Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists Reviews

123 | Asheville, NC

123 Reviews for Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists

123 Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists Reviews

Julia · Married on 05/06/2016

We got married at the Fields of Blackberry Cove in early May and Wendy and her team did the make up for my mother, mother-in-law, grandmother, officiant, 9 bridesmaids, and me. We all looked fabulous! I could not have asked for a better team to make us all feel beautiful and at east on my wedding day! The Blush ladies were so fun, sweet, talented, professional, and easy to work with! I recommend Blush to any bride who wants to look her best on her wedding day!

Nicole · Married on 04/30/2016

Blush Asheville was AMAZING to work with! The owner, Wendy, was so sweet and responsive from my first email all the way up to the final days before our wedding. She made the process super easy and there were zero problems along the way. Christie and Melissa were the lovely ladies who did makeup for myself and my bridal party (there were 8 of us, plus 2 moms and 3 flower girls/junior bridesmaids!) and they couldn't have been more fun! We all felt absolutely beautiful and loved our makeup...I didn't want to wash mine off that night. I can't say enough about the experience and the talent of these women - you won't find anyone better! Thank you Blush!

Kendra · Married on 04/07/2016

Wendy did my makeup and that of my bridal party. She was absolutely wonderful and everyone's makeup was flawless! I didn't do a trial run because I was from out of town, but Wendy took my explanation of what I wanted and knocked it out of the park. Her outgoing personality was a bonus as well. I would book Wendy again without a doubt! Thank you Wendy and Blush Asheville for exceeding my expectations and making me feel absolutely beautiful on my wedding day.

Hands down, Wendy is the BEST at what she does - she knows her stuff! She made me feel so beautiful! She took her time, listened to my desires, and let me be picky about my make-up and not feel bad about it. Her sweet and spunky personality was a bonus to work with! I highly recommend!!

• Erik

Erik · Married on 10/17/2015

Christie was my makeup artist and she was ah.ma.zing. Coming out of state, coordinating with vendors can sometimes get tricky. Working with Wendy and Christie was so great! I had a trial with Christie two days before my wedding - it gave me time to see how I liked the look and whether or not I wanted to change anything from my original request. Day of, I asked her to make very minor changes and she knocked it out of the park. Christie did my makeup plus that of my three bridesmaids, and I could not be happier. She was timely, professional, and so wonderful to work with. She was very willing to work with what each girl requested without hesitation. Highly recommend Christie and the Blush studio!!

Heidi · Married on 10/03/2015

Look no further- book Blush and you will not be disappointed. Sara was my makeup artist for my wedding and I can't even begin to tell you how amazing she is. She was very professional and did a beautiful job. I felt beautiful when she was done. Sara did my sister and my mother's makeup as well and everyone LOVED it.
    Wendy was so helpful when booking with Blush. She is very responsive and the process was super easy.

Thank you BLUSH for making my wedding day perfect!

BEST MAKEUP ARTISTS!!!!! Sara was my artist and she was AMAZING!!! She did my makeup as well as my 3 bridesmaids and my mom and everyone loved their makeup. The key thing is she took her time to make sure everyone's make up was perfect and did touch ups right before we left but she was on time and made sure we were all done in time for the photographer! Wendy was also very helpful with booking! Thank you so much for everything and making us all gorgeous!!!

Barbara · Married on 10/02/2015

The make-up artist was outstanding. She did a beautiful job on all the girls and Mom. She arrived early and finished on time. We would definitely hire her again.

Kaoma · Married on 09/26/2015

You don't need to look any further if you need a makeup artist! Sara did myself and my bridal party (including my mum and mother in law) on my wedding day. She was so sweet, took her time, gave us her professional ideas and made us all feel so wonderful. She also gave us all quick touch ups just before we left the room to start photos!

When setting up our appointments, Wendy was fabulous. I had contacted her right around the time she had just had her baby and she was still responding to my emails within 24 hours! (Usually even less!). The process was simple, easy and fun and I'd work with Wendy and any of her girls again in a heartbeat!

Allison · Married on 09/06/2015

Thank you so much to Christie Burlett and Blush Asheville for making me and my bridal party feel so special and beautiful for my wedding day! Christie made each of us feel so relaxed and pretty before she even started with the makeup! She gave each of us the natural look we wanted and we could not have been happier with our gorgeous faces! (The mothers are tough critics and they both could not stop smiling because they felt so good!) The pictures were stunning and we all felt radiant! Christie was professional and fun – highly recommend her and Blush for any makeup need! Thank you Christie and Blush for making my day even more perfect! You are amazing!

Tracy · Married on 09/06/2015

Though it was due to unfortunate circumstances, I had the pleasure of working with two artists from Blush. I had my initial consultation and trial with Kim, who ended up having a family emergency on the day of the wedding and not being able to do our makeup.

Wendy, the owner, called the day before the wedding to explain what had happened with Kim and offer that a new artist, Sara, would be working with us on the wedding day.

Everything was handled with professionalism and grace. Despite Kim dealing with an emergency she continued to ensure I felt comfortable and beautiful on the wedding day. She sent pictures from our trial and forwarded our email correspondence to Sara so she would be well prepared for the job.

Sara was a joy to work with. She jumped right in and did a beautiful job of making up my mom, grandma, sisters and myself. Everyone looked so beautiful!

Wendy and her team are AMAZING. They are so good at what they do and so pleasant to work with -- a winning combination! Wendy was always super responsive to emails and questions and even added in friends of mine to our makeup queue a few days before the wedding. On the day of (and of course, in all communicate prior), she was so kind and warm and funny -- she really made the process so easy and I don't quite have the words to express my gratitude! Not to mention, Wendy's makeup application was the best I have ever had -- so stunning and exactly what I was hoping for. Working with Blush was one easily one of the best and easiest decisions of my wedding planning process and I recommend them in a heartbeat!

One word: AMAZING. Wendy was so responsive and pleasant to work with. She answered any and all questions that I had leading up to the wedding very promptly. She was extremely helpful in referring other vendors to me as well, such as hair. Christie came out to the Biltmore and did my make up, as well as some of my bridesmaid's make up. She did a PHENOMENAL job. From the moment she arrived, she fit in with our group perfectly. She was so down to earth and pleasant. To top it all off she did the most wonderful job on our make up. I couldn't have asked for anything better. She listened to what each of us wanted and everything turned out perfectly. She was particularly great on doing my 10 year old junior bridesmaid's make up. It was beyond incredibly appropriate, yet beautiful for her age. Christie was also extremely helpful leading up to my wedding day as well, answering questions and being positive about everything. This service was better than I ever could've imagined. I'm so happy with using Blush. I had a million comments on my make up and I have Christie to thank for that! Thank you Christie and Wendy for making my bridesmaids and me so beautiful on the most special day of my life!

Amanda · Married on 06/27/2015

The ladies at Blush did an AMAZING job on our bridal party makeup!!! Wendy, Kristen, and all of the wonderful and sweet women at Blush were so helpful, answering every question from this out-of-town bride in a timely manner, and giving much needed input! Kristen also did my makeup (bride) for the rehearsal dinner and she is just amazing!!! I got so many compliments. I cannot say enough fabulous things about Blush!! All of our makeup photographed flawlessly, and lasted throughout a night of late June reception dancing! They are the sweetest women, brought all of their own chairs, etc to set up on site, and made us feel so comfortable!! I couldn't have asked for a better wedding day with these amazing ladies! We loved the makeup products that Blush used and we all got false lashes- obsessed!! I am so thankfuI I chose Blush to do our wedding day makeup!!

• Laura

Laura · Married on 05/23/2015

I had a small hiccup about two weeks before my wedding. I had to find another make-up artist immediately. My wedding planner, Nicole Riley with StudioWed, told me about Blush by Wendy. I was a little nervous since I did not have time to do a trial run before my big day since I live in DC. Wendy sent me an email within 5 minutes of me sending her one and told me not to worry about a thing. She paired me up with Christie Burlett. I only had email and phone contact with Christie. I sent her pictures of myself and the look I wanted and she saw a vision. I met her the day of my wedding at the Inn on Biltmore. She was warm, sweet and so professional. She fit right in with my energetic family. She made me look like a beautiful movie star. I tried not to cry when I saw myself, but I have never seen myself more beautiful and this was the day of my wedding. Christie you made me feel like I was a queen for a day and I felt so elegant. You have a true gift of the art in make-up. Wendy you paired us well. I highly recommend Blush for there professionalism, timely response, and amazing artistry in make-up. If I lived in Asheville I would use them for all my events hands down. Thank you Blush for an amazing experience during my wedding.

Regina · Married on 05/23/2015

We had Wendy come out to the The Farm in Candler, NC for our wedding in May. She was AMAZING!! Not only did the makeup look flawless, she was incredibly sweet and professional. She even called me earlier in the day to ask if there was anything we needed. I was impressed with her responsiveness prior to the wedding, her punctuality on the day of, as well as her incredible talent! I would definitely recommend!!

We used Blush for our daughter and her bridesmaids for their wedding makeup and hair, and they were fantastic!! We had Kristen and Jen for the girl's makeup and Emily Wells and her assistant for their hair. They ALL did an absultely wonderful job. Our daughter was STUNNING!! And the pictures came out beautifully! We couldn't have asked for more! I highly recommend their services!

Mary · Married on 05/09/2015

We just have to say that Wendy is truly FABULOUS!! She did my makeup as a trial, for bridal portrait photo shoot, and the big day at Biltmore Estate! Having planned for a year and a half for a wedding at this venue deserved the very best. And we found it in Wendy! She did my wife's, her bestie, my matron of honor, my mother-in-law and sister's makeup as well. As a 50+ bride, I had never felt so beautiful! And all of the wedding party felt beautiful as well. She is so sweet, flexible, and Professional and came with a lot of experience. She gave me samples of the lipstick I wore and other goodies. We cannot recommend her enough! She was immediately warm and caring and never flinched at a same-sex wedding. We have been very particular about the vendors we used. Just know that you will not regret using Blush for your event!

Wendy did my makeup, as well as my mother's and mother-in-law's, for our wedding and she did such an amazing job. My mom actually teared up she felt so beautiful! Wendy took her time with us and was so easy to work with! The morning of the wedding she even provided me with the color lipstick and liner with a thoughtful card so that I would have the exact one needed for touch-ups! She is such a sweet person and so talented at what she does!

Maya · Married on 11/09/2014

I CANNOT say enough about Wendy Ballance! After I contacted her to do my wedding weekend makeup, she was nothing but an absolute pleasure to work with. She is extremely quick to respond to any message I sent her and always was upbeat, accommodating and responsive to any questions I had. The cost of service was also excellent. I had an Indian wedding that spanned 2 days and I did 2 trials with her for my mother and myself to create 2 separate looks for each day. Her skills are AMAZING!!! She completely understood the glamorous look I wanted without looking overdone and helped me step outside my comfort zone to discover a whole new me! I am blown away by her professionalism, kindness and spunk...she really is a blast to be around and makes you feel comfortable, cared for and appreciated on your big day! I am beyond words at how she made me look and feel during my weekend and honestly can recommend her with the HIGHEST of regards! You should absolutely have your makeup done by Wendy Ballance!

christina · Married on 10/25/2014

If I could give 6 stars - I would! Wendy and her team at Blush are just incredible!
    She did my makeup for my wedding along with my bridesmaids and mother/mother-in-law. All of her work is flawless and whenever Wendy would hand one of us the mirror to see our final makeup application, without fail each of us gasped with how amazing she made us look.

Her makeup application style is not over-the-top or powdery/stiff feeling. She knows exactly what to do to play up your best features in a natural but amazingly gorgeous way. As she told me on my wedding day "I want to make you look like you, but just a slightly better version."

Blush was so easy to work with and very enthusiastic. They made me feel excited and confident about my big day. They also gave me a beautifully packaged touch-up kit that I was able to use for reapplication that evening however the makeup held up so well I didn't even have to!

Regan · Married on 10/24/2014

Kristen Davis provided make up for my mother, MOH and I on my big day and I could not have been happier. She was very attentive to the look I wanted and the end result was fantastic. I have never felt more beautiful!!! Thank you so much Blush!

My fiancée and I were married October 19th in Asheville. We live in Florida and you can imagine the stress of planning a destination wedding. I spent a lot of time researching makeup artists. I’m 53 years old but no woman is ever too old to want to be a beautiful bride. The reviews and pictures for Blush were amazing and once I spoke to Wendy my choice was easy. Our wedding was at 10:00 am. Jenn arrived bright and early, was extremely professional and could not have been sweeter. With no trial and only the pics from my Pinterest board Jenn gave me exactly what I was looking for….natural but better!! I loved the way I looked. And best of all it LASTED from early morning through brunch at the Biltmore including a strenuous tour of the house and gardens. I could not possibly recommend Blush or Jennifer more. Thank you so much for making my dream day even better!!

Maribeth · Married on 10/18/2014

As an out-of-town bride, BLUSH made my selection for makeup artistry extremely smooth and simple. Wendy always got back to me quickly and even helped me find the hair salon we also used for my special day. I had the pleasure of working with Kristen and Jenny. The ladies were absolutely magnificent! They were friendly, fun, and complete professionals. I could not have asked for anything better--this company is the best! All of my bridesmaids and I felt gorgeous and looked stunning! You simply can not find a better company to work with for makeup in Asheville. I recommend them 110%!! Thank you all!!!

I highly highly recommend Blush. You won't regret one penny spent on your hair and makeup with anyone at Blush. They made each of us look so beautiful, were so fun and easy to work with, and were extremely professional and wonderful.