Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists Reviews

136 | Asheville, NC

136 Reviews for Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists

• Lauren

Lauren · Married on 07/01/2017

Christie and the Blush team were absolutely amazing. After meeting Christie and having my trial, I was in love with how my makeup turned out. On wedding day, they truly made everyone look like a princess, but not overly done. Even through the night, after rain and dancing, we all still looked great. I cannot thank Wendy, Christie and the rest of the team for making everyone look and feel their absolute best. I cannot thank everyone enough for the beautiful work!

Sent on 07/06/2017

Kiki · Married on 06/10/2017

Kudos to Christie at Blush Asheville. She did my makeup for my wedding last weekend and wow... were we impressed. Coming from someone who only wears chapstick, I was very nervous about wearing makeup and the out come. She was able to make me not only look gorgeous, but I felt at ease and comfortable with her during the process. She helped keep me calm all while being professional and friendly. She really did a tremendous job. And with all of the girls in my bridal party. And the makeup lasted over 12 hours. I only had to reapply lip gloss. Fantastic. Truly an artist. Love love love!!!!

Sent on 06/10/2017

Jamie · Married on 05/27/2017

I have the biggest girl crush on Wendy Ballance as well as her talented artist Kristin Davis. I wanted a glam look, something I don't do everyday and she met, exceeded expectations. Kristin took my look to the next level with all her special touches. I let her take creative freedom as she knew exactly what I was going for. She made me look and feel like royalty. I got to know both ladies leading up the wedding and feel like I have two new friends. Kristin also did the make up for my daughter, my maid of honor, and she looked like a goddess. Since we are from NY we had to do a lot of our communications via email and phone. Wendy was very responsive to all my emails, texts and calls making me feel like there was no distance factor at all. Can't say enough positive things about these two women.

Sent on 09/11/2017
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 05/20/2017

Jen was amazing! My wedding day makeup looked exactly as I had envisioned it, and all of my bridesmaids looked flawless as well. Jen and Wendy were both super professional, easy to work with, and quick to answer any questions that I had. I would absolutely recommend Blush for any brides getting married in the Asheville area. Worth every penny.

Sent on 06/05/2017

Brittany · Married on 05/06/2017

Christie is an extremely talented make-up artist! She was immensely helpful during my make-up trial, and it paid off on the big day. She knew exactly what I wanted for my bridal make-up, and she extended the similar look and feel for my bridesmaids, mother and grandmother. The photos speak for themselves - she did an AMAZING job. All of our make-up stayed put throughout the entire event with a light feel that I did not even want to remove at the end of the night. Not only did she excel with the bridal/bridesmaid looks, she knew the perfect strategy to apply make-up to my mother and grandmother for a flawless finish. I felt the most beautiful I have ever felt on my big day, and I owe it to Christie. I cannot say enough about her professionalism, knowledge, and bubbly personality. A big thanks to Blush and Christie!

Sent on 05/07/2018

Marlee · Married on 12/03/2016

Wendy did an absolutely perfect job with my rehearsal dinner and wedding makeup. I wasn't exactly sure what look I wanted going in so she was patient with me while we tried a couple of different looks. By the end of the weekend, I truly felt like I gained a friend in her. Her skills are top-notch - this is a very important piece of the wedding day and she made me feel beautiful the entire day.

Sent on 02/15/2017

My experience with these ladies was absolutely AMAZING. The make up artist I worked with was Kristen. She captured the look I wanted effortlessly. She had an amazing spirit and kept me calm throughout the entire process. I really could not have asked for a better experience! Advice to any brides: have your tip check written and ready before the big day - my mind was so all over the place that I completely forgot to give Kristen a tip. Luckily I got a check in the mail to here ASAP but I wish I had been more on top of that! Thank you again Wendy and Kristen for helping to create my absolutely perfect wedding day.

Sent on 09/25/2016

Nicole · Married on 11/19/2016

During my hunt for a make-up artist, I contacted Wendy about a make-up trial. It was evident through my communications with Wendy that Blush was a well-run, professional business and that Wendy was dedicated to meeting my beauty needs. Wendy arranged for a make-up trail with Sara (one of Blush's make-up artists) that worked within my busy schedule. When I met Sara I knew that she would be the make-up artist I used on my wedding day. Sara was extremely professional and made me feel ease during the make-up trial. The contract was thorough and made me feel confident that everything would run smoothly on my wedding day. On the day of the wedding, Sara was timely and ready to go. My mom and my mother in law both sat in Sara's chair. Sara did an excellent job with everyone's make-up. All 3 of us (my mom, mother in law and myself) all have completely different skin tones, textures and styles. She listened to everyone's requests and we came away with 3 completely different, flawless looks. Blush was the easiest vendor that I worked with during my wedding :) I cannot say Thank you enough for making this aspect of my wedding so effortless :) I couldn't have asked to work with a better group of people... Wendy and Sara are two of the nicest people I have ever met in the business!!

Sent on 11/28/2016

Michelle · Married on 10/15/2016

My mother, mother-in-law, and I had our make-up done by Jen O'Leary for my wedding day and we have never looked so good in our lives! She was super sweet and knew what products would work best for each of us. My mother and I are Chinese and my mother-in-law is Italian Irish and Jen was able to work with all of our unique features. Wendy Ballance of Blush was also very professional and helpful in choosing Jen for us. I had a lot of fun and Jen's make-up made me feel so natural, relaxed, and beautiful on my wedding day!

Sent on 10/23/2016

Nikki · Married on 08/20/2016

Blush was great! Christie did my make-up and she was wonderful to work with. It was easy to coordinate my trial-run with her (I'm from out of town). I wanted a more natural look since I do not typically wear a lot of make-up and she did it perfectly. She also showed me how to touch my make-up throughout the night. I would recommend Blush and Christie to anyone looking for a make-up artist in Asheville.

Sent on 09/23/2016

Kristi · Married on 08/13/2016

Blush was an excellent decision! Wendy was so professional and easy to work with. She even went beyond the call of duty to help me find a hairstylist at the last minute. Kristen Davis is a makeup genius! She has a a true talent for highlighting features and bringing out the beauty in her clients. She made my mom and bridal party feel calm and comfortable while applying their makeup. She will take suggestions and will reapply until you feel comfortable. That wasn't needed in our case, but the option was there. I highly recommend Kristen and Blush to any bride wanting to look perfect on her wedding day!

Sent on 09/01/2016

Anna · Married on 07/23/2016

Wendy was AMAZING! My bridesmaids and I all looked beautiful. I don't wear much makeup on a day-to-day basis and Wendy took that into account. Wendy made sure my makeup was light and simple, showing my freckles and accentuating my features. My groom couldn't get over how beautiful I looked and commented more than once that he was so glad that I "looked like me" and not a beauty star. I highly recommend "Queen Wendy," as my bridesmaids and I called her the day of the wedding, for any event that you need your makeup done for!

Sent on 08/10/2016

Allyne · Married on 05/28/2016

To say I felt beautiful on my wedding day was an understatement and I owe it all to Blush, especially my makeup artist, Kristin! Hair and makeup were the most daunting items to me, since the wedding pictures last forever, but I instantly felt at ease when I met Kristin during my makeup trial.

Kristin is one of the loveliest people I've ever met and her personality just shines. She has a unique ability to connect with others and translate their thoughts into a finished, polished product. On top of that, her level of artistry is the best I've ever seen (and trust me, it's not my first rodeo when it comes to getting my makeup done or having photos taken).

What really blew me away though was Kristin's ability to come up with a personalized, polished look that worked for me, my best friend, my sister, and my mother and mother in law. Five different personalities, styles, and requests, but she made everyone feel like the best version of themselves and we ended with time to spare!

Kristin always said "I want you to love it" and stayed with us to freshen up, make little tweaks, etc. until the very end when I was getting ready to walk down the aisle. She was the perfect addition to our glam squad and really helped keep the energy up, positive, and lively. I especially loved how excited she got at each stage in the makeup process because she was able to see her vision come to life and absolutely nailed it each time. I didn't stress once and knew that I was in the best hands possible.

I can't thank her enough for making me feel as radiant as I did. Looking at the pictures, I tear up because I look like a more elevated version of myself and feel so confident in how I looked that it translated onto film how happy I felt on the inside.

I feel really lucky that we found Blush, let alone that they paired us with Kristin. Any bride she supports is lucky and I know will feel the same way that I did before, during, and after the big day!

Sent on 06/13/2016

Julia · Married on 05/06/2016

We got married at the Fields of Blackberry Cove in early May and Wendy and her team did the make up for my mother, mother-in-law, grandmother, officiant, 9 bridesmaids, and me. We all looked fabulous! I could not have asked for a better team to make us all feel beautiful and at east on my wedding day! The Blush ladies were so fun, sweet, talented, professional, and easy to work with! I recommend Blush to any bride who wants to look her best on her wedding day!

Sent on 05/31/2016

Nicole · Married on 04/30/2016

Blush Asheville was AMAZING to work with! The owner, Wendy, was so sweet and responsive from my first email all the way up to the final days before our wedding. She made the process super easy and there were zero problems along the way. Christie and Melissa were the lovely ladies who did makeup for myself and my bridal party (there were 8 of us, plus 2 moms and 3 flower girls/junior bridesmaids!) and they couldn't have been more fun! We all felt absolutely beautiful and loved our makeup...I didn't want to wash mine off that night. I can't say enough about the experience and the talent of these women - you won't find anyone better! Thank you Blush!

Sent on 05/16/2016

Kendra · Married on 04/07/2016

Wendy did my makeup and that of my bridal party. She was absolutely wonderful and everyone's makeup was flawless! I didn't do a trial run because I was from out of town, but Wendy took my explanation of what I wanted and knocked it out of the park. Her outgoing personality was a bonus as well. I would book Wendy again without a doubt! Thank you Wendy and Blush Asheville for exceeding my expectations and making me feel absolutely beautiful on my wedding day.

Sent on 04/21/2016

Hands down, Wendy is the BEST at what she does - she knows her stuff! She made me feel so beautiful! She took her time, listened to my desires, and let me be picky about my make-up and not feel bad about it. Her sweet and spunky personality was a bonus to work with! I highly recommend!!

Sent on 01/19/2016
  • Erik

Erik · Married on 10/17/2015

Christie was my makeup artist and she was ah.ma.zing. Coming out of state, coordinating with vendors can sometimes get tricky. Working with Wendy and Christie was so great! I had a trial with Christie two days before my wedding - it gave me time to see how I liked the look and whether or not I wanted to change anything from my original request. Day of, I asked her to make very minor changes and she knocked it out of the park. Christie did my makeup plus that of my three bridesmaids, and I could not be happier. She was timely, professional, and so wonderful to work with. She was very willing to work with what each girl requested without hesitation. Highly recommend Christie and the Blush studio!!

Sent on 11/06/2015

Heidi · Married on 10/03/2015

Look no further- book Blush and you will not be disappointed. Sara was my makeup artist for my wedding and I can't even begin to tell you how amazing she is. She was very professional and did a beautiful job. I felt beautiful when she was done. Sara did my sister and my mother's makeup as well and everyone LOVED it.
    Wendy was so helpful when booking with Blush. She is very responsive and the process was super easy.

Thank you BLUSH for making my wedding day perfect!

Sent on 10/27/2015

BEST MAKEUP ARTISTS!!!!! Sara was my artist and she was AMAZING!!! She did my makeup as well as my 3 bridesmaids and my mom and everyone loved their makeup. The key thing is she took her time to make sure everyone's make up was perfect and did touch ups right before we left but she was on time and made sure we were all done in time for the photographer! Wendy was also very helpful with booking! Thank you so much for everything and making us all gorgeous!!!

Sent on 10/23/2015

Barbara · Married on 10/02/2015

The make-up artist was outstanding. She did a beautiful job on all the girls and Mom. She arrived early and finished on time. We would definitely hire her again.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Kaoma · Married on 09/26/2015

You don't need to look any further if you need a makeup artist! Sara did myself and my bridal party (including my mum and mother in law) on my wedding day. She was so sweet, took her time, gave us her professional ideas and made us all feel so wonderful. She also gave us all quick touch ups just before we left the room to start photos!

When setting up our appointments, Wendy was fabulous. I had contacted her right around the time she had just had her baby and she was still responding to my emails within 24 hours! (Usually even less!). The process was simple, easy and fun and I'd work with Wendy and any of her girls again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 09/30/2015

Allison · Married on 09/06/2015

Thank you so much to Christie Burlett and Blush Asheville for making me and my bridal party feel so special and beautiful for my wedding day! Christie made each of us feel so relaxed and pretty before she even started with the makeup! She gave each of us the natural look we wanted and we could not have been happier with our gorgeous faces! (The mothers are tough critics and they both could not stop smiling because they felt so good!) The pictures were stunning and we all felt radiant! Christie was professional and fun – highly recommend her and Blush for any makeup need! Thank you Christie and Blush for making my day even more perfect! You are amazing!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Tracy · Married on 09/06/2015

Though it was due to unfortunate circumstances, I had the pleasure of working with two artists from Blush. I had my initial consultation and trial with Kim, who ended up having a family emergency on the day of the wedding and not being able to do our makeup.

Wendy, the owner, called the day before the wedding to explain what had happened with Kim and offer that a new artist, Sara, would be working with us on the wedding day.

Everything was handled with professionalism and grace. Despite Kim dealing with an emergency she continued to ensure I felt comfortable and beautiful on the wedding day. She sent pictures from our trial and forwarded our email correspondence to Sara so she would be well prepared for the job.

Sara was a joy to work with. She jumped right in and did a beautiful job of making up my mom, grandma, sisters and myself. Everyone looked so beautiful!

Sent on 12/31/2015

Wendy and her team are AMAZING. They are so good at what they do and so pleasant to work with -- a winning combination! Wendy was always super responsive to emails and questions and even added in friends of mine to our makeup queue a few days before the wedding. On the day of (and of course, in all communicate prior), she was so kind and warm and funny -- she really made the process so easy and I don't quite have the words to express my gratitude! Not to mention, Wendy's makeup application was the best I have ever had -- so stunning and exactly what I was hoping for. Working with Blush was one easily one of the best and easiest decisions of my wedding planning process and I recommend them in a heartbeat!

Sent on 08/25/2015