Bluegrass Yacht & Country Club Reviews

18 | Hendersonville, TN

18 Reviews for Bluegrass Yacht & Country Club

• W

Whitney · Married on 10/26/2013

My mother and I first met Patti Corn, Special Events Coordinator for the Bluegrass Yacht and Country Club at the Pink Bride Show and knew immediately that she was the person we wanted to work with for our wedding.
    I wanted a sophisticated, formal wedding ceremony and reception.  Scott and I wanted an indoor ceremony and reception without our guests having to drive between events.  The Bluegrass Yacht and Country Club provided the perfect setting for my vision and Patti was with us every step of the way offering good advice from her many years of wedding experience.
    Our family and bridal party pictures and video were picture-perfect with the background of the club’s beautiful landscape.  We had so much fun driving the golf carts to our destination on the club’s grounds. Both our rooms- bride and grooms were ideal for getting ready for the wedding.  The ceremony room (glass room) was perfect for our 150 guests.  Our guests enjoyed the cocktail hour with passed hor d’oeuvres.  We weren’t there but can tell from our wedding video!  Patti suggested that Scott and I view the reception area before the guests were allowed entrance.  It was such a good idea.  It allowed us a few minutes by ourselves with our photographer and videographer to view the total look of our reception.  It was an intimate moment before the party madness began…
    Every detail that we worked out with Patti was successfully executed during our reception.  The chef delivered an exceptional meal, the wait staff was extraordinary- you could tell that they were psyched about being at our party as much as the guests!  Our friends and my parent’s friends commented on the staff’s professionalism and engagement.
    I highly recommend that you use Bluegrass Yacht and Country Club with Patti Corn as your event director when you want formal and sophistication with a one indoor venue vision.  They have other outdoor opportunities as well if that is your preference.  Regardless, the venue and Patti are the best

We had my daughter's wedding reception at Bluegrass Yacht and Country Club and it was ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL. Everything was perfect and we appreciate all the hard work and preparation they put into it. All the employees were so congenial and were willing to help in any way possible and it showed throughout the night. The club is an awesome place and they have a wonderful person coordinating events for them. We could have not asked for a better night.

My daughter's wedding was supposed to be outside with a reception following outside. Rain would not allow so "plan B" was put into action. What could have been a big disappointment for us turned out to be an awesome night of great food, fellowship, fun and dancing. The professionals at Bluegrass helped with every aspect of our wedding planning. Bluegrass Y &CC was able to turn the ballroom in such a short time that most the guests were not even aware of the change or wait. The food was excellent and the staff very accommodating. Our experience could not have been better.

Laura · Married on 09/02/2012

I would recommend the Bluegrass to anyone! The staff was wonderful! They were very accommodating and worked hard to fulfill every request. No request made was ever turned down no matter how bizarre it was. The wedding coordinator was very helpful. She recommended vendors and gave suggestions and opinions on different details of the wedding and was always ready to help me execute things the way I wanted them. She answered all of my questions and helped take a lot of stress off me the day of the wedding by taking care of the flow of the event. We even had to change our wedding from outdoor to indoor at the last minute due to weather and again the staff went out of there way to make sure I was comfortable with all the changes. The food was amazing! Everything was delicious. The grounds were beautiful and we got stunning pictures. It was sprinkling while we were taking pictures and the coordinator followed us around with towels to help protect our shoes. I can’t think of a single complaint.

We had an amazing experience and have the Bluegrass and their staff to thank for making our day so special!!

irma · Married on 06/02/2012

I would highly recommend this venue!! Kat was very professional and helpful with everything I asked for. The food was excellent! The new chef is definitely a keeper. All of our guests loved how everything turned out that I am still hearing about how wonderful it was. I came here because it is a beautiful place. I am so pleased with everything. The staff was very efficient and they were always smiling. Kat and Scott are doing an exceptional job. This place is definitely worth looking into if your searching for that perfect everything!!

Jeremy · Married on 05/28/2011

Bluegrass Yacht and Country Club was a great choice for my recent wedding reception. The building itself was quite elegant, and the surrounding property was breath-taking! The Private Events Coordinator, Kat Baumgartner, was very helpful with the entire planning process. One thing that I was very impressed with was the large selection of menu items to choose from. I would highly recommend Bluegrass Yacht and Country Club to anyone planning a wedding in middle Tennessee.
    Jeremy Kiliszewski

Tiffany · Married on 04/21/2012

Kat was so helpful and attentive. She had great input and advice that really made things come together.

GINA · Married on 05/21/2011

Bluegrass did a great job on our wedding & reception. The food & decorating was awesome. Kat worked very hard for me to make my wedding day what I wanted it to be. She went out of her to meet my needs & took care of everything when the rain almost destroyed the ceremony site. It was gorgeous & all my family/friends thought it was one of the best weddings ever!

• Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 09/13/2014

Patti was great and helped every step of the way for our wedding!!!

3.5

Great staff, fantastic food, great atmosphere! This was a great place!! It was a bit pricy however it was entirely worth it!

Amanda · Married on 06/18/2011

Beautiful facility, wonderful venue and grounds for pictures, great food, and Kat ( wedding coordinator) was on top of everything and so helpful!

Kelsey · Married on 12/17/2011

3.0

Kat was very easy to work with and fexible on most parts of our reception. The only compliant I have about the situation was that we held a tasting to try the food that was to be offered to our guests. It was delicious and we were extremely happy with it. However, at the reception, I noticed that neither entree was what we had tested. They changed the grilled chicken to fried and I was very self-conscious of having fried chicken at my evening reception (just not my personal preference). They also left a sauce off of the steak which was on when we tried it. Just seemed like they dressed it up for us to taste it and then didn't put the same quality into the actual event. Hence why I gave professionalism a 3.

3.4
      1.0

This is a good venue if you want a nice ballroom with full service and a nice environment for your guests, and do not want to go into Nashville. I will say my experience was not stellar. Food was really good and the chef worked with me well to create the menu I wanted. The coordinator, however, was very unprofessional and unorganized. I asked for quite a few aesthetic things to be done in the ballroom and they did not get done; that reflected in the photography. The coordinator constantly wore immodest clothing; my mother, mother-in-law, groom and wedding planner all said something about that without me mentioning it. Her dresses and skirts are too short and her breasts are always hanging out of her shirts. Overall, it was okay but not the best.

1.8
      1.0

I would not recommend this venue to any bride desiring an intimate reception or cocktail reception. I was told things in person that were not followed through with or confirmed in writing even after I had been told by management I would get an email confirming the details of food etc. I had to request a written confirmation and when I did was told we already discussed everything in person and it was not needed. As I continued to asked questions and follow up(because I was not getting it on their end) it be some obvious that I was annoying them and was made to feel that since we were not a 300 guest wedding(aka-spending the equivalent of a house down payment) that our reception was not as important to them. The service was lacking best. Specifically, I was told that there would be self serve fruit tea and water and beautiful displays. That they would bring out a toast on trays to make it look fancy. In reality, there was nothing for guests to drink, not even water. My photographer had to request water for me. There was not enough food for all the guest, nothing to drink not even water and several guests had to track down the staff to get what they needed.
    Overall, my biggest complaint is that we were told one thing but they did not follow through with service. A few minor tweaks on their end would have made it a whole lot nicer. I would not recommend this venue to any bride ever. It was an embarrassment. Hide sight I wish we would have rented a private room at a restaurant. For the same amount of money we would have gotten much better service and all our guests would have had food to eat. Your wedding day is special and it shouldn't matter if you have 30 guests or 300. You still expect the venue to follow through with what they tell you they will do.

Ashley · Married on 02/27/2016

1.0

They were horrible!!!! once you confirm that you will do business with them the women encharge will not return phone calls or call any venders back. She claimed she would reserve the glass room for our rehersal practice as long as it was four months before the event. We found out three weeks before that she had booked the room. She had us come in and pick out the colors we wanted for linens and things. Then two weeks before she picked out what she thought the colors was going to be the linens were suppose to be gray and they were blue. She claimed that she would run the rehersal for our wedding. Then never showed up during the rehersal. Which The bride ended up running the rehersal because coordinator never showed. They claimed they would switch rooms before the cermoney and rehearsals. Which family members ended up Doing. We had the room booked till 11:00 pm. At 9:45 Lisa came in and started breaking down tables causing people to have to leave early. The cake lady was late that day, the band didn't know what to do, she never called venders back or call us back for our alcohol pricing. I warn any bride, if you want to have a stress less wedding do not have it at this location. She made it a horrible situation. I wouldn't believe a word she says. She did however manage to take pictures of the wedding in order to show potential customers. I promis you I would NEVER recommend anyone to have a tea party at this location let a lone a wedding. It was sloppy disorganized and extremely stressful.

0.6
      0.5

We had our wedding reception here and it was AWFUL! The food was cold, they dropped about 3 or 4 plates full of food on the dance floor, the coordinator was NOT a coordinator. She told us we could borrow their centerpieces and then a DAY before the wedding found out that "someone had broken them". I could go on and on, but I will save my rant for when I write a formal complaint.

Sent on 06/27/2012

Bluegrass Yacht & Country Club's reply:

I apologize that you were dissatisfied with our service. We strive to make everyone's special day as wonderful as it can be. If you would like to discuss your wedding reception with me personally, please feel free to contact me. -Kat

Justin · Married on 02/17/2017

0.4
      0.5

Below is a copy of a letter that I sent to Bluegrass GM Kevin McCune after a terrible experience with them

2/17/ @ 3:45pm my 12 year old son & I were headed E. bound E. Main Street & a golf ball crossed all 5 lanes of traffic & shattered my passenger side windshield (my son to be hit by 3 pieces of glass). I proceeded to the main office at Bluegrass Yacht & Country Club & was directed to Jacob Law & Head Golf Pro Eric Brown inside the Pro Shop. Eric instructed Jacob to "get my information so we can take care of it". Jacob took pics of the damaged & vehicle registration/Insurance. Eric told me that he’d "speak to the General Manager Kevin McCune on Mon & taken care of it"

After 2 dozen voicemails for Eric (I've received 4 call backs) I’m extremely disappointed in your lack of action. Instead of confronting golfers on both the driving range & on the green I responded in a professional matter & as a result I've been ignored & stonewalled. Eric told me that it’s not your responsibility to pay for the damages to my vehicle.

I am in my 19th year of active duty military service & what blows my mind is that in 65 years you have ZERO training protocols for this type of incident. In the military we have Standard Operating Procedures & Quick Response Cards for every imaginable scenario yet Bluegrass has "zero written policies or procedures regarding a golf ball striking a vehicle off of the Country Clubs property."

At the end of the day, I'm still stuck with a $228.28 bill, no responsible party to pay for it & a place of business (Bluegrass) unwilling to do the right thing and pay for it. Shame on you Bluegrass Yacht & Country Club, you are better than that and as a active duty military member, community volunteer and citizen of Hendersonville, TN I deserve much, much better.