Bluemont Vineyard Reviews

200 | Bluemont, VA

200 Reviews for Bluemont Vineyard

• Laura

Laura Knappenberger · Getting married on 07/11/2021

COVID 19 Can't stop the love.

I can not speak highly enough about The Stable at Bluemont Vineyard. Amy & Debbie were amazing and when Covid 19 derailed our original plans, they were nothing short of amazing. Extremely transparent and supportive throughout the whole process. We got married, just the two of us, on our original date (7.12.2020) at the venue and seamlessly moved our reception to 7.11.2021. If you are looking for a beautiful, natural, relaxing vibe - look no further.

Sent on 07/18/2020

Laura & Mark,
    Your title "COVID 19 can't stop the LOVE" is spot on! We were honored to be a part of this beautiful small and intimate celebration! What a perfect day!
    Thanks for taking time to leave such a glowing review!
    We can't wait to have your big celebration next year!

K. M. · Getting married on 04/04/2021

Amazing venue -- fabulous coordinator; great food

From the moment my fiance and I set foot on Bluemont, we knew it would be the perfect venue. #1 - It's a stunning setting. #2 - They make the process SO simple. #3 - Amy (their event planner -- and, if you're lucky, you're day-of coordinator) is absolutely phenomenal at what she does. While the overall wedding process is stressful, we had no qualms whatsoever about Amy handling all of the details for us on the Bluemont-side of things. #4 - Savoir Fare, their required caterer, is terrific. Seriously.
    Our wedding day was really special and relatively zero-stress because of Bluemont's staff. Thank you for a great experience and, especially, for the wonderful memories.

Sent on 05/23/2019

Casey Donovan · Getting married on 01/09/2021

Gorgeous Venue and Best Team

Bluemont Vineyard has the MOST beautiful views for a wedding and the best team to work with. Amy was there with us every step up the way through the planning process with vendor recommendations and answering every and any questions that we had. We had to reschedule due to COVID-19 and the Bluemont team made the upsetting change bearable and less painful. They reached out to vendors for us to make sure they were available and worked with them to reschedule. Our wedding day was absolutely seamless and that was all thanks to the Bluemont team. They allowed us o have our dream wedding.

Sent on 09/28/2020
  • Gloria

Gloria Konowe · Married on 08/09/2020

Great Service Great Value

My husband and I are so happy about our wedding experience at Bluemont Vineyard. Our day-of coordinator assigned by the winery was very experienced and professional. She truly cares if each couple are happy and stress-free. She's been very responsive during the preparation and made sure to remind us. She's also really good at coordinating vendors. She's very resourceful when we needed the help. The service crew was trained really well. my friends and family were so happy that day.

Sent on 10/25/2019

Alysha S. · Married on 07/26/2020

Perfect Day

Debbie and Amy were nothing short of incredible. They assisted us in rescheduling our wedding during a pandemic and turning our dreams into a reality. The view is not only incredible but every little detail fell into place. We would highly recommend this venue and team.

Sent on 07/31/2020

Alysha,
    We were beyond thrilled to be a part of your perfect day! We appreciate you taking time to leave such a wonderful review! We look forward to seeing you and Jerry returning for may anniversary celebrations!
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Cilia · Married on 07/25/2020

Supportive During COVID Pandemic

We havent had our wedding yet, but I wanted to post and express how grateful we are for Bluemont's staff during this time. Our April wedding has been impacted by COVID19 and Bluemont is being extremely supportive and trying their best to accomodate a future date.

Sent on 03/31/2020

Liz,

Words can't express how much this particular review means to us during all of this COVID situation. It was incredibly thoughtful for you to take time out of your hectic work and wedding planning life to leave this note. We are blessed to have you as a client. We will get through this! This too shall pass! Stay Strong and Be Safe!
  • Morgan

Morgan Chander · Married on 05/22/2020

Beautiful venue and amazing staff!

You could not find a more beautiful place to get married, let alone the amazing, caring and brilliant staff than that of Bluemont Vineyards! We had to postpone our wedding reception because of COVID 19, and the staff was beyond helpful and flexible with helping us change the date and even allowed us to still come on our original date to legally get married without hesitation. They have made the process so smooth and recommended other quality vendors that were just as accommodating and professional. I can’t thank them enough! They made our original date so special and I can’t wait to have our reception there in September (fingers crossed).

Sent on 05/29/2020

Bluemont Vineyard's reply:

Morgan & Ash your day was so joyous! What a beautiful ceremony and beautiful families united! We can't wait to see you in September for the big celebration!! Thank you for taking time to leave our thoughts.

Casey · Married on 10/13/2019

The Dream Team

Debbie and Amy were amazing from the very beginning! They helped me pick the best vendors for my wedding day, and even gave suggestions on where to get the perfect wedding dress. Amy is an incredible wedding planner and helped guide me along the path up until the big day where she transitioned to my day of coordinator. I had numerous compliments from my guests about how gorgeous the venue was, and how it was the smoothest run wedding they had ever attended. Overall, I'd give 10 out of 5 stars if I could!

Sent on 11/01/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel Antonio · Married on 10/12/2019

Gorgeous Venue, Great Planning Services, All Around PERFECTION

Amy and the Bluemont Team were lights out perfection for my husband and I’s wedding. Not only is the venue drop dead gorgeous (that view!), but as soon as you start your journey with the Bluemont team, you feel like you’re being taken care of. We worked with Amy from the beginning of the planning stages, and ultimately had her as our day-of coordinator. Wedding planning can be so daunting, but she made us feel at ease throughout the process. We always left a meeting with her feeling like we had things under control. She also recommended so many great vendors to us, many of which we ultimately used for the wedding. On the day of, she took care of wrangling people together for photos, feeding us (SO important!), and even fixing my bustle multiple times when it broke. They say “something always goes wrong on your wedding day,” but thanks to Amy, I can honestly say the day went completely perfect. From the beginning when we toured the venue, to when the last song played, every detail was thought of and taken care of by the Bluemont Team. I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Debbie

Debbie · Married on 09/27/2019

Beautiful venue, unbeatable view!

My husband and I are so grateful to have had our wedding at Bluemont Vineyard! First, this venue is BEAUTIFUL. There's nothing like the view from the stone terrace, and the inside of the stables is a nice balance of elegant and rustic. There's an upstairs area for the bride/bridesmaids to get ready, bathrooms and the venue is climate-controlled.

Every single staff member is incredibly professional and easy to work with. They're very up-front about the cost-- we weren't surprised at all when we got the final bill! Amy was a phenomenal wedding planner and day-of coordinator. Our meetings with her were quick and straight to the point. We really appreciated that she respected our time and was extremely flexible with her schedule!

On our wedding day, Amy took care of us so incredibly well. She made sure we were on-track with our timeline, ran any errands we needed and seamlessly coordinated deliveries with various vendors. We can't thank her enough for making our dream wedding happen!

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Candice

Candice Rodgerson · Married on 09/13/2019

Amazing venue

I cannot possibly say enough great things about our experience with Bluemont Vineyard. From the day we went to tour the venue for our wedding we knew we were in great hands. The venue itself has absolutely beautiful views (we had a fall wedding but I’m sure it’s gorgeous year round). My guests couldn’t stop commenting on how gorgeous the view was. Inside the Stable, there are beautiful lights and fabric draping the ceiling, it’s just so beautiful. And Amy.. Amy Thunnell was our wedding and day-of coordinator. I cannot say enough how thankful we are/were for her. She was so organized and helpful during our meetings, she was always easy to reach and had answers to questions I didn’t even know I should be asking. She knows so many of the vendors in the area, from our florist to the bakery that made our cake to our transportation provider (limos and shuttles), Amy knew the owners personally and it made our wedding day go so smoothly. On our wedding day, she was a super star, she was always there, making sure we had every single thing we needed before even asking. She really made the night flawless. And the FOOD. Savoir Faire served the most delicious food. We and our guests were blown away by how incredible the food was. Bluemont, THANK YOU for making our wedding day dreams come true.

Sent on 10/28/2019

Erica · Married on 08/31/2019

Best decision we made was choosing Bluemont Vineyard aa our wedding venue!

Choosing The Stable at Bluemont Vineyard was by far the best decision we made! We saw around 10 different venues before visiting Bluemont and the second we drove up the hill and saw the view my husband and I looked at each other and said “this is the one”. Meeting Debbie and Amy afterwards confirmed we were definitely making the right decision. They were both awesome and so easy to work with! Amy was our coordinator and a serious life saver! She worked with me the entire year and made wedding planning enjoyable and a lot less stressful! She was always organized and on top of everything. I couldn’t have pulled it off without her! We are still hearing from guests that it was the best wedding they’ve ever been to! It truly was the best day of our lives and was all thanks to Bluemont’s amazing team!

Sent on 10/25/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 08/30/2019

Bluemont will make your wedding dreams come true!

I wish I could have my wedding all over again. Bluemont vineyard was absolutely beautiful and the staff, wow. Amy (our coordinator) was absolutely amazing. She helped me put my dreams into reality! The view is breathtaking and I couldn’t have asked for a better day. They set everything up as well as took it down and into our cars. Thank y’all from the bottom of my heart. My family is still calling me telling me how much fun they had.

Sent on 10/26/2019
  • Carrie

Carrie Mack · Married on 08/16/2019

We had the most BEAUTIFUL wedding!

Bluemont Vineyard is the whole package when it comes to planning a wedding. They have it down to an absolute science. We had the pleasure of working with the wonderful Amy Thunell as our wedding planner from start to finish and we couldn't have asked for a better person. She worked with us on everything, laid out the entire process and provided expert advice. We were completely relaxed throughout the entire process which is a direct result of Amy and her team at Bluemont. It was an absolutely perfect day that went off without a hitch and we will forever be thankful to everyone at Bluemont!

Sent on 09/08/2019

Carrie,

It was such a fantastic pleasure to work with you and Jonmarc! Our Bluemont team and Amy appreciate the time you took to leave such an amazing review! We can't wait to see you again for future celebrations:)

Sara · Married on 08/03/2019

Simply perfect in every way!

Seriously, I do not know where to begin in reviewing our exceptional wedding experience with Bluemont. I am the mother of the groom and live with my husband in McLean, VA. My son and his wife live in New York City. My daughter-in-law is Japanese-American, and her parents and one sibling live in Japan. My husband is Belgian, and his family lives in Belgium and Australia. As a family, we lived in West Africa for a good part of our children's childhood. As a result, in planning this wedding, we had before us several cultures and languages to incorporate, as well as available timelines for travel to the States. I remain amazed at the extent to which Debbie and especially Amy not only accommodated the atypical vision that the bride and groom had for this wedding, but they offered advice (without pressure) and exceptional flexibility at every step along the way such that we never worried at any point i that something could go wrong. We trusted them entirely.

So here are some of the things that made such a difference - they provided a list of vendors who they habitually work with, and in several cases we used their vendors and were nothing less than thrilled with the services received. Savoir Faire is the required caterer, and many of our guests raved about the menu (especially the beef tenderloin au jus), which we served family style. We also served salmon, roasted potatoes and asparagus, along with a salad. Savoir Faire offered children, kosher, gluten-free, vegan and vegetarian meals, as well. No one went away hungry! I highly recommend the family style menu, as it seemed to fit so perfectly with the informality and family-friend focus of the wedding. We had an hors d'oeuvres reception, but opted out of a formal dessert - offering instead freshly baked doughnuts and cookies, both of which were a big hit. As we had some guests not show up at the last minute, Bluemont wrapped up all the extra meals, which we took home and enjoyed the day after.

We were so pleased that we were able to buy our own alcohol, which was served by the Savoir Faire bartenders. Of course we had wine from the winery (the white and red farm table wines were especially popular), Belgian beer, Moscow Mules as a signature drink and then other alcohol such as whiskey, vodka, gin, etc. What was fabulous about this arrangement is that we took home any leftover beer, wine and alcohol. In terms of the latter, we were able to return unopened bottles, which is a nice cost savings when you don't know how much guests will drink and buy too much, which we did. The catering staff did a fabulous job. They were efficient, friendly and responsive, but somehow never got in the way of dancing or photos. Now how did they do that?

It was not so much the big things that made such a difference, but the little things that Amy assisted us with throughout the 9 months of planning and as our day-of coordinator. She sent us a checklist and kept us moving through it. She never got frustrated by our follow-up emails asking for changes in the menu or table layout or decor. Of special note is that Amy did not blink an eye when we told her we had approximately 26 in the wedding party - 13 on each side, plus three non-English speaking flower girls and a ring bearer. I don't know how she did it, but during the rehearsal the day before (highly recommended!), Amy was able to guide this wedding party to walk, do, stand and sit just as envisioned by the bride and groom. Extraordinary!

And then we had the "nightmare" crisis the morning of the wedding, which could have ruined the day. The band (not one of Bluemont's recommended vendors) coming from NC for some insane reason decided to drive up the morning of the wedding and their van broke down. So, hours before the wedding (and keeping the news hidden from the bride), my son and Amy went into 5th gear and were able to identify and bring on a DJ, who was fabulous. He downloaded all the songs on their playlist, filled in as MC and with Amy's help - conducted himself as if he was the hired DJ from day 1. If we hadn't told the guests, no one would have known that he was a last minute substitute. In fact, many guests told us that it was better having a DJ than a band, who often try to steal the show. We had not thought about that, but I think it might be true. There was never one song when the dance floor was not packed, despite there being quite a mix of dance music and sentimental tear-jerking songs.

Other examples of the difference that Amy made - we forgot to buy sparklers, but she had some spare which she allowed us to use. The same goes for some sparkling apple cider that was served to those who did not want alcohol for the toasts. She accommodated our dropping off the decorations, beer and alcohol two days before the wedding. She helped me greatly in figuring out how to accommodate my 91 year old wheelchair-bound father and 88 year old mother. She had delivered to our house the outfit of the 6 year old ring bearer, which his family had inadvertently left behind, and she made sure we got it back before their return to Belgium. I could go on and on, but I will stop here and simply say - there are many beautiful winery-type settings for weddings in Northern Virginia, but I doubt that any of them provide the support and feel like part of the family as Debbie and Amy provided and felt like to us.

If you would like to speak to me personally and ask questions about Bluemont, just ask Amy for my email address, and I will happily respond. One note of caution - Bluemont books up early, so don't hesitate if you think it might be the place for you. Several of my son's friends who grew up in McLean are considering Bluemont now that they have attended a wedding there!

Sent on 08/12/2019

Sara,
    Wow! This is the most amazing, glowing and thoughtful review! It was such a pleasure working with you and your family during the whole planning process. We appreciate all of your time and effort to make this day an exceptional success. We all look forward to seeing Derek and Lisa back for many future anniversary celebrations. Team Bluemont Vineyard

Patrick Trimble · Married on 07/06/2019

Perfect Wedding! Couldn't Be Happier!

My wife and I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding thanks to Amy Thunell and Bluemont Vineyard. Amy was a truly a lifesaver! Any question we had Amy responded quickly and provided valuable information that helped to significantly reduce the stress of the wedding planning process. The venue itself is absolutely beautiful and the Stable was perfectly balanced between rustic and elegant. We are so completely satisfied with our decision to choose Bluemont and couldn't recommend it more!!

Sent on 08/27/2019

Bluemont Vineyard's reply:

We are thrilled that your wedding experience was so perfect! Thank you for sharing your wonder thoughts! We look forward to seeing you and Sophie again for future anniversary celebrations.
  • Cara

Cara B · Married on 07/05/2019

Our perfect wedding day- Bluemont as a professional and beautiful venue

Our entire experience planning our wedding at the Stable at Bluemont Vineyard was smooth, professional, and enjoyable. They were up-front about costs and a lot of the planning is streamlined through them and the caterer they use to make planning a lot simpler. The venue coordinator Amy is top-notch, professional, and experienced, not to mention an enjoyable person to work with. Meetings leading up to the day were efficient and I felt my vision was well understood. I can’t tell you how important it is to work with an experienced vendor that thinks of everything you don’t. On the day of the event, we had an absolute blast. The staff at Bluemont makes countless efforts big and small to make sure your enjoy your wedding day as the bride and groom, and that you have time to both talk to guests and enjoy the party you’re planned. You get the rustic barn feel but with smooth floors and few stairs that are important for heels and guests that have trouble walking. The venue and view are beautiful and unique, the day was perfectly managed and on time, and all in all it was literally our perfect wedding day. If we could celebrate again, it would definitely be at Bluemont.

Sent on 08/23/2019

Bluemont Vineyard's reply:

Your kind words and thoughts about your experience are much appreciated! Thank you for taking time to leave them. We look forward to having you and Christopher back for ALL of your future anniversaries at Bluemont Vineyard.

Jennifer · Married on 06/15/2019

Perfect venue

We could not be happier with our decision to have our wedding at Bluemont. The venue is beautiful and the service is great. The wedding coordinator, Amy, does an amazing job assisting with the wedding planning and making sure everything goes perfectly the day of the wedding. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone considering it!

Sent on 06/26/2019
  • Ashleigh

Ashleigh · Married on 06/08/2019

The perfect wedding spot

The Stable at Bluemont Vineyard is the perfect blend of rustic and elegance. We fit 150 guests more than comfortably, who were able to enjoy both the indoor and outdoor space of the venue. The outdoor view is the perfect ceremony backdrop, and the vines and outdoor terrace make for the most incredible pictures. The venue has their own caterer, and our guests could not say enough good things about them! Last but not least, the wedding coordinator, Amy, was nothing short of a miracle worker. I was not stressed at all on my wedding day, she took care of anything and everything, and it felt like it all unfolded before my eyes perfect. Cannot recommend this venue enough!

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Mariangeles

Mariangeles · Married on 05/25/2019

A great location with the best service ever

The experience with Bluemont Vinyards for our wedding was excellent from the beginning to the end. Everybody involve in the process was very professional, understanding, flexible and something very important to us: they all helped us to make good decisions to have a simple, beautiful and at the same time good quality wedding. Our night was everything we wanted it to be! Thank you to all the team.

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 05/11/2019

Beautiful Venue and wonderful staff

Our wedding was absolutely perfect!! Bluemont is a beautiful venue and Amy and Jen were incredible to work with. They were very responsive, attentive and made the day go by without a hitch. Jen was our day of coordinator and was a pleasure to work with. She made sure the bride, groom, bridal party and parents were happy, made sure we had something to eat and kept everything on schedule. She was flexible and managed whatever was thrown at us without me even knowing about it. I have nothing but great things to say about Jen and Amy.

Sent on 05/26/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin O'malley · Married on 04/27/2019

Absolutely Fantastic!!

We loved everything about our wedding at Bluemont!! For the planning process, Amy was wonderful to work with. I am not one of those girls who has dreamed of planning her wedding her entire life so I was a little lost when it came to planning. Amy gave us an outline of things to think about, asked insightful questions to help direct our planning, and provided us with suggestions for wonderful vendors in our price range that we could pick from. She was so organized, helpful, and responsive. It made the process so much easier. I honestly don't know how we would have done it without her!

The caterer, Savoir Faire, was also wonderful to work with. The food tasting was my favorite part of the planning process. The food was absolutely delicious on our wedding day! All of our guests commented how good the food was, definitely way better than your typical wedding meal!

For the actual day of our wedding, everything went perfectly! We had Rachel as our wedding day-of coordinator and she did a wonderful job! Everything ran smoothly and the staff was so friendly and accommodating. Bluemont took care of the décor set up and take down for us and everything looked perfect! They made our lives so much easier and we could not have been happier with how our wedding day turned out! Bluemont was the perfect venue! Our guests were blown away by the view and the atmosphere. We could not have been happier with how our wedding went. It was everything we had hoped for and that was due to the beautiful venue and view at Bluemont as well as their amazing staff!! I would recommend Bluemont a thousand times over!

Sent on 06/24/2019

Valerie · Married on 04/27/2019

Best Venue in Northern Virginia

This venue is unbeatable in the northern Virginia area. Excellent views, excellent day of coordinator (shout out to Amy!) and the set up is incredible. It is nice because they are super flexible with the weather and the rain plan if needed. They work well with other vendors and have a great caterer that they work with. It is also nice because you can bring in your own liquor, champagne and beer. The coordinator/planner will send you all the forms you need to fill out and submit for temporary ABC license and for wedding insurance, she made it all very simple. It is also nice because if you start to get low on wine, they will just grab you some more from the vineyard. This venue was perfect for us and we would highly recommend to anyone wanting a super romantic, elegant, rustic wedding! :)

Sent on 07/03/2019

Elvi · Married on 11/17/2018

Loved everything about our wedding at Bluemont!!

Could not imagine our wedding at any other venue. It was the first venue we looked at, and we didn’t need to look further! The view from the Stable is gorgeous and the interior is rustic yet elegant - exactly what we wanted. Amy was our wedding coordinator, and she was so great to work with! She gave us great recommendations for other vendors to hire, was very organized throughout the whole planning process, and communicated with us often in the months and weeks leading up to our wedding. We felt like she took care of us every step of the way. When it came to our wedding day, the set-up and service was outstanding. Our guests had an amazing time and everything went so smoothly! Bluemont will always have a special place in our heart!

Sent on 11/28/2018

Adrienne · Married on 10/28/2018

Stress-free, beautiful wedding!

My husband and I worked with Amy through most of our planning, and had Janet as our day-of coordinator. Both women have a wealth of knowledge and experience, and are great listeners too! They help take the guesswork out of planning. Go with their preferred vendors! They all know the venue like the back of their hand and can make for a seamless, stress-free wedding day. Also, Janet has the most soothing and patient demeanor, and she worked tirelessly on our big day so that we could fully embrace the moment. We will always head back to Bluemont for wine, mountain views, and reminiscing! It is a place that will hold a part of your heart forever.

Sent on 11/07/2018