55 Reviews for Blumengarten Florist

Wholesale/Bulk (2)
Aisle Decor (1)
Chuppah Decor (1)
55 Blumengarten Florist Reviews

I can not even begin to explain how wonderful Jim Ludwig's Blumengarten was for my 11/25/17 wedding!! In the early stages of planning my wedding, I had an very unpleasant initial consultation with a different local florist that left me quite discouraged about my wedding flowers. But after reading positive reviews of Jim Ludwig's, I decided to make an appointment with them. From the moment I sat down with Bob to discuss my wedding vision and my budget, he totally understood my style, he intently listened to all of my requests (I was extremely particular!), he was so sweet and kindhearted, and he was extremely creative and professional. He was able to answer every single question I had about my wedding flowers and was even able to give me excellent suggestions of how we could stay within my budget but also maintain the "look" I wanted for my wedding flowers. Bob even gave me and my mom a tour of their facility - we were so excited to see their huge walk-in refrigerator with hundreds and hundreds of the most beautiful flowers inside! I left our initial consultation with Bob feeling so confident that my flowers would be beautiful and within my budget, and that Jim Ludwig's would take great care of me. Bob and the entire staff at Jim Ludwig's answered every one of my calls and emails promptly and with such kindness - they really went the extra mile during my wedding planning to make sure I had zero concerns about my flowers. Bob even did a mockup of my reception centerpieces a few months before our wedding so that I could see exactly what our centerpieces would look like. For my wedding, they did my bridal bouquet, bridesmaids' bouquets, flower girl bouquets, boutonnieres, ceremony arrangements, reception centerpieces, and other reception arrangements - all of the florals were absolutely beautiful and were exactly what I wanted. I didn't think it was possible to have such beautiful flowers with my budget, but that's exactly what Jim Ludwig's Blumengarten delivered!

Photos
Profile Picture Jillian, 10/6/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up

From my first encounter over the phone with Sherry until the flowers were delivered on my wedding day, everything went so smoothly and the staff were very professional. I came in with a unique vision for all my bridesmaids and to have different flowers but the same colors and they worked so well to help achieve exactly what I wanted. When a hurricane threatened to change the delivery of my flowers a few days before the wedding, the staff contacted me and kept me updated without panic. They assured me I would have the highest quality and beautiful flowers, they were correct! The delivery the day of the wedding was on time and super friendly. He didn’t leave until everyone was settled and taken care of. Highly recommended!!

Photo for Blumengarten Florist Review - Bride + bridesmaid’s bouquets
Photo for Blumengarten Florist Review - Bride’s bouquet
Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/15/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Bouquets, Consultations, Delivery

Sherry was very easy to work with, even though I planned my Pittsburgh wedding from afar. After a quick call and emailing a few photos of what I wanted, she understood my style, budget, and goals. When I confessed my lack of knowledge on all things floral, she took the lead and made some suggestions, patiently. She put together an estimate and description of what she'd do for us incredibly quickly. When I was later able to come into town and swing by in person, Sherry met with me to update my proposal and work in some of the flowers I preferred. She was very knowledgeable about what works and what doesn't, logistically speaking, for flowers.

Delivery went off without a hitch, even earlier than we expected. My bouquet was gorgeous and the bulk flowers I bought for centerpieces worked out perfectly. The only glitch was that I requested wrist corsages for the mothers and pin-ons for the grandmothers. I received all wrist ones, but we solved that in just a few minutes by cutting off the elastic and using a safety pin. Voila, problem solved and no one was the wiser. The price was right, and I'd certainly work with Jim Ludwig's Blumengarten again.

Profile Picture Katie, 8/26/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Single Flowers, Consultations, Delivery, Wholesale/Bulk

Blumengarten was wonderful!! At my consultation, I explained what I wanted and they captured my style perfectly! I would say an idea, and they would expand and make it better than I could imagine! I had emailed back and forth several times making changes to my order and they accommodated each request. On the day of the wedding, the delivery man was on time (he was even early!!) and was so friendly! They set up everything perfectly. The flowers exceeded every expectation! The bouquets were beautiful and the centerpieces were stunning. If you are looking for beautiful flowers for your wedding day, look no further! I cannot say enough great things!

Profile Picture Katie, 7/15/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Wholesale/Bulk, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements

Jim and his brother were so nice! I mainly emailed with Sherry, who through email came off as intimidating but was really nice! I'm Type A/OCD, and they weren't able to give me the timeline of when they'd be there as long before my wedding day as I had wanted, but they did give plenty of notice and all was fine! I had flowers delivered to two locations and logistics went completely well! They were very transparent about costs and always gave me the most up-to-date invoices (and I changed a few things throughout our engagement!). I loved my bouquet, and the bridesmaids' were perfect! We also had a few arrangements at the church, bouquet for Mary, boutonnieres, flowers on a comb for my mom and sisters, a nosegay for my mother-in-law, and corsages for the grandmas. At the reception, I had only wanted cake flowers, but then a month and a half before the wedding decided I wanted a few delicate flowers to be placed in wine bottles I provided at every table. They were so accommodating about the late addition, which was elegant and a lot more affordable than traditional table arrangements. Overall beautiful product, on time, at good cost, with great ownership and employees! Wouldn't have had it any other way!

Profile Picture Mimi, 6/10/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements

Blumengarten provided the bouquets, boutonnieres, altar arrangements, and centerpieces for my wedding. They did a great job of making sure all the flowers were delivered on-time and in good shape. The only issue was the the junior bridesmaid bouquet started wilting toward the end of the ceremony (more due to the flower choices) and they forgot a small flower ball we had requested for the flower girl (which they refunded us the cost of!). Overall, our experience with them was highly positive and the downsides were mainly due to them being busy for Mother's Day weekend.

Profile Picture Alex, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Everyone I spoke to at Blumengarten was kind and easy to deal with. I met with Sherry and laid out a basic plan which I adjusted a few times. They made these adjustments with no complaints. The flowers arrived fresh and beautiful. They personally delivered each boutonniere and corsage. The bouquets were also delivered to myself and my bridesmaids still in water. They trimmed the stems, dried them and personally handed them to each of us. The customer service was extraordinary! And on New Years Eve! They also did our centerpieces which were beautiful! The wedding was 3 weeks ago now and I still keep getting text photos from guests showing me that the centerpieces they took home and still alive and gorgeous. I highly recommend them.

Profile Picture User6996410, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements

We were absolutely thrilled with how our flowers turned out. They were stunning, and exactly what I had wanted! During the process of planning the wedding, I probably called them 3 different times to change the flowers, and they were accommodating and patient with me every time. I provided pictures of the vision I had and let them know my budget, and were able to suggest flowers that would stay within our budget and still give us the look we wanted. I couldn't have been happier - seriously, I will remember our beautiful flowers forever.

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/22/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Blumengarten took phone calls and questions every time I had one, and were happy to make PERFECT suggestions. I am over the moon happy with the bouquets that we ordered. They were breathtaking and made my day absolutely perfect. THANK YOU!

Profile Picture Jeni, 8/6/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Single Flowers, Delivery

My daughter and I met with Sherry for our consultation. She listened carefully to our ideas and was so helpful in suggesting flowers that would fit with both the look we wanted and our budget. We ordered bouquets, bouts, wrist corsages for the oms and grandmothers, and arrangements for the ceremony area. Sherry was very flexible and made several changes to the order at our request. We also ordered bulk flowers which I picked up and arranged in Mason jars myself for the centerpieces--- this saved us quite a bit of money. Everything looked gorgeous. We were especially impressed with the ceremony arrangements which were huge and full of flowers--- much more than we expected for the price we paid. Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Anne, 7/30/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Single Flowers, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up

I highly recommend this florist. My bridesmaids and I did our own flowers (centerpieces, bouquets, and boutonnieres) for my July 1, 2016 wedding, and ordered all the flowers site unseen from Jim’s Blumengarten. I spoke with their staff over the phone, explained what we were looking for, and just trusted that everything would be beautiful. The flowers we received more than exceeded my expectations: 300 of the most beautiful roses (plus 75 stems of white hypericum berries) I’ve ever seen, in exactly the right shades I’d requested. The prices were better than online wholesalers, I was able to pick them up the day before the wedding, and didn’t have to do anything to them other than give them a fresh cut and keep them in water until later that evening when we started arranging them. The whole process was easier and cheaper than buying them online, and I was able to support a local merchant (plus have stunning flowers on my wedding day). If you’re thinking about buying online, don’t waste your time and money. Jim’s Blumengarten is the way to go.

Profile Picture User6511834, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Single Flowers

Blumengarten did an amazing job with the flowers for our wedding. I worked with Bob throughout the process, and he was very helpful with adding to my ideas. The bouquets were beautiful, and the arrangement they made for our arbor was absolutely gorgeous - it was better than I had imagined! Their prices were very reasonable, they accommodated the changes I made throughout the process, and they delivered and set up on time. I couldn't be happier with my flowers from the day.

Profile Picture Heather, 6/4/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Flower Petals, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up

I had such a great experience with Blumengarten. From the personalized service that Sherry gave both over the phone and then in multiple emails. She was always understanding, helpful, and full of information to help guide me (a flower novice). I'm not sure who called for last minute check ins and questions but he was very pleasant and I really felt like he wanted me to have the best wedding. And I did.

I also asked for ribbons to trail down from the bouquets and I was really unsure of how it would turn out. But I could not be HAPPIER with how it turned out. They were beautiful, far better than the pictures I sent for reference.

Overall I couldn't be happier the service. Would recommend them to everyone in the area.

Profile Picture Langston, 10/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Best value flowers! Great looking flowers, top notch professionalism, and reasonable prices. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 9/19/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I did DIY bulk flowers, which you can email about. You have to arrange yourself, but it is extremely affordable! I got all the flowers for my wedding (bouquets, boutonnieres, centerpieces, etc.) all for $200. The flowers are fresh and beautiful and lasted. The email contact I had was also very pleasant and helpful.

Profile Picture User5443820, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
4.2

The Blumengarten florist provided all of the bridal party flowers, as well as the reception hall decoration flowers. They were really easy to work with. The bouquets and flower arrangements were really nice and reasonably priced. The reason for the quality of service to be rated low is that I was pretty upset that the flower petals we had ordered that were placed on half of the guest tables and the cake table were very wilted and were an eye sore. It is not nice to see wilted petals in all of my cake cutting photos.

Profile Picture Jen, 8/22/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Jim and Sherry did an incredible job with the flowers for our wedding. They were professional, courteous, and efficient throughout the whole process and were able to help navigate a last-minute change in the flowers that were received differing from what was ordered. Their communication was excellent and the end result was phenomenal. My bouquet and the bridesmaids' bouquets were so vibrant and so perfectly composed. Would absolutely trust them to compose arrangements for any occasion, particularly weddings. Superb!

Profile Picture Leigh Anne, 7/25/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Worked with Sherry to design our floral arrangements and bouquets - she was very easy to work with and understood my vision/offered great ideas/alternatives. The flowers were all delivered on time the day of our wedding and were absolutely gorgeous! Had a ton of compliments from guests (and from friends who saw pictures but didn't attend the wedding) especially on the tall centerpieces. Overall a great florist to work with and everything went very smoothly during the 9+ months we were in contract.

Profile Picture User5363568, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
4.1

Blumengarten did the flowers for our wedding at the Pittsburgh Golf Club. Flowers were not a top priority of ours, so we requested simple arrangements on the tables in vintage vases that we provided, and a larger arrangement on the mantle for our ceremony. Sherry was helpful to consult with in the planning stages and quick to respond. The flowers themselves were fine -- neither showstoppers, nor subpar. I would have liked the mantle arrangement to have been a bit more generous/plentiful, but it was nice enough. Luckily, the Golf Club had their own plants on site, so we just supplemented with those in an impromptu decision just before the ceremony. I was a little disappointed with the day-of delivery, as the flowers arrived about an hour before the ceremony, so we weren't able to get a lot of bridal party pictures with the bouquets and boutonnieres. My now-husband ended up calling the florist at around 3pm (for our 5pm wedding) to request that the flowers arrive ASAP. Everything ultimately worked out, but the timing of the flowers were a bit of a stressor on the day of.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User3872217, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

They provided flowers for my wedding at the end of May at Phipps Conservatory and they did a fantastic job. Compared to many other florists I looked at downtown the prices were very reasonable. The staff I worked with (specifically Sherry) had wonderful suggestions and tips for how to keep the flowers simple with the gorgeous flowers we already had at Phipps. Everything was seamless the day of the wedding and the flowers were beautiful. Highly recommended!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User4399401, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Amazing quality flower arrangements. They provided everything we needed and did an excellent job.

Profile Picture User5118346, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Jim and his team provided the flowers for my April 18 wedding at the LeMont, and they were absolutely beautiful! Jim sat down with me to review the different flower types and create arrangements that were within my budget. The flowers were gorgeous upon arrival and they're still looking great several days later!

Profile Picture User5002424, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Blumengarten was wonderful to work with for our wedding. I had my consultation with Sherry who was very responsive to my questions and worked with me to lower the price when the estimate came in a little higher than originally anticipated (it was largely due to a unique piece we requested that they had only done at one other wedding). They take their flowers seriously as well as your preferences. They called me a few days before the wedding even to let me know that my light blue flowers were now only available in dark blue. They wanted to make sure I was okay with the (slight) color change and were more than willing to make a substitution. We received several compliments on the flowers at the wedding. I knew two other brides that had used them and Blumengarten has done an incredible job every time.

Profile Picture User4931541, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Blumengarten was wonderful to work with! I only had them make the bouquets for our event (bride + bridesmaids), but they made exactly what I was envisioning. They were able to do everything on short notice and delivered them on our wedding day to make things as easy as possible.

Profile Picture Roxanne, 12/27/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

These people did an amazing job! I went into flowers having no clue what I wanted but was able to come up with wintry flowers to follow my theme and it included many different accents such as berries, pine cones, etc. I couldn't have dreamed up better flowers for our wedding! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Megan, 12/6/14, 4 Reviews