BOK Music Reviews

92 | Scarsdale, NY

92 Reviews for BOK Music

Alex · Married on 11/18/2018

Look no further for your wedding DJ/Emcee

Brendan was great, super helpful, highly professional. Incorporated all of the songs we requested plus had great suggestions for more. Took requests from guests. Great emcee. The "Bok-doc" was a great template for planning. Highly recommended, look no further.

Mark · Married on 11/10/2018

November 2018 Wedding

We used Bok-Music as our music/DJ and Brendan and his team did a great job from the pre-planning to the event. They used a great blend of music (ethnic/American music) and knowing the perfect timing (helped me coordinate thank you with music). Brendan uses a form of interactive document that makes the planning very easy and customizable with a step by step detailed process. The flawless interweaving of different types of music was done perfectly and made for a continuously packed dance floor.

Heather · Married on 10/27/2018

Perfect Musical Addition!

Brendan was fully available for all my questions and concerns from the moment I hired him. Rich and Jeff, who were at my wedding, did an incredible job bringing my vision to life. They were able to incorporate my desire for ceremony piano playing, elegant cocktail music, and dance party music perfectly and worked with my venue to ensure the entire evening's schedule was seamless. I highly recommend BOK Music!

Sent on 10/30/2018

BOK Music's reply:

Thank you Heather for taking the time to share your BOK Music experience! It was a pleasure pulling all the details together with you and I know that Jeff and Rich enjoyed working with you, your guests and the staff at Del Posto to make it such a special evening! Have a wonderful life together! Brendan BOK-Music.com

Cindy · Married on 10/21/2018

Excellent!

Our entire experience dealing with BOK entertainment was pretty seamless, right from the start - including the shared Google doc to keep all the details in line. We had a very non-traditional wedding, with some specific music requests and Brendan and his team were SPOT on! Even playing a song at the exact moment so I could dance with my daughter - which was unplanned, but turned into a beautiful family memory! We wanted dancing - Brendan wanted dancing - we got dancing!! Everyone commented on the choice of music and what a beautiful event it was - I would work with them again for sure!

Sent on 11/08/2018

BOK Music's reply:

Dear Cindy, Thanks so much for sharing your experience with BOK-Music! It is always great to see a bride and groom dance all day long! Best wishes to you both and the kids on a wonderful life together! Brendan BOK-Music.com

Mams · Married on 08/25/2018

Wonderful to work with

We were really happy with how everything went, and especially with BOK music. We appreciate everything they did to accommodate all our special requests, and we would definitely recommend them to anyone. Also hope to work with them again sometime in the not-too-distant future!

Sent on 11/08/2018

BOK Music's reply:

Dear Mams, Thanks so much for your comments. Yours was a fun wedding and we hope your life together will be 1,000 times funner! Brendan BOK-Music.com

Elizabeth · Married on 07/14/2018

Thank you so much for everything you and your team did to make our wedding music spectacular. Everything went flawlessly! The DJs were awesome and I love that they played so many of our requests and picked music to match the tempo of the evening. The dance floor was packed all night, so many people were complimenting on how awesome the music was and how much fun the party was! I LOVE the BOK doc, it really helped us to get everything organized and for everything to be planned out so that things ran smoothly. The introductions, speeches and special dances went so smoothly. Thank you for talking with me a few days before the wedding to make final preparations. Thank you so much for everything!!

Sent on 07/19/2018

BOK Music's reply:

Dear Lizzy and Andrew, Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on BOK-Music and we're happy they are so positive! DJ Jeff and MC Richie said you and your guests were so easy and fun to work with. It really helps to have a cooperative bride and groom! Best wishes on a long life together! Brendan O'Keefe BOK-Music.com

Aaron · Married on 06/16/2018

Brendan is fantastic in every way! He provided us with a PA system for the reception, live music for the cocktail hour, MC, and DJ. Brendan is incredibly professional and will go the extra mile to work with you to make your day special. He has a great system (the BOK Doc) to make sure that all your sound and music needs are met and is always willing to get on the phone and talk things through. He knew our venue well and was honest about what was needed in terms of setup and personnel. I also asked him to accompany me on piano in a performance for my new bride; Brendan not only said yes, but practiced with me over the phone before the big day! We can't have asked for a better music vendor and would recommend him to any couple.

Sent on 08/11/2018

BOK Music's reply:

Dear Aaron and Soomin, Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on our music service here at BOK-Music. Sorry for the delay in formally responding here at Wedding Wire. It's been a hectic gig season. It truly was a fun wedding, you had a great crowd. Accompanying you on "Your Song' was the highlight. (Have you though about quitting your day job?) James Burden Mansion was the perfect venue for your wedding! Have a wonderful life together! Brendan O'Keefe BOK-Music.com

Patricia · Married on 01/06/2018

Amazing! We hired BOK music DJ and a pianist for dinner. Extremely professional and totally saved our wedding when the band dropped the ball! Brendan and his team were a pleasure to work with and kept the party going all night long! I cannot recommend them highly enough.

• I

Isaac · Married on 12/22/2017

Stellar night we are lucky to have had BOK there. He is an incredible piano player and DJed perfectly. A fantastic overall MC and so nice to work with.

Carolyn · Married on 11/17/2017

Bok Music did a marvelous job as the DJ at my birthday party! The dance floor was full for the entire evening. The choice of music was perfectly geared to my guests. The mood was infectious. No one wanted to go home! Working with Brendan was a pleasure. He was easy to reach and was always responsive to my questions and concerns. Would highly recommend Bok Music.

Sent on 11/26/2017

BOK Music's reply:

Dear Carolyn, Thank you for your comments. I sincerely enjoyed working out the details and song requests with you and Jen, and most of all, the final performance! You and your dancer friends were so much fun! Best regards to all of you, Brendan BOK-Music

Erik · Married on 10/28/2017

I could not have asked for anything better -- Brendan and DJ Ais were as simply the best. From the initial contact through the wedding reception, BOK music were perfect

Sent on 11/01/2017

BOK Music's reply:

Thanks for sharing! It was an honor to be part of your wedding celebration! Best regards, Brendan and Ais BOK Music

Brittney · Married on 09/09/2017

One of the best choices we made for our wedding day! Brendan is a seasoned expert who went over and beyond to make our wedding so wonderful. From the moment we started working with Brendan, he responded to our emails within minutes and made the process of setting everything up so so easy with his famous "BOK doc." This Google doc allowed us to efficiently enter all of our information to make sure the music at our wedding exactly what we were looking for. Brendan also played keyboard during our ceremony and cocktail hour, which was so lovely.

Aside from the great music and ability to get people on the dance floor, Brendan did everything in his power to make the party a fantastic one. From handing out flip flops and favors, to bringing around the guest book, he was an invaluable asset to our wedding team.

To top it off, there was a car accident that knocked out power to the entire town, including our wedding venue. However, Brendan was so prepared that he used a battery powered speaker and blue tooth to keep the party going. We literally didn't miss a beat because of his preparedness.

Do not hesitate to hire Brendan and his team right away!

Sent on 10/20/2017

BOK Music's reply:

Thanks Brittney for sharing your experiences with BOK Music. DJ Jeff and I had a great time with your friends and family. It was great to see a very happy bride and groom dancing all night long. Best, Brendan O'Keefe BOK MUSIC

hannah · Married on 08/05/2017

Brendan and his team were definitely a part of making my wedding this weekend an actual dream come true. Brendan throughout the planning process was patient with my numerous questions and concerns, even when I went back and forth about timing etc he was always helpful and informative. His BOK doc made it easy for me to select all of the songs I wanted and specify the times I wanted them played. His DJ and MC team came on time and it was exactly like I pictured it. They were subtle and understated and guided us through the evening without it feeling like a sweet 16. They were so nice and friendly when I asked a question and helped switch a song for me. And of course the best part, the dancing! Nobody left the dance floor the entire night. I can't say enough good things. Thanks again BOK music!!

Sent on 08/07/2017

BOK Music's reply:

Dear Hannah, Thanks for taking the time to express your feelings about DJ Jeff and MC Richie. They were equally impressed with all the hard work you put into such an amazing country wedding. Stay in touch, Brendan BOK Music
  • Priscilla

Priscilla · Married on 07/22/2017

Brendan made my wedding a 1000x easier. He is so well organized and made selecting music so easy. He was able to answer any questions I had within 24 hours.

On the day of the wedding he arrived early, and played all the songs from my playlist!

Brendan and his DJ were both really friendly and just awesome.

Thanks!!!

Sent on 07/28/2017

BOK Music's reply:

Dear Priscilla, We're so happy to have been a part of your wonderful wedding celebration! And, equally happy that you found our music service to be worth your 5 stars. Please stay in touch and have a wonderful life together. Brendan and Lotte
  • W

W · Married on 07/08/2017

Brendan's team (DJ Jeffrey and MC Richie!) did an overall incredible job.

The preparation process was super organized and straightforward. Brendan was extremely responsive to any and all questions (although you might not have many given how well-assembled and clear his process was). Beyond upfront preparation, I truly can't express my thanks to Brendan and co. for how they handled things on the day of the wedding. He worked extremely closely with the venue planner to ensure everything went perfectly. The sound was great, the playlist was excellent and the DJs had everyone dancing the entire night. Every single facet of our experience greatly exceeded our expectations - thanks Brendan and co., it was awesome!

Sent on 07/17/2017

BOK Music's reply:

So great to hear from another happy groom Will! It was a pleasure working with you, Dana and your families through the planning stages of your ceremonial and reception music. Jeff, Richie and I truly felt part of the clan! Best to you all! Brendan

Margot · Married on 05/06/2017

You can trust Brendan to make your event flow seamlessly, with all the music you love, and with the spotlight on the bride and groom, not on himself.

You'll appreciate Brendan's professionalism and attention to detail. We certainly did.

Sent on 05/10/2017

BOK Music's reply:

Dear Margot, Thanks for the kind words and for having us be part of such a wonderful wedding celebration. Please stay in touch! Brendan & Jeff

Emma · Married on 05/06/2017

I'm so glad we hired Brendan for our wedding -- he provided music for the ceremony (organ), cocktail hour (piano) and reception (DJ), and it all went beautifully. He's incredibly organized and his BOK Doc system will really help you to think through the schedule of the day and make sure you've considered all the details you might want to include. Brendan's DJ style is not overbearing and blends right into the rest of the party, which is exactly what I wanted. Definitely recommend working with him!

Sent on 06/04/2017

BOK Music's reply:

Thank you Emma! We are so happy that BOK Music could be part of your wonderful wedding celebration. Best wishes to you both, Brendan

Chris · Married on 04/28/2017

Honestly, I knew nothing going into the process for which I am grateful we chose BOK-Music. He answered every question, gave amazing suggestions, and basically held our hands through the entire process. I could not have been happier and would tell everyone I know to bring him on for a perfect event. He was fantastic.

Sent on 05/20/2017

BOK Music's reply:

Hi Chris, Thanks for the kind words and I'm so happy that you were pleased with BOK Music! Have a wonderful life together. Brendan

Maura · Married on 12/03/2016

Having a live jazz trio at our reception was one of the aspects of the wedding I was most excited about; on the other hand, the conga line is a must for many of my relatives. I was resigned to working with multiple vendors until BOK was recommended to me - Brendan was able to provide both, along with good advice on planning the event. A pleasure to work with! Thank you!!!

Sent on 12/18/2016

BOK Music's reply:

Dear Maura, Thanks for your comments and we're so happy that you appreciated the effort and talent we put into making your wedding an amazing day! It was a pleasure working with you towards the big day. Please stay in touch, Ais, Brendan, Don and Marshall

Ryan · Married on 11/26/2016

Extremely attentive and professional - we primarily chose Brendan because of his experience with our venue, and in particular, the parlor's picturesque piano during our cocktail hour. Everything went off without a hitch! The BOK doc is great and ensures you're on the same page with Brendan leading up to the big day. Thank you Brendan!

Sent on 02/19/2017

BOK Music's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with BOK Music. We are rewarded by your satisfaction in our music services. Please call again! Brendan O'Keefe BOK Music

alice · Married on 10/22/2016

Interview some other DJs. Then interview BOK and let Brendan give you a tour of his studio. There will be no comparison. You will choose BOK.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Thank you for the very positive review. I hope we meet again! Brendan BOK Music

Molly · Married on 10/22/2016

Brendan listened to all of our requests, and our party had a great time dancing! We also loved his organization with the BOK doc!

Sent on 11/15/2016

BOK Music's reply:

Hi Molly! Congrats on your wedding and I'm happy that you were pleased with our music. Your friends and family were a blast! Best wishes to you and Andrew. Brendan BOK Music

Amanda · Married on 10/15/2016

I hired BOK Music for my October brunch wedding. My venue was unique in its layout as well as time of day, which made me a little nervous about how people were going to dance. However, Brendan did a wonderful job getting people on the dance floor! Brendan also plays piano, which was perfect along with the saxophonist at our cocktail hour. Brendan listened to all my requests for the wedding day, which made it a perfect day! If you want a professional and talented DJ, hire BOK Music!

Sent on 10/20/2016

BOK Music's reply:

Hi Amanda, Thanks so much for the kind words and I'm so glad you were happy with our music service at Crabtree's Kittle House. Have a wonderful life together! Brendan BOK-Music.com

Over all we couldn't be happier! What an amazing team! One thing I hate about weddings is the experience of the "pushy mc".. not here! And it's one thing to be happy with the service, but when your guests keep commenting on how much fun they had you know you made the right choice!
    The Happy Groom

Sent on 03/08/2017

BOK Music's reply:

Thanks for taking the time to review our music services. We're so happy to have been there for you to make it a great day! Please stay in touch. Brendan

Maria · Married on 10/01/2016

Brendan was wonderful in every way. We loved working with him from day one. He did all the music for our wedding on 10/1/16 at Wainwright House. He dod live music for our ceremony, cocktail hour and dinner and DJ'd for dancing. It was perfect. We had some unusual music choices and he helped us get exactly what we wanted. He also handled a delay caused by our transportation company like a pro and took a couple of great photos of my husband and I at the end of the night when we were the last ones left! Brendan is great and we highly recommend him.

Sent on 10/21/2016

BOK Music's reply:

Dear Maria, We're so happy that you were pleased with our services including DJ/MC team, pianist, guitarist and flute/sax player at Wainwright House in Rye. I especially enjoyed meeting your family, especially your dad! Such great stories! Best wishes on a wonderful life together, Brendan BOK Music