Bobby J & Stuff Like That Band @ New Orleans Reviews

15 | New Orleans, LA

15 Reviews for Bobby J & Stuff Like That Band @ New Orleans

• W

whitnee · Married on 11/04/2017

If anyone is looking for a band - BOBBY J AND STUFF LIKE THAT IS THE ONLY CHOICE! They are incredibly talented musicians and performers that complete any occasion! I planned a wedding in New Orleans from Los Angeles and they were so lovely to work with the entire time. And more than that, they truly made our wedding more fun than we could have ever imagined! All our guests RAVED about them. They were THE BEST!

Sent on 11/15/2017

christina · Married on 10/06/2012

I cannot express in words how amazing Bobby J and Stuff Like That was at my wedding. They played at my cousin's wedding 3 years ago, and the moment I got engaged, I told my mom that we needed to book Bobby J. And what a great decision that was! My guests did not leave the dance floor the entire night! In addition, guests were coming up to me all night telling me how great the band was, and 6 weeks later, people are still talking about how much fun they had with the band! Lisa is incredibly wonderful to work with. She is accommodating, understanding, and simply lovely...She really cares about you as a bride, and is such a wonderful and comforting person to speak with when you're feeling all of the stress while planning a wedding. Cannot say enough nice things about her. She and Bobby J really made the wedding wonderful with their amazing talent! HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 11/18/2012

Luanda · Married on 04/14/2012

Bobby J and the Stuff Like that Band did a phenomenal job on our wedding. We were married on April 14th and hired the band based on a recommendation from our catering manager Sheryl from Broussard’s Restaurant. What a great recommendation it was, we were more than satisfied with the band. All of our guests praised your talents and spot on efficiency all night long. I even received compliments months after the wedding saying how wonderful the band was. But more importantly they made our night magical. They played our favorite songs, interacted with everyone in our group, and made us feel like it was going to be a night we would never forget. Being a destination bride from New York City I was nervous to hire someone without hearing them first but Lisa was so comforting and so professional. I had no doubt that it would be a night we would never forget and I am so glad my guests were so happy.

Sent on 07/09/2012

alicia · Married on 08/13/2011

Great band! Glad we booked them for our reception.

Sent on 08/20/2011

Bobby J & Stuff Like That Band @ New Orleans's reply:

Hi Alicia, we thank you so much for bringing us to Lake Charles, LA for your very special day. We hope that you enjoyed our entertainment as much as we enjoyed performing for you and your guests. God bless you and your husband. If you need us in the future for any event, we will gladly oblige.

Penne · Married on 08/06/2011

The band was fabulous!!! They fully engaged the crowd and everyone had a wonderful time. They made the reception so much fun for all of us. I highly recommmend them for any social event.

Sent on 08/18/2011

Bobby J & Stuff Like That Band @ New Orleans's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Penne. You were a pleasure to work with. Everyone at the Northwood Country Club in Meridian, MS greeted us with open arms and received our entertainment well. Yes, the dance floor was occupied to capacity. Don't hesitate to call us for future events. God bless the newlyweds and your family.

The band was spectacular! Ms. Lisa was a jewel to work with, and did a great job with coordinating payments, timing, and music. I always felt that the lines of communication were open. Mr. Bobby and the band gave a great performance that our guest are still raving about. After the wedding so many people wanted to know, "Who was that band?". My husband was nervous about all of our guest both young and old enjoying their music, but they perform music from all generes and decades that everyone was able to enjoy. I wasn't a bride to spend the entire reception taking pictures, instead I stayed on the dance floor along with our other guest dancing the night away. If I had to choose a band for our wedding all over again I would still choose Bobby J! To future brides keep in mind that a DJ is okay but a band is classic and adds the WOW factor. There is nothing like live performance.
    -Myisha and Alvin

Sent on 05/01/2012

Karen · Married on 11/13/2010

Lisa and Bobby J. We just wanted to thank you and your entire band for making Aimee & Tommy's wedding one of the most wonderful memories we will ever have. As I'm sure you could see, Aimee and Tommy had such a wonderful time with you guys. I don't think I saw Aimee leave the dance floor, except the times she had to take pictures. They will remember this with fond memories forever. Everyone has been commenting on how great you guys were & it was one of the best wedding's they have attended. You really kept the Riverview Room rocking the entire length of the reception. Lisa, thank you so much for being so accommodating and working with every request that was made of you. You guys are so talented, and your performance shows how much you really love what you are doing. Karen & Mel (parents of bride)

Sent on 11/16/2010

Bobby J & Stuff Like That Band @ New Orleans's reply:

Thanks for the kind words. Karen, we do our best to make every event our own. We are so glad to have had you as a client. Thanks for everything and may God bless all of you. Our love to Aimee and Thomas.

Chip · Married on 05/07/2010

we have used Bobby J for both our daughters weddings after seeing them at a friends wedding; the first four years ago and again earlier this month. we could not have been happier with the performance. they are truly a show band and the dance floor was packed from start to finish. they played the music we chose from their playlist and improvised a special song we requested and it was great. One short break only during a 3 hour show. great crowd/family and bride/groom interaction. if we had another wedding to plan there would be no discussion; we'd hire Bobby J.

Sent on 05/16/2010

Bobby J & Stuff Like That Band @ New Orleans's reply:

You are the best, Chip. As a matter of fact, we will be returning to St. Francisville for another wedding very soon. Continue to lift us up and we will be forever grateful for your support. Love to all.

Anne · Married on 12/12/2009

I can not say enough wonderful things about Bobby J and Stuff Like That and his wonderful band manager, Lisa. The band went above and beyond what I expected and were incredible the night of my wedding. On the night of my wedding there was record breaking rainfall and flooding across the entire city. Some of our family and dearest friends couldn't even make it out of their homes. But Bobby J and the entire band was there and they rocked the house down!

If you want a fabulous band who really knows how to entertain, Bobby J is the band for you!

Sent on 05/17/2010

Bobby J & Stuff Like That Band @ New Orleans's reply:

Annie, what can I say? The rain nor flooding stopped a rocking good time. We thank you for all you've done. Love to you and hubby.

Adriane · Married on 03/07/2009

Bobby J and Stuff Like That was recommended to me by a friend who had seen them at a wedding. I hired them on her word and what I saw on their website. And, that was one of the best decisions I've made!!! This band is incredible. My wedding was well over a year ago and I still receive compliments on the band at my wedding. Since then, I've booked them for my dad's surprise 60th birthday party. I've also seen them at another wedding. And, they are NEVER a disappointment. They always get the crowd going and know how to bring the party! They were easy to work with throughout the planning process. And, I recommend them to all the brides I know. I'm looking forward to seeing them play at another wedding I'm attending in August.

Sent on 05/15/2010

Bobby J & Stuff Like That Band @ New Orleans's reply:

Adriane, I don't think that we've ever experienced a more delightful bride...one who loves us like family. You, your dad, and the whole crew showed so much love for us. We appreciate you because without you, there would be no us. Thanks for allowing us to be a part of your celebration(s)!

Jeffery · Married on 02/06/2009

Outstanding, simply outstanding!! Bobby J and Stuff Like That provided high powered entertainment for my event -- So much so, that I have influenced their hire for two other events. Bobby is a fantastic vocalist who has a great Band that will keep the dance floor full. My family and guest are still talking about the great time they had. Easy to work with, on time, professional in every way and on the money with great entertainment. They truly enjoy entertaining -- you and your guest will enjoy being entertained.

Sent on 05/19/2010

Bobby J & Stuff Like That Band @ New Orleans's reply:

Jack, year after year, it gets better and better with all of the events you've given us. Thanks so much for spreading the word. We love you!

Seenea · Married on 07/07/2007

The band provided personalized choice selections for the couple's first dance, the father-daughter dance the mother-son and bridal party-family dance. The choices reflected each family's favorite song and the appropriateness for the dance. As one can tell by the date of the wedding, this affair was post Katrina. But this and the fact that the wedding venue was located in Houston, TX did not deter the band from putting on a show stopping extravaganza!!! A good time was had by all and many inquiries were made as to the band'savailabiliity for future events.

Sent on 11/14/2011

We had so many compliments about this band! People danced all night and had a really wonderful time largely because of Bobby J and his band. Our guests largely from out of town, but our local friends and family kept mentioning this was one of the best they had heard around and couldn't believe they hadn't heard of them before. After to listening to many band's recording samples, these guys truly stood out and and we loved having them play at our wedding!

Sent on 10/21/2014

Shelby · Married on 11/21/2015

Bobby J & Stuff Like That was a HUGE hit at our reception. They had folks on the dance floor the entire time & everyone commented how wonderful they were. Even the servers were having a blast and dancing!

Leading up to the wedding, I spoke with Lisa several times to go over our plans and songs. She was very helpful and offered suggestions to make things run more smoothly. We did not get to hear all of our requested songs, but they sounded great and we have no complaints!

Thanks Lisa & Bobby J!

Sent on 11/24/2015

Shera · Married on 05/28/2011

1.4
      3.0
      1.0

I do not recommend this band. We paid $4000 for a 9 to 10 piece HORN band with Bobby J. Our wedding was 2 1/2hr away from New Orleans and were told it would be no problem. To my surprise, we ended up with a 6 to 7 piece NO HORN band who would not have told me anything had I not introduced myself. The wedding was May 28, 2011. I get a text from their manager every now and then stating that it is in their attorney's hands. We were very dissappointed in this entertainer. We did not get what we paid. I don't believe they ever had any intentions of showing up.

Sent on 09/19/2011

Bobby J & Stuff Like That Band @ New Orleans's reply:

Though we strive for perfection, it frustrates us to know that we aren't perfect. Fortunately for us, with 21 years of proven reputable service behind us, we've learned that we can't fight the unforseen. Refer to the contract...horns were not contractual. It is clearly not our intention nor purpose to deceive anyone. All reading this need to know that you gave rave reviews about the singer who replaced him. Nonetheless, we thank you for your comments. It can only improve our services and strengthen us. As Music Cares states it "We are looking to build a community of folks who care about music and the artists who create the magic".