63 Reviews for Bollywood Bistro

Premium Liquor (2)
Specialty Wine (2)
Vegan (1)
62 Bollywood Bistro Reviews

Bollywood Bistro was an absolute pleasure to work with for my wedding. They were attentive, flexible, and really made the whole experience come together. All our guests raved about the food throughout our 3-day event and we couldn't be happier with their service!

Profile Picture Preet, 7/28/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Bollywood Bistro catered our June 2018 wedding in Orange, VA. They were SPECTACULAR. Pankaj and his team were incredibly flexible - accomodating our every request and even accomodating some month-before changes/requests. The wedding was outdoor, and Pankaj and his team had to be prepared to deliver come rain or shine. It's not an understatement to say that the highlight of our wedding, for our guests, was the food. From the snacks provided during the ceremony, to the DELICIOUS appetizers at cocktail hour, to the scrumptious dinner buffet - everyone loved every single piece of it. We also had Pankaj's team procure the non-alcoholic beverages for our event. The day turned out to be hotter than expected and his team was on top of everything - even driving into town to make sure they had enough water for the guests. Seriously cannot reccommend this caterer enough. Lastly, our wedding guests were a mix of Indians and non-Indians and the food was loved by one and all. Thanks for a fantastic experience, Pankaj & team!

Profile Picture Ruchi, 6/16/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Bollywood Bistro catered our September 2017 Indian fusion wedding. We went with Pankaj and his team because they came highly recommended and we were not disappointed. The food was fantastic! We received SO many compliments on the food from both our Indian and non-Indian guests. Several of our Indian guests told us how they’ve been to many Indian weddings and the food at our wedding was by far the best. Pankaj and his staff also worked with the hotel to set aside food for us during the cocktail hour and serve us dinner at the reception so we actually got to eat at our wedding and taste all the fantastic food ourselves! Before the wedding, it was sometimes a little stressful working with Pankaj because he was so busy. We had a long wait to be seated at the tasting with our parents, but when we were seated, the pre-ordered menu items came out promptly. Email responses were prompt but short so sometimes I needed to call. He was late for the hotel walk-through, but apologized and immediately came as soon as he could. At the end of the day, we have no regrets because Pankaj and his team delivered top-notch service and food on the wedding day. We would highly recommend Bollywood Bistro for catering.

Profile Picture Anita, 9/9/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Indian, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres

Pankaj, his son, and his team made our wedding incredible! My wife and I come from different parts of India and the team was so willing to cater to both styles of food in an authentic way. To this day (9 months later) our family and friends still talk about how incredible the food was. In addition to the seamless catering on the days of the wedding, Pankaj was incredibly responsive and willing to work with us as we led up to the wedding. We lucked out by finding this team because we found them somewhat last minute, but we would without hesitation recommend them for any of our friends' future weddings.

Thank you Pankaj and team!

Profile Picture Sherene, 9/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegetarian, Indian, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations

Pankaj Uncle and the whole entire Bollywood Bistro team were INCREDIBLE at my wedding this past weekend! He is the preferred caterer for Castle Hill Cider and I can definitely see why. He has worked with my family for over a year with multiple tastings, meetings, venue visits, emails and phone calls. The service is amazing. They provided us with beautiful linens, china, barware, equipment, THE WORKS! The food at our wedding was OUTSTANDING. I'm pretty sure all of the food at the cocktail hour and reception was completely finished. The live stations at the sangeet were such a hit. They say that you usually don't get a chance to eat at your wedding, but I made it a point to eat the delicious food at every one of my events! I am getting so many rave review for the food. I am recommending Bollywood Bistro to all my friends and I plan to stay a patron of theirs for a very very long time.

Profile Picture Chandni, 6/3/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Indian, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, Vegetarian, Champagne Toast

Pankaj and his team did an excellent job with my two wedding events!! He was so professional to work with and was so easy to communicate with. They provided a totally unique and customized menu for my first event which recieved SO MANY compliments. People were raving about the food. For the wedding, the cocktail hour and reception wedding food was also incredible. They even packed all the leftover food for us. The catering staff was very friendly and professional as well. I cannot say enough good things about their catering service and quality. I highly recommend Bollywood Bistro!!!

Profile Picture Kalyani, 10/8/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

If you select Bollywood Bistro as your wedding or event caterer, you are selecting a phenomenal and top-notch team. Bollywood has hands-down the best staff, service, incredible food, and creative presentation. They are extremely responsive, pay close attention to detail and are notably professional in everything they do. My husband and I are DC area photographers, so you can imagine when we selected our caterer we had high expectations & visions for our wedding at the Torpedo Factory in Alexandria, VA. Pankaj and his team went beyond our expectations on our wedding day in every way imaginable. It is hard to put into words what it was like to see our venue set up, decorated, filled with food, catering staff, bartenders, and then there was Pankaj himself. He knew we were excited about having dosa, and he brought us some before the festivities began. Oh my! The food! The food was just incredible. We had live stations, stationed and passed dishes. The guests were so impressed. My Indian family loved it, and our family & friends that don't have Indian food often or ever were so impressed at all the options and at how tasty it was! It was presented artistically, and uniquely, and we remember walking by thinking wow... It is beautiful! Leading up to the wedding, Pankaj met with us often to decide on the menu and logistics. I brought my family to his restaurant, and we visited his other restaurant location in Great Falls. Every time we were impressed at his professionalism, and of course the food was to die for. Our wedding guests were from different backgrounds it was important that the food was not too spicy. It was just perfect, savory, and delicious. Pankaj brought his team with him to two meetings with us at our venue. We were so impressed he came the 2nd time, as it was not necessary. Bollywood is committed to your event and dedicated to making everything perfect. We could say so much more. Bollywood Bistro gets our absolute highest recommendation.

Profile Picture Tara, 7/9/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Indian, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Premium Liquor, Specialty Wine, No Pork, Vegan, Vegetarian, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations

It is a privilege to work with people like Kartik Sharma. Thorough professional, incredibly responsive and a great problem solver, in addition to the amazing Indian food. The food was definitely very good, but Kartik’s attention to detail in making sure he had what he needed to do a great job was phenomenal. He came to the venue twice, spent time talking with the chef’s and coordinators, brought a lot of the equipment not provided - he made sure he had everything to deliver high quality food - a man who clearly takes pride in his work. We had a minor snafu with not being able to bring a propane tank into the venue and Kartik solved for it by bringing an electric griddle (for dosas). The food was great - the appetizers were beautifully served, and our eclectic mixture of Colombian and Indian guests really enjoyed the food. We asked him to make the food (fully indian menu) mildly spiced and Kartik delivered.

If you need to cater Indian food - go to Bollywood Bistro. Highly highly recommended.

Profile Picture CLARA, 6/19/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Everyone commented on how good the food was at our wedding! Two of our four appetizers were completely out because people kept piling them on. From beginning to end, Pankaj and his staff were very attentive and took care of everything including clean up! The presentation was excellent and he tried to cook a lot of things on site (some venues may not allow this). Prior to the event, Pankaj was highly responsive and accommodated any request we had. It's safe to say we will use him and Bollywood Bistro for any future catering needs!

Profile Picture Sukriti, 4/22/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Indian, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, Champagne Toast, Vegetarian

I could say so many things, but I will keep it short and sweet. They were amazing! Their food is delicious. They are absolutely amazing to work with. Professional, flexible, punctual, very reasonably priced, and delicious. There is nothing else I could have wanted. You want your guests to be amazed by the food and ours certainly were!

Profile Picture Natalie, 4/2/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Indian

Bollywood Bistro catered our wedding snack break, cocktail hour, and reception (contracted through Gala Cuisine at Foxchase Manor). Mr. Pankaj Sharma was a pleasure to work with - very responsive, helpful, and professional throughout the planning process. The food itself was FANTASTIC. Every single guest we talked to, both Indian and non-Indian, told us how delicious the food was and how they went back multiple times to get more, and many told us it was by far the best wedding food they'd ever had. It's a real testament to the care and passion that Mr. Sharma and his team put into the food they serve. In addition, Mr. Sharma made a point to find me (the bride) and bring me some snacks to ensure I ate something during the day.

We would strongly recommend Bollywood Bistro - the quality of food and service is truly outstanding, and we look forward to working with Mr. Sharma and his team to cater future events.

Profile Picture User5604195, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Indian, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, No Pork, Vegetarian

I am not sure where to begin because Mr. Pankaj Sharma really made our wedding very special and one to remember. We received so many and I mean so many compliments about the food! In fact, I received personal messages asking where we had the catering one from because they wanted to cater from them for their events. He was so easy to work with! The food was absolutely delicous and what was even better was his service and the service from his staff. We catered from Bollywood Bistro for our Sangeet, Wedding and Reception and I cannot give you one complaint. Mr. Pankaj Sharma was always present making sure everything was out and warm and fresh. The communication was a breeze! Thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts! We will defnitely be referring others your way!

Profile Picture Gurleen, 9/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

The quality of food was amazing. Our guests loved it all and wanted more after the wedding. The service was perfect - no complaints. Pankaj and his staff was great to work with.

Profile Picture User5439119, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Stations, Indian, Vegetarian, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Premium Liquor, Specialty Wine

The food was amazing! Their team was great to work with - did an amazing job with set up and everything! Our guests raved about the food for days after the wedding.

Profile Picture User4890725, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

We had an excellent overall experience with Bollywood Bistro. Mr. Pankaj Sharma was very receptive to tailoring the menu to our specifications. During the tasting, we had requests on the way certain things were made (i.e. spice level, salt level) and most of those were honored. The food is delicious and all of our guests enjoyed the dishes on our garba night, wedding ceremony, and reception. We had a variety of Indian/Indo-Chinese street food at the garba, traditional Gujarati lunch, and typical North Indian food at the reception. The spice level and flavor were good. Mr. Sharma came in to check on all events and confirmed that everything was to our expectations. The only reason we took off half a star is that we did receive a few complaints from guests that the food was not replenished as efficiently at times and certain things weren’t quite as fresh later in the evening. Overall, we would definitely recommend Bollywood Bistro.

Profile Picture Nila, 7/25/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

We tasted Bollywood Bistro for the first time at a wedding expo and immediately went to the restaurant for lunch to sample some more items. We ended up liking what we tried so we came back for an official tasting and Pankaj was so accommodating. He asked to select some items (i think we picked 7) and he had them all ready for us to taste. We liked the food so much we also booked him to cater our lunch event following the ceremony as well as the reception dinner. Pankaj did a great job with the food and offering suggestions for items.

We had some live stations at the cocktail hour, specifically the Gobi Manchurian, which is probably the best thing we've ever eaten. All of our guests agreed and were walking through the cocktail area with heaping platefuls of it! Also recommend the Paneer Shaslik - perfect setup on a grill cooked hot. The display was beautiful as well. Dinner was delicious, with lots of flavor and color and just the right amount of heat. Pankaj was very helpful in selecting the menu as well, offering suggestions and ensuring we had the right color display with the items we selected. He also provided two types of salad which were very popular with the guests!

Pankaj provides end-to-end catering. we used him for linens, service staff, bartenders, china, etc. His bartenders were competent, courteous, and poured drinks liberally which I know our guests appreciated.

The food was really awesome. we know that when people go to indian weddings they only talk about two things afterwards: 1) who is next to get married and 2) what was the food like? we are glad to say that nobody left our wedding wishing they hadn't come hungry. Bollywood Bistro is simply great and you can't go wrong with Pankaj!

Profile Picture Niraj, 7/11/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Party Supplies

Pankaj is phenomenal-he made sure our event went off without a hitch and he is such a pleasure to work it! Can't wait to work with him again!

Profile Picture Ranju, 5/16/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Pankaj Sharma is the most reliable vendor I have ever worked with. His team is extremely professional and the food quality is amazing!

Profile Picture User5182883, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

It was a great experience. All guests loved food and praised it a lot. They were professional and I'll recommend them in future.

Profile Picture Anju, 4/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We have ordered Indian food from Bollywood Bistro for events at our community center in Boyds, MD. They have been extremely professional, helpful and are easy to reach and communicate with. The food has been delivered to our doorstep in time and is always delicious and of good quality. Our events usually consist of 200 people, of varying ethnicity which means they have differing tolerance to spice and varying preference in taste. Despite that, we have received only compliments for the food ordered from Bollywood Bistro. We are very happy that Bollywood Bistro caters outside of VA too and we hope to have a long relationship with them.

Profile Picture User5090801, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Bollywood Bistro catered our December 2014 wedding. Pankaj was incredibly professional, communicative, and helpful during the planning process. On the day of our wedding, the food was abundant and delicious and service was outstanding. Multiple wedding guests told us that Bollywood Bistro provided the best wedding dinner they had ever had. Local friends and family have since visited the restaurant; some are interested in having Bollywood Bistro cater for their future events.

Profile Picture User4741068, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

It was a pleasure working with Mr. Sharma for my wedding. He was very responsive and open to ideas and suggestions. We even visited his restaurant for a tasting which sold us. At the last minute I had to make some changes and he was able to accommodate them. I would certainly recommend anyone to him and his restaurant. Thank you Mr. Sharma for making our event wonderful.

Profile Picture User4622123, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Bollywood Bistro, and Mr Sharma in particular, were excellent to work with. From the get go, they were reasonable with their prices, flexible to our menu, and in our initial tasting, created some dishes which we enjoyed. Through the planning process, they were very professional - working with us on menu, working directly with the hotel, and keeping us appraised along the way. Also, unlike some vendors, they were very open and honest on cost, and did not try to tack additional charges on at any point. I felt they were quite honest throughout and on the day of, they delivered an excellent product to us.

I gave them 4.5 on service, as one of the dishes were a bit slow to be refilled (although not sure if that was their staff or the hotel).

Overall, I highly recommend them, and would use them again in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Amanta, 10/18/14, 2 Reviews
4.7

Bollywood Bistro was the caterer for my brother's wedding. The food was fabulous!! Pankaj was there to make sure everything was set up perfectly and it was. The food was amazing and I am still getting compliments on how yummy everything was. Everything tasted amazing, as if we were actually at the restaurant, which is hard to find with caterers most days, but not BB. I will certainly use Pankaj and Bollywood Bistro in the future for my events.

Profile Picture Esha, 10/13/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

I have had the opportunity to work with Pankaj at Bollywood Bistro numerous times. He is professional, extremely responsive and will work with you to create the perfect menu for your event. He and his team have a delicious product, and they know what they are doing. They are a pleasure to work with and I will continue to work with them in the future and I will gladly recommend Bollywood Bistro to anyone that is inquiring.

Profile Picture User4392414, 2+ years ago, 1 Review