Bluemont Vineyard Reviews

Bluemont Vineyard 3
Bluemont Vineyard 4
Bluemont Vineyard 5

Natasha · Married on 10/09/2015

Bluemont Vineyard was the first and only wedding venue we looked at, and we knew right away we wanted to host our friends and family there for our October 2015 wedding. The venue is so gorgeous - from the spectacular views of the vineyard and the rolling hills to the stable with its' chandeliers and twinkling lights. From our first meeting with Debbie, I felt immediately comfortable with that decision and loved the fact that the venue, the surrounding brewery and (Great Country) farm is family owned and operated.

Amy was our assigned day of coordinator and she was nothing short of professional and awesome all at once. From the beginning, Amy had our backs - she knew exactly what we wanted and executed everything perfectly. Amy and Debbie constantly communicated with us and worked with our needs and wants. I never had to second guess any decision because Amy always said, "I'll make it work somehow."

The day of our wedding, all we had to do was show up. Amy and our amazing catering staff from Savoir Fare (Joan) took care of the decorating and bar set up. Bluemont does require you to go with their catering company, Savoir Fare, but that was not a problem. The food that Joan and her staff make is so good! You can tell Joan puts so much thought, work and heart into her cooking and my guests are still talking about our southern meal and the mac n cheese.

My husband and I highly recommend booking your wedding at Bluemont. We are very glad we did not search for other venues because nothing else will compare to the level of service and beauty Bluemont has to offer.

Sent on 01/05/2016

Natasha & John,
    We can't say enough for sharing with others your wedding experience at Bluemont Vineyard! We enjoyed working with you to execute the most memorable celebration! Looking forward to all of your future celebrated anniversaries at Bluemont Vineyard. Happy New Year!

Ryan · Married on 10/02/2015

So my first draft to tell you how wonderful Bluemont was so gushing that it surpassed the amount of characters allowed in this text box, so I'll try and keep this one a little shorter.

Honestly, I can't imagine ever getting married anywhere else but here. Debbie, Amy, and the rest of the staff could not have been friendlier nor more informed and reliable. They sat down with us and found ways to keep the wedding within our budget without compromising our vision of the big day. We lived more than an hour from the venue, but they were quick to respond to emails and phone calls. But, most importantly, they have Wonder Woman on their payroll, posing as her alter ego Jenny, the day of coordinator.
    We had an unexpected guest at our wedding in the form of Hurricane Joaquin, but Jenny quickly set us as ease, improvising on the spot to make sure everything kept running on schedule and that none of us got wet. In the end, the ceremony felt intimate and personal and we keep forgetting that it even rained that day. Jenny kept everything running smoothly and only appeared to make sure my wife and I had everything we needed. In short, she was wonderful.
    This was my favorite wedding I've ever been to, partly because it was mine. But, as many guests have told us, we weren't the only ones with this opinion. This is due in no small part to Debbie, Amy, Jenny, and the rest of the staff at Bluemont who run a tight ship in one of the most beautiful vineyards in the country. Thank you so much for making our big day wonderful, stress-free, and one of the best days of our lives, Bluemont.

Sent on 01/01/2016

Ryan & Tara,
    Happy New Year! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about Bluemont Vineyard. We wish you both the very best and look forward to seeing you in the future for may anniversary's to come!!

Bluemont was the perfect venue for our wedding. The views are beautiful and the atmosphere has a perfect rustic charm. The wine is also amazing. Our family and friends had a great time!

Sent on 01/05/2016

Bluemont Vineyard's reply:

We are grateful for your kind thoughts and comments!
  • Heather24s

Heather · Married on 09/13/2015

Bluemont Vineyard was a favorite of ours, but we had never seen The Stables (where the weddings are held). As soon as we walked through the door we knew that this was the place. Even better was the fact that they took care of pretty much everything from the food to the setup to the ceremony and they had lists of vendors for things that they didn't do (DJ, flowers, drivers etc.) One great thing is that you can definitely do minimalist flowers and decorations because the venue itself is so beautiful.

The entire event went off without a hitch. Janet (wedding planner assigned by Bluemont) was awesome. All of our guests we wowed by just the beauty of the venue itself, saying that they wanted to/wished they could have their weddings there.

Sent on 12/17/2015

Bluemont Vineyard's reply:

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Darlene · Married on 09/12/2015

Thanks to the Zurschmeide family and the staff at the Stables for a great wedding day for my daughter September 12, 2015. From the start of planning a year ago to the actual day’s events everything went unbelievably smooth. All the staff was courteous and professional. We wanted to especially thank Debbie Zurschmeide-Schoeb with the help booking, Amy Thunell for advance planning. A special thanks to Jenny McLaughlin an AMAZING day of coordinator, who made the day’s events seamless and took all the stress out so that we could just enjoy the moment. My family like most kept asking are you stressing out. My response not as much as I thought, my girl Jenny has got this!! So Thank you again for making the day as memorable as we always hoped it would be!!
    Darlene & Rick

Sent on 09/13/2015

Abigail · Married on 09/05/2015

My husband and I had an incredible planning experience and wedding day at Bluemont Vineyard. If you are looking for a vineyard wedding venue near the Loudoun County area, you will not find a more beautiful, serene, and scenic place! We really enjoyed working with Amy to plan our special day as well as our rehearsal dinner. The whole team was incredibly responsive and attentive to our needs, and offered access to a host of vendors that were familiar with the venue and incredibly professional. Several of our family and friends have told us it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to, and the photographs absolutely attest to that. My husband and I both look forward to visiting this very special place time and again in the future to re-live the memories from our perfect day over a delicious glass of Bluemont wine!

Sent on 01/03/2016

Abby & Sean,
    It was a pleasure working with you and your family for your wedding celebration. We appreciate you taking time to share your experience. We look forward to seeing you again at Bluemont for many anniversary celebrations!

Melanie · Married on 08/15/2015

Bluemont was absolutely FABULOUS! I can't say enough wonderful things about them. My advice to folks out there is to book, FAST. We booked our August 2015 wedding in April of 2014. The views are breathtaking (and worth a million bucks) and the wine is out of this world. A few things to note if you do book... you have to use Savoir Fare as your caterer. But, its a steal and it makes things much, much easier. Wonderful food & hors d'oeuvres! Our guests still rave about the food. The nicer chairs & farmhouse tables are upgrades, but you will see that for an extra price at any venue.

Debbie & Amy were super easy to work with. Amy was our day of coordinator and things went off without a hitch! Cross your fingers you're assigned to her although I'm sure all of the coordinators are fabulous! You're just extra lucky if you get her :) She is so on top of her game it's unreal. She kept the night running ahead of time and kept us in the loop about absolutely everything.

We added an extra hour on to our reception during our planning phase, so our ceremony started at 4pm & reception started at 5. I would suggest adding an extra hour because it seems to give people more time & the bridal party more time for pictures. You're allowed to get to the venue 2 hours beforehand to take pictures and enjoy the bridal suite (which is absolutely fabulous).

Overall my experience made wedding planning enjoyable and fun. If I sent an email with questions, it was returned well within 12 hours. For someone who is very type A and detail oriented, the Bluemont team didn't miss a beat.

Sent on 12/28/2015

Melanie,
    Thank you for taking time to leave your kind words about your experience with Bluemont Vineyard. We wish you the very best in the 2016 New Year!

Jillian · Married on 07/25/2015

Our wedding at Bluemont was absolutely amazing. It was everything we wanted it to be and more. Debby and Amy are amazing and so helpful. Amy knows weddings like the back of her hand and handled EVERYTHING for us. She is so professional and made the entire day run smoothly. While Bluemont may be a little more expensive than other vineyards, the fact that you get a wedding coordinator included in the pricing is such a great value. The venue is beautiful and even though it was a little hot, it was a July wedding after all, after the sun set a little it made for some break taking photos. All of our guests said it was one of the most beautiful locations they'd ever seen. We are so grateful to Bluemont for making our day beautiful!

Sent on 08/08/2015

My husband and I were so pleased with the service and staff provided by Bluemont Vineyard for our July wedding reception. In addition to the Stable being a lovely venue with a stunning view, it has an excellent staff of wedding coordinators. Amy and our day-of-coordinator, Janet, were always so responsive to my emails and really helped put me at ease during our planning meetings. The day of the event, Janet and the staff worked very hard setting up all my decorations and really made my vision for the wedding come to life. The evening ran seamlessly and I received so many compliments from guests about the staff for being so helpful and attentive. I could not have asked for a more positive experience. My husband and I loved our wedding and I can't imagine having had it at a different location. We would highly recommend Bluemont for any bride and groom that want a vineyard wedding.

Sent on 07/28/2015

Bekah · Married on 06/21/2015

There are not enough words to express our gratitude to the staff at the Stable at Bluemont Vineyard. When we first arrived for a tour with Debby, we knew we had found our wedding location. Debby was so inviting and organized, and of course the landscape is just beautiful. After booking they provided us with a timeline to help keep us organized throughout the planning. We set up a tasting with Joan at Savoir Fare (which was amazing), had our planning meetings with our planner and day of coordinator Amy, followed by our wine tasting at the cellar. Amy was so helpful. She allowed us the freedom of not worrying about anything. She was professional, organized, and great at giving just the right advice we needed. On the day of the wedding, the service was impeccable. It ended up being so hot, but ice cold water and hors d'oeuvres were waiting for us as we exited the ceremony. In addition to that, if anything at all didn't go as planned I had no idea. Amy handled everything for us. It was amazing, and we feel so blessed to have found Bluemont Vineyard. We will be back for more wine!

Sent on 07/14/2015

Lynn · Married on 05/24/2015

Cannot thank Debbie, Kate and especially Amy enough for helping us to throw a simply beautiful wedding at Bluemont. The whole process from start to finish was well organized and the communication was first class. Most of all, it was just so great to know that they really cared about us as people and were invested in us and in our event going off smoothly and perfectly - as it did. My daughter's wedding was truly a day to remember and we are so very glad that we chose Bluemont as our venue. Thanks so much guys, you rock!!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Samantha · Married on 05/09/2015

I did not have to worry about a thing when it came to my rehearsal dinner or wedding at Bluemont's facilities. The staff went above and beyond to make sure we had a weekend we would never forget. Amy, our day of coordinator, was very responsive leading up to the wedding and was super helpful to not just me and my husband, but also our families. She wanted to make sure that everyone was taken care of.

Sent on 06/22/2015

Alla · Married on 04/26/2015

Very flexible and very understanding

Sent on 06/21/2015

My husband and I were married at The Stable at Bluemont in April. The setting is absolutely gorgeous. Although we had our own wedding planner, Bluemont also provided an on-site coordinator, Amy, who helped us organize details such as the room set-up, linens, ceiling draping, etc. Amy was also present during our rehearsal and on the day of our wedding, working with our planner to make sure everything went off without a hitch!

Our ceremony was supposed to be outside, but it started raining literally 2 minutes before we were going to begin. The staff quickly brought our flower arrangements inside and communicated the rain plan to our guests. For the rain plan, my father and I emerged from the bridal suite (on the 2nd floor) and made a grand entrance down the stairs, as our wedding guests formed a human aisle which lead from the foot of the stairs to the side door of the Stable. Just outside the doors is a large covered porch, and some some steps which lead to the lawn where the ceremony was supposed to take place. My husband and I were married at the foot of the steps on the back porch, with our family and friends standing on the large porch behind us. Our ceremony was beautiful and intimate with our family and friends close by.

The reception was fantastic--the space was beautifully decorated, the dance floor was large and conveniently close to the bar, the dinner was incredibly delicious (seriously, so good!), and everyone on staff was friendly and efficient. We are still being complimented on the food and the wine we picked for the evening! Everything was so well coordinated, we had absolutely nothing to stress about all evening! We had about 100 guests at our wedding, and the Stable was the perfect size to accommodate us. I cannot think of a single negative thing to say about our experience with Bluemont Vineyard. We whole-heartedly recommend The Stable at Bluemont for your upcoming wedding!

Sent on 07/12/2015

Bluemont was amazing!! We had our ceremony and reception there and loved every minute. The place is beautiful, the space is unique, and the staff was outstanding. They has a coordinator that helped us prepare for everything, and the day went so smoothly we were able to enjoy every minute without having to worry about anything. We want to host more events there in the future!

Sent on 04/14/2015

Great location for a wedding with great food and service.

Sent on 11/07/2014

Marsha · Married on 10/25/2014

Our daughter's wedding was at The Stables at Bluemont Vineyard. The wedding was magical and the months and months of planning the event went very smoothly. The venue was spectacular; the views outside during the ceremony were breathtaking. The staff were extremely accommodating and professional. The food was amazing, more delicious than is typical at a catered affair. Working with Amy, our day of coordinator was seamless, both that evening and all the months leading up to the wedding. If anything was not perfect, we were not aware of it, because it was all taken care of by the staff.The wedding couple was looking for a venue that was rustic yet elegant. We could not have found anywhere more perfect. The tent (where the cocktail hour was held) and the Stables where we had the reception looked like something out of a fairy tale. Our guests kept remarking what an elegant, unique yet fun evening it was. I would 100% recommend Bluemont Vineyard to any couple looking for a spectacular venue to hold their wedding.

Sent on 10/29/2014

Sara · Married on 10/17/2014

What can I say about Bluemont Vineyard? Only that they helped me to plan and execute the best wedding day I could've asked for! A million thank yous to Amy Thunell and all the other Bluemont staff. Everyone was so professional and personable. They had every answer to every question and solutions for everything. I gush only because they're awesome at what they do. I am very happy with Bluemont and the beautiful wedding I had at the Stable. I will be back frequently to reminisce and enjoy their wine and beautiful view.

Sent on 01/04/2015

Lyndse · Married on 09/21/2014

Having our wedding at the Stable at Bluemont Vineyard was the easiest decision of our whole wedding process! Every person who works there is genuinely kind and thoughtful, the setting is beautiful, and it was a close location for most of our friends and family. Amy was our coordinator, and the main reason our wedding was successful. Most people don't realize how many parts and pieces are involved in wedding planning and then executing the plans on the day of - it seemed overwhelming at first! Amy kept us on track and helped us through each step, making the entire experience enjoyable. If you are looking for a venue with rustic elegance, competent and friendly staff, and the best house caterer in Northern Virginia then there is no other choice than Bluemont Vineyard!

Sent on 10/02/2015

Courtney · Married on 09/13/2014

I would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone. We had a perfect wedding day thanks to the wonderful staff at Bluemont Vineyards.

Sent on 04/06/2015

Courtney & Patrick,
    It was our pleasure working with you! Thank you for taking time to share your experience!

Vicki · Married on 07/12/2014

Our experience with Bluemont was exceptional. They obviously have gone to great pains to vet the vendors that they work with, all of whom were wonderful to work with. It made wedding planning feel almost effortless. The evening was perfect & our daughter could not have been happier and a great time was had by all.

Sent on 03/28/2015

Sarah · Married on 07/05/2014

Everyone we worked with at Bluemont Vineyard were amazing. The event coordinator Amy was so nice and kept my wedding on schedule.

Sent on 08/31/2014

We loved working with the Bluemont Vineyard team for our wedding! In the lead-up to the big day, our planner and coordinator were so helpful. They connected us with some fantastic local vendors and we were able to stay within budget. The wedding day was better than we could have imagined, thanks to the dedicated efforts of the Bluemont team. I didn't have to worry about a thing -- I knew we were in good hands! The venue is gorgeous and we loved the view from the ceremony site. Couldn't have asked for a better experience. I recommend 100%.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Samantha · Married on 06/06/2014

I LOVE BLUEMONT VINEYARD!!! We had the pleasure of working with Amy as our planner and day-of coordinator, and she was a dream. Nothing went wrong, or if it did, I didn't know about it! Our guests are still raving about how beautiful and fun our wedding was. I want to do it all over again!!!

Sent on 06/14/2014

Brittany · Married on 05/24/2014

Choosing Bluemont Vineyard for our wedding venue was hands down the best decision we made in our wedding planning process! The stable is absolutely gorgeous if you are looking for a rustic but elegant setting with an AMAZING view. We had the pleasure of working with Amy as our day of coordinator and she was spectacular! She was able to pull all of my little DIY decorations together in ways I wouldn't have been able to do and made everything look beautiful - trust me, she's done A LOT of weddings, so if you get to work with her you are in good hands! The cost of booking Bluemont is a little high compared to other places we looked at, but the quality and professionalism of the services you receive is well worth it in the end! Overall, everything went off without a hitch (at least that I know of!) and our guests could not stop raving about how stunning the venue was and what a great time they had! Huge thanks to the whole team at Bluemont Vineyard, you guys rock!

Sent on 06/16/2014