Blumengarten Florist Reviews

63 | Pittsburgh, PA

63 Reviews for Blumengarten Florist

63 Blumengarten Florist Reviews

Anna Wiles · Married on 10/20/2018

Everything we asked for- and more!

My husband and I really wanted something minimalistic, chic and clean for our wedding. Jim and his team were amazing! Since we don't know much about flowers and greens, they helped us by suggesting the best options to fulfill our vision. Originally we had thought we wanted full garlands of eucalyptus to wind around the candles that we wanted to be the focal point of our table settings. Jim was so helpful, telling us that if his team hand placed all of the greens on the table it would be more appealing, appear more full and just a better option so that it would incorporate the candles instead of just sitting around them- I really appreciate a vendor that will take my vision and suggest improvements since I'm not a professional. As for my bouquet- WOW. I really wanted something unique and I could only explain the vision in my head-and THEY DELIVERED. I was presented with a bouquet of beautiful light pink HUGE garden roses that were strategically and intricately placed in order to stand apart from one another but just look like I had picked up a bushel of roses right out of the garden. I was blown away. The communication was effortless and clear- something I appreciated since I planned my entire wedding myself. They were very accommodating (and early!) with delivery and set up time for the wedding. They really blew us away. Thank you for everything!

Amanda Jacobson · Married on 10/14/2018

Beautiful flowers and an excellent experience

Blumengarten's provided stunning fall flowers for our wedding, including bouquets and boutonnieres, table arrangements, and flowers for our chuppah. They made the process of choosing flowers and greenery simple and straightforward and provided both excellent service and beautiful flowers that made our day that much more special!

Kate · Married on 10/06/2018

Blumengarten recently did the flowers for my wedding and they did a great job! Sherry helped pick out the flowers with vague direction from us, and everything turned out beautifully. They also communicated very well!

Kaitlyn · Married on 08/18/2018

The flowers were absolutely beatiful and the service and delivery was excellent.

Parva · Married on 08/18/2018

We had a wonderful experience. Everyone was extremely helpful and kind. Thank you so much for the beautiful flowers and bringing out vision to life!

Lauren · Married on 05/27/2018

Blumengartens did an amazing job with our wedding flowers! I only wanted to spend around $1000 all together on my flowers for the wedding and they were able to show me what I could get for that price and actually even kept it under that price! I was able to get centerpieces for all of my tables as well as 6 bridesmaids bouquets and my bouquets. I chose to pick up my flowers because I didn’t want to pay an extra delivery fee and they were very professional and timely with my order. I arrived two days before my wedding and they had everything ready to go for me and gave me instructions on how to keep them alive until the wedding. Everything looked perfect on the day of the wedding. I’d definitely recommend them!

Emily · Married on 05/19/2018

Blumengarten did a great job on our wedding flowers - Sherry was very easy to work with and all of the flowers were beautiful! We received many compliments on the beautiful bright colors. :)

Sent on 06/17/2018

Blumengarten Florist's reply:

Thank you, Emily! We enjoyed working with you and designing with such colorful flowers!

Jillian · Married on 10/06/2017

I can not even begin to explain how wonderful Jim Ludwig's Blumengarten was for my 11/25/17 wedding!! In the early stages of planning my wedding, I had an very unpleasant initial consultation with a different local florist that left me quite discouraged about my wedding flowers. But after reading positive reviews of Jim Ludwig's, I decided to make an appointment with them. From the moment I sat down with Bob to discuss my wedding vision and my budget, he totally understood my style, he intently listened to all of my requests (I was extremely particular!), he was so sweet and kindhearted, and he was extremely creative and professional. He was able to answer every single question I had about my wedding flowers and was even able to give me excellent suggestions of how we could stay within my budget but also maintain the "look" I wanted for my wedding flowers. Bob even gave me and my mom a tour of their facility - we were so excited to see their huge walk-in refrigerator with hundreds and hundreds of the most beautiful flowers inside! I left our initial consultation with Bob feeling so confident that my flowers would be beautiful and within my budget, and that Jim Ludwig's would take great care of me. Bob and the entire staff at Jim Ludwig's answered every one of my calls and emails promptly and with such kindness - they really went the extra mile during my wedding planning to make sure I had zero concerns about my flowers. Bob even did a mockup of my reception centerpieces a few months before our wedding so that I could see exactly what our centerpieces would look like. For my wedding, they did my bridal bouquet, bridesmaids' bouquets, flower girl bouquets, boutonnieres, ceremony arrangements, reception centerpieces, and other reception arrangements - all of the florals were absolutely beautiful and were exactly what I wanted. I didn't think it was possible to have such beautiful flowers with my budget, but that's exactly what Jim Ludwig's Blumengarten delivered!

Blumengarten Florist 1
    Blumengarten Florist 6
    Blumengarten Florist 7
    Blumengarten Florist 8

Jennifer · Married on 09/15/2017

From my first encounter over the phone with Sherry until the flowers were delivered on my wedding day, everything went so smoothly and the staff were very professional. I came in with a unique vision for all my bridesmaids and to have different flowers but the same colors and they worked so well to help achieve exactly what I wanted. When a hurricane threatened to change the delivery of my flowers a few days before the wedding, the staff contacted me and kept me updated without panic. They assured me I would have the highest quality and beautiful flowers, they were correct! The delivery the day of the wedding was on time and super friendly. He didn’t leave until everyone was settled and taken care of. Highly recommended!!

Blumengarten Florist 9
    Blumengarten Florist 10

Katie · Married on 07/15/2017

Blumengarten was wonderful!! At my consultation, I explained what I wanted and they captured my style perfectly! I would say an idea, and they would expand and make it better than I could imagine! I had emailed back and forth several times making changes to my order and they accommodated each request. On the day of the wedding, the delivery man was on time (he was even early!!) and was so friendly! They set up everything perfectly. The flowers exceeded every expectation! The bouquets were beautiful and the centerpieces were stunning. If you are looking for beautiful flowers for your wedding day, look no further! I cannot say enough great things!

Mimi · Married on 06/10/2017

Jim and his brother were so nice! I mainly emailed with Sherry, who through email came off as intimidating but was really nice! I'm Type A/OCD, and they weren't able to give me the timeline of when they'd be there as long before my wedding day as I had wanted, but they did give plenty of notice and all was fine! I had flowers delivered to two locations and logistics went completely well! They were very transparent about costs and always gave me the most up-to-date invoices (and I changed a few things throughout our engagement!). I loved my bouquet, and the bridesmaids' were perfect! We also had a few arrangements at the church, bouquet for Mary, boutonnieres, flowers on a comb for my mom and sisters, a nosegay for my mother-in-law, and corsages for the grandmas. At the reception, I had only wanted cake flowers, but then a month and a half before the wedding decided I wanted a few delicate flowers to be placed in wine bottles I provided at every table. They were so accommodating about the late addition, which was elegant and a lot more affordable than traditional table arrangements. Overall beautiful product, on time, at good cost, with great ownership and employees! Wouldn't have had it any other way!

• User6996410 · 1+ year ago

Everyone I spoke to at Blumengarten was kind and easy to deal with. I met with Sherry and laid out a basic plan which I adjusted a few times. They made these adjustments with no complaints. The flowers arrived fresh and beautiful. They personally delivered each boutonniere and corsage. The bouquets were also delivered to myself and my bridesmaids still in water. They trimmed the stems, dried them and personally handed them to each of us. The customer service was extraordinary! And on New Years Eve! They also did our centerpieces which were beautiful! The wedding was 3 weeks ago now and I still keep getting text photos from guests showing me that the centerpieces they took home and still alive and gorgeous. I highly recommend them.

Rachel · Married on 10/22/2016

We were absolutely thrilled with how our flowers turned out. They were stunning, and exactly what I had wanted! During the process of planning the wedding, I probably called them 3 different times to change the flowers, and they were accommodating and patient with me every time. I provided pictures of the vision I had and let them know my budget, and were able to suggest flowers that would stay within our budget and still give us the look we wanted. I couldn't have been happier - seriously, I will remember our beautiful flowers forever.

Jeni · Married on 08/06/2016

Blumengarten took phone calls and questions every time I had one, and were happy to make PERFECT suggestions. I am over the moon happy with the bouquets that we ordered. They were breathtaking and made my day absolutely perfect. THANK YOU!

• Anne

Anne · Married on 07/30/2016

My daughter and I met with Sherry for our consultation. She listened carefully to our ideas and was so helpful in suggesting flowers that would fit with both the look we wanted and our budget. We ordered bouquets, bouts, wrist corsages for the oms and grandmothers, and arrangements for the ceremony area. Sherry was very flexible and made several changes to the order at our request. We also ordered bulk flowers which I picked up and arranged in Mason jars myself for the centerpieces--- this saved us quite a bit of money. Everything looked gorgeous. We were especially impressed with the ceremony arrangements which were huge and full of flowers--- much more than we expected for the price we paid. Highly recommended.

Emily · Married on 07/01/2016

I highly recommend this florist. My bridesmaids and I did our own flowers (centerpieces, bouquets, and boutonnieres) for my July 1, 2016 wedding, and ordered all the flowers site unseen from Jim’s Blumengarten. I spoke with their staff over the phone, explained what we were looking for, and just trusted that everything would be beautiful. The flowers we received more than exceeded my expectations: 300 of the most beautiful roses (plus 75 stems of white hypericum berries) I’ve ever seen, in exactly the right shades I’d requested. The prices were better than online wholesalers, I was able to pick them up the day before the wedding, and didn’t have to do anything to them other than give them a fresh cut and keep them in water until later that evening when we started arranging them. The whole process was easier and cheaper than buying them online, and I was able to support a local merchant (plus have stunning flowers on my wedding day). If you’re thinking about buying online, don’t waste your time and money. Jim’s Blumengarten is the way to go.

Heather · Married on 06/04/2016

Blumengarten did an amazing job with the flowers for our wedding. I worked with Bob throughout the process, and he was very helpful with adding to my ideas. The bouquets were beautiful, and the arrangement they made for our arbor was absolutely gorgeous - it was better than I had imagined! Their prices were very reasonable, they accommodated the changes I made throughout the process, and they delivered and set up on time. I couldn't be happier with my flowers from the day.

Langston · Married on 10/24/2015

I had such a great experience with Blumengarten. From the personalized service that Sherry gave both over the phone and then in multiple emails. She was always understanding, helpful, and full of information to help guide me (a flower novice). I'm not sure who called for last minute check ins and questions but he was very pleasant and I really felt like he wanted me to have the best wedding. And I did.

I also asked for ribbons to trail down from the bouquets and I was really unsure of how it would turn out. But I could not be HAPPIER with how it turned out. They were beautiful, far better than the pictures I sent for reference.

Overall I couldn't be happier the service. Would recommend them to everyone in the area.

Kaitlin · Married on 09/19/2015

Best value flowers! Great looking flowers, top notch professionalism, and reasonable prices. Highly recommend.

I did DIY bulk flowers, which you can email about. You have to arrange yourself, but it is extremely affordable! I got all the flowers for my wedding (bouquets, boutonnieres, centerpieces, etc.) all for $200. The flowers are fresh and beautiful and lasted. The email contact I had was also very pleasant and helpful.

Leigh Anne · Married on 07/25/2015

Jim and Sherry did an incredible job with the flowers for our wedding. They were professional, courteous, and efficient throughout the whole process and were able to help navigate a last-minute change in the flowers that were received differing from what was ordered. Their communication was excellent and the end result was phenomenal. My bouquet and the bridesmaids' bouquets were so vibrant and so perfectly composed. Would absolutely trust them to compose arrangements for any occasion, particularly weddings. Superb!

Worked with Sherry to design our floral arrangements and bouquets - she was very easy to work with and understood my vision/offered great ideas/alternatives. The flowers were all delivered on time the day of our wedding and were absolutely gorgeous! Had a ton of compliments from guests (and from friends who saw pictures but didn't attend the wedding) especially on the tall centerpieces. Overall a great florist to work with and everything went very smoothly during the 9+ months we were in contract.

They provided flowers for my wedding at the end of May at Phipps Conservatory and they did a fantastic job. Compared to many other florists I looked at downtown the prices were very reasonable. The staff I worked with (specifically Sherry) had wonderful suggestions and tips for how to keep the flowers simple with the gorgeous flowers we already had at Phipps. Everything was seamless the day of the wedding and the flowers were beautiful. Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/29/2015

Blumengarten Florist's reply:

It was a pleasure working with you! We're so glad to hear that you were pleased. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Amazing quality flower arrangements. They provided everything we needed and did an excellent job.

Jim and his team provided the flowers for my April 18 wedding at the LeMont, and they were absolutely beautiful! Jim sat down with me to review the different flower types and create arrangements that were within my budget. The flowers were gorgeous upon arrival and they're still looking great several days later!