38 Reviews for Blue Sky Photography, LLC

Digital Files (1)
Proofs (1)
38 Blue Sky Photography, LLC Reviews

0.5

Five months ago on December 31, 2017, I had my once in a lifetime wedding day and have yet to see a single picture from that special day. I should have known things would not go well when communication with Steven leading up to the wedding was less than satisfying, especially for a bride traveling 400+ miles to the Outer Banks. The Thursday before my wedding, I contacted Steven letting him know I was on the island with no response. I contacted him again Friday and Saturday with no response until late Saturday night, finally getting confirmation that he would be there. He was great the day of the wedding and as Steven was leaving, he told my husband and I we would have the photos by the first week of February. We were pleased because the contract stately differently. By February 13, I had not heard from Steven since the wedding day and sent a quick email asking how things were going with our photos. Steven stated he was on vacation with family and would call me when he got back. On February 22, I had still not received a phone call so I sent another email and called him with no response. After many emails and phone calls from my family and I, I finally received an email from Steven on March 11 stating he was having family troubles and would mail out my photos. I provided him with my address and asked for tracking as well as the online site to view our photos, which is stated in the contract. I have not had a response to my communication with Steven since the March 11 email. Again, many phone calls and emails with no response and still no photos from our wedding day, which was paid in full with 2 checks, both have been cashed.

Profile Picture Samantha, 12/31/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Proofs, High-Res Images

Planning a wedding in Corolla while living in Ohio was stressful; to say the least. I brought a lot of anxiety into my conversations with all my venders, especially my conversation with Steve (our photographer). From the first moment we spoke though, to the day we received our photos, I enjoyed working with him. I thought he was professional, but not to a fault. He's relaxed, but also knew when to speak up so we stayed on schedule. Of all the people we looked at, he had the best work and most affordable prices.

Profile Picture Alecia, 6/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Absolutely a great experience. Definitely recommended.

Profile Picture emily, 1/7/17, 1 Review
2.7

Steve was terrific to work with. He's genuine, engages with the folks he's shooting, and has an amazing eye for detail. We were so pleased with our experience with Blue Sky Photography. Steve had us laughing the whole day - even in a hurricane! We were so comfortable with Steve and we truly enjoyed the day with him. We absolutely cannot wait to see the results and are so happy we went with Steve and Blue Sky!

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/2/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Photography

AMAZING! What can I say except for the fact that Steve is absolutely amazing. He shot our wedding this past November in Hudson Valley NY and I couldn't have asked for a better photographer to capture the joy and happiness that transpired on that day. He was professional yet funny, patient yet focused, and went above and beyond to ensure that we got the most beautiful staged and candid shots. Our pictures are breathtaking and it is 100% because of his vision and magic. Whatsmore, even our wedding guests absolutely loved being shot by him! I would highly recommend him for all your special moments, I know for sure we will certainly hire him again! Shanise and Stephen

Profile Picture Shanise, 11/2/14, 2 Reviews

Amazing!!

I chose Blue Sky based off of photos that I saw online. I knew nothing about Steve other than what I read on the website, and I didn't meet him in person until a few weeks before my wedding. This would freak anyone else out, but Steve was so pleasant to speak with and knew so much about photography, that it felt as if we had known each other for years.

Steve and his second shooter Nicole were awesome on my wedding day. From the second Nicole entered my hotel room, she was snapping pictures and quickly became a part of the bridal party. Every time I thought to myself "I wish I had a picture of this," Nicole was there.

Both Steve and Nicole did an amazing job capturing all of the important moments of my day. They helped arrange our first look at the train station and then had the bridal party take pictures all around the train station including a shot on the benches where we were surrounded by commuters who were taking their own photos and clapping for us. What a great way to start off your wedding day!

I was a little bummed that we wouldn't get pictures of the sunset because it was a cloudy day. I told Steve that he could forget about the sunset pictures because it was getting dark out and he immediately told me to hold on. He ran outside, found the one beautiful purple spot in the sky and grabbed us so we could take pictures with the sunset.

I hate pictures of myself (and made a face every time Steve showed me a photo) but I am looking forward to seeing our pictures.

Thank you Steve and Nicole!! I can't wait to work with you both in the future! xoxo

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/26/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Photography

It was great experience working with Steven! He is very patient and professional. (Sorry it took us 3 years to leave a review... pregnant right after wedding and super busy with kid...)
We can’t ask for more! Thank you. :)

Profile Picture Lindsey, 6/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We traveled from Ohio for our wedding in the outer banks and we used Steve from Blue Sky to photograph it. Besides his talent, the next best thing to working with him is his patience. He was great with the kids, fantastic with my grandparents and soooooooo easy to work with - everybody loved him. Two thumbs up!

Profile Picture User4200990, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Awesome is the only way to describe my experience. Thanks for everything.

Profile Picture User4109549, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
1.6

My wedding was in early April 2014. I selected all of the pictures for my wedding album by the end of May 2014. I didn't receive a draft of my album until March 2015. I approved the draft that very same day. I was told it would take approximately 7 weeks to receive the album. I started following up on the status of the album after 12 weeks. It has now been 29 weeks and I still don't have my album. I have called, texted, and emailed countless times. I only received responses 3 times and each time I was told that the album vendor would be called and I would hear back shortly. I never once heard back.
At this point, I am not sure I will ever receive my album. My next step will be to contact my attorney. Do yourself a favor a hire someone else and save yourself the aggravation.

Profile Picture User3716553, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography

Dave and I really really enjoyed the quality and service we received from Steve and Nicole. They had a quick turn around time and our family and friends give us nothing but compliments about our wedding photos - they're awesome. We're working on our album now and the they're making the process really easy for us - the price threw us for a loop, but we have expensive taste.

Profile Picture User4049122, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

My husband and I were married on September 20, 2013. From the moment we met Steve (owner) we knew he was the photographer for us. He's laid back and made us very comfortable to be around (we both usually dislike getting our pictures taken.) He and his assistant, Nicole arrived on time if not early and were with us all day and night. They accommodated any suggestion we had and made the whole process fun! Our guests were commenting to us at how nice they both were. They were unobtrusive and professional. You could see how much they enjoy their jobs and the art of photography. We would highly recommend using Blue Sky Photography for your wedding. And we can't wait to see our pictures that we know are going to be AMAZING!!!
Mr. & Mrs. Strickland

Profile Picture Michele, 9/20/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I were married in Salvo, N.C. in July and came across Steven's name with Blue Sky Photography while searching online. We loved his photography style, and felt even better after talking with him on the phone. He was incredibly flexible, easy-going, and responsive during the time leading up to our wedding. We really felt like he was listening to what we wanted, and he never made us feel stressed out at all- quite the opposite. At the wedding, which was only 40 people at a rental house on the sound, Steven fit in beautifully with our friends and family and basically felt like part of the party. He was so relaxed, subtle, and easy-going. I barely realized that he was in the girls' suite while we were all getting ready, and he captured those moments sweetly and un-obtrusively. Our photos are gorgeous and captured our day completely authentically. Steven knows the OBX- he used the beautiful sunset we were lucky enough to get on our night perfectly. We have a wonderful mix of fun, playful shots (bridal jump shot anyone?) and classic portaits. It will be very hard to choose which to frame! Bottom line: High-quality, low-stress, excellent value. Very satisfied bride and groom here.

Profile Picture Emily, 7/14/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My wife and I chose Steven to be our photographer without ever meeting him. This was a bit scary, but we stayed in constant communication throughout the wedding process. We had a destination wedding in obx and decided to meet when we arrived. Both Steven and his wife were so welcoming it produced a calming effect on my wife and I from the start. When the wedding day came I cannot say how many times I heard from Steven "it's your day enjoy it" and could honestly see how much he enjoyed his work. First off, at the wedding you would hardly know he was there, however after seeing the pictures he is a master at his craft. We've gotten so many compliments for the range of pictures we've gotten from the wedding both traditional and modern looking shots most people wouldn't think to take. It definitely made our wedding day to work with Blue Sky Photography and we would highly recommend them to anyone.

Profile Picture User3423341, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We CAN NOT Say enough THANK YOUS!!!!
Congratulations to Jennifer and Rob on winning the grand prize at Sunday’s 9/23/12 bridal show which includes a Wedding Photo package give away compliments of Blue Sky Photography!!

Steve give us something that was just unbelievable! We where very lucky to have him as our photographer!! His work was great. Steve was with us from the afternoon till our wedding was over.

P.S sorry for the late review!! it's 7/18/13 and we got married on 3/16/13.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 3/16/13, 7 Reviews
1.2

Takes a long time to respond and turn around photos.

Profile Picture User3203678, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Steve was an absolute joy to work with. He was open to all of our requests, was patient after our family had a few drinks, and produced some of the most amazing photos I've ever seen. A wedding is such an important time and it makes me so happy to know it was documented so dilligently and beautifully.

Profile Picture User2732054, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Aside from picking my groom :) picking my photographer was the most important decision on my list for making my wedding day perfect. After all, the day flies by in an instant...but your pictures will last you forever. I could not be happier with my decision of going with Blue Sky Photography. Steven and his assistant, Nicole, helped to capture every detail of our day...from the smallest little nuances...to capturing the grand, amazing backgrounds we found ourselves in. His vision for all the different locations we could take photos in, as well as his creativity for the different ways & angles & uses of lighting on each shot were just remarkable. I look at the pictures now and think...is that us? Where was he when he took that picture? They were truly amazing. He was also able to capture the most beautiful pictures of family members that are usually talking in photos...bouncing around...or not looking at the camera. But he got them all! I also appreciated his calm demeanor and sense of humor that kept things light throughout the planning process and throughout the day. It was very comforting. I'd highly recommend blue sky photography for your wedding photography...or really any photography! You won't regret it.

Profile Picture Monica, 9/15/12, 8 Reviews
3.4

We used Blue Sky as our photographer when we got married 5 years ago. To this day, we have not received the album we were promised. After receiving our proofs/link to the pictures, we emailed our list of requested photos for our album to Blue Sky approximately 6-8 weeks after our wedding. After waiting several weeks with no response, we made multiple attempts on our end to get an update on this with no response from Blue Sky. I eventually spoke with the owner personally who assured me he would get it taken care of. However, still waiting......

Profile Picture Teddi Ann, 9/8/12, 1 Review
3.0

Still working with the owner of this company but right now I can say my overall experience has been good, I give them 3 stars but will write another review once my album has been completed.

Profile Picture User3647229, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Wow wow wow! Thank you so much Steve for making our wedding pictures and wedding go smoothly! Steve is not only a successful and talented photographer but a great person! My husband Keith and I had shopped around for quite a time, trying to find a wedding photog. When we came across Blue Sky Photography, we both knew that he was the one for the job! From the get go Steve was professional and courteous. He worked around OUR schedule. Which helped out a lot since my husband and I live in South Florida. One of his packages offers either an engagement photoshoot or a post wedding photoshoot. We opted for the engagement. Our pictures came out BEAUTIFUL! I'm still getting complements on them! The day of the wedding, Steve and his assistant were nothing but nice. They weren't intrusive at all. It almost felt like they weren't even there! If you are thinking about choosing Steve and his wonderful staff you will most definitely NOT be disappointed. He's the best of the best, the cream of the crop! Thanks again Steve for a wonderful experience and our gorgeous wedding photo's! Katie & Keith Costa, Fort Lauderdale, FL

Profile Picture Katie, 10/8/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Steve, I would like to thank you very much for taking the photos of Debbie & JT's wedding on 7/16/2011. You were wonderful and so patient, even when we were all a little nervous. You made taking pictures comfortable for all of us. You were sensitive to our families and timed the photos, so that we could enjoy the reception. You were not intrusive or bothersome. You made us relaxed by your good nature.
Debbie was so confident and relaxed from the very beginning when she was deciding on a photographer that you were the one she wanted to do her wedding.
Thank you again for making my daughter's day so easy and fun. I appreciate all
you did to make this such a special and cherished memory for her and her husband.
Ellen Lisewski (Debbie's Mom)
To anyone looking for a photographer for their wedding, I highly recommend Blue Sky Photography. Steve is great!

Profile Picture Ellen , 7/16/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I just want to say first and foremost Steve is amazing and he basically saved our wedding.

Well heres our story, me and my wife gina had agreed to use a photographer samed sam from picsbysam photography. she did not show up on our wedding day after recieving a 250$ deposit from us. Steve Planck from blue sky photography was called by the staff of the Villa Borghese of Wappinger Falls about a half hour after the ceremony ended. my wife was completley crushed because we had no pictures of the ceremony other than the pictures that were taken by our guests. he arrived about twenty minutes after he was called and made my wife unbelievably happy.... she thought her night was ruined. he came and was amazing with the whole family. he was great to have and i wish i had read reviews about him prior to the wedding because i would have called him in a heartbeat. To anyone reading this and considering using his services. do not even hesitate one moment. you will be completley satisfied. Def a 10 out of 10 !!! Thanks Steve

----- Anthony and Gina Boe

Profile Picture Anthony, 7/9/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Steve (and Dawn :)) with Blueskyphotography were phenomenal. They were professional, efficient and just a pleasure to work with. Steve has vision that is unlike anyone else and creates beauty from any medium placed in front of him. The photo packages are a little bit pricey for us poor folk (me :)), but worth every penny. If there's one thing you want to invest in it's capturing your "princess day" forever (especially since it flys by so fast you can hardly remember all the details); Steve will be sure to capture everything you can't. I HIGHLY recommend Blueskyphotography to anyone willing to invest in an everlasting memorable wedding experience; you will not be disappointed. We plan on calling Steve in the future once there's a new Esteves' addition :)

Thank you Blueskyphotography!

Profile Picture Carly, 5/27/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

As anyone reading this website will know, planning and executing a successful wedding can be a happy but extremely stressful process. There are many components to a wedding and each of them are incredibly important. But in capturing and preserving those beautiful, sweet, fun, and candid moments of a wedding, no component is more vital than a quality photographer.

Steve Planck and his assisting staff at Blue Sky embody the type of photographer that any future couple should look for. His service was top notch. Steve sat down with my wife and I several times leading up to the big day to talk about what we were looking for in our photos and to plan out our day's worth of pictures.

On our wedding day, he had the courtesy to call both my wife and I to check in on us in the morning and to touch base before starting his day of shots. For each side of the family he knew exactly how to plan out the best shots with the people in the photos and the surrounding area. During our ceremony and reception, Steve was able to capture amazing candid photos. It was truly wonderful.

In sum, Steve is an amazing artist. He provides a valuable service and I can assure any future engaged couples that they will not regret their decision to go with Blue Sky for the most important day of their lives.

Profile Picture Rich, 4/29/11, 1 Review