165 Reviews for Bluemont Vineyard

Covered Outdoor (1)
Accommodations (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
165 Bluemont Vineyard Reviews

We are so happy we picked Bluemont for our wedding day. It was absolutely perfect and the view is amazing! Amy Thunel was our wedding coordinator provided by Bluemont and she was absolutely amazing from start to finish. She always put my mind at ease and even helped my girls bussel my dress. She was so incredibly helpful and we can’t thank her enough! We were so lucky to have been paired with her.

Profile Picture Danielle, 8/11/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, In-House Bar, Set Up, Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

We got married late June. The planning started about a year earlier with Amy Thunell from Bluemont Vineyard. I can honestly say that we've never dealt with someone so positive and helpful. We really had no idea where to start. The first meeting with Amy she completely set our minds at ease. She gave us homework to make sure we covered our bases all the way through. She knew exactly what we needed the whole way through and made the planning way less stressful.

Day of the wedding she was the MVP! We basically showed up and it went flawlessly. I don't want to sound like there were no stresses throughout the day but from when we showed up at The Stable to the time we left we didn't have a concern or worry Amy was a rockstar that day and it made our day perfect!!!!! The food and caterers were great the staff was amazing and like I said earlier everything went without an issue.

The venue itself is incredible from the time we walked in the first time a year and a half ago we knew we would be married there. The view will take your breath away and the facilities are perfect as well. All of our friends and family commented how well everything was planned and executed. After the wedding my wife commented that everyones profile picture changed to a picture of a selfie with the view at Bluemont behind them.

It was really an amazing day and Bluemont's staff made it all possible. I would absolutely recommend this venue for anyone looking for a place!!!!

Profile Picture jeff, 6/30/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding day was perfect! Thanks in part due to Amy, our amazing coordinator. She made everything run so smoothly right from the start. Her and the rest of the staff take care of the smallest details that you wouldn't even think about in order to make your day extra special. I was stressed when I arrived on my wedding day due to my transportation being late for our pick up time and causing me to have to rush to get ready. Having Amy greet me as I got out of the shuttle and tell me I looked gorgeous made me instantly feel at ease. She was so attentive during cocktail hour when pictures were being taken, and brought me and my girls any drinks we wanted, as well as food. I highly recommend booking with Bluemont for your wedding. You can't beat the scenery and landscape, but you also will never find a coordinator as organized and thoughtful as Amy. You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Genny, 6/16/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Bluemont Vineyards was one of our favorite wineries before we got married there, but now it will forever hold a special place in our hearts. The Venue: We found that a lot of the wineries in the area do not have a separate event space. Having a separate wedding/event space was a huge plus. While we didn’t get married at Bluemont (we had a church wedding) the views are incredible and make a beautiful backdrop for your ceremony. We loved the historic, rustic feel of the Stable. I love that we didn’t have to “decorate” the space – the views, stone floors, and high ceilings were enough. The space is private and secluded – you feel like you're on your own mountain with just you and your guests. Also….very important…air conditioning. We looked at barn-type venues that did not have A/C and that wasn’t going to fly for our June wedding. The Staff: Amy, Debbie and the team are the BEST! From our first planning call with Amy, I knew we would be in good hands. She helped keep us on track and was always available for our questions. I am so grateful to have had Amy’s insights and expertise. Her advice was invaluable! I never thought I would need a planner or coordinator…but it was SO helpful. The day of we could just relax and enjoy time with our family/friends– Amy had everything under control. I can’t imagine our day without her. The Food: The exclusive caterer, Savior Fare, is top notch! The service was incredible – they took such good care of us and our guests. Everyone commented on how delicious everything was. We loved the tasting and found it hard to choose which delicious meal we were going to serve. We also loved having the family-style option. The Wine: The wine is amazing. Seriously…some of Virginia’s best! My Husband and I have visited many of the local wineries and Bluemont’s wines are at the top of our list. The Farm Table Red and White are perfect wedding wines and our guests loved them. Thank you Bluemont Vineyards for making our special day so special!

Profile Picture Jeanette, 6/2/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, In-House Bar, Chairs, Drapery, Furniture, Tables, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Scenic Views

The minute we stepped foot in The Stable at Bluemont Vineyard we knew we had found our venue. The atmosphere speaks for itself - the stable is the epitome of rustic charm and the views from the lawn are breathtakingly beautiful! The team at Bluemont, their catering partner and their wine are added bonuses. Front start to finish Amy (our coordinator) and the Bluemont team guided us through the wedding planning process without a single hiccup or worry. The food and service provided by their caterer (Savoir Fare Limited) is top-notch and stands apart from "typical" wedding. They allowed us to create our own signature drinks and they crafted them to perfection - giving our guests options in addition to the award-winning wine that everyone enjoyed! In addition to their caterer, they have a vendor list that we highly recommend considering. We used 4 of their preferred vendors and they were EXCELLENT! Throughout the process and even on wedding day, they answer was always "YES!" Even right down to asking for a sewing kit minutes before walking down the aisle. We have received nothing but fabulous compliments about the venue, food, and event. Bluemont made our dream wedding come true and we are so grateful for the happy memories. We look forward to celebrating many anniversaries at our favorite vineyard!

Profile Picture Kristina, 4/7/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, In-House Bar, Bartender(s), House Wine, Signature Drink, Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Furniture, Tables, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor

I'm not sure what I can say about Bluemont and Amy Thunell that others haven't already said, but I'll give it a try. Our daughter's wedding at The Stable was wonderful, and Amy did an exceptional job with the planning and day-of coordination. I had never planned an event of this scale before, and Amy made it as simple and stress-free as possible, providing guidance, suggestions, and humor. Communication was easy—Amy responded quickly to my questions (or at least by Monday if I emailed her on a wedding weekend). Catering by Savoir Fare (Joan Wolford) was excellent; the tastings were generous and provided ample opportunity for us to plan a great meal for our guests. Our few special menu requests were accommodated. The setting is extraordinary, which probably goes without saying; we were willing to pay the cost of the venue rental because of the location and view—which were stunning—and the Stable, which provided a rustic and elegant ambience. Aside from a bad experience with Road Yachts and an unexpected cold snap, the entire day went smoothly, and my daughter and her new husband and our guests enjoyed themselves thoroughly.

Profile Picture Joan, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We ABSOLUTELY LOVE everything/one about Bluemont Vineyards. Feels like a fairy tale that we actually got married there! When we first visited, Debbie was wonderful. She took Dave and I around the facility, explained the process, answered all our questions, and made us feel calm during a busy wedding planning season. We loved that the Stable was "an all in one" venue (meaning that with our contract they took care of the venue, catering, tables, event coordinator etc.), and we loved that the venue was private and separate from the tasting room. We were able to relax knowing that with Bluemont's help all these details would be taken care of. The food was absolutely delicious. When it came to all the fine details (table numbers, meals, wedding insurance, etc.) Amy, our event and day of coordinator, was 100% a God send. She kept us on track, was  organized, and is absolutely amazing at what she does. She made sure we didn't worry about a thing on our wedding day and was so much fun to work with. As was noted by so many of our family and Pastor, she is the BEST wedding coordinator we've come in contact with, and we are so thankful she was apart of our special day! When it came to the venue--Absolutely. Breathtaking. The twinkle lights and ceiling draping made it so romantic and the barn gave it that rustic/down to earth feel. Last but not least--That. View. It was the icing on the cake. On the wedding day itself and since, our wedding guests have RAVED about our ceremony, the view, the food and the venue. Again, it is SO surreal that we were able to get married at such a beautiful, breathtaking venue with amazing owners and staff who felt like family when all was said and done. We cannot recommend Bluemont  enough. Debbie and Amy--from the bottom of our hearts, thank you for making our dreams come true. We are SO GRATEFUL for you!!!!

Profile Picture Jenna, 11/10/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Bluemont Vineyard was an amazing place for our wedding! We booked the venue a little over a year out from our wedding, and the entire time our coordinator, Amy, was responsive, incredibly helpful, and willing to give insight or advice whenever asked. On the day of the wedding, we didn't have to worry about anything! The staff helped pack up and clean out our stuff at the end of the night and helped set up our decorations for the event which is very above and beyond considering many venues will not assist with your own decorations. The food was amazing as well! I can't say enough wonderful things about Bluemont, their staff, Amy, and Savoir Fare (the caterer).

Profile Picture Andrea, 11/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our wedding at Bluemont and it was amazing! The venue is gorgeous and staff is very professional. Our coordinator Amy was great! The catering company the venue uses is delicious and our guest really enjoyed the food. I definitely recommend having your weddings at The Stable at Bluemont!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 10/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The Stable at Bluemony Vineyards is cozy with a gorgeous view! Amy was great to work with, she went above and beyond the call of duty. She surpassed our expectation! If your looking for that fairytale night then this is the place to go!

Profile Picture Holly , 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our experience from the very first moment we saw the Stable at Bluemont was nothing but the best. We dropped in to take a peek and walked away with a signed agreement. Just open the front doors and to see the beautiful converted stable with the ethereal drapery and white lights and you will be as enchanted as we were. Debbie Schoeb was so kind and extremely accommodating and worked with us to find an October 2017 date for my daughter's wedding. From there we were assigned a wedding coordinator - and were we ever blessed. Amy Thunell was a dream come true! She is a true professional and knows all the ins and outs of planning a wedding. Any time I had a question, Amy was quick with the answer. She made ever step of the way easy and fun! This was a dream wedding come true! My daughter and her now husband were so happy. The only drawback was that it was over too quickly! This mom has found new friends in Debbie and Amy. And I look forward to returning to the tasting room in the near future to just enjoy that fabulous view from the hillside. Thank you ladies for everything!!!

Profile Picture Melody, 10/6/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Most amazing people to work with! From day one through the wedding day! So happy and satisfied.

Profile Picture Melody, 10/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I didn't even look at any other venues when we were searching, because we knew as soon as we stepped foot on the property, Bluemont Vineyard was the venue for us. While there are many beautiful wedding venues in Loudoun County, none of them have the view that Bluemont has- 360 views! The team at Bluemont Vineyard is VERY organized-- they have been doing this for a long time and they made our wedding process and day of go more smoothly than I could have ever imagined. We originally met with Debbie to discuss the possibility of having our wedding at Bluemont and she is amazing to work with. We then worked with Amy (our wedding planner) and she was also great and very organized. She took the time to talk to us about what we envisioned for our day of and gave a lot of great suggestions. Last, but not least, Rachael was our day of coordinator. She killed it on the day of. Rachael she made sure that everything went absolutely perfectly on the day of. She even took time out of being our coordinator on the floor, to quickly go up the bridal suite before our intros and literally pick out all of the branches/leaves/grass/dirt that my dress had picked up during pictures, so that we could bustle my dress and remain on schedule. She always made us feel like she really and truly cared about making sure we had the best day of our lives on our wedding day.

The team over at Bluemont has worked with some amazing vendors and we used many of their recommendations, and could not have been more pleased. The vendors that work weddings there often have a great relationship with the Bluemont staff and it is very apparent how well they work together to make everything perfect. They were also very welcoming to our photographers, who had never worked a wedding there before.

Everything was seamless and I cannot thank the Bluemont team enough for giving us the most beautiful wedding we could have asked for!

Profile Picture User7042869, Recently Married, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), House Wine, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Furniture, Tables

We loved every minute of our wedding at The Stable at Bluemont Vineyard. Amy Thunell was our planner and she is absolutely fantastic. There was never a question she did not have a quick answer for and she helped us through all of the challenges of wedding planning with ease. She is honestly the most talented event planner I've ever worked with. She ensured our evening went perfectly and advised all of our guests throughout the night to make sure everything flowed seamlessly. We are so grateful for Amy!!

Profile Picture Charlotte, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Picking this venue was the single best decision we made for our wedding. It goes without saying that it is picture perfect and makes for a lovely gathering of family and friends. What truly stood out though, was our coordinator, Amy T., who was outstanding in every aspect. Every step of that way, she was she prompt, helpful, professional, thorough and an incredible guide through what would have been an overwhelming process without her. I do not know how anybody plans a wedding without her. If anyone is thinking of booking this venue, don't hesitate to do it!!!

Profile Picture User7939897, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Everything was great! Having Amy help us through the entire process truly made the difference. We would certainly recommend to other couples to select a venue with a wedding planner.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I am so sorry that it took me so long to write this review! Let me start off by saying that Bluemont, Amy Thunell, and the staff at Savoir Fare was just amazing! Not only is this venue just gorgeous, but Amy has been just an amazing help throughout the entire process. I couldn't have asked for someone better to be there and take care of everything during my whirlwind day. She kept us all on time and in line from start to finish! I've taken so many of my friends and family members to visit the winery even long after the wedding because we just love how welcome the staff at Bluemont makes us feel every time we visit! The food was DELICIOUS!! I loved that we even had our own plates to eat beforehand so we had time to go around and talk while everyone else ate. The venue is super romantic and Amy went well above the call of duty to help me make it perfect and gave me plenty of options that were also supportive of our budget. Again, I cannot say enough wonderful things about this place and Amy! I was truly blessed to have such a beautiful special day! THANK YOU!!!

Profile Picture Stevhe, 7/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our wedding reception at Bluemont Vineyard on July 22, 2017. Everything about the venue was wonderful! The views are absolutely stunning and the stable is gorgeous. Our day of coordinator was Jen. She was so helpful throughout the entire planning process and made our reception run smoothly the day of. She was extremely organized and kept the reception on a perfect timeline. Bluemont uses Savoir Fare Limited as their sole caterer, and they are wonderful! Our guests raved about both the venue and the food! I would highly recommend this venue for anyone looking for a vineyard wedding!

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Tables, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, In-House Bar, Set Up

I can't say enough good things about Amy and our entire Bluemont Stable Wedding experience on July 07, 2017. Amy was a fantastic wedding planner and we were lucky enough to have her as our day of coordinator. From the very beginning I felt at ease and stress-free, knowing that Amy always had our back. She made everything seem effortless-- she is clearly super organized and kept us on track throughout the entire planning process. I loved that Amy wasn't trying to 'penny and dime' us and always provided different choices to work within our budget, yet making everything look like the wedding of our dreams. When it came to the wedding day, Amy had everything and everyone in tip-top shape. If anything went wrong on our wedding day, we had absolutely no idea, because in our eyes it was the most perfect, flawless day. I loved that when my dress got muddy from wedding photos (in the middle of the reception) Amy was there in a second to clean up my dress with club soda. She truly was the best and I'd recommend her and the Bluemont stable to anyone that wants a beautiful and flawless vineyard wedding =). THANKS SO MUCH, AMY!!!

Photo for Bluemont Vineyard Review - Amy bustling my dress =)
Photo for Bluemont Vineyard Review - Beautiful Bluemont Winery view
Profile Picture Mary, 7/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Choosing to host our July 1st wedding at the Stable at Bluemont Vineyard was by far the best decision my husband and I made. From the outset, the Bluemont team was responsive and timely, and made us feel comfortable spending our investment there. Amy Thunell, the lead event coordinator, was a dream. She set us at ease from the first time we met her, and helped us navigate the necessities versus unncessary extras that you'll be faced with while planning a wedding. Amy also referred us to the best vendors - Savoir Fare (catering), Event Studio (flowers), Ian Lade (DJ), and Sweets by E (cake). Bluemont and these vendors have worked together for years, and it could be seen with how seamlessly they were able to set-up and tear-down the event without disturbing any of the guests.

We were lucky enough to draw Amy as our "day of" coordinator, and I could not have been more stress-free as a bride. If something went wrong, I truly had no idea! Our bridal suite was stocked with chilled wine and snacks, she monitored the groomsmen's beer intake, and kept everyone happy. She also kept the timeline on track, ensuring my husband and I actually got to eat (yes, we ate at our wedding!), kept the speeches flowing, and had us cut the cake before the real party opened up.

I've run into a character limit otherwise I could brag all day about Bluemont! Our friends and family said it was the most beautiful wedding they've ever been to. Thanks, Bluemont! -Andrew and Bridget E.

Photos
Profile Picture Bridget, 7/1/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The team at Bluemont Vineyard was so accommodating! They helped create my fairytale day. The view is to die for.

Profile Picture Nicole, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our wedding was truly a moment in time that we will never forget, The Stable at Bluemont had us from the first time we went to check them out. The professionalism of the staff are way above and beyond, everyone at the wedding loved the wine and the food was incredible, not your traditional boring wedding food, everything was delicious. Amy really was the glue that held everything together for our special day and was always so responsive and accommodating. I couldn't have done it without her. We look forward to celebrating our anniversary every year at the beautiful Bluemont Winery!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I cannot say enough good things about Bluemont Vineyard for our daughter's wedding. The venue is spectacularly beautiful. The people are super friendly and accommodating. They want everything to be just the way you want it. The caterer (Savoir Faire) was excellent. Amy, our coordinator, was the best, and helped us every step of the way. She kept us on track and helped make the decision making organized and fun. She really was awesome and was always available to answer our questions. Amy also made excellent recommendations for our vendors (flowers, music, etc.) which was enormously helpful since we're not from that area. The bottom line; our daughter's wedding at Bluemont was exceptionally beautiful, magical and lovely.

Profile Picture Louise, 5/27/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

Everything about Bluemont was amazing! The best perk was having the on site coordinator she made our wedding day stress free! I am so happy we got married there. It was the perfect day!

Profile Picture Katherine , 5/26/17, 2 Reviews