Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists Reviews

123 | Asheville, NC

123 Reviews for Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists

123 Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists Reviews

Rebecca · Married on 10/21/2012

Wendy made me (and the moms and the bridesmaids) feel so beautiful on my wedding day. They went above and beyond. I loved working with Wendy and her team - and I'm telling everyone I know how fabulous they are. My makeup has never looked so good and stayed so beautiful for so long. I can't thank them enough. Wendy even gave me a special lip gloss/color to freshen up during the reception!

Carrington · Married on 10/13/2012

Wendy was amazing to work with. She provided excellent services to myself and my bridal party on my wedding day. Everyone looked stunning thanks to her abilities. Wendy was great throughout the planning process and was very flexible as I changed and tweaked plans leading up to our wedding day. I would definitely recommend Wendy to any bride looking to feel and look beautiful on her wedding day!

Sent on 10/27/2012

Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists's reply:

Carrington, Thank you so much for your kind words and it was a pleasure to be with you, your family and friends on your wedding day. Your beauty was absolutely flawless, and I wish you and Justin all the best! Stay in touch! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Miranda · Married on 09/23/2012

Wendy is AMAZING!! Not only is she ridiculously talented, but she is also the sweetest person I have ever met. She made me feel comfortable right away and actually listened to what I wanted. She went above any beyond what was expected of her! I would recommend Wendy to EVERYONE! She gave me and my girls the confidence we wanted on such a big day :D Couldn;t have asked for a more PERFECT vendor!!

Sent on 10/25/2012

Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists's reply:

You beautiful lady!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I mean it...when you come back into town...we have a date!!! Thank you Miranda for your kind words, and it was a pleasure! Sara and I had such a great day with you, your family and friends! It was perfect, you were perfect, everything was PERFECT! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Leslie · Married on 08/11/2012

Wendy was fantastic to work with! She is friendly and fun and answered emails/phone calls promptly. She did trial runs for my daughter (the bride) and myself as well as a second eye trial for my daughter. On the wedding day, she and Jessica did the most beautiful make-up for the bride, the junior bridesmaid, the bridesmaids, and the mothers. Everyone looked wonderful and not "overdone" and the makeup lasted for hours! We could not have made a better choice!

Sent on 08/28/2012

Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Leslie! What a special day this was to spend with you, Becca and the girls! Jess and I had a fabulous time, and I thank you so much for your kind words!

Rebecca · Married on 08/11/2012

Wendy was absolutely amazing!!! So accommodating to my schedule and willing to do 4 makeup trials!!!! I was soo excited with my wedding day makeup and Wendy made me look more gorgeous than I ever could have imagined! She is such a great person and I could definitely see myself spending time with her outside of mywedding! I would trust no one else but Wendy ballance to do my makeup, I absolutely love her!!!!!

Sent on 08/31/2012

Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists's reply:

Becca, You are so sweet & and I will remember all of our meetings and the fun we had!!! It's so important to have trials to see all the different looks you can achieve ;) I loved it, and you were absolutely stunning on the wedding day!!! Congratulations to you sweet friend!!!

Tressa · Married on 07/07/2012

Wendy provided her artistic makeup services to my daughter, her bridesmaids and myself on July 7, 2012. Wendy is a true artist with the makeup brush - everyone looked beautiful for the wedding. She has a great personality and attitude, very caring, and made sure we were all happy with our makeup. She stayed with us right up to the wedding for any touchups, etc. I highly recommend her to anyone planning a wedding or special event. She is fantastic!!

Sent on 07/16/2012

Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists's reply:

Tressa, you and your daughter were an absolute pleasure, and it was an honor to be with you this day!!! I hope I run into you girls again in Black Mountain one day!!! All the best to you and your fabulous family!

Maggie · Married on 05/27/2012

Wendy Ballance is AMAZING! I did not even have a trial session with Wendy and my wedding makeup came out gorgeous; and so did my bridesmaid's!!! We looked stunning, if I can say so myself:) I was a bit nervous being that I had awful experiences with other cosmeticians in the Asheville area. However, she's a pro!

Sent on 06/11/2012

Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you so much!!!!It was such a pleasure to be a party of your special day!!!

Maribeth · Married on 05/26/2012

I used Blush by Wendy Ballance for my wedding. Kristen Davis did make up for me, my mom and my 4 bridesmaids. She did such an amazing job and was very professional. She made everyone look great and played up each persons natural beauty. I wish she could do my make up every day. Working with Kristen was a great experience and I would recommend Blush by Wendy Ballance to everyone!!

Sent on 06/08/2012

Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists's reply:

I thank you so much for booking with Blush, and I am so happy you had a fabulous experience with Kristen Davis! She has been with me for years now, and I know it means the world to her to get this! I wish you all the best!

Casey · Married on 05/26/2012

What more can I say about Wendy. She is AMAZING! She did makeup for me, my mom, mother-in-law, and 6 bridesmaids. Everyone looked spectacular and were happy with their makeup. She knows how to enhance your natural beauty and add a touch of drama. She even fit in an extra bridesmaid last minute without notice. I highly recommend the false lashes (they look great in photos) and doing touchups pre-ceremony. Book early because her schedule fills up fast!

Anna · Married on 02/14/2012

Wendy Ballance was a jewel on my wedding day! Although we did not meet in person until the actual morning of the wedding, Wendy was easy to communicate with and readily responded to e-mails and phone calls with a friendly ease. Once we met, she was extremely professional, yet personable and talented. She did a wonderful job of putting me at ease and making me beautiful for our special day. Apparently, my groom liked what he saw when I walked down the aisle to him during our wedding ceremony. Wendy is the Asheville Beauty (-Creation) Queen! She definitely knows her art.

Elizabeth · Married on 12/31/2011

I really enjoyed working with Wendy because she is amazing at what she does and she is wonderful to be around. She really has a knack for bringing out beauty in all ages and making sure you are comfortable. All my bridesmaids looked amazing as did the mothers and grandmother and I felt amazing in the makeup she used. Wendy you really are the best!! I hope I get to work with again!!

Linzy · Married on 10/23/2011

Wendy Ballance did an AMAZING job on me, my bridesmaids, mother and mother-in-law. She did exactly what everyone was hoping for. I looked like myself (which is what I wanted!) but she made everything pop! I would definitely recommend her to anyone needing any kind of make up services. She rocks!!!

Jennifer · Married on 10/21/2011

I could not have asked for a more wonderful make up artist than Wendy. I first came across Wendy's name, along with other names when I received a preferred vendor list from a venue I was considering. As I continued to look at venues her name kept appearing so I decided maybe I should take a look at her website. Of course, all the brides were beautiful, but I have learned not to be sold on an awesome website alone. I debated calling her b/c my venue was small, so small it was just my husband and me. I figured she would not want to spend her time on just a bride when she could have a larger wedding party which would off set her cost of spending the day with me. I decided I would call her anyway. Wendy could not have been more kind and excited to help me...just me! She went out of her way to meet with me on a short trip I took to NC in August prior to my wedding. After meeting Wendy and talking with her for about 45 min to an hour, I had no doubts she was who I wanted. She had spent that much time with me not only to talk makeup but to get to know me as well. I was very surprised she would want to know me.....not just my face, not if I was allergic to anything and what make up colors I liked etc. She wanted to know me! After I left the meeting I felt so calm and reassured that I would be beautiful. When the wedding arrived in October Wendy took time to meet with me again 2 days before and have a practice makeup session. All I can say is when she was finished "practicing" on me and I looked in the mirror...I was beautiful! Her "practicing" is perfection! I can assure all brides and any woman who needs make up for a special occasion you will not be disappointed at the pure artistry Wendy can create with makeup. Wendy you Rock!!!!

Sent on 01/18/2012

Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists's reply:

Wow...I am speechless. I thank you for your kind words and can't imagine doing anything else in my life. It's because of clients like you that get me out of bed each day and excited to plan the next wedding makeup look. You were very special, and what made it even better is that we became friends! When are you buying your house in North Carolina!!! LOL! I thank you for being a stong supporter and I can't wait to see you again! I hope you make it up soon!!!

Gina · Married on 10/14/2011

Wendy was amazing, so sweet and attentive to my vision of how I wanted to look on my BIG day! Never have I felt more beautiful! Wendy was very professional and truely top notch with her skills. Such a pleasaure! Could not have asked for anyone better :)

Sent on 01/05/2012

Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists's reply:

Gina, I thank you so much for your kind words! Your wedding day was so special and your beauty just shined through out the day! ( I saw it in your fabulous pictures)! I wish you only the best and appreciate your kind words!!!

Kristen · Married on 09/30/2011

Wendy was amazing!
    I had no idea what look I wanted to go for on my wedding day, so when we met for the trial I told her to just work her magic, the first look she did was PERFECT!!!! SHe told me I could contact her with any questions or concerns I may have. Wendy put me completely at ease! On the day of the wedding she was set up right in time, kept us on a prefect schedule, right on track!!! Touch ups between ceremony and photographs!!! Fabulous!

carrie · Married on 08/13/2011

Wendy was the best! She answered emails in record time, scheduled appointments at my convenience, and best of all made me feel natural yet special on my wedding day. She was a joy to work with, and her makeup was perfect - she really listened to my requests and tailored her application accordingly. And she was really efficient on the day-of - we finished ahead of schedule.

Sent on 09/13/2011

Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you thank you thank you so much Carrie! It was a pleasure working with you and your fabulous wedding party! I wish you all the best!!!

Katelyn · Married on 08/12/2011

Wendy is an outstanding business owner and make-up artist. From the beginning she was prompt to reply to emails, easy to schedule a trial run with, and a pleasure to be around. On wedding day she was talkative to my parents and bridal party, making her a lot of fun to be with and calming any nerves I had. I would have been happy with just her amazing make-up skills and nothing more, but being Wendy, that is not enough. I'm glad to say we have become friends since that day. That is how great she is. Wendy, thanks so much.
    Katelyn

Sarah · Married on 11/05/2010

I can't say enough about Blush and Wendy! She made my day so fabulous and made sure I felt/looked amazing. She understood exactly what I wanted for my wedding makeup (and how to make it last AND look amazing in photos) and not to mention my entire bridal party. With the stress of choosing vendors for your wedding, Blush is a breath of fresh air. So glad I made that choice!!

Mandy · Married on 10/16/2010

I would recommend Wendy to anyone who is looking for makeup services for ANY special occasion in and around the Asheville area. I used Wendy for my wedding in 2010 and she did the makeup for me, a number of my bridesmaids, and my mom - she did a stellar job with everyone and has a wonderful gift for making you feel relaxed, pampered, and beautiful all at the same time! Wendy's rates are incredibly reasonable and she goes the extra mile in her correspondence, scheduling, and follow-up - from the moment I first emailed her inquiring about her services I felt confident in her ability to help with our big day! She has a wonderful portfolio of work and uses the best quality makeup and brushes - she takes direction well and really takes personal preferences to heart while helping a bride decide on a make-up style for the wedding. I loved working with her!

Melissa · Married on 06/26/2010

I can't say enough good things about Wendy! She is truly gifted. I was a ball of nerves on the morning of my wedding- by the time she was done I felt like a bride and I felt like myself! All my nerves melted away and was just EXCITED! By the way- I got married in June and it was 87 degrees. My makeup somehow stayed fresh all day! Wendy is a true professional. She is totally organized and kind. Highly recommend!

Laura · Married on 06/19/2010

Wendy was wonderful. She did my makeup, three bridesmaids, and my aunt. We all looked wonderful and felt wonderful. She is very willing to create the look that you want. I felt like our trial run was a real collaborative effort. She is so talented and I hope to work with her again in the future.

Marge · Married on 04/24/2010

Wendy was absolutley AMAZING! I would definitely recommend her to anyone I know. She is wonderful!!!

Wendy was wonderful! She rolled with some last minute schedule changes that popped up due to flowers not being delivered on time and still did an incredible job. My girls and I looked amazing :)