Blush Makeup & Hair Reviews

Blush Makeup & Hair 1
Blush Makeup & Hair 2

Nara Wong · Married on 09/09/2018

Saved My Wedding!!

I highly recommend Blush!! Christa & her team came to my rescue a week out from my wedding... they were quick with responding via phone and email. With the wedding being as soon as it was they were able to set a trial date that fit my schedule and were willing to work with me. My stylists' names were Mary & Camden...who by the way worked very well together. They listened closely to what my vision was and worked their magic just by looking at a few photos... (which were the same photos that I had shown to my previous hair & makeup team, but just was not able to execute what I had envisioned and for my wedding, I just couldn't settle). Luckily I was able to book my Blush Team...!!

They were very prompt, always on time, walking me through every step to make sure that they were going in the same direction of my vision. They made sure that we were comfortable the entire time... My hair & makeup was done beautifully, exactly what I had hoped for...my girls were just as beautiful!! Mary & Camden, I couldn't have asked for a more fun, amazing, and talented team. They had really saved my wedding day, making it as perfect as it could be and I can't thank the entire team & process enough!! Thank you again!!

• Brittany

Brittany · Married on 09/07/2018

I LOVED my wedding look and all of my girls look absolutely stunning! Being from Boston and having a destination wedding in Napa I was very nervous about my hair and makeup. I flew out to Napa in February to have my trial and left feeling like I wish I had given more direction and had been more vocal. After a week or two I reached out and asked for another trial which Christa happily agreed to, but wouldn't happen until the week of the wedding since that was the next time we were flying out! I was nervous for months not knowing if the look I would pick would be "the one." We got married on Friday, September 7th and the second trial was scheduled for Tuesday, September 4th. I am so glad I had a second one because Christa and Rachel did EXACTLY what I wanted! I almost cried I was so happy!! The day of came out even better!! My look lasted all night even though I didn't leave the dance floor. Highly recommend Blush - their affordable, flexible, and miracle workers!

Blush Makeup & Hair 3
    Blush Makeup & Hair 4

Jaimie Phillip · Married on 06/10/2018

Stunning for the Big Day

I am sooooooo incredibly glad that I picked Blush for my BIG DAY! Christa was so easy to work with and really helped ease the stress I was feeling. My skin is naturally bad (oily and with acne) so I was really worried about having makeup that would make my face greasy after a couple hours. I was also really afraid that I wouldn’t look like ME. With Christa, none of these things happened. I told her my concerns and she mixed a makeup just for me. I have never felt and looked more beautiful. Completely worth it and so natural looking. She also did my mother who never wears makeup and she got sooooo many compliments. I’m so happy that Christa could make this day special for both me and my mom. I wish I could get this professional makeup all the time.

Rachelle · Married on 05/26/2018

I was so lucky to have Christa come to me and do my makeup for my October wedding in Napa! She was professional, kind, and has the sweetest demeanor, which really helped calm my wedding day nerves. I am quite self conscious about my skin and VERY particular about my makeup. My complexion and makeup looked absolutely flawless, and everything stayed in place SO well throughout the whole day, and even late into the evening. I got a sneak peek of a few photos, and I am just blown away at how amazing my makeup looks! I just can’t say enough great things - - thank you SO much, Christa!

Lauren · Married on 01/13/2018

Christa did an amazing job for my wedding! Our hair and makeup looked amazing, we got so many compliments from the wedding guests! The look was very natural and classy. Christa and her team showed up on time, even despite the fact that there was a ballistic missile threat on the morning of the wedding. She and her team were so nice and energetic, we had a blast getting ready. I would highly recommend Blush to any bride, you won't be disappointed!

Michelle · Married on 04/12/2017

We travelled to Oahu, HI April 2017 for our destination wedding. We were referred to Blush by our wedding coordinator. I am thrilled to have selected Blush & have absolutely no regrets with this decision. Myself, 3 bridesmaids, my mother and step mother all got both our hair & make up done by Blush for my wedding day. Everyone looked & felt amazing. I met with Christa about 11 months prior to our wedding - my first impressions of Christa were how friendly, warm-hearty and caring she was. She was very passionate about what she did and made me feel very comfortable. Throughout our year of wedding planning, Christa was so helpful & checked in with us regularly to see how our wedding planning was going and to offer her assistance. This definitely made a lasting impression. The next time I saw Christa was at my Hair & Make Up trial... Christa did my make up & Alex did my hair. Both ladies made me feel completely pampered & were so caring. They strived to understand exactly what I had envisioned for my wedding day beauty & made sure we were able to achieve this. Alex & Christa were both respectful, easy to work with and super fun. They made the "getting ready" part of our wedding day so much fun. The best part of it all? My bridesmaids, mothers and my hair/make up ALL LASTED all day... through the sweat, tears, dancing, wind, etc... by the end of the day we still looked & felt amazing. For anyone currently planning a wedding... I highly recommend finding someone who makes you feel comfortable and at ease - it will make your wedding day that much better. If you're looking for a punctual, reliable, talented and caring stylist to pamper & beautify you on your wedding day... look no further! Blush truly exceeded my expectations. Thank you SO much Christa & Alex!!

Sarah · Married on 03/02/2017

Blush were totally great to work with. I used a friend who is a makeup artist to do my own makeup, but my bridesmaids and the mothers all looked so great who got their hair and makeup done. Alex did my hair, and during the trial session at my hotel a couple of days before the wedding, she was lovely! We tried a couple things, tweaked a couple things, and then she totally recreated it on my day. And I LOVE hair, so it was so great to get it right and feel so comfortable. Mary and Alex were accommodating with everyone in the wedding party, and just did what anyone requested (including a couple extras we had not scheduled in!). They were so chill and calm, which helped us all not stress – yet they were totally professional and on time with the timeline. I think my friends wanted Alex to stay for the party they liked her so much! I’ve been involved in a lot of weddings, and usually the hair and makeup is just TOO much. These ladies kept it understated, classic, and beautiful. My girls shone at the wedding.

Lei · Married on 04/08/2016

I used Christa and her Blush team for my wedding on April 8th and 9th. My ceremony was on the 8th and my reception on the 9th. I was in contact with Christa from beginning to end. She wanted me to create a Pinterest board to give her ideas of what I wanted for hair. She was very professional and answered all of my (many) questions. We scheduled an appointment the week of my wedding for a trial run of my makeup and hair. I don't use makeup on a daily basis so I really wanted to be "glammed" up. The day of my wedding was on a Friday and her team got to my hotel room on time and started to set up their work stations. Christa gave me a timeline for hair and makeup for each girl (6 total) which included me. I was the last one (by then I was nervous). I was very impressed with everyone's new look including mine. We miscalculated the cars we needed to get to the church and Christa and her team volunteered to drive us. When we got to the church, Christa was there to help with finishing touches and to also fix my shawl that kept falling off my shoulder.

The next day, I was again pampered with hair and makeup. It was really early in the morning (I think 5am), Christa and her team were ready to get to work. This time, I was the only one getting my hair and makeup done. My reception was more of a "casual" feel so I didn't need too glam.

I used Christa again in May, as we were going to take additional wedding photos. I just wanted my makeup done this time because she did such a beautiful job for my wedding that I knew my makeup would look flawless.

I would recommend Christa and her team to any bride because she is professional, on time, flexible, friendly, easy to talk to/work with and her makeup skills are awesome!!

Christa and Mary were great! It was very easy to coordinate cost, hair and makeup trial, and day of schedule with Christa. She's very responsive and professional. Christa and Mary did my hair and makeup trial a few days before my wedding. They took my feedback well and incorporated the changes on the day of the wedding. I was so happy with my hair and makeup for the wedding and never felt so beautiful.

Ciara · Married on 09/09/2015

Working with Blush was the best experience. Christa & Mary made me feel beautiful on my day & both of their services lasted me throughout the entire day (& heat) I am so thankful to have found Blush and recommend them to anyone looking for hair & makeup. Thank you Blush, Thank you both so very much

• User5420219 · 2+ years ago

I am extremely pleased with Blush Makeup and Hair!
    The first makeup and hair vendor I chose never returned emails or phone calls. She only responded to text messages. I found Christa on yelp after reading all the reviews. To be honest I was a little worried on how things would turn out, but I am so glad I chose Christa. She responded to all my emails very quickly, and asked for pictures of how I wanted my makeup and hair. She was very professional and made the getting ready portion of my wedding day wonderdul. This is saying a lot, since our wakeup time was at 1:45 am!
    I will, without a doubt, go with Christa for any future special occasions.

I couldn't be happier with the services I received from Blush Makeup & Hair! Christa did my bridal makeup and Mary did my hair and I never felt more beautiful! The make up and hair were flawless and lasted the entire night. I have super sensitive and oily skin which were my biggest concerns but whatever Christa did, I did not have any allergic reaction and did not have to oil-blot at all. My hair typically falls flat but Mary made me look like I had tons of volume. They were professional, reliable and so pleasant to work with! I will DEFINITELY use their services again and would recommend Blush Makeup & Hair in a heartbeat!

Maichi · Married on 07/01/2015

Christa was a sweetheart. She exemplified the definition of style and professionalism. We had a destination wedding with family at the Halekulani resort on Waikiki and I found Blush through Wedding Wire. She set up a preview appointment the day before the wedding and made me look like a doll! I was totally comfortable about her knowledge of make-up application and hairstyling, she made the whole experience easy and stress free for me. She even made sure I looked beautiful for my photo sessions around the resort by staying with me to handle the style and make-up touch ups. You can tell that Christa put her whole heart into making sure I was happy. It was like having a BFF with me at my side. I would highly recommend Christa at Blush, she is a stylist extroadinaire. The air brushing of the foundation is her specialty and she does it well. She also can apply false eyelashes like no one else! Use Christa for your upcoming event, you will not be sorry.

Amanda · Married on 06/01/2015

Christa was amazing! The best hair and makeup I've ever had done, I've had so many flattering compliments regarding my makeup and the groom loved it too ;)

They were very receptive to my ideas and feedback regarding my hair and makeup. They were really fun to work with!

• Kelly K

Kelly · Married on 12/27/2014

Lots of great things to say about Blush (Christa and Heather)! I had my makeup and hair, and then hair for my two bridesmaids from Blush, and we looked great when Christa and Heather were through with us! First of all, everything was very easy and convenient to coordinate. They were very responsive (always by the end of the day via email), and it was SO nice that they came to my apartment so I didn't have to coordinate traveling. They had their big "suitcase" of materials/supplies - they definitely had everything they needed with them in my apartment.

I also had a trial hair and makeup session a couple months before the wedding, which I was glad I did for the ease of mind, not having to worry about how I would "turn out" on my wedding day. A few quick tweaks after that day (changed the blush color and no hairspray), and I felt everything came out perfectly on the day of.

My favorite part was definitely how my eyes turned out. Without looking dramatic or Kardashian-ish, my eyes really really popped. The groom also mentioned my awesome eye makeup. If I had to say one negative thing, it would just be that we went over the estimated "finish time" by about 20-30 minutes, but like ALL brides should, I had built in some extra time, so it wasn't a problem at all.

Thanks Blush for making me look and feel like a beautiful bride!!

Tara · Married on 11/25/2014

I HIGHLY recommend Christa with Blush. Living in California, it was difficult to know how to find a hair/makeup specialist in Hawaii. I booked Christa for 11/24 and 11/25/2014 after reading her excellent reviews. Christa was immediately responsive to my emails and helpful with suggestions (e.g. sending her a Pinterest page of my ideas.) Christa had a lovely personality and was so talented with hair and makeup. (She has a ton of really great make-up.) She worked with my daughter's kinky/curly hair, (which is very difficult,) giving her the long beautiful curls that she wanted. She helped me to achieve the natural hair and makeup look with great eyes that I always wanted, but could never do on my own. She also came to meet me the night before the ceremony for a trial, and then showed up bright and early at 5:00 a.m. to meet me the morning of the ceremony. Even though she left late the night of the trial, she graciously offered to stop by a store on her way home to see if she could find a flower for my hair. She had me ready right on time (actually before time,) and I looked and felt great throughout the day. She took PayPal, which was very convenient. My experience with Christa was truly wonderful, better than I had expected. I would not hesitate to recommend her to others!

Kersten · Married on 10/25/2014

Christa did my wedding makeup that turned out great! She was absolutely professional. I was a little scared for not having had a trial but everything turned out well since I could check the makeup all the time throughout the process and ask her to make small changes when needed. Got so many kind words about my makeup. I definitely recommend Christa.

• courtney

courtney · Married on 10/12/2014

Iʻm a tomboy and not one to wear make up. Once my wife and I got engaged and we started thinking about every little thing we needed for our wedding. When it came down to make up I didnʻt have to think twice. Christa is one of my friends from college and she was the first person that came to my mind. Iʻve seen photos of her work and itʻs awesome. But even without it there was no one else that I would trust as my make up artist on the biggest day of my life. She is awesome to work with and Iʻm not just saying that because sheʻs my friend. Sheʻs easy going and made me feel so comfortable with make up on even tho I donʻt like to dress like a girl. Sheʻs very professional from beginning to end but so fun to work with. I asked her for a natural look and thatʻs exactly what she gave me. Almost everyone that I talked to at my wedding commented how amazing I looked and wanted to know who did my make up. I was so proud to tell them that it was my friend Christa from college. If youʻre looking for a make up artist for your wedding or any event I would definitely recommend Christa from Blush. Sheʻs professional, easy going and fun to work with, and will help to make you look AMAZING!!! If she can turn a tomboy into a GORGEOUS girl imagine what she can do with girly girl.

Katische · Married on 10/07/2014

Christa and her assistant were fantastic. I really wanted a laid back feel and they were a big part of making that happen. I don't usually wear much make up so was a bit worried about the air brushing, etc but it all looked so natural and didn't feel heavy at all. I loved my hair, it was beautiful and lasted the whole day even in the extreme heat. Christa really helped make the day a special one.

I loved working with Christa at Blush for my wedding. She was very responsive in communicating in the time leading up to our wedding. She was also flexible with details and dates. Finally, I met Christa and loved her! She was enjoyable to work with and kept good company. I would highly recommend blush makeup for your next special event. Thank you for a beautiful day, Christa!

Christa did my makeup for my wedding. She made me look and feel truly amazing! She made my makeup look exactly how I wanted it. My husband doesn't like me wearing too much makeup, but he absolutely loved what Christa did for me. Also, my makeup lasted for my 3pm ceremony till the last person left the reception at midnight! Also, I got so many compliments on how flawless it looked!

I would recommend Christa because she is willing to do whatever it takes to make you feel beautiful. She was touching me up until the very last second we were walking out the door (even if we were running a few minutes late to our ceremony - what bride isnt???! haha). She was calm and cool and helped make our day more than perfect :)

Monica · Married on 06/22/2014

I'm from Las Vegas so you can already imagine my struggles trying to plan a destination wedding. From the beginning, Christa was very easy to work with. She answered all my emails quickly and was flexible based on my needs. All of us, my mom, mother-in-law, bridesmaids and myself were beyond impressed with their quality of work. We all looked great for our pictures even though we were outside for the ceremony. Everyone only had great things to say about our hair and makeup. Thank you guys for helping make my wedding day a success!!

Sammie · Married on 03/15/2014

Very easy to work with. Arrived on time and it good spirits. Due the amount of bridesmaids (6) and the location her team had to arrive at 5:30am to start doing all of our hair and make-up. Very personable team and all the girls loved their hair & make-up. Definite recommend!

Veronica · Married on 02/27/2014

Christa and Heather were amazing! I highly recommend them. They offer a great price and service. Christa was very prompt in responding to my inquiries and scheduling my trial and wedding day makeup. Both her and Heather were very professional, even staying up on the north shore the night before so they could start all of our hair and makeup by 6.30am. They made each of my bridesmaids, my mother and me look absolutely gorgeous well within our schedule.My hair and makeup stayed in place throughout the entire event.