Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery Reviews

Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery 3
Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery 4
Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery 5

Deeqa Nur · Getting married on 10/12/2024

Blue Valley - makes everyone feel like a member of the family

Blue Valley is a family owned and operated businesses that makes everyone feel like they are truly a member of the family. Gracious hospitality and an absolutely beautiful venue! Highly recommend it for all needs large and small!

Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery 6
    Sent on 10/15/2019

Brittany · Married on 07/06/2019

Breathtaking views

Our wedding at Blue Valley was more beautiful than I even envisioned! My fiance and I toured many venues, but the first time we saw the winery, views and met with the owner we both agreed this was it! The owners and staff were very accommodating to our requests including allowing our dog to join us for our first look, bringing our own arbor the day before the wedding and scheduling our tasting for purchasing our cases of wine for the reception. Every time we visited the winery just to hang out, we were warmly greeted by name by the staff and owners. We loved the modern, elegant look of the winery vs. rustic and the wine is much better than some others in the area. We took a gamble and planned our ceremony and reception both outside, and I am so glad we did. It was spectacular!

Sent on 06/19/2019

Hi Brittany and Chris,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so happy you’re thrilled with how your big day turned out!! The weather was certainly on your side and your photo’s look amazing!!

We hope you come back soon to enjoy some wine and reminisce about your beautiful wedding!
    Wishing you a lifetime of happiness!!
    Robin, Terry and the BV Family
  • Emily

Emily Silverberg · Married on 06/29/2019

The Best Day Ever!

My husband and I literally cannot say enough amazing things about our Blue Valley wedding experience. Not only was it just the most beautiful location, perfectly equipped for a wedding and getting ready experience, but their staff helped everything to run flawlessly. The vendor costs included a 3 month out wedding coordinator by Terry Kaye events and we were so appreciative of everything they did. We had guests stay at the Airlie which helped the whole weekend feel full of celebrations, as they are more than just a one building hotel, with the culminating event at Blue Valley really blowing guests away. As the bride, getting ready in their bridal suite made me feel so pampered and special.

We also did the rehearsal dinner in their cave and we did have an issue where a storm knocked out the power...However, the Blue Valley team lit candles and it added to the romantic atmosphere of the evening. I really enjoyed the contrast of the beautiful upstairs and outside for saturday to the dark, romantic vibe for Friday. Blue Valley really has it all and I could not be happier with how the day went.

Next, we really enjoyed our wine pourer, Ken. He was so patient and cool. He did our tasting a few months prior to the wedding and was also our pourer for the rehearsal dinner and wedding day. My dad is a bit of a grump and hard to please, and Ken made sure his glass was full and he was happy all night! (Along with other guests, but when my dad makes a nice comment, you know someone is good!)

Lastly, I am a teacher and Blue Valley gave some discounts on wine and threw in free lighting as a courtesy, and teachers always love to be appreciated! Thank you so much Blue Valley!

Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery 7
    Sent on 07/27/2019

Jelliott · Married on 06/22/2019

Outstanding Wedding Venue

Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery is simply an ideal wedding venue. The facility and site are gorgeous, and offer spectacular 360° views of the mountains around the Delaplane, VA area. The staff is fantastic and very accommodating, and experienced in hosting weddings or other large gatherings. The facility easily handled 170 guests for my daughter's evening wedding. The main rooms of the winery were perfectly sized for dinner and toasts, and dancing after. The side room offered area for a 2nd bar setup, and the patio area was perfect for cigars and for those seeking a more quiet conversation space while music and dancing was going on in the main hall. Oh, and the wines are all FANTASTIC. We chose Sauvignon Blanc, Muscat Ottonel, Merlot and Cabernet Franc and our guest raved about all the wines.

A simply perfect venue - Our daughter couldn't have selected a better wedding spot. I would highly recommend Blue Valley to anyone!!

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Rita

Rita · Married on 04/28/2019

Perfect. Period

We shopped around for the right place and when we visited Blue Valley, we knew we had found it. But it wasn't just a beautiful venue. Every part of the experience of working with Blue Valley (mostly through their wedding planner, Terry) was a joy. Blue Valley encourages you to work with their preferred caterers. We checked them all out and chose RSVP, which was a wonderful decision. (I'll be rating them highly in a separate review.) Ours was a smallish wedding (39 guests) and we chose to have a luncheon event in the "Loft." It was perfect. Terry also offered us the opportunity to hold our (Jewish) ceremony on the lawn out back. The ceremony was preceded by wine and appetizers, also on the back lawn. I believe we were the first to hold an event back there. This was risky, as the success of the event was weather dependent. We lucked out. It was a perfect April day. Our guests were blown away (in a good way). If you don't want to have your wedding at Blue Valley, still hire Terry as your wedding planner!

Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery 8
    Sent on 04/30/2019

Rita and Harold,
    Thank you for your lovely review, it means the world to us (especially me). We loved hosting your special day and I could not agree more, it was beautiful!! Thank you for being open to a "new" ceremony location. I loved seeing it come to fruition. You and Harold have such a special love story; we are so honored to be a small part of your big day. Please "cycle" back and visit soon!!

Terry & Blue Valley Team

Holly Sandberg · Married on 11/03/2018

One of a kind

While searching for a wedding venue, our main criteria was beautiful views. As soon as we pulled up the driveway and saw the views of the Blue Ridge mountains and the winery, we knew we wanted to get married here. Then we saw the Barrel Room and thought it was even more gorgeous and so unique. We had both our rehearsal dinner and ceremony in there. Blue Valley has the most amazing scenery and atmosphere, and of course, the wine is great too. We loved having our wedding here and Terry Kaye Events ensured everything went smoothly throughout the entire process. She was a huge help and made my stress disappear :-) The bridal suite is also an added bonus! Gorgeous decor and stocked with a bottle of champagne. Thank you Blue Valley and Terry Kaye Events!

Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery 9
    Sent on 12/14/2018
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Koons · Married on 10/27/2018

Absolutely fabulous

Ken Grey was a delight to work with!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery's reply:

Thank you Stephanie, we also adore Ken!
    Wishing you all the best and please come back for a glass of wine soon.
    Best,
    Team Blue Valley
  • Elena

Elena · Married on 09/29/2018

Blue Valley was a Dream Come True

When I first toured Blue Valley, I knew it was the place I wanted to marry my soulmate. It was the most breathtaking of all of the wedding venues we toured. The pictures online do not do it justice, you have got to see the property in person to really appreciate it’s beauty. With a 360 view of rolling mountains, the scenery can not be topped. Blue Valley Vineyard was the prefect compromise for me and my now husband. I wanted something modern and he wanted something rustic and outdoors. We also got the added bonus of delicious wine, friendly staff, and a very talented wedding planner, Terry Kaye.

Our wedding day was MAGICAL and our guests are still raving about how gorgeous, well-planned, and fun everything was. The whole weekend was perfection and I truly believe that was because of our venue. We have been a part of a lot of weddings and Blue Valley is the most accommodating venue I have had the pleasure to work with. Everyone there jumped through hoops to create a stunning event and we made so many amazing new friends in the process. Blue Valley’s list of preferred vendors is the best of the best. We were able to establish a dream team based on their relationships to make our dream wedding come true.

In our venue search, we toured with their owner, Stergio, who we love! He is so kind, talented and so proud of his work - which he should be. The entire Zissios family is so sweet! On our tour, when we walked down to the barrel room, I was sold. It is incredibly gorgeous to host an event. We had our magical rehearsal dinner in the barrel room for 75 people, all who were awe walking into the space. It is also a beautiful space for a smaller indoor reception.

Attached to the the barrel room, is the gorgeous cave. It had an amazing backdrop for the guys to take photos while the girls finished getting ready in the charming bridal suite. I could write a novel on how awesome the bridal suite was for 15 ladies to get ready and it never felt cramped. They have a plethora of champagne glasses, a perfect place to hang dresses, and a private bathroom. The suite has the perfect light for photos and we shared so many special moments in the space.

I cannot say ENOUGH amazing things about what Terry and her team did for us on our wedding day. We had a very personalized and detailed wedding and with that, came a lot of decor. Blue Valley closes two hours before the ceremony start time, which I was nervous about, but Terry made things as STRESS FREE for me as possible. We dropped everything off on Friday morning and I honestly have no idea how they set everything up so perfectly. I gave them lists on how I wanted things displayed and everything turned out more gorgeous than I imagined. At the end of the night, the staff packs everything up for you to take home the next day. We are still in debt to all of their work on our wedding weekend. I highly recommend purchasing Terry Kaye Events full wedding planning package, she made my life so much easier and became a great friend to my husband and me.

The only tricky thing about this venue for us, ended up being our guest count. We were planning on 250 guests and then later told to keep things to 225. Things were still tight and our guests in the loft had issues hearing and viewing speeches and dances. Just keep that in mind if you end up being on the larger end of their capacity!

Thank you Blue Valley Vineyard & Winery for exceeding our expectations in every way. We can’t wait to come and visit with you for a wine tasting to reminisce soon!

Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery 17
    Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery 24
    Sent on 12/29/2018
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/22/2018

Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery was the perfect venue for our wedding. First and foremost, the people that assisted us throughout the process were fantastic. Stergio (the owner) and Terry Kaye Events (we worked with Terry and Jordanna) truly want to help you create the event of your dreams. They were willing to work with us on everything we wanted to do for our big day. We had our ceremony outside however, this venue had an incredible back up space inside which should give an bride/groom peace of mind if the weather were to be bad. The outside wedding ceremony site has the most beautiful views of the blue ridge mountains (which made for incredible photos) and after the ceremony they even drove us in a golf cart down to the vines to take pictures . As an added bonus, they have designed a beautiful bridal suite at the venue which makes for such a fun place to get ready and take pictures. We toured a lot of similar venues in the area and I can’t say enough how beautiful and well thought out this venue is. Having Terry Kaye Events as part of our package with the venue was such an amazing added bonus. Jordanna was incredible and made our wedding day completely stress-free.

Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery 25
    Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery 26
    Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery 27
    Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery 28
    Sent on 09/30/2018

Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery's reply:

Thank you Amanda, your wedding was dreamy and we loved working with you and your family.
    Congrats and enjoy your first holiday season as a married couple.
    Best,
    Terry

Cheryl Blair · Married on 09/01/2018

Nothing short or magical

This is by far the best venue to get married and I could not have asked for a better team.

Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery 29
    Sent on 12/15/2018
  • Nadine

Nadine · Married on 06/23/2018

The most perfect venue

From the second we pulled up to Blue Valley, we knew it had to be the one. The views paired with the modern decor inside set it apart from any other venue we looked at. The event planners were SO helpful during this process - the wedding day itself was so low stress because of them. Unfortunately we had to take the ceremony inside, but they had a great backup location where everyone could still see the views during the ceremony. I had multiple people tell me it was the most beautiful place they had ever been. I am SO LUCKY we found it.

Sent on 12/14/2018

Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery's reply:

Thank you Nadine, you were a stunning bride inside or outside:)
    Weather is so tricky but you still go some great outdoor photo's. Thank you for choosing Blue Valley, we loved having you and your family celebrate with us.
    Terry & Team BVVW

Coleen · Married on 06/08/2018

I initially visited Blue Valley Vineyard during their grand opening just a few years ago and I knew then that I would eventually host an event there. The winery itself is modern and elegant with beautiful views of the Shenandoah valley and mountains - the perfect setting for my son’s graduation lunch! The staff is friendly, professional and courteous and I would highly recommend BVVW to anyone seeking a gorgeous venue for a wedding, bridal shower or luncheon or simply a place to have a great glass of wine!

Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery 34
    Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery 35
    Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery 36
    Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery 37
    Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery 38
    Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery 39
    Sent on 06/13/2018

D · event on: 12/09/2017

Beautiful venue with more of a modern touch.

Sent on 12/30/2017

D · Married on 12/02/2017

Beautiful venue with more of a modern touch!

Sent on 12/31/2017
  • W

Wesley · Married on 09/23/2017

Very pleasant from the start to the end. Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/03/2017

Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery's reply:

Thank you Wesley and Kate, we loved hosting your event and getting to know you and your families. Hope to see you both soon!
    -BV

N. · Married on 06/24/2017

Terry and the staff there a wonderful. The event was seamless and the location is beyond beautiful.

Sent on 06/26/2017

Tory · Married on 06/17/2017

As Italians ourselves, it was important for us to find a vineyard that not only had good wine, but created the perfect setting for a large wedding. My husband and I met in college at JMU located in the Shenandoah valley so it was only natural that we would exchange our vows with the Blue Valley mountains as our backdrop. The Zizzio family are wonderful people and the owner Stergio made sure to take care of us on the big day (especially when he drove us around the vines so our photographer could take beautiful pictures!) Thank you so much Blue Valley for being apart of our beautiful day on 8.18.18

-The Anzalone/Pugliese family

Sent on 09/05/2018

Robin · Married on 06/10/2017

Beautiful venue and amazing staff! My special day was perfect! RR

Sent on 12/31/2017

Catherine · Married on 04/22/2017

Blue Valley was such a beautiful place to have my wedding! The views are amazing and the wedding coordinator was top notch! They took the worry and stress out of my special day and was very accommodating to my every request! :)

Sent on 05/04/2017

Silviu · Married on 03/24/2017

Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery is literally the most beautiful winery I have ever seen. The view is breathtaking and I love the modern yet rustic feel of the interior design. We got married outside on the deck with the beautiful backdrop of the mountains. And then moved indoors for the reception. We even had cocktail hour down in the Barrel room and cave room, which was a unique and awesome experience for all of our guests. The owners and our on site event coordinator were so accomdating and pleasant to work with. Our day could not have been more perfect!

Sent on 06/15/2017

Blue Valley was the first venue we checked out and we ended up booking it on the spot for our beautiful October fall wedding! The owner Stergio was attentive to us during each visit before our wedding and was there to ensure our big day went off without a hitch. Terry Kaye is a true professional who took all of the stress out of our wedding day. We also hosted our rehearsal dinner here in their barrel room, which was incredibly beautiful and romantic. Our friends & family had a blast partying at this new and incredibly scenic winery on our wedding day. Also, having a loft available in case of bad weather was worth its weight in gold...we experienced first hand since it did rain on our wedding day! Excellent experience at Blue Valley and we plan to visit regularly in the years to come.

Sent on 12/09/2016

Julia · Married on 09/24/2016

Blue Valley Vineyards is the best place you could ever imagine to get married at. The mansion on the hill gives you a 360 degree GORGEOUS view of Delaplane Virginia. The venue itself is chic, elegant and minimalist, which allows the bride and groom add a ton of decorations to bring their personalities into the venue. Blue Valley comes with a day of events coordinator, she is golden! Terry was responsive to every little question we had and always made it seem like she was on our side to make our day perfect! Shes sits down with you to go over everything you could possible think of and then adds another 20 details you never would have thought of. During the event, she kept everything on schedule, made sure we were having the times of our lives, and kept the event going smoothly behind scenes. 3 days before the wedding our officiant got really sick and could not make the event... Terry came to the rescue and before she would let me freak out she said she already contacted everyone she knew of. She linked us with an awesome Pastor and the day was saved... not a single guest even knew this had happened. We cannot wait to come back for some delicious wine! I promise you cannot go wrong with this beautiful venue!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Amanda · Married on 09/10/2016

Matt and I fell in love with this winery when we first visited for a friend's birthday party. We were so pleased they had fall 2016 dates available for our wedding day. Matt and I loved working with Stergio and all the staff at the winery. The space is so beautiful and we loved the outdoor space for the ceremony. We were also relieved they had a beautiful indoor space incase of bad weather. We also used the wine cave for the rehearsal dinner which was such a beautiful and special for our guests. We love the winery and will be back to celebrate many anniversaries.

Sent on 12/01/2016

Theresa · Married on 12/05/2015

Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery is one of the most beautiful wedding venues I have had the pleasure of working at. As a photographer, I appreciate diverse locations to use for portraits on a wedding day and Blue Valley had no shortage of photogenic backdrops! From the contemporary brick building to the gorgeous scenic view of the mountains, this wedding venue was certainly a delight for me, as well as all of the guests. The large, open dance floor provided a wonderful space for the couple and their family and friends to enjoy themselves during the reception. I would highly recommend Blue Valley Vineyard for couples looking for a fantastic wedding venue!

Sent on 03/28/2016

Kristin · event on: 05/17/2015

Blue Valley is a very special place - whether for event, a place to relax overlooking the Shenandoah, or just to stop and have a glass of good wine. The interior is impeccably decortated and the exterior is gorgeous - with Mother Nature throwing in some of the best views of the Shenandoah Valley you'll find anywhere. The staff is great, the owners knowledgeable and welcoming. You will enjoy every second of your time at Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery.

Sent on 06/02/2015