Boathouse District Reviews

16 | Oklahoma City, OK

16 Reviews for Boathouse District

• Kaysea

Kaysea Scott · Married on 01/10/2020

10 out of 10 would hire again!

I absolutely love the fact that my wedding was at this venue! It gave it a futuristic feel which my husband absolutely loved, it was right next to the water, is very convenient for guests to find, having the reception and the ceremony at one place was amazing. They were very understanding of my vision made sure I understood what was included with my agreement as well as work with my wedding planner & my DJ I had set up. I cannot thank them enough!

Sent on 02/17/2020
  • Kenya

Kenya Guidry · Married on 12/18/2019

Amazing venue and staff

This venue was a dream. We weren't even looking at it to begin with but through the power of targeted ads, it popped up in my instagram feed and the rest was history. What was particularly enticing was that they were LGBT friendly (the ad that popped up featured a gay couple who was getting married there in the near future). You could really tell that their support of all couples was true. There was a time during the summer that the boathouse was going to be in the pride parade in town and they reached out and invited us to be on the float.

The day of the wedding was perfect. Even though it was on weekday and the facility was still open, we never felt like anyone was intruding on our time. Kimberly and her staff made sure that we had everything we needed and subsequently everything went off without a hitch.

Very little decorating was necessary because of the beauty in the simplicity of the venue. Everyone commented and complimented the style and modernity of the reception area downstairs and they all really loved the vibe that venue put out.

To wrap it all up, if you're looking for a venue that will wow your guests and make your memories that much more special, book this place. The price is well worth it (they offer discounted rates for non-peak season and weekdays) and everyone there will do their best to make your day the best day ever. I wish we could go back and do it all again because the boathouse made our wedding perfect. Definitely would recommend, in a heartbeat.

Sent on 01/19/2020
  • Keaira

Keaira Oji · Married on 07/27/2019

Tour of venue

Amanda was a lot of help. She answered all questions and was responsive with calls and emails.

Sent on 01/04/2019

Alison · Married on 02/09/2019

Great venue

We used the McClendon Center for our wedding and it turned out so pretty. The natural lighting was perfect and it is very spacious. I would do it again there no problem.

Sent on 02/20/2019

Boathouse District's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for your kind words! We enjoyed working with you!

Megan · Married on 07/29/2018

The staff was amazing and the venue is the BEST in OKC! So unique and so modern.

Sent on 07/30/2018

Mindy · Married on 06/08/2018

The Central Boathouse was a perfect venue for our rehearsal dinner! Kimberly was very helpful in keeping us posted on the availability of the space. Abby gave us great suggestions for selecting a caterer and setting up the event space. Allison was available the night of the event and was so kind to help us with running the audiovisual. The space is lovely with beautiful windows overlooking the river to watch the sun set! We would highly recommend the Boathouse District for any event!!

Sent on 06/24/2018

Boathouse District's reply:

Hi Mindy! Thank you for hosting your rehearsal dinner here and for taking the time to write these kind words! We are thrilled that you were happy with the space and that everything went well.

Lita · Married on 04/06/2017

We love the boathouse!

It was such a help to have the chairs and table come with the venue, and they also set it up exactly how we wanted it! They were so helpful and very affordable!

Sent on 12/14/2018

Boathouse District's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! We loved having you as a Boathouse Bride!

We had our rehearsal dinner at the new CHK/ UCO Boathouse and were so pleased with our experience! We worked with Abby, Rachel and Meagan and all three were so helpful with any questions we had and ensured that our experience with them was a good one! The building was immaculate on the night of the event and was kept nice and warm (in the middle of the ice storm!). We were so happy with our decision to have our rehearsal dinner here!

Sent on 12/08/2015
  • User4553112 · event on: 11/11/2014

Rachel is their new event coordinator, she is great! We received great customer service and the price was reasonable.

Sent on 11/17/2014

The venue was absolutely perfect! They are very responsive to your needs and are willing to customize to your tailored needs. Great venue!

Sent on 09/30/2012
  • Kyearra

Kyearra · Married on 10/15/2011

It was so beautiful. They were able to work with you on everything and even took over doing some of the wedding day planning with all of the vendors. Geoff (Event Director) is an absolute life saver and truly cares about every bride. If there was an example of a perfect venu, the Devon Boathouse was just that for my wedding! The most beautiful scenery you could ever ask for!!!!!

Sent on 11/03/2011

Madison B · Married on 06/30/2018

3.0

Make it work

I had a very hard time actually booking the venue. I know they work with some very big clients like Google, so I felt like they pushed my event to the side. Once I was actually able to book communication was much easier! They kept in touch about a lot of things and were able to communicate clearly.

It is important to remember that the Devon Boathouse is a training facility, and can be treated as such by their athletes. The big beautiful glass walls on the mezzanine looked like they had not be cleaned in probably a month, so my mother spent part of the rehearsal time wiping them down.
    They also did not have the air condition on day of the wedding for the locker rooms where the bride and groom were to be held. Very hot and stuffy when we were already stressed.

However the venue is so so beautiful. Most of my guests were from out of town and thought it was an incredible sight. The view was so stunning and since it rained the day of our wedding having an indoor venue that had great views of the outside was fantastic.

Overall, the experience had lots of little hiccups, but I think that is just because the Boathouse does not give attention to weddings like it gives attention to other events. I know that significant changes are happening in regards to personnel and to their marketing campaign!

Even with everything that happened I would still reccomend this place to a friend

Sent on 12/11/2018

Hi Madison,
    Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! As you mentioned we are making changes and your feedback will help us continue to improve!

Hannah Scandy · Married on 10/28/2018

Beautiful Modern Venue

This venue is truly lovely and modern. It's very affordable and includes tables and chairs, but not much else. It's a great venue you can really put your own touch on the space. I loved that it was two stories - it made it really easy to have the ceremony & reception in the same venue.

Sent on 12/13/2018

Boathouse District's reply:

Thank you so much Hannah for your kind words and taking the time to share about your experience! We appreciate it!

Rebekah · Married on 06/21/2014

3.5

I loved the easiness of dealing with the venue and had numerous options available.

Sent on 06/28/2014

Julie · Married on 06/02/2012

3.5

This was the PERFECT place for our wedding! The boathouse is pretty much a blank slate inside with incredibly beautiful views of the Oklahoma River. It is a huge space, and there are separate areas where you can hold your ceremony and reception. The boathouses (Chesapeake and Devon), are very busy venues that are managed by only a few employees. So, it is a bit difficult getting answers to questions sometimes because they are so busy. Everyone I worked with there was incredibly nice, though. No real problems.
    They do big events all the time, so they are very trustworthy people who will get done what you need them to get done.

Sent on 06/18/2012
  • Y

Yvette · Married on 08/20/2016

1.0
      1.0
      2.0

Weddings are definitely not their forte. If you seriously want to take care of every single detail on your own, this may be the place for you. Just be prepared to have numerous wrenches thrown your way. After using the Devon Boathouse for my wedding, I could seriously rant forever. I will save you the burden, and just lay out the facts.

Pros: Beautiful setting. Pictures will be great. Guest will not know the troubles they put you through so they will be impressed. Lots of parking (if they aren't holding an event and charging). Good central location. You can go to the venue almost any time to check it out since it's a gym. They will set up the tables and chairs (if they still have the tables you requested). Quick response to emails.

Cons: VERY RESTRICTIVE. Changes will be made that effect your event and you will not be told. Vendors hate the boathouse. Rentals are a pain since delivery is limited by other bookings at the venue. No bridal suite (hair and make up off site). They do not provide ANYTHING except for the space, you will need to take care of every single detail (décor, linens, dinner ware, cups, dance floor, bar, clean up, etc). It is a gym, so people will be working out through the windows upstairs, regardless that you're paying to rent the venue. Furniture on the contract will not necessarily be available for your event. Every time we talked to the staff, they had a new limitation. The cleanliness of the venue left something to be desired. No onsite catering, you will have to use the list of approved caterers or pay $500!). Strict 10 hour rental, 9 if you consider the 1 hour mandatory clean up time (extra time for $200/hr, if I remember correctly).

It is not hopeless if you choose to have your wedding here. Just be prepared, stay organized, and recruit help!

Sent on 10/04/2016