Bluewater Grill Reviews

Bluewater Grill 6
Bluewater Grill 7
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 08/18/2018

I had my Wedding a couple weeks ago and working with Vida Dye and the Bluewater Grill in Redondo Beach was a great experience! Vida Dye is their Events coordinator and she is very detailed and hands on when it came to help plan and organize my Wedding Reception. I had multiple special requests ( custom wine shipments, classic car and photobus, the In-N-Out truck/trailer, vegetarian needs etc) for my Wedding and Vida made it all happen and I didn't have any worries. Connecting with her with our multiple meetings or email correspondences went really smooth. I highly recommend this venue for the location, service, views, and value. My family had an amazing time!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Michele · Married on 02/10/2018

We recently had our wedding reception at The Bluewater Grill upstairs in the Avalon room. We LOVED the views of the ocean and boats, the style of the room, and the staff was excellent! Vida is great and always made us feel at ease. She is a real pro, and led us in creating the BEST party we have ever had! Diego Hellewell from Vox DJ’s was a gem. The food was excellent, and all of our guests said that it was the BEST wedding they had ever attended. I HIGHLY recommend this venue for its charm, value, ease, and professionalism. Cheers to Vida and The Bluewater Grill staff!

Sent on 03/04/2018
    Bluewater Grill 12
    Bluewater Grill 13
    Bluewater Grill 14

Linda · Married on 09/02/2017

I'm so happy we found Bluewater Grill for our wedding. Vida the event coordinator did an outstanding job. I'm so grateful for her and it was great working with her from beginning to end. She and the staff were so kind, helpful and professional. The food looked and taste delicious. We had our ceremony downstairs and reception upstairs with a beautiful sunset. There are also great wedding photo opportunities within walking distance we walked back to the rocks and drove about two minutes to the cove for beach pictures. I recommend this venue not only for the quality but for great customer service.

Sent on 11/02/2017
    Bluewater Grill 15
    Bluewater Grill 16
    Bluewater Grill 17

Hannah · Married on 06/10/2017

Be open to suggestions! Vida was amazing and gave suggestions and was so helpful! She worked with us and was positive and pleasant!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Dana · Married on 10/04/2014

Bluewater was an absolute fantastic, local location to host our wedding. We have nothing but good memories and experiences when working with the event coordinator, Vida Dye. She was amazing.

First off, the location is fabulous. Overlooking harbor views and a private upstairs venue has the yacht club / boater's feel that my husband and I were looking for. Second, the food was fantastic. That is the plus side of getting married at a restaurant. From the sirloin, swordfish and chicken, the food was spot on, which is rare at most weddings. We received copious compliments. Also - the food prices were competitive and enabled us enough in our budget to host an open bar, which was important to us at the wedding.

I highly recommend Bluewater as a wedding venue. I have nothing but amazing memories and wish the big day wasn't over so we could do it again. It is a hidden gem in a sea of overpriced wedding venues and stuffy south bay locations. I am so happy we found this place.

Sent on 10/21/2014

Herlyn · Married on 11/05/2011

Wonderful Staff, great location and sunset view!

Sent on 12/05/2011

KT · Married on 08/26/2011

We LOVED working with Vida and hosting our casual wedding reception here. Everyone had a great time, the staff was incredible, and the prices very reasonable. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/01/2011

Ben · Married on 05/14/2011

Bluewater grill was a fantastic venue for our wedding reception. The food was outstanding - several of our guests came back to the restaurant the next weekend because they enjoyed it so much. Vida (event coordinator) was extremely quick to respond, informative, and accommodating. We were able to have a band and party all night. The venue let us decorate early and stay late. On top of that, the staff during the reception couldn't have been more friendly or helpful. Great Great experience.

Sent on 06/15/2011

Steven · Married on 02/27/2011

Everyone should be so lucky to have had the experience my wife and I had at our reception, and we owe it all to Vida, Deanna and Robert at the Bluewater Grill Redondo Beach. From the care and concern for our big day to go perfect, to the ambience of the room, the incredible professionalism of the staff and of course the food! Chef Graham made sure that each piece of salmon, chicken and filet mignon were cooked absolutely perfect! Not to sound cheesy, but seriously look no further, this is the place to have your most important day! Thank you again! Steven and Miriam

Sent on 06/14/2011

Rachel · Married on 01/09/2010

The food was AMAZING! Very professional service too! Definitely the best food for the price. We were able to stay on budget and fed our guests the best.
    Vida, the coordinator from Bluewater Grill was great! She had an amazing amount of knowlege about weddings and all the planning. She was incredibly patient with me, as I asked a million questions about the big day! We were able to rent the Avalon room, which has large windows overlooking the ocean. The decor at first may seem a bit dull, but we were able to decorate (within limits) and really make the place into a beautiful, bright reception!! Vida was also willing to help out with set up any way she could. It will take some foot work to decorate, but it was incredibly worth it. In the end we had a perfect reception that ended with a picture perfect sunset over the ocean.

Sent on 07/10/2010
  • bonbon

bonnie · Married on 12/19/2009

If you are getting married in South Bay & your guest count is between 70-110 guests, I would seriously urge you to use The Avalon Room @ The Bluewater Grill. Vida is the coordinator & she really makes the venue great. I don't think she ever told me "No" and was so willing to help with ideas & timelines- she truly is an expert w/party planning-utilize her help! I was looking into paying $700-800 for a "Day-Of" coordinator, which I was only going to be able to use during the reception, and when I was talking everything over with Vida she was very honest & told me to save my money & that she would take care of pretty much all the duties the Day Of coordinator would @ The Bluewater (ex. setting up the favors, escort cards, misc. decorations, etc.). The food was pretty darn good too! I made sure to ask many of my guests (I had 100 people @ the reception) and everyone said they really enjoyed the meal. I thought the fish was only slightly dry, but when cooking for 100 people-I feel that slightly dry fish wasn't a disaster. Also, the minimum $$ amount for the room is VERY reasonable, most parties with guests between 70-100 should be able to hit the requirement, and not go too far over. My requirement for the time of year was $4,000.00 in food & beverage (it also includes tax & gratuity). The requirement might change, but as of my wedding-that is what is was. Just note that if you are thinking of using The Bluewater, they will tell you that the room can accomodate 120 people-which it can, but if you want a dance floor & you don't want your table to feel crowded try to keep your guest count between 90-100. You will also find that seating 8-9 @ the tables is much more comfotable than 10 people @ the table.

Sent on 01/07/2010
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 10/11/2008

First rate! We enjoyed our reception in the first floor Captain's Cabin. This is a small room with a maximum count of 80. Our reception included about 57 guests. The fireplace and candles on each table caused the room to glow. Everyone loved the food. The service was exceptional. No mishaps, no complaints. Vida Dye the Event Coordinator was the nicest person I spoke with, and I spoke with a lot of reception venues. Vida was always responsive and accommodating. She even helped serve at the reception. The value for cost was fantastic. The Blue Water Grill had the lowest minimum we could find and the cost per person was extremely reasonable, especially when the food was so outstanding. I would not only recommend Vida Dye and The Blue Water Grill, I encourage you to use them. You won't regret it.

Sent on 10/27/2008

Kathleen · Married on 10/07/2017

Bluewater Grill was a very good reception location. It was a good value for the money and it was beautiful and very well done.

Sent on 10/21/2017

Sol · Married on 08/13/2011

We loved our Wedding Reception Venue @ the Bluewater Grill, our coordinator helped us on everything, the place was looking exactly the way that I wanted, super beautiful, elegant and the food was great!!!

Sent on 09/25/2011
  • Helen

Helen · Married on 11/23/2008

We are really glad we chose the Bluewater Grill for our ceremony and reception! Vida was a great coordinator, the value was amazing, and the day of our wedding was perfect! If you want a view of the harbor that doesn't have a $20k minimum, I highly suggest you check it out!

Sent on 11/29/2008