up with a song. Rob had a call with me and gave me song suggestions/choices I could use- I took Robs song suggestion and danced with several of my uncles and grandfather for an unforgettable dance- it turned into one of the most special parts of the day!

Okay now for the rest of the night- honestly AMAZING. They took our vision of the type of music we wanted to hear and made it a reality. I had wanted a band- check, within a certain price range-check and most importantly I wanted people on the dance floor all night long- CHECK!! They absolutely crushed it ALL NIGHT LONG!! Everyone at our wedding was on the dance floor and EVERYONE was raving about how amazing the band was. I think they played at least two encores, but who can keep track because the crowd just kept chanting for more! If having amazing musicians creating the perfect atmosphere on the dance floor for your wedding is important to you, then HIRE BOSTON PARTY MACHINE! Our wedding on June 18 would not have been the same without them and if I could do it all over, I would hire them again!

Joanna · Married on 04/16/2016

We hired Boston Party Machine for our annual fundraising gala in the spring of 2016. They were a hit! Rob was super easy to work with, and they did a great job performing for a lively audience. We would definitely hire them again!

Donna · Married on 10/04/2015

Boston Party Machine was the hit of our wedding! Everyone commented how awesome the band was, especially the lead singer. They sang a variety of songs from Motown to Bruno Mars' "Uptown Funk." The dance floor was never empty. Rob created an amazing set list for our wedding and kept us up-to-date throughout the entire planning process. He ensured everything ran smoothly. We loved partying with them. Definitely book BPM for your next wedding, they will not disappoint!

I just hired Boston Party Machine to play at a gala event for Harvard Business School and I very highly recommend this band. Two weeks later, we are still receiving feedback from alumni who said that the band made the evening so entertaining and special. The group arrived on time (maybe early!?) and they were professional and very easy to work with during the planning and onsite. They read the crowd perfectly and kicked the music up a notch at just the right point in the evening. The musicians are absolutely phenomenal and EVERY song they played was everyone’s favorite song of the night. Their pricing is reasonable. Their band leader, Rob, was fun and funny and I look forward to working with them again as soon as possible.

In addition to the band, we also hired an instrumental quartet for another event on the same night. Similarly, that group was professional and played exquisitely. THANK YOU, Rob and team, for being such an incredible event partner.

David · Married on 09/12/2015

Boston Party Machine was absolutely phenomenal at our wedding this September!! They kept the dance party rocking from start to finish, with crowd pleasers from a variety of genres that our guests absolutely loved. The singers' voices are incredible, and the whole bands energy and talent took over the room. After the wedding, our guests could not stop talking about how amazing this band was!! They absolutely crushed it!!

Additionally, Rob and his crew were a pleasure to work with. We had a small venue with limited space, but they were incredibly flexible and made the space they had to work with work out perfectly. They accommodated all our requests, and learned serval new songs for us for formal dances, and did a phenomenal job with all of them. A wonderful experience all around.

We would recommend them without any hesitation to anyone who wants a phenomenal wedding music experience!

Emily · Married on 08/30/2015

My husband and I booked the band for our late August wedding this year. All I can say is the band was amazing. They had such great energy, so genuine, and kept our guest dancing all night. Rob was fantastic to communicate with, organized and just an overall pleasure. My husband and I highly recommend The Boston Party machine for any event. If you have the funds make sure you book the horn section as well they were fantastic. Vocals- words cannot express how amazing the two vocalist sounded.

Wow! First off, Rob was extremely professional, responsive, and easy to work with throughout the entire process. We shopped around across various bands before we landed with Boston Party Machine and Rob's demeanor and professionalism was easily top-tier and made us very comfortable to work with him. This is a small detail, but an important one many bands seem to miss.

As for the band itself, they were incredible and played all the songs we requested and then created a playlist for everything else in between according to our tastes. It is true what you read in these reviews -- they kept everyone dancing literally the entire night (even just before dinner-service, before the true party got started -- that's how I knew these guys were good). Their sound is authentic and full. We had them learn a song for our first dance and we were unsure how it would sound compared to the original -- they knocked it out of the park. We received many compliments from our guests regarding the ban. They brought the energy level of the reception up to a level we couldn't have imagined. And to think we debated in the early-stages whether having a band was the right move...if you're thinking of a band, period, you're going to have a really amazing event with Boston Party Machine. Can't recommend them enough. They know exactly what they're doing.

The Boston Party Machine recently performed at my daughter's wedding at the Basin Harbor Club in Vergennes, VT. They absolutely made a party of the wedding reception. Everyone was up on the dance floor, many for the entire evening. Afterwards a number of people came up to me and said "I understand that you found this band; they were GREAT".