12 Reviews for Borrowing Magnolia

Bride (2)
Rentals (1)
Bridal Gowns (1)

I had a fantastic time at the Warehouse Sale, and am absolutely thrilled about my dress. The Borrowing Magnolia team truly went above and beyond to help me find the perfect dress, and I'd recommend them in a heartbeat. They took such a personalized approach to the shopping process and helped me find my dream gown!!!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Sheena, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

The Warehouse Sale made shopping for my wedding dress so much easier than I was anticipating! It was so great having dresses already picked out for me with my price range and style preferences in mind. All the stylists were so sweet! Special thanks to Cali for helping me find my perfect wedding dress! I could not have asked for a better dress buying experience!

Profile Picture Danielle, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Although I did not end up wearing any of their dresses for the wedding, the try-on service turned out to be very helpful. I decided to use their service only a couple of weeks before the wedding. They really went out of their way to accommodate my specific needs.

Profile Picture Dylan, 10/1/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Bride

Thanks to Borrowing Magnolia, I found a gorgeous dress at an amazing price. I ordered my dress through their home try on program, which lets you try on dresses for a reasonable price and return them if you don't find the one for you. The process was so easy and stress-free, thanks to Maggie, who was quick to answer any questions I had. I would absolutely recommend Borrowing Magnolia to any brides looking to find a beautiful dress without the high price tag.

Profile Picture User6814185, Recently Married, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

The BEST shopping experience I have ever had! All the staff were so friendly and worked well as a team to find my perfect dress. They made me feel special about my special day, and they were just as excited as me when I finally said "yes!" to the dress! Everything they showed me was in my budget to either rent or buy, so I wouldn't fall in love with something that I knew I couldn't afford. I was able to buy my dress, and walked out of the warehouse with it THAT day! Would definitely recommend Borrowing Magnolia to any bride to be!

Profile Picture Rachel, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

This was by far the best decision I ever made. They were so sweet, accommodating, and understanding. Even though I left without my dress of my dreams (mother did not love it like I did), they handled the entire situation with such class and grace. Olive made me feel so special and picked out dresses for me that I never would have thought to try on but LOVED when I did. They have such an unique collection of wedding dresses to meet everyone's needs.

Profile Picture Susanna, 4/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I'm obsessed with Borrowing Magnolia! They helped me every step of the way to find my dream dress - it is stunning and was incredibly affordable. I would never have thought I could find a dress this amazing. I cannot wait to walk down the aisle and dance the night away in this gorgeous gown. Thank you thank you thank you Borrowing Magnolia and your wonderful team of stylists.

Profile Picture User7778141, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I recently borrowed my wedding gown from BM and cannot say enough positive things about my experience with the team there. First, the dress was gorgeous and fit like a glove! Each and every person I interacted with at BM was friendly and knowledgeable. You can tell their enthusiasm is sincere. I had no desire (or space) to keep a dress after the wedding so the arrangement worked out perfectly. I absolutely recommend Borrowing Magnolia if you want an affordable and fashionable alternative to purchasing your wedding gown!

Profile Picture Eirika, 2/11/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Renting from Borrowing Magnolia has been a really neat experience, and I didn't realize how much of a financial relief it would be to have spent so little on my wedding dress! Honestly, it was a huge relief just to have some extra wiggle room in the rest of our budget. The BMag staff was super helpful and friendly- I've already recommended a few friends.

Profile Picture User7806079, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Update: Within an hour of posting the review (see following paragraphs) the new owner reached out and offered to have a phone call with me. At the conclusion of the call, we have a plan in place to work to repair the dress at no cost to me and Tim, the new owner, is working hard to make things like this right with former customers. Given how responsive and flexible and curious he is, I changed the star rating and see a much more hopeful future for BM than previously expressed.

I plan to update this review with the rest of the story, but think it is worth sharing at this point anyway. I can't speak to the experience of renting / buying from BM. However, I rented my dress through them for a year, not wanting to permanently part with the dress. Afterwards, my dress was returned to me torn at the neckline and dirty along a temporary hem line (photos). They claim to have in-house dry cleaners and tailors, so this should *not* have happened. The contract outlines expecting "normal wear and tear" which is open to interpretation, I suppose, but this type of damage was repairable, given their resources, and therefore this situation was avoidable.

They have agreed to reimburse me for cleaning costs and the year's membership fee at this point, and negotiations are underway regarding the tears. The chores of getting the dress cleaned and repaired should not have been mine, and financial reimbursement is nice but I will never get this time back.

Previously, when they had my dress, Maggie responded more quickly. Now I have to send more than one email to her, their general mailbox, and/or wait up to a few *weeks* before she responds.

I really want this company to do well because I think it's a GREAT idea... but they're falling very short on multiple levels at this point.

Profile Picture Jacquelyn, 7/16/16, 1 Review
3.7

Updated review: Borrowing Magnolia recently changed ownership. The new owner called me personally to apologize for my experience and ended up refunding me everything I had paid over the year my dress was with Borrowing Magnolia. The new owner seems to be working very diligently to turn wrongs right and make Borrowing Magnolia the experience it should be.

Original Review: Do not I repeat DO NOT send your dress to borrowing magnolia. The customer service is HORRIBLE. I sent my dress in early October of 2016, and emailed them the end of November to ensure it was received - I didn't hear back until the end of Jan 2017 that they had my dress and it was posted online. So there is nearly 3 months my dress didn't get any views that I paid for. Every time I emailed Maggie about my dress, it would take her 3-5 days to respond. My membership renewed with no documentation of the transaction. early November 2017, I asked for my membership to be canceled and for my dress to be shipped back. Over 1 month later, I received nothing. I emailed asking where my dress was, expressing my dissatisfaction with the customer service and asked for them to call me to discuss. no reply. just a robotic email confirming my membership had been cancelled and a tracking number for my dress. No apology, no real response from any real person. Seeing as customers like me are the reason they even have a business, I am shocked at the attitude I ran into. My dress arrives today, Here's hoping it wasn't damaged, as it was never rented (of which I don't hold Borrowing Magnolia accountable for).

Profile Picture kara, 10/17/15, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Rentals, Bride

My review has been edited because the problems I had with the company have been resolved. The owner, Tim, contacted me directly and formally apologized and has made generous efforts to make sure that I am happy and that the company can learn from the situation to make things better for the future. My dress was with the company for nearly four years and was returned to me in the same condition it left in. Very pleased.

Profile Picture Melanie, 8/15/09, 1 Review