Boston Common Entertainment Band + DJ Combos Reviews

Boston Common Entertainment Band + DJ Combos 4
Boston Common Entertainment Band + DJ Combos 5

Tanya · Married on 10/20/2018

Worth every penny!

Absolutely phenomenal. They kept our entire room dancing ALL night! No exaggeration. Josh was our DJ and he was great to work with. The days leading up he called and went over everything making us feel comfortable and the night of the wedding it was better than we could have imagined. They are expensive but worth every penny!

Denise E · Married on 10/12/2018

Very talented, entertaining wedding band!

The Boston Common Band is amazing! They were one of the first vendors we secured for our wedding in October. They catered so well to the diverse age ranges of our guests, performing a mix of Motown and Pop hits. The band members are extremely talented. They learned and performed a song for our first dance. We received so many compliments from our guests about how impressed they were with the band. The band manager was also very professional and very easy to coordinate with throughout every step of the planning process. Highly recommend!

Kate · Married on 09/29/2018

AMAZING BAND - Do nothing else but hire them!!!!

They will truly blow you away!! My wedding was 6 weeks ago any my family and friends are STILL talking about them!!! They were better than any video you will ever see - full of amazing energy, engaging, fun, talented - the list goes on and on and on!!!

Boston Common Entertainment Band + DJ Combos 6
    Boston Common Entertainment Band + DJ Combos 7
    Boston Common Entertainment Band + DJ Combos 8
    Boston Common Entertainment Band + DJ Combos 9
    Boston Common Entertainment Band + DJ Combos 10

Anna · Married on 09/22/2018

We got married last weekend at Turner Hill and Boston Commons Band was our band. I don't have enough good things to say about them. From start to finish, they made our night amazing. Everyone was on the dance floor and the song choices were great - something for everyone!! My dad's friends were actually talking about flying them to South Carolina to play for their daughter's wedding.

DJ Josh Fields was also great to work with! He was fun, lively, and had careful attention to detail.

Thanks, guys, for making our wedding one for the books!!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Boston Common Entertainment Band + DJ Combos's reply:

Anna & Ken -- Congrats again!! You guys were AMAZING to party with and thank you for your very kind words! Couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. :)

PS -- Definitely hope to see you soon in South Carolina!!

Claire · Married on 06/30/2018

If I could give Boston Common 6 stars, I would! We absolutely loved our wedding, and Boston Common played a huge role. Guests are still raving about their performance weeks after the wedding. Through the planning process, we knew we were in good hands. We heard from the band leader, DJ, and manager regularly and they ensured that nothing fell through the cracks. We went into the day with a solid timeline, knowing that between DJ Rolling Rick and the band, the music at our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception would be exactly what we wanted. These guys exceeded all expectations!

Katie · Married on 06/23/2018

Park Street Band and DJ Nate were exactly what we were looking for when searching for our wedding band! We didn’t know a band/DJ combo existed; we took advantage of that package and we are so glad we did. DJ Nate was the perfect emcee for the evening. We don’t live in Boston anymore so we didn’t have a chance to hear them live before booking, but they absolutely exceeded our expectations! They are extremely thorough and easy to work with - we had a FaceTime session with DJ Nate where we just talked through the timeline together so we were all on the same page (he gave some great tips, too!). The online portal was simple to use and very useful if you want to request or deny certain songs. We chose to defer mainly to the band for song selection because we assumed that since they play every weekend that the band would know what songs to play and when to keep the party going! We assumed correctly; the energy was insane - I think everyone was on the dance floor the ENTIRE time. We also made a request towards the end of the wedding to have one of our guests sing Shout with the band and it capped off the night in the best way possible! Couldn’t recommend them more!

Melissa · Married on 04/28/2018

Words cannot describe how amazing The Boston Common Band was from day one of talking to them up to our wedding day! They were our first vendor we booked once we had our wedding date confirmed because we knew that we wanted a band and were ecstatic that they were available. We first saw The Boston Common Band at our friends’ wedding and LOVED them! Jonathan and Emily were so professional and very responsive throughout the whole process. We even became groupies going to see them play off-season at The Lansdowne Pub in Boston and at The Thirsty Moose in Porstmouth, NH. For our wedding day, they played jazz during our cocktail hour and then delivered an outstanding performance for our reception. Another amazing part was having DJ J Boogz working with them and us to create a great playlist of songs when the band was on break. They worked so well with our wedding coordinator at The Westin Copley Place and the uplighting looked fantastic in the ballroom. Their passion and energy shines through to each member of the band and we loved how they interacted with our wedding guests and us. Everyone at our wedding has been complimenting The Boston Common Band since our wedding this past April and we would highly recommend them to anyone that is thinking of having a band for their wedding. Thank you to all the members of The Boston Common Band and DJ J Boogz for giving my husband and I an unforgettable wedding reception!
    - Melissa & Tim

Lauren · Married on 04/21/2018

I wish I could give Boston Common Band 10 stars. They were absolutely incredible at our wedding!!! My husband and I saw them play at a local bar and knew we wanted them for our wedding. Josh and Jonathan were so helpful leading up to the wedding, answering all our questions and concerns. They were so organized and prompt with communication which I appreciated! The day of the wedding, they came with SO MUCH energy and literally kept people up dancing all night long. After the wedding, every single person we talked to said it was the BEST band they had ever seen at a wedding and we couldn't agree more!!

Tatum · Married on 02/24/2018

You only get married once. Don't mess this up. I'm sure there are other great bands/DJ's out there, but Boston Common Band was absolutely, undeniably the best decision we made in the wedding planning process. With almost zero input, BCB crafted the perfect set (and playlist) to keep our party going.

What you can't find anywhere else is this group's ENERGY. They had the party JUMPING the entire night. I looked up during the second to last song and the old folks -- who I thought would've been in bed hours before -- were still kicking it right next to the wedding party. Nails did. Hair did. Everything did. It was a night my husband and I will never forget, and our guest will never forget either! Immediately after, several months after, years and year after--we will continue talking about Boston Common's Band Performance.

Last thing: we also had the band play during our ceremony and cocktail hour....and every performance outdid the last. It was flawless. I couldn't pick a favorite part because it was all done beyond our requests. They may be pricey, all good bands are, but it's worth every last penny. I promise!

A · Married on 12/31/2017

Boston Common Band played for our New Year's Eve wedding and did an INCREDIBLE job. They had almost everybody dancing the entire night and we're still hearing guests rave about the music and the band's energy. Couldn't recommend Jonathan and the entire Boston Common Band enough. A must-hire band in Boston.

Sarah · Married on 10/14/2017

I wish I had more then 5 stars to say how amazing Boston Common was. They ABSOLUTELY KILLED IT playing at our wedding! One of the most popular pieces of feedback we've heard from our wedding, (including the hotel staff) was not only how professional Boston Common is, but how blown away everyone was with their set. From the beginning of our planning we were adamant a live band makes a party, and they certainly made ours! I remember one part of the night looking around to notice most of the wedding was on the dance floor, which is always a sign of a successful event in our book. I would hire Boston Common again in a heartbeat - they were an integral part of making our wedding such a success!

Jaclyn · Married on 09/29/2017

Soul Estate Band was everything we could've hoped for and then some. They were amazing and played the crowd so well - I can't tell you how many of our guests are still raving about the performance. They were incredibly professional and responsive throughout the entire process and I can't imagine our wedding without them!

• I

IRWIN · Married on 09/09/2017

CANNOT RATE. FIVE STARS IS NOT ENOUGH. BETTER THAN OUTSTANDING. MAKES ALL OTHER BANDS LOOK LIKE THEY'RE PLAYING KARAOKE. HIGHLY PROFESSIONAL BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER THE WEDDING. YOU BEGIN BY FEEDING OFF THEIR ENERGY AND THEY THEN FEED OFF YOURS. BRING THE RIGHT SHOES BECAUSE YOU WILL NEVER SIT DOWN. THEY JUST PLAYED MY DAUGHTER'S WEDDING. CANNOT STOP RAVING ABOUT THEM.

Brooke · Married on 09/09/2017

Do not look anywhere else for your perfect wedding band. Boston Common Band gave us the best experience any bride and groom could ask for. From setting me up with a string quartet (who btw played Beyoncé for my entrance) to gorgeous uplighting and then THE BAND! OMG THE BAND! The party was something no one will ever forget BOOK THEM THATS IT!

Kristen · Married on 09/03/2017

The Boston Common Band made our wedding absolutely incredible! From first encounters to planning process to the night of, this band did an exceptional job. Everyone at the wedding was raving about the music. If you are considering a band/DJ, look no further than the Boston Common Band!

Courtney · Married on 08/19/2017

Fantastic Performance,,, felt like a concert!

I cannot say enough great things about Boston Common Band. My husband and I got married in August of 2017 and this band/DJ combo was fantastic!! Jonathan, DJ Rolling Rick and the entire band were professional and extremely talented. From the planning process to the last song of the night, Boston Common Band did not disappoint. Our dance floor was packed the entire night! Our guests are still raving about our band over a year after our wedding! Don’t look any further, book Boston Common Band now!

Chelsea · Married on 08/05/2017

There are not enough good things to say about Boston Common Band. From the moment we first reached out communication was prompt and pleasant. Once we had our contract locked in Jonathan took the lead and set us up with an online portal to upload must play, try to play and do not play lists. They prepare a timeline, online form to fill out with all the little things that go on at a wedding that you would want music for, and they love what they do! Their library of songs reached every generation. They are on top of their stuff from start to finish and make sure you don't forget anything! The day of the wedding, they rocked the house. Our guests tell us all the time they loved the band the most and we were on the dance floor ourselves most of the night dancing away! They came off stage into the crowd with us and really made us feel like rockstars :) Hands down, they are the best decision we could have ever made when hiring a band for our wedding!!!

Alicia · Married on 07/21/2017

Booking the Boston Common Band was one of the best decisions I could have made when planning our wedding. Throughout the entire planning process they were so helpful through emails and facetiming. They consistently answered my questions in a timely manner and gave amazing input for the flow of the night. Their performance at my wedding exceeded all expectations! After the first song my guests were asking me where I found them and complementing the band. They learned our first dance song for us and did an unbelievable job. The band was so energetic and even danced and sang with my guests throughout the night. They brought the reception to life and everyone was dancing the entire night. I already have family members looking into booking them for their own wedding. I can't thank them enough!!

Jennifer · Married on 07/08/2017

We booked the Soul Estate Band (part of the Boston Common Band family) and they were absolutely wonderful. By booking them, we got a great band, along with a fantastic DJ to emcee the night and keep the music and party going when the band took a break. Soul Estate had everyone up and dancing the entire time, and kept the energy incredibly high. Multiple guests of our commented that they were one of the best wedding bands they'd ever heard. They also learned the specific song we wanted for our first dance - and made sure to play all of the other songs we specified that we really wanted to hear. They were definitely a huge part of what made our wedding so fantastic, and we'd happily recommend them to anyone.

Amanda · Married on 07/08/2017

Boston Common Band and ECF Entertainment recently performed at our wedding last month, and they are absolutely amazing! They were the first vendor that we chose, and we couldn't have been happier! Our guests loved them, the music selections were perfect, and everyone had so much fun! They were great to work with through the planning process, working with a family member on the ceremony music, they performed jazz music at the cocktail hour which was a hit, the up-lighting was perfect, and music at the reception was the best! They were true professionals, and we had so much fun with them, we can't thank them enough for such a great party!! We highly recommend them to all couples! Your guests will be talking about them long after the wedding is over!!

• Julie G

Julie · Married on 06/09/2017

Book this band. Right now.

Seriously, this is the best wedding band in New England. Our guests have not stopped talking about the music at our wedding. The dance floor was packed the entire night. They were SO MUCH FUN!

Leading up to the wedding, their organization, professionalism, and expertise was invaluable. They clearly know what works best, but were open to our specifications and requests. From start to finish (and beyond, because our guests demanded an encore!) these guys were the very best. Worth every penny!

Alanna · Married on 06/03/2017

Boston Common Band and DJ were AMAZING. They made our night an unforgettable party and people could not stop raving about how amazing they were. From the moment we started working with them they were professional, knowledgeable and easy to work with. Both of our families love a good dance party and they did not disappoint. I even had a family friend who has been in the event services field for 25+ years say that it was the best band she had ever heard. Thank you so much!

David · Married on 04/22/2017

BCB played my wedding on April 22 and was unbelievable. Start to finish they killed it in every way and were very professional and accomodating to our music requests, which we had quite a few of. I should add that I'm a berklee grad and there were a lot of other working musicians in attendance and we were all blown away and couldn't stop talking about how good of a show BCB put on; it truly put the wedding on a different level. THANK YOU!

Veronica · Married on 11/05/2016

Could it get any better than these guys? I mean SERIOUSLY!! I asked for a dance party, and I received the BIGGEST, FUNNEST and most rock star dance party of my life.. On the biggest day of my life! My wedding was a HIT thanks to these guys. There wasn't a minute that went by without that dance floor flooded with guests. Its been over 3 weeks now and people are still talking about how amazing it was, and i KNOW the entertainment was one of the biggest highlights. Working with them was a dream. The entire band, and DJ were extremely professional and worked with me throughout the planning to ensure a smooth process. They knew we were looking for a good time, and came to bring one! They were always available to talk leading up to the big day, and never were hesitant to respond to any of my emails! Great organization and communication skills across the board. I could never imagine a party without them! My word of advice to you all is book them now, these guys are going to make your night one to remember.. not only because there awesome, but because your guests wont be able to stop talking about them!!

Kevin · Married on 10/29/2016

Boston Common Band & DJ Shyne ABSOLUTELY killed it and wish I could give more stars! My wife Jen and I got married 10/29/16 at Saltwater Farm Vineyard and couldn't have had a more perfect wedding. All night long our guests were coming up to us commenting on how amazing the band was and if we could give them their information. Everyone was out on the dance floor all night having an absolute blast - the band and DJ really made our night so special! Jonathan, Jeff and the rest of the band were so pleasant and easy to work with throughout our planning process and on the big day. Their attention to detail was second to none and they made it their priority to make sure we all were having fun. BCB also learned our first dance and, oh my god, did they crush it - Jen and I were truly blown away. Can't recommend these guys enough - definitely use them!!!