Bollywood Bistro Reviews

67 | Fairfax, VA

67 Reviews for Bollywood Bistro

• Sgrey

sgrey · Getting married on 08/29/2020

Raving reviews from all engagement party guests who tasted this food

Pankaj Sharma and Bollywood Bistro graciously caterered an impeccable spread of indian and indo-Chinese items for our engagement party. A week removed and we are still receiving compliments from guests for the unmatched flavors and unique nature of appetizers and entrees.

From a warm welcome and delicious food tasting, to fantastic responsiveness, fair pricing and great event-day service you deserve Bollywood Bistro for your event. You and your guests will be glad you did!

Sent on 09/15/2019

Gopika · Getting married on 05/30/2020

Engagement Ceremony

Pankaj and Kartik went above and beyond in the planning and execution of our event. They are such kind people! All my guests were so impressed with the staff and the food! The flavors of every dish and the presentation was perfect. I would highly recommend Bollywood Bistro in a heartbeat.

Sent on 04/21/2019
  • Roger

Roger Akers · Married on 04/20/2019

Amazing food and very professional

Bollywood Bistro did a lunch and dimmer for my sangeet night. The stations were set up so well and everyone complemented the food. Their INdian food is great but they did other cuisines as well which were delicious. I would most definitely recommend and use them again.

Sent on 05/06/2019
  • Preet

Preet · Married on 07/28/2018

Bollywood Bistro was an absolute pleasure to work with for my wedding. They were attentive, flexible, and really made the whole experience come together. All our guests raved about the food throughout our 3-day event and we couldn't be happier with their service!

Sent on 08/06/2018

Sherene · Married on 09/03/2017

Pankaj, his son, and his team made our wedding incredible! My wife and I come from different parts of India and the team was so willing to cater to both styles of food in an authentic way. To this day (9 months later) our family and friends still talk about how incredible the food was. In addition to the seamless catering on the days of the wedding, Pankaj was incredibly responsive and willing to work with us as we led up to the wedding. We lucked out by finding this team because we found them somewhat last minute, but we would without hesitation recommend them for any of our friends' future weddings.

Thank you Pankaj and team!

Sent on 06/24/2018

Kalyani · Married on 10/08/2016

Pankaj and his team did an excellent job with my two wedding events!! He was so professional to work with and was so easy to communicate with. They provided a totally unique and customized menu for my first event which recieved SO MANY compliments. People were raving about the food. For the wedding, the cocktail hour and reception wedding food was also incredible. They even packed all the leftover food for us. The catering staff was very friendly and professional as well. I cannot say enough good things about their catering service and quality. I highly recommend Bollywood Bistro!!!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Tara · Married on 07/09/2016

If you select Bollywood Bistro as your wedding or event caterer, you are selecting a phenomenal and top-notch team. Bollywood has hands-down the best staff, service, incredible food, and creative presentation. They are extremely responsive, pay close attention to detail and are notably professional in everything they do. My husband and I are DC area photographers, so you can imagine when we selected our caterer we had high expectations & visions for our wedding at the Torpedo Factory in Alexandria, VA. Pankaj and his team went beyond our expectations on our wedding day in every way imaginable. It is hard to put into words what it was like to see our venue set up, decorated, filled with food, catering staff, bartenders, and then there was Pankaj himself. He knew we were excited about having dosa, and he brought us some before the festivities began. Oh my! The food! The food was just incredible. We had live stations, stationed and passed dishes. The guests were so impressed. My Indian family loved it, and our family & friends that don't have Indian food often or ever were so impressed at all the options and at how tasty it was! It was presented artistically, and uniquely, and we remember walking by thinking wow... It is beautiful! Leading up to the wedding, Pankaj met with us often to decide on the menu and logistics. I brought my family to his restaurant, and we visited his other restaurant location in Great Falls. Every time we were impressed at his professionalism, and of course the food was to die for. Our wedding guests were from different backgrounds it was important that the food was not too spicy. It was just perfect, savory, and delicious. Pankaj brought his team with him to two meetings with us at our venue. We were so impressed he came the 2nd time, as it was not necessary. Bollywood is committed to your event and dedicated to making everything perfect. We could say so much more. Bollywood Bistro gets our absolute highest recommendation.

Sent on 08/15/2016

CLARA · Married on 06/19/2016

It is a privilege to work with people like Kartik Sharma. Thorough professional, incredibly responsive and a great problem solver, in addition to the amazing Indian food. The food was definitely very good, but Kartik’s attention to detail in making sure he had what he needed to do a great job was phenomenal. He came to the venue twice, spent time talking with the chef’s and coordinators, brought a lot of the equipment not provided - he made sure he had everything to deliver high quality food - a man who clearly takes pride in his work. We had a minor snafu with not being able to bring a propane tank into the venue and Kartik solved for it by bringing an electric griddle (for dosas). The food was great - the appetizers were beautifully served, and our eclectic mixture of Colombian and Indian guests really enjoyed the food. We asked him to make the food (fully indian menu) mildly spiced and Kartik delivered.

If you need to cater Indian food - go to Bollywood Bistro. Highly highly recommended.

Sent on 06/21/2016

Sukriti · Married on 04/22/2016

Everyone commented on how good the food was at our wedding! Two of our four appetizers were completely out because people kept piling them on. From beginning to end, Pankaj and his staff were very attentive and took care of everything including clean up! The presentation was excellent and he tried to cook a lot of things on site (some venues may not allow this). Prior to the event, Pankaj was highly responsive and accommodated any request we had. It's safe to say we will use him and Bollywood Bistro for any future catering needs!

Sent on 04/26/2016

Natalie · Married on 04/02/2016

I could say so many things, but I will keep it short and sweet. They were amazing! Their food is delicious. They are absolutely amazing to work with. Professional, flexible, punctual, very reasonably priced, and delicious. There is nothing else I could have wanted. You want your guests to be amazed by the food and ours certainly were!

Sent on 04/04/2016

Bollywood Bistro catered our wedding snack break, cocktail hour, and reception (contracted through Gala Cuisine at Foxchase Manor). Mr. Pankaj Sharma was a pleasure to work with - very responsive, helpful, and professional throughout the planning process. The food itself was FANTASTIC. Every single guest we talked to, both Indian and non-Indian, told us how delicious the food was and how they went back multiple times to get more, and many told us it was by far the best wedding food they'd ever had. It's a real testament to the care and passion that Mr. Sharma and his team put into the food they serve. In addition, Mr. Sharma made a point to find me (the bride) and bring me some snacks to ensure I ate something during the day.

We would strongly recommend Bollywood Bistro - the quality of food and service is truly outstanding, and we look forward to working with Mr. Sharma and his team to cater future events.

Sent on 11/10/2015

Gurleen · Married on 09/19/2015

I am not sure where to begin because Mr. Pankaj Sharma really made our wedding very special and one to remember. We received so many and I mean so many compliments about the food! In fact, I received personal messages asking where we had the catering one from because they wanted to cater from them for their events. He was so easy to work with! The food was absolutely delicous and what was even better was his service and the service from his staff. We catered from Bollywood Bistro for our Sangeet, Wedding and Reception and I cannot give you one complaint. Mr. Pankaj Sharma was always present making sure everything was out and warm and fresh. The communication was a breeze! Thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts! We will defnitely be referring others your way!

Sent on 09/24/2015

The food was amazing! Their team was great to work with - did an amazing job with set up and everything! Our guests raved about the food for days after the wedding.

Sent on 10/28/2015

Ranju · Married on 05/16/2015

Pankaj is phenomenal-he made sure our event went off without a hitch and he is such a pleasure to work it! Can't wait to work with him again!

Sent on 06/12/2015

Pankaj Sharma is the most reliable vendor I have ever worked with. His team is extremely professional and the food quality is amazing!

Sent on 06/17/2015

Anju · Married on 04/10/2015

It was a great experience. All guests loved food and praised it a lot. They were professional and I'll recommend them in future.

Sent on 05/04/2015

We have ordered Indian food from Bollywood Bistro for events at our community center in Boyds, MD. They have been extremely professional, helpful and are easy to reach and communicate with. The food has been delivered to our doorstep in time and is always delicious and of good quality. Our events usually consist of 200 people, of varying ethnicity which means they have differing tolerance to spice and varying preference in taste. Despite that, we have received only compliments for the food ordered from Bollywood Bistro. We are very happy that Bollywood Bistro caters outside of VA too and we hope to have a long relationship with them.

Sent on 05/19/2015

Bollywood Bistro catered our December 2014 wedding. Pankaj was incredibly professional, communicative, and helpful during the planning process. On the day of our wedding, the food was abundant and delicious and service was outstanding. Multiple wedding guests told us that Bollywood Bistro provided the best wedding dinner they had ever had. Local friends and family have since visited the restaurant; some are interested in having Bollywood Bistro cater for their future events.

Sent on 01/27/2015

It was a pleasure working with Mr. Sharma for my wedding. He was very responsive and open to ideas and suggestions. We even visited his restaurant for a tasting which sold us. At the last minute I had to make some changes and he was able to accommodate them. I would certainly recommend anyone to him and his restaurant. Thank you Mr. Sharma for making our event wonderful.

Sent on 12/20/2014

I have had the opportunity to work with Pankaj at Bollywood Bistro numerous times. He is professional, extremely responsive and will work with you to create the perfect menu for your event. He and his team have a delicious product, and they know what they are doing. They are a pleasure to work with and I will continue to work with them in the future and I will gladly recommend Bollywood Bistro to anyone that is inquiring.

Sent on 09/11/2014

geeta · Married on 06/07/2014

I couldn't be happier with the service and food provided by Bollywood Bistro for my June wedding. Pankaj was really easy to communicate with and accommodated all of our requests. We repeatably heard how delicious our food was. You can't go wrong with BB!

Sent on 06/16/2014

S · Married on 06/07/2014

Bollywood Bistro catered our wedding and we could not be happier. Our guests still to this day talk about how great the food was at the wedding. Pankaj and his team were absolutely amazing to work with. From the tasting, to creating a custom menu from us (yes even items that are not on their regular restaurant menu). We were so happy with their service, we ended up using them for two other family catering events.

For Indian food catering in the DMV area, you cannot go wrong with these guys. Not only amazing food, but very very easy to work with.

Sent on 06/29/2014

Hari · Married on 05/25/2014

All I can say "AMAZING". We got better than expected service, best food and flexibility. It was a pleasure to work with Punkaj and Sunil. Our every request was received with yes and nothing was denied to us. I will recommend Bollywood Bistro to anyone who wants catering without hassle.
    Hari Nand K

Sent on 06/24/2014

sameera · Married on 05/10/2014

Pankaj, of Bollywood Bistro, and his team are the best team in the NOVA/DC area. My wife and I started working with Pankaj 4 months prior to the wedding and I think he may have been more excited than we were. Our wedding was in Charlottesville, VA and it was not the traditional Indian wedding/reception.

Pankaj worked so well with us! He was very excited in making our vision come true. In addition, when we had changes to make to the menu and / or needed suggestions he was flexible as well as knowledgeable about the different regional cuisines of India. We wanted a mix of south Indian food for Breakfast and lunch and fusion for dinner & cocktail hour.

Pankaj was very dedicated to our event, very flexible, and finally, just easy to work with! Our food was something that is still being talked about. Everyone LOVED the food, the menu, and the presentation of the food. People loved how amazing it tasted and how authentic it tasted. At least 100 people have told us that the food was the best they have ever had - and that's no easy feat with Indian people...He ensured that any fried food would not get stale and everything was freshly made! The dessert bar he helped arrange had such amazing variety of desserts and everything tasted very delicious!

Pankaj also helped us plan the event - he is so organized and well knowledgeable that he pretty much ran our vendor visits.

Overall, we were pretty speechless in how amazing he and his team were during the entire event. We are very thankful for Pankaj and his team! Our families and friends are so excited for another event of ours to have Pankaj cater!

We've already recommended him to our friends who are soon to be married.

Sent on 06/05/2014

Dipesh · Married on 05/03/2014

It was great working with Bollywood Bistro - Meets your need with great flexibility! Would recommend to all!!! Great Job guys Thank you very much Pankaj Ji. It has been a great pleasure working with you. I would definitely like to do business with you again for my future events.

Thanks,