Blue Sky Photography, LLC Reviews

38 | Kitty Hawk, NC

38 Reviews for Blue Sky Photography, LLC

38 Blue Sky Photography, LLC Reviews

Alecia · Married on 06/15/2017

Planning a wedding in Corolla while living in Ohio was stressful; to say the least. I brought a lot of anxiety into my conversations with all my venders, especially my conversation with Steve (our photographer). From the first moment we spoke though, to the day we received our photos, I enjoyed working with him. I thought he was professional, but not to a fault. He's relaxed, but also knew when to speak up so we stayed on schedule. Of all the people we looked at, he had the best work and most affordable prices.

Shanise · Married on 11/02/2014

AMAZING! What can I say except for the fact that Steve is absolutely amazing. He shot our wedding this past November in Hudson Valley NY and I couldn't have asked for a better photographer to capture the joy and happiness that transpired on that day. He was professional yet funny, patient yet focused, and went above and beyond to ensure that we got the most beautiful staged and candid shots. Our pictures are breathtaking and it is 100% because of his vision and magic. Whatsmore, even our wedding guests absolutely loved being shot by him! I would highly recommend him for all your special moments, I know for sure we will certainly hire him again! Shanise and Stephen

Rachel · Married on 10/26/2014

Amazing!!

I chose Blue Sky based off of photos that I saw online. I knew nothing about Steve other than what I read on the website, and I didn't meet him in person until a few weeks before my wedding. This would freak anyone else out, but Steve was so pleasant to speak with and knew so much about photography, that it felt as if we had known each other for years.

Steve and his second shooter Nicole were awesome on my wedding day. From the second Nicole entered my hotel room, she was snapping pictures and quickly became a part of the bridal party. Every time I thought to myself "I wish I had a picture of this," Nicole was there.

Both Steve and Nicole did an amazing job capturing all of the important moments of my day. They helped arrange our first look at the train station and then had the bridal party take pictures all around the train station including a shot on the benches where we were surrounded by commuters who were taking their own photos and clapping for us. What a great way to start off your wedding day!

I was a little bummed that we wouldn't get pictures of the sunset because it was a cloudy day. I told Steve that he could forget about the sunset pictures because it was getting dark out and he immediately told me to hold on. He ran outside, found the one beautiful purple spot in the sky and grabbed us so we could take pictures with the sunset.

I hate pictures of myself (and made a face every time Steve showed me a photo) but I am looking forward to seeing our pictures.

Thank you Steve and Nicole!! I can't wait to work with you both in the future! xoxo

Sent on 10/30/2014

Blue Sky Photography, LLC's reply:

Rachel + Michael First off - you're awesome! Nicole and I had an amazing time with you. We smiled so much our face hurt. Second, I'm a photographer. I spend my life with a camera in my hand and I really don't like pictures of myself either, so I feel your pain. YOU have nothing to worry about. You looked absolutely stunning from head to toe. Mike is a lucky guy!!!! I'll need about 6-7 weeks to get all your photos ready, but I'll send you some teasers while you're waiting.

Lindsey · Married on 06/28/2014

It was great experience working with Steven! He is very patient and professional. (Sorry it took us 3 years to leave a review... pregnant right after wedding and super busy with kid...)
    We can’t ask for more! Thank you. :)

• User4200990 · 2+ years ago

We traveled from Ohio for our wedding in the outer banks and we used Steve from Blue Sky to photograph it. Besides his talent, the next best thing to working with him is his patience. He was great with the kids, fantastic with my grandparents and soooooooo easy to work with - everybody loved him. Two thumbs up!

Awesome is the only way to describe my experience. Thanks for everything.

My wife and I chose Steven to be our photographer without ever meeting him. This was a bit scary, but we stayed in constant communication throughout the wedding process. We had a destination wedding in obx and decided to meet when we arrived. Both Steven and his wife were so welcoming it produced a calming effect on my wife and I from the start. When the wedding day came I cannot say how many times I heard from Steven "it's your day enjoy it" and could honestly see how much he enjoyed his work. First off, at the wedding you would hardly know he was there, however after seeing the pictures he is a master at his craft. We've gotten so many compliments for the range of pictures we've gotten from the wedding both traditional and modern looking shots most people wouldn't think to take. It definitely made our wedding day to work with Blue Sky Photography and we would highly recommend them to anyone.

• User2732054 · 2+ years ago

Steve was an absolute joy to work with. He was open to all of our requests, was patient after our family had a few drinks, and produced some of the most amazing photos I've ever seen. A wedding is such an important time and it makes me so happy to know it was documented so dilligently and beautifully.

Ellen · Married on 07/16/2011

Steve, I would like to thank you very much for taking the photos of Debbie & JT's wedding on 7/16/2011. You were wonderful and so patient, even when we were all a little nervous. You made taking pictures comfortable for all of us. You were sensitive to our families and timed the photos, so that we could enjoy the reception. You were not intrusive or bothersome. You made us relaxed by your good nature.
    Debbie was so confident and relaxed from the very beginning when she was deciding on a photographer that you were the one she wanted to do her wedding.
    Thank you again for making my daughter's day so easy and fun. I appreciate all
    you did to make this such a special and cherished memory for her and her husband.
    Ellen Lisewski (Debbie's Mom)
    To anyone looking for a photographer for their wedding, I highly recommend Blue Sky Photography. Steve is great!

Anthony · Married on 07/09/2011

I just want to say first and foremost Steve is amazing and he basically saved our wedding.

Well heres our story, me and my wife gina had agreed to use a photographer samed sam from picsbysam photography. she did not show up on our wedding day after recieving a 250$ deposit from us. Steve Planck from blue sky photography was called by the staff of the Villa Borghese of Wappinger Falls about a half hour after the ceremony ended. my wife was completley crushed because we had no pictures of the ceremony other than the pictures that were taken by our guests. he arrived about twenty minutes after he was called and made my wife unbelievably happy.... she thought her night was ruined. he came and was amazing with the whole family. he was great to have and i wish i had read reviews about him prior to the wedding because i would have called him in a heartbeat. To anyone reading this and considering using his services. do not even hesitate one moment. you will be completley satisfied. Def a 10 out of 10 !!! Thanks Steve

----- Anthony and Gina Boe

Carly · Married on 05/27/2011

Steve (and Dawn :)) with Blueskyphotography were phenomenal. They were professional, efficient and just a pleasure to work with. Steve has vision that is unlike anyone else and creates beauty from any medium placed in front of him. The photo packages are a little bit pricey for us poor folk (me :)), but worth every penny. If there's one thing you want to invest in it's capturing your "princess day" forever (especially since it flys by so fast you can hardly remember all the details); Steve will be sure to capture everything you can't. I HIGHLY recommend Blueskyphotography to anyone willing to invest in an everlasting memorable wedding experience; you will not be disappointed. We plan on calling Steve in the future once there's a new Esteves' addition :)

Thank you Blueskyphotography!

Rich · Married on 04/29/2011

As anyone reading this website will know, planning and executing a successful wedding can be a happy but extremely stressful process. There are many components to a wedding and each of them are incredibly important. But in capturing and preserving those beautiful, sweet, fun, and candid moments of a wedding, no component is more vital than a quality photographer.

Steve Planck and his assisting staff at Blue Sky embody the type of photographer that any future couple should look for. His service was top notch. Steve sat down with my wife and I several times leading up to the big day to talk about what we were looking for in our photos and to plan out our day's worth of pictures.

On our wedding day, he had the courtesy to call both my wife and I to check in on us in the morning and to touch base before starting his day of shots. For each side of the family he knew exactly how to plan out the best shots with the people in the photos and the surrounding area. During our ceremony and reception, Steve was able to capture amazing candid photos. It was truly wonderful.

In sum, Steve is an amazing artist. He provides a valuable service and I can assure any future engaged couples that they will not regret their decision to go with Blue Sky for the most important day of their lives.

Kori · Married on 08/21/2010

Wow! I don't think there are words perfect enough to describe our experience with Blue Sky Photography and Steven Planck. Steve and his assistants provided so much more than we could have ever, ever asked for in a wedding photographer. Steve provided us with top notch ideas and suggestions, and was able to capture all the big and little details of the day. The days of large camera equipment are over!! Steve was everywhere, but never sticking out or in the way. He captured all the little things that most people wouldn't even think about! Blue Sky Photography truly provides a unique product!!

Nicholas · Married on 08/08/2010

Blue Sky Photography and Steven Planck were everything we could have asked for in a wedding photographer. Steve provided us with an open line of communication throughout, supportive comments and suggestions, and a price that would be hard to beat. As per our wishes, Steve's camera wasn't an overwhelming presence at our reception, but somehow he managed to capture SO MANY incredible photos. He's like photo ghost or something. It's amazing. Looking through the photos, my wife and I were like, "Steve caught that? How was that possible? Didn't see him all night!" And afterward, he was courteous and helpful and quick with the return of photos. We even got a video out of the deal! Here's to Steve and Blue Sky for helping us never forget our wedding day!

Sarina · Married on 06/12/2010

We just had our wedding this past Saturday (June 12) and Steven was AMAZING!!! He was professional, friendly and was a pleasure to work with. We were very nervous pictures were going to get in the way of us enjoying our wedding but that did NOT happen! He was quick and kept us moving at just the right pace. He was fabulous directing us in front of the camera, telling us how to move our bodies and made you feel beautiful doing it! He was on time and stayed until the very end to capture everything. All I can say is I would DEFINITELY recommend him!!! He has a great personality and we had such a fun time doing the photos!!!! (which we thought we were going to dread, but did not!) Can't wait to see all the photos!! Thanks Steven!

Matt & Meg · Married on 05/28/2010

Steve did the best job photographing our wedding. Not only did the pictures turn out great but we actually had the most fun actually taking the pictures. He turned a traditionally stressful situation into one that we really enjoyed. His photos covered every aspect of the wedding, as well as before and after. We were really impressed with not only Steve, but the creativeness of his work. Thanks Steve!!

Eliza · Married on 10/16/2009

Our overall experience with Steve was wonderful! He is extremely talented and knows how to capture the perfect shot. We honestly had fun taking our pictures with him. I would strongly recommend him to anyone. Just by looking at his website you will see how he stands out from other photographers.

Dave and I really really enjoyed the quality and service we received from Steve and Nicole. They had a quick turn around time and our family and friends give us nothing but compliments about our wedding photos - they're awesome. We're working on our album now and the they're making the process really easy for us - the price threw us for a loop, but we have expensive taste.

Bobbi Sue · Married on 07/24/2010

We can’t say enough about our wedding photographer, Steven Planck of Blue Sky Photography. The proof is in the pictures! We truly enjoyed working with him. He listed to us and gave us everything we were expecting and so much more. Our photos are stunning! It is impossible to choose a favorite so it is a good thing that we have them all digitally. Our wedding package price was competitive compared to all the photographers we interviewed. Steve also offered us an amazing engagement photoshoot. We will absolutely cherish all these photos forever!

William · Married on 05/29/2010

Krishel and I absolutely loved Steve's quality of work. He was friendly yet assertive which was good when organizing people to take group shots of the bridal party. We were nervous that he might get in the way, but none of us felt that at all even when he had two assistants walking around taking pictures and helping with lighting! We absolutely loved how he asked us for our opinion and what type of shots we were looking for a few days before because it saved time come the day of our wedding! We definitely recommend him to anyone else who is looking for great pictures and a great photographer! We even had a day after shoot where we spent 4 hours taking shots of just the two of us at our pick of location, the mohonk mountain house. Thanks a lot Steve!

Sarah · Married on 10/03/2009

Steve is a talented, professional, and patient photographer. My husband hates having his picture taken, but Steve still managed to get a ton of shots of him smiling, mostly because he didn't even know the pictures were being taken! Steve's style is unobtrusive and candid, and he has a great eye for getting all the best shots. He even scouted out some really nice locations at our reception site and got some excellent formal photos of us there. He and his assistant captured the day perfectly. I highly recommend him.

emily · Married on 01/07/2017

Absolutely a great experience. Definitely recommended.

Michele · Married on 09/20/2013

My husband and I were married on September 20, 2013. From the moment we met Steve (owner) we knew he was the photographer for us. He's laid back and made us very comfortable to be around (we both usually dislike getting our pictures taken.) He and his assistant, Nicole arrived on time if not early and were with us all day and night. They accommodated any suggestion we had and made the whole process fun! Our guests were commenting to us at how nice they both were. They were unobtrusive and professional. You could see how much they enjoy their jobs and the art of photography. We would highly recommend using Blue Sky Photography for your wedding. And we can't wait to see our pictures that we know are going to be AMAZING!!!
    Mr. & Mrs. Strickland

Emily · Married on 07/14/2013

My husband and I were married in Salvo, N.C. in July and came across Steven's name with Blue Sky Photography while searching online. We loved his photography style, and felt even better after talking with him on the phone. He was incredibly flexible, easy-going, and responsive during the time leading up to our wedding. We really felt like he was listening to what we wanted, and he never made us feel stressed out at all- quite the opposite. At the wedding, which was only 40 people at a rental house on the sound, Steven fit in beautifully with our friends and family and basically felt like part of the party. He was so relaxed, subtle, and easy-going. I barely realized that he was in the girls' suite while we were all getting ready, and he captured those moments sweetly and un-obtrusively. Our photos are gorgeous and captured our day completely authentically. Steven knows the OBX- he used the beautiful sunset we were lucky enough to get on our night perfectly. We have a wonderful mix of fun, playful shots (bridal jump shot anyone?) and classic portaits. It will be very hard to choose which to frame! Bottom line: High-quality, low-stress, excellent value. Very satisfied bride and groom here.

Katie · Married on 10/08/2011

Wow wow wow! Thank you so much Steve for making our wedding pictures and wedding go smoothly! Steve is not only a successful and talented photographer but a great person! My husband Keith and I had shopped around for quite a time, trying to find a wedding photog. When we came across Blue Sky Photography, we both knew that he was the one for the job! From the get go Steve was professional and courteous. He worked around OUR schedule. Which helped out a lot since my husband and I live in South Florida. One of his packages offers either an engagement photoshoot or a post wedding photoshoot. We opted for the engagement. Our pictures came out BEAUTIFUL! I'm still getting complements on them! The day of the wedding, Steve and his assistant were nothing but nice. They weren't intrusive at all. It almost felt like they weren't even there! If you are thinking about choosing Steve and his wonderful staff you will most definitely NOT be disappointed. He's the best of the best, the cream of the crop! Thanks again Steve for a wonderful experience and our gorgeous wedding photo's! Katie & Keith Costa, Fort Lauderdale, FL