Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists Reviews

Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists 6
Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists 7
  • Nancy

Nancy Stoms · Getting married on 02/04/2021

Wendy will make all of your makeup dreams come true!

Wendy is the absolute BEST. From the beginning, I felt like she completely understood the look I was going for. She nailed it on my first (and only) makeup trial. She absorbed the info I gave her, some of it specific and some vague, to create the most amazing makeup for my wedding. My bridesmaids loved her, she was so fun and entertaining in the bridal suite. She fit in perfectly and helped create a fun vibe for our bridal suite. She made me feel so beautiful and elegant. If I were local, I would have Wendy do my makeup any chance I got. She is a very, very talented artist and I know you will not regret going with her for your makeup needs. Communicating with her was such an easy process and very simple. If you want your makeup to be flawless, go with Wendy.

Sent on 05/09/2019
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Paquin · Getting married on 12/10/2019

Talented and Fun

Wendy and her crew are hands down the best choice you can make for your wedding beauty needs. They are perfect professionals and experts at their craft. My girls and I had the best time getting ready for the wedding with her team, as they are an absolute blast to hang out with. In addition to this, they were able to listen to everyone’s beauty needs and fulfill them perfectly. I highly recommend.

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Smith · Married on 09/14/2019

Helped in a pinch

I originally went to a different makeup artist that was well reviewed. My experience was awful as the makeup job was horrible (I could have done better myself and I no nothing about makeup). So with only a few weeks till my wedding I was scrambling for a new makeup artist. This site caught my attention as they said they used traditional makeup, not airbrush, which is exactly what I wanted. I reached out to Wendy & to my great surprise, she was able to fit me in. My makeup artist, Talicia, was friendly and crazy knowledgeable about makeup. Talicia helped me even though she had an appointment before & after me. I received so many compliments on her makeup job & the lady at the wedding venue said she'd never seen such good makeup on any bride. I highly recommend this business for the use of traditional makeup, the expertise of Talicia, and the willingness of both Wendy & Talicia to find a spot for me at the last moment!

Sent on 09/16/2019
  • Alice

Alice Langrall · Married on 07/06/2019

Mom and I were Thrilled!

I was absolutely thrilled with my makeup by Christie and loved every minute of the process. She is so incredibly talented and made me feel relaxed and confident on my wedding day. Her experience, knowledge, and artistry are matched by her joyful, calming presence. I love how my makeup looked and my mom loved her look as well! Thanks, Blush!

Sent on 07/09/2019

Shilpa Hegde · Married on 05/18/2019

Wendy was wonderful to work with and I loved my wedding day look!

Wendy did my make-up for my wedding in March and was incredible. She was so easy to work with -- very responsive, flexible, everything you could possibly want in a wedding vendor. She took the time to understand what kind of look I was going for and I could not have been more pleased with the results. Could not recommend Wendy more highly.

Sent on 04/02/2019
  • Jordan

Jordan · Married on 05/04/2019

Great experience!

Wendy was so great to work with for my bridal portraits and for my wedding day. She listened to what I was looking for and made me feel so amazing in my make up! I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 11/24/2018

Beautiful Day

Amanda and Christie were exactly what I needed for my wedding day. They were fun, patient, and we all looked amazing. It was a relaxing morning getting ready, and they were a huge part of what made that happen!

Sent on 12/02/2018
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 10/20/2018

Beautiful work

Christy did my makeup and that of my mother, sister, and both my mother and sister in laws to be. She also did lashes for two girlfriends. Christy did a fantastic job of enhancing natural beauty without overdoing it which was really important to me. Everyone’s makeup looked fantastic and Christie was on time, efficient, friendly, and knowledgeable!

Sent on 11/03/2018

Toni Law · Married on 10/17/2018

Fun, informative and wonderful experience!

Wendy not only did a fabulous makeover for our group of "golden girls" but she professionally and patiently explained different techniques and products to enhance our senior needs. Wendy took the time to listen to each of our expectations and anticipated outcomes. She tailored each makeup session to each individual along with detailed instructions. Wendy gave each of us a recommended affordable product list for application at home. This makeover lesson was a FUN, informative and wonderful experience. Blush Asheville is the BEST!!!!!

Sent on 10/20/2018

colleen · Married on 05/19/2018

Kristen did the makeup for myself, my mom and my four bridesmaids. She is the best! I had a trial with her almost a year earlier and she remembered all of my preferences for makeup. She was prompt with communication prior to the wedding and arrived on time on our wedding morning. She listened to everyone's preferences for makeup and made everyone feel like the most beautiful version of themselves. She was so fun to have around on the day of the wedding and made us all feel calm during a hectic time! We were done with plenty of time to spare and we looked beautiful throughout the entire evening.

Sent on 06/17/2018
    Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists 8
    Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists 9
    Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists 10
    Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists 11

Rebecca · Married on 05/04/2018

Where to start?! From the moment my sister (Matron of Honor) and I met Kristen of Blush, we clicked! My sister and I both work in the makeup/beauty industry and we decided to take the day off from doing our own makeup for my wedding after viewing the incredible photos of the work done by Wendy and Kristen! I met with Kristen the day of my rehearsal for a trial and was blown away! She is funny, professional, personable, knowledgeable, and extremely talented. She listened to exactly what I was looking for and created a look that made me feel beautiful and special. The day of my wedding was no different--she replicated the look exactly and I just love Kristen!!! Not only did Kristen make me look gorgeous, but she made me laugh a lot too--which was wonderful on such a big day! She is such a sweetheart! She made my sister, bridesmaids, and mom look incredible also--everyone was glowing and stunning! I can't wait to return to Asheville (we live out of state), I plan to have Kristen do my makeup every time I visit!!! :) :)

Sent on 04/26/2013

Amanda · Married on 04/08/2018

Wendy made me feel beautiful for my big day! She was so easy to work with and went above and drying for me!

Sent on 04/16/2018

Sally · Married on 11/04/2017

My daughter was married on November 4, 2017 in Asheville. Kristen worked her magic on our wedding party and made us all feel and look incredible. I can't say enough about how professional she was. She listened to what each woman was hoping for and then made it happen! I think all of us individually asked for 'a natural look' and somehow Kristen kept us all in our comfort zone but took it to the next level. The makeup looked amazing all night. Thank you, Kristen and Blush!

Sent on 11/10/2017

Casey · Married on 10/28/2017

I had such an amazing experience with Blush. I got married on October 28th and I can’t stop thinking about what an amazing job Jen and Amanda did with my hair and makeup. I thought that my (now) husband wouldn’t really like whatever I did, because he’s not used to seeing me with any makeup or my hair out of a ponytail, but all night he kept staring at me in amazement saying, “you look so GOOD!” It doesn’t really get any better than that. The Blush team was also very sweet to my 3 flower girls - they wove baby’s breath into their sweet little braided updos. When the 5-year-old messed her hair up a little by playing and going outside in the rain Amanda just laughed and immediately redid it. Never making her feel bad for a second. I could go on and on about how wonderful they were, but I’ll just say that if you are thinking of going with Blush Asheville - DO IT!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Hillary · Married on 09/30/2017

Absolutely amazing! Every single girl who had their makeup done that day looked amazing. They listened to what each individual wanted and did the makeup accordingly. I could not have asked for a better makeup artist

Sent on 10/04/2017

Chasen · Married on 09/28/2017

I had the BEST experience with Wendy!! She is so fun, professional, and friendly. She always responded quickly to any questions I had. She was so easy to work with and she made me look FLAWLESS. The morning of my wedding I woke up with a huge pimple on my forehead and she somehow managed to make it disappear. I am so thankful for her. I highly recommend Blush!!!! Blush is simply the best!!

Sent on 10/02/2017
    Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists 12

Sarah · Married on 09/16/2017

I don't even know where to begin...Wendy is the absolute BEST at what she does! I got married in Asheville but I was from an area outside of Charlotte. Not only did Wendy do the best makeup I have ever seen in my life she helped me with so many things in the area. She had recommendations for nails, activities, etc!

I knew I made the right decision when I booked because I received a handwritten note in the mail that welcomed me; I was so impressed!!!! She even gave me the brand new lipstick/gloss to do touch ups for later in the day. She really wants you to feel beautiful and prepared.

Now let's get to the good stuff--my makeup. When I walked down the aisle my husband literally said "WOW, you look BEAUTIFUL!! I like your makeup!" Wendy made everyone in my bridal party feel comfortable and she just knows what looks good on you. She's so laid back, friendly, and honestly a friend now!

I have gotten over a dozen compliments and comments on my wedding photos that show my makeup details. My skin looked like porcelain! I naturally even had a nice bump on my cheek--call it wedding stress! She was able to smooth my skin out and honestly I have never felt more confident and beautiful. Getting your hair done helps to make the day feel real but when she does your makeup you feel like a celebrity! You suddenly can't help but get so excited and I was all smiles that morning.

She is THE PERSON to book. This company knows what they are doing and I promise you it's the best decision you'll make regarding your wedding!

Sent on 09/13/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 08/26/2017

Wendy and Jenna Wilson, who did my hair, were both incredible. Wendy is extremely talented, and was awesome about making sure my makeup was just as I envisioned it for the big day. She also did an incredibly job on my mom and my bridesmaids, giving everyone an individual look that made them feel their most beautiful while still keeping a cohesive theme for the whole bridal party. And everyone's looks lasted through the whole night! Jenna was fantastic as well, she completely got the vibe I was going for, despite my total inability to explain it clearly, and gave everyone, including my maid of honor who had a completely badass (but not entirely conducive to a traditional updo) undercut, hair they loved. Great team for an awesome day!

Sent on 09/10/2017

Lindsey · Married on 07/22/2017

Wendy Ballance is a Rockstar Makeup Goddess! I did not have Bridesmaids so I opted to have makeup done for my Mother, Grandmother, and Mother In Law. It was important for me to have the most important women in my life feel as beautiful as I did and I can say I have never felt more beautiful in my life than I did on that day. Wendy and the girls of Blush Asheville will not disappoint--absolutely amazing!!

Sent on 09/12/2017
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 07/01/2017

Christie and the Blush team were absolutely amazing. After meeting Christie and having my trial, I was in love with how my makeup turned out. On wedding day, they truly made everyone look like a princess, but not overly done. Even through the night, after rain and dancing, we all still looked great. I cannot thank Wendy, Christie and the rest of the team for making everyone look and feel their absolute best. I cannot thank everyone enough for the beautiful work!

Sent on 07/06/2017

Kiki · Married on 06/10/2017

Kudos to Christie at Blush Asheville. She did my makeup for my wedding last weekend and wow... were we impressed. Coming from someone who only wears chapstick, I was very nervous about wearing makeup and the out come. She was able to make me not only look gorgeous, but I felt at ease and comfortable with her during the process. She helped keep me calm all while being professional and friendly. She really did a tremendous job. And with all of the girls in my bridal party. And the makeup lasted over 12 hours. I only had to reapply lip gloss. Fantastic. Truly an artist. Love love love!!!!

Sent on 06/10/2017

Jamie · Married on 05/27/2017

I have the biggest girl crush on Wendy Ballance as well as her talented artist Kristin Davis. I wanted a glam look, something I don't do everyday and she met, exceeded expectations. Kristin took my look to the next level with all her special touches. I let her take creative freedom as she knew exactly what I was going for. She made me look and feel like royalty. I got to know both ladies leading up the wedding and feel like I have two new friends. Kristin also did the make up for my daughter, my maid of honor, and she looked like a goddess. Since we are from NY we had to do a lot of our communications via email and phone. Wendy was very responsive to all my emails, texts and calls making me feel like there was no distance factor at all. Can't say enough positive things about these two women.

Sent on 09/11/2017
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 05/20/2017

Jen was amazing! My wedding day makeup looked exactly as I had envisioned it, and all of my bridesmaids looked flawless as well. Jen and Wendy were both super professional, easy to work with, and quick to answer any questions that I had. I would absolutely recommend Blush for any brides getting married in the Asheville area. Worth every penny.

Sent on 06/05/2017

Brittany · Married on 05/06/2017

Christie is an extremely talented make-up artist! She was immensely helpful during my make-up trial, and it paid off on the big day. She knew exactly what I wanted for my bridal make-up, and she extended the similar look and feel for my bridesmaids, mother and grandmother. The photos speak for themselves - she did an AMAZING job. All of our make-up stayed put throughout the entire event with a light feel that I did not even want to remove at the end of the night. Not only did she excel with the bridal/bridesmaid looks, she knew the perfect strategy to apply make-up to my mother and grandmother for a flawless finish. I felt the most beautiful I have ever felt on my big day, and I owe it to Christie. I cannot say enough about her professionalism, knowledge, and bubbly personality. A big thanks to Blush and Christie!

Sent on 05/07/2018
    Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists 17
    Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists 18
    Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists 19

Marlee · Married on 12/03/2016

Wendy did an absolutely perfect job with my rehearsal dinner and wedding makeup. I wasn't exactly sure what look I wanted going in so she was patient with me while we tried a couple of different looks. By the end of the weekend, I truly felt like I gained a friend in her. Her skills are top-notch - this is a very important piece of the wedding day and she made me feel beautiful the entire day.

Sent on 02/15/2017