Blue Sky Events Reviews

Blue Sky Events 6
Blue Sky Events 7
  • Megan

Megan Crimmins · Married on 02/01/2019

Wouldn't have made it without her

Our coordinator was Aimee and our wedding was a destination. We live in NY and had the wedding in Lake Tahoe, CA. Aimee is amazing and made our day as perfect as it could perfectly be. Especially since it was a destination and we couldn't meet any of our vendors in person until the wedding day. She was there every step of the month before planning ensuring no detail slipped through the cracks. The actual day of the wedding proceeded as smoothly as possible due to her help.

Sent on 02/06/2019
    Blue Sky Events 8

Jennifer · Married on 09/22/2018

Could not have lived without them!

Lindsey Johnson from Blue Sky Events was our wedding planner and by far, the most valuable resource to our wedding. I researched a ridiculous number of vendors on my own and felt overwhelmed trying to figure out who I could depend on and who would be able to do a good job. As soon as we hired her, she gave us her list of trusted resources and made everything a breeze! People were shocked to see how relaxed and stress-free we were about wedding planning and it's all because of Lindsey. She was super responsive and professional. The day of, she kept everything running smoothly, resolved all hiccups that I wasn't even aware of until the following day. She even did all the little things - had champagne and snacks in the bridal waiting room before the ceremony, put the notecards for my thank you speech at our table, made sure the wedding cards were safe and back in our room at the end. Most of all, she was kind, understanding, funny - everyone told us that she was wonderful and genuinely enjoyed being around her. It's definitely a bit of an investment but if you're able to, it will save your life.

Sent on 01/24/2019

Claire B L · Married on 08/25/2018

Highly recommend!!

My husband and I worked with Chelsea to plan our wedding, and her organization and expertise was invaluable. We were planning our Tahoe wedding from Washington, DC, so it was super helpful to have a local expert. I researched and interviewed multiple wedding planners in the area, and Blue Sky rose to the top of my list because of their positive attitudes, their welcoming energy, and their attention to detail. The week of our wedding, Chelsea made sure that all of the details were taken care of, and her coordination the day of was amazing! We never worried about anything the day of, and the event was perfect. Many of our friends and family told us that they had never been to such a wonderful, well-executed wedding.
    We also really enjoyed Chelsea's personality - she was fun, laid back, but also very competent and took our opinions seriously. The day of the wedding, she made sure we were feeling good and happy, and after the ceremony she put together a plate of our appetizers for us with our signature cocktails to make sure that we got to enjoy everything. She was amazing, and we would highly recommend Blue Sky Events for planning a beautiful, fun, smooth wedding!

Sent on 01/27/2019
  • Katherine

Katherine · Married on 08/24/2018

I had a great experience working with Blue Sky Events and specifically, my planner Amie, for my wedding this summer. I do a lot of event planning as part of my day job, so my bar is pretty high, and I was extremely satisfied with their services. In particular, Amie did a wonderful job recommending and helping me manage my vendors, and coordination in the week of my wedding and on the day itself was outstanding. The whole thing went off without a hitch and was extremely low stress for me, thanks in very large part to Amie and her team. Would definitely recommend.

Sent on 09/10/2018

Kristine Morris · Married on 08/11/2018

AMAZING wedding planning

Planning a wedding in Lake Tahoe was a daunting task from out of state, let alone at a venue that is a private property, requiring us to bring everything in ourselves. Being someone who likes to organize and plan things on my own, I was looking for a month-of wedding planner to help out. I was lucky enough to come across Blue Sky Events in my search and couldn't be happier with our choice. We spoke to Chelsea on the phone and she immediately impressed us with her professionalism and knowledge. We met with her in person when we were in town, but mostly communicated via email and phone. She always responded promptly, even in the midst of a busy wedding season, making us feel like a priority. Chelsea was SO MUCH more than a month of planner. She gave us incredible vendor recommendations when some of ours fell through, did the entire rental order which would have been a huge headache to figure out, and organized the rehearsal and the whole wedding day schedule down to every last detail. From the ceremony schedule, to the layout of tables and food stations, she handled it all perfectly. Our family and friends were honestly floored by how incredible Chelsea was, pulling it all off with a smile. She made every effort to ensure we weren't stressed on our big day, and I am forever grateful for that! I highly recommend hiring Chelsea from Blue Sky Events!

Sent on 12/19/2018

Erin Ballard · Married on 07/30/2018

Wonderful!

Blue Sky Events and Aimee Salcido were incredibly responsive and professional. An absolute pleasure to work with! Aimee answered all my questions, organized vendors for my needs and kept me on track. Highly, highly recommend them, you won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 12/19/2018

Christopher · Married on 07/21/2018

Where to begin? During the initial planning stages of our destination wedding to Lake Tahoe, we somehow thought we could handle everything ourselves from the other side of the country. Reluctantly, we reached out to Kerry and her team just to say we at least explored the idea of engaging with a wedding planner. Coming from someone who is a total DIY'er, we completely changed our tune- and it was the best decision we made. Kerry tailored the perfect package for our needs.

We were absolutely blessed to be paired with Lindsey Johnson. From day one throughout the next eleven months, Lindsey was not only extremely attentive, she continually hit home runs with her recommendations and suggestions. Having a local planner proved to be intrinsically valuable. Even though we picked out most of our vendors prior to engaging Blue Sky Events, she already had amazing working relationships with them from past events. Having that familiarity on your side goes a long way in removing some of those "unknowns" and the stress that comes with it.

Our ceremony and reception took place at the top of Heavenly Ski Resort at the Lakeview Lodge. From a logistical standpoint, this isn't the easiest venue due to vendor loading times, etc. Due to her vast experience of working with both the venue and our vendors, she was an absolute maestro in all communications leading up to, and day of our wedding.

As everyone knows, SOMETHING almost always doesn't go as planned. That's the beauty of life, I suppose! In our case, we had a massive hail storm right before our wedding ceremony was to begin. Lindsey knew how much an outdoor ceremony meant to us, so she immediately took charge and worked with the venue staff, our officiant, and our guests who were patiently waiting at the bottom of the tram to make the necessary adjustments to make it happen. And it was perfect!

We highly recommend BSE and their amazing staff.

The pic we posted is from Theilen Photography from the night of...

Sent on 08/04/2018
    Blue Sky Events 9

Kelly · Married on 06/16/2018

We would not have been able to pull off our wedding without Chelsea from Blue Sky Events. We planned our wedding in Lake Tahoe from across the country and while we could do a lot of the research and emailing ourselves, having someone local was invaluable. We didn't have the budget to have someone plan all the details of the wedding, but Blue Sky Events let us choose a plan where we could have a few hours with Chelsea before the wedding to review our vendor choices, have her create a detailed itinerary for the wedding day, and also be physically present the day-of to meet the vendors and make sure things went smoothly. Having someone local review our vendors and make suggestions for people to contact gave us confidence that we weren't missing any red flags and having someone there to orchestrate the day meant that our friends and family could fully enjoy the wedding. Thanks Chelsea!

Sent on 06/24/2018

Cara · Married on 06/01/2018

Our wedding planner, Chelsea, was absolutely a pleasure to work with and she and her team truly made our wedding the amazing event it was! From helping us pick vendors to the day itself, she was there every step of the way and I know our perfect day was so perfect because of her! Do yourself a favor and actually enjoy your wedding day by booking Blue Sky Events...you won't regret it!

Sent on 06/29/2018

Amy · Married on 05/25/2018

Lindsey planned our wedding from start to finish and I don't know how we would have done it without her! She walked us through every decision and vendor selection laying out thoughtful options, and giving her advice where we needed it. On the day I didn't have to think about anything and it was the smoothest, most stress-free day I could have imagined. We had SO MANY compliments on our wedding and it's all due to Lindsey's careful planning.

Sent on 06/04/2018
    Blue Sky Events 10

Shannah · Married on 05/04/2018

I realized I was in over my head towards the end of my wedding planning. I had too much going on and not enough will power to pull all the strings together. I checked with many wedding planners, some flat out refused a day of or month of event planning process, some told me I couldn’t afford them (very rude...). But Blue Sky Events made me feel extremely welcome! They didn’t make me feel bad for forgetting details I forgot to tell them till a few weeks before hand, and they really took hold of all the strings and pulled it together. Thank you specifically to Aimee who really made my day come together perfectly (even after a fire marshall almost put a kaibosh on the whole thing for no real reason. She handled it and if I didn’t have her there it would have been a major issue). And I believe her assistant’s name was Keri (pronounced curry. I am so sorry I don’t know the spelling of your name. I hope I got it right!). Thank you for helping out and making my day super special! We really had a wonderful day all thanks to you guys :)

Sent on 05/11/2018
    Blue Sky Events 15
    Blue Sky Events 16
    Blue Sky Events 17

Blue Sky Events's reply:

We loved working with you and your family! The day was absolutely beautiful.

Melody · Married on 10/07/2017

Kerry just made our wedding everything I had imagined it would be and more! I hired her and her company as a month of coordinator for my Edgewood October 7th wedding. She did everything from small favors to herding my sometimes oblivious family.

I explained my wedding vision to her and she delivered perfectly. I couldn't be more grateful for the help and support that she gave to me and my family on that special day.

I would highly recommend Kerry and her company. I'll be calling them for our 10th wedding anniversary celebration ;)

Thank you Kerry! xoxo

Sent on 10/18/2017

Blue Sky Events's reply:

It was our pleasure! Thank you for your kind words. Your friends and family were so fun, we loved every minute of it!

Lindsay · Married on 09/29/2017

I received the full service package with Blue Sky Events since I live about 4 hours away from South Lake Tahoe and I could not have been happier with everything the staff did. My husband and I met with Kerry to begin with and she was very personable and understanding of our situation and time constraints. The pricing can seem off putting at first for someone who has never planned a wedding before, but their services and efforts are worth much more after everything is said and done.

We mainly worked with Melissa and Lindsey during the whole process. Melissa did leave Blue Sky Events in the middle of our wedding planning process, but Lindsey picked up right where Melissa left off and the transition was seamless. I have to admit I was worried when this happened due to creating such a bond with Melissa, but Lindsey and Kerry made me feel reassured that nothing would be dropped and nothing was. The vendors that were recommended by Blue Sky were fantastic. Kerry, Melissa, and Lindsey were responsive to everyone one of my emails. Even to the point where I would be emailing Lindsey on her day off thinking she would get back to me the next business day, but she would get back to me that night. I was amazed and thankful due to my anxiety was running high when it was getting close to the wedding.

The wedding occurred at Edgewood late September 2017 and now since the wedding and planning is in the past, I am still impressed with Lindsey's professionalism, knowledge, and kindness. She was there during every anxiety ridden moment, especially during interactions with family members that do not understand wedding etiquette. Overall, our wedding day was perfect and Lindsey was with us every step of the way on that day.

If you are thinking of getting a wedding planner, please go with Blue Sky Events. You will not be disappointed at all!

Sent on 11/14/2017
    Blue Sky Events 18
    Blue Sky Events 19
    Blue Sky Events 20
    Blue Sky Events 21

Blue Sky Events's reply:

Thank you for this incredible review! We appreciate all your thoughtful words and appreciate you taking to time to explain the process. This will help future clients understand a little "behind the scenes" of planning wedding!

Lisa · Married on 09/16/2017

Chelsea and the team at Blue Sky were brilliant! They made it so much easier to plan a Lake Tahoe wedding from far away - helped match us with fabulous local vendors and keep track of all the little details, making the planning process much less stressful. Thanks to Chelsea's attention to detail, we didn't have to worry about anything on our big day - it went perfectly! We would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 10/04/2017

Blue Sky Events's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to send us such positive feedback! Best Wishes

Vinti · Married on 09/10/2017

We got married at Heavenly on Sep 10th 2017. We were originally not thinking of getting a coordinator, but soon realized that we needed one, even though our was a small wedding (60 people). We talked to Kerry at Blue Sky Events and decided to hire them. Kerry was very professional and helpful. Lindsey was our day of coordinator, and let me tell you, she is as good as they come! She made the planning and our big day a breeze. Everything, and I meant EVERYTHING, went great! We were prepared for a few hiccups on our big day, but there were none. The whole day was like a dream, and we are sure that its because Lindsey was always stayed on top of it. We are very thankful and appreciative of Lindsey, Kerry and the entire Blue Sky Events team for making our day so very special and stress free! I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/08/2017
    Blue Sky Events 22
    Blue Sky Events 23
    Blue Sky Events 24

Blue Sky Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind review! Your wedding was beautiful, at the Top of Heavenly!

SB · Married on 09/03/2017

Hiring Blue Sky Events is the best decision you will make for your wedding!!! Words cannot do our experience justice for how much we loved working with Lindsey and the immense amount of support and relief she gave us planning the wedding and coordinating on our wedding day! After a couple of months trying to find vendors for our destination wedding in North Lake Tahoe I started to get anxiety about the task I had taken on, so I switched my search to wedding planners. Blue Sky Events was a clear first choice based on their response time, friendliness, what they offered and price! You get so much for your money…piece of mind being the most important! Lindsey was assigned to our wedding and we could not have been happier with the services she provided. She helped me pick my vendors, understand wording in contracts and stay on track with planning. My husband and I flew up several times and Lindsey made herself available to join us while we were meeting vendors and gave great advice. She responded quickly to questions or concerns and followed through with everything discussed. Leading up to our wedding weekend I only stressed about minor details and never had any major stress because Lindsey had it all under control. The weekend of our wedding we were not the only people impressed by Lindsey, our family and friends also saw how helpful and organized she was making everything run so smoothly. There were even some bumps in the road on our wedding day that my guests and I were never aware of because Lindsey fixed the situations before they affected our wedding. My parents even appreciated Lindsey so much they mentioned her in their speech! The bottom line is Lindsey and Blue Sky Events are extremely helpful, friendly, organized and professional. Hiring them is the best decision you can make to have an enjoyable, much less stressful engagement, wedding planning and wedding day experience.

Sent on 09/20/2017

Blue Sky Events's reply:

Thank you so much! It really was a fun experience to be a part of your wedding! We loved getting to know you, and your family. Best wishes for the future!

Kim & Chris · Married on 08/26/2017

Perfect Planning, Perfect Day!

Kerry Hawk and her team at Blue Sky events are BEYOND AMAZING! They are delightful to work with and truly make wedding planning a more relaxed and enjoyable process than we imagined possible.

They have a "can do" attitude that means the sky, literally, is the limit because they'll make anything possible. For example, we wanted to parasail away after taking our vows and this seemed daunting to some folks, but Kerry said "fabulous, let's do it!" and it was a highlight of the day. Kerry turns challenges into opportunities.

Kerry and her team were always available for questions by phone and email and met with us repeatedly at the wedding venue, with the caterer, and with the florist. Her attention to detail, timelines, organization and follow-through are impeccable!

Our wedding was at a particularly complex venue and due to Blue Sky's expert planning, logistical savvy and personal connections with our many vendors, everything went off without a hitch (except we did get hitched!).

And all of this is more remarkable because Blue Sky's event planning rates are shockingly reasonable (to be frank, we worked briefly with another wedding planner who was 3 times as expensive and not nearly as easy to work with).

And if, like me, you inadvertently try to walk down the aisle without your bridal bouquet, Kerry and her team will save the day!

Kerry is kind, creative and fun. Her team is professional and able to respond to the crazy unforeseen circumstances that are inevitable with any complex event. After our wedding, numerous guests commented on how terrific the Blue Sky team was. They'd be a tremendous asset to anyone planning to walk down the aisle. We'll return to Blue Sky for any future events we host in the Tahoe area.

Sent on 01/28/2018
    Blue Sky Events 25
    Blue Sky Events 26

Blue Sky Events's reply:

Thank you Kim and Chris, We loved planning your wedding!

sue · Married on 07/24/2017

5.0 star rating
    Planning a destination wedding for our daughter's wedding in South Lake Tahoe @ Edgewood Golf and Country Club seemed overwhelming in the beginning but finding (on Yelp) and hiring Blue Sky Events made the task smooth and simple! Kerry was our initial contact who was with us from the start. She then assigned our wedding details to Lindsey who was FABULOUS! She guided and directed us with professionalism, listened to every detail! We feel so lucky and blessed to find the right fit for our needs. The Blue Sky Events team deserves more than 5 stars *********! As a professional myself, working in the customer service -real estate industry -details and communication are key components to a successful event/transaction! Kudos to Blue Sky Events for making our event a success! They did it all! **I have read others reviews about the planning pod and feel it is a necessary requirement to planning any event! Lauren and I are appreciative for Lindsey and her assistant for coordinating the #thechristensenwedding201­7 and making Lauren and Kyle's wedding a HUGE success! Lindsey we can't "Thank you" enough for everything you did for us! You were with us every step of the way! You are a class act and very professional!! Thank you!!!

Suzanne Tidwell
    Realtor
    Las Vegas, Nevada

Sent on 07/07/2017

Blue Sky Events's reply:

Thank you Suzanne! We really appreciate your kind words and loved working with your family!

tina · Married on 06/24/2017

Kerry was amazing! She is super on top of every detail! A true multi-tasker and detail oriented planner. Couldn't have done this without her. The guests were in awe of what a great job she did (although I let them think I had more to do with it than I did) She will do a great job for you!

Sent on 07/06/2017

Blue Sky Events's reply:

Thank you Tina! We love to make the magic from behind the scenes. Congratulations!

Patricia · Married on 06/24/2017

Blue Sky was indispensable in planning my daughter's June wedding. We hired them for the full weekend as we had events on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Friendly, accommodating, knowledgeable, extremely professional. We started with one planner, who transitioned out during our planning process for personal reasons, and Blue Sky made sure the transition to our new planner was seamless. They listened to what my daughter (and I!) wanted, provided very good options and advice, kept track of the budget and handled all of the details. Their promise to me was that they would deal with the stress of the weekend and I would be able to enjoy the whole event. Promise kept! I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 12/08/2017

Blue Sky Events's reply:

Thank you for your time to write this great review!

Lisa · Married on 06/17/2017

Chelsea at Blue Sky Events did an amazing job planning my wedding. I was in Grad school during the planning process and Chelsea kept my mother and I on track, while helping me not get too overwhelmed. In the beginning, she gets an idea of who you are then recommends vendors based on this. My idea of a wedding was a great party, with most of it taking place outside. My parents wanted something nice, that they would be proud to have family fly across the country for. My ceremony was at Camp Richardson and the dinner and cocktails were on the lawn at Valhalla with dancing inside the hall. Everything was perfect. Many of the decisions about details were overwhelming for me and in a lot of cases I didn't really care, or couldn't decide. Chelsea would go through the details with me and make it easy. Instead of presenting too many options I could just say "yes, lets do that" or "no, that's not important to me". Chelsea was always available during the week and she was always very patient, even when me, my mother, and my sister were conferencing with her :0! In the end my wedding was so fun. My parents were also very pleased and proud of the end product that extended family flew so far to attend. I would definitely recommend Blue Sky Events to help plan your event. I am confident that all of the planners are amazing, but if you do get Chelsea, consider yourself lucky.

Sent on 06/25/2017

Blue Sky Events's reply:

Congratulation! We were honored to be a part of your special day!

Nora · Married on 06/16/2017

Our planner, Lindsey, was absolutely fantastic throughout the whole process! Our first planner actually left the company midway through our planning, but honestly at the end of the day I was happy she did because we ended up with Lindsey. She was wonderful - super responsive, full of lots of helpful suggestions, and very experienced. Nothing was too much trouble for her to do and she really made the whole planning process very easy for me, my husband, and my mom :). From the first contact with Kerry, the owner, everything was smooth and easy.

Our wedding day turned out perfectly. And I mean PERFECTLY. Not a thing went wrong (and not in the "the bride didn't hear about it" way - literally nothing went wrong), and I credit Lindsey with making that happen. Thank you so much! I would recommend Lindsey and Blue Sky in a heartbeat.

Sent on 12/06/2017

Blue Sky Events's reply:

Thank you Nora! We are so happy that everything went perfect!

Julie · Married on 06/10/2017

Chelsea Grabham and the entire Blue Sky Events team helped make our wedding the most spectacular day ever!! We can't thank them enough for their support and guidance through our 14 months of planning! They helped to make sure we weren't stressed and could enjoy our magical fairy-tale type of day to the fullest!! Thank you so much!! We are so glad we worked with you and recommend you to anyone planning a wedding in the Lake Tahoe area!
    With sincere appreciation, Julie and Chris Hovden

Sent on 06/18/2017

Blue Sky Events's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! Congratulations!

Angela · Married on 05/09/2017

I don't even know where to start! Chelsea was my wedding coordinator and did such an amazing job! She was so helpful from day one and we really got along well. I was planning a destination wedding and I couldn't have done it without her! Everyone kept asking how I was so calm pre-wedding and I kept answering "Because Chelsea is so awesome, she's taking care of everything!" She was in contact with every single one of my vendors to create a detailed itinerary that made the night go so smoothly. There were some last minute changes and she took care of all the details. I could go on and on but I will end by saying I definitely recommend hiring Chelsea and Blue Sky Events as your wedding coordinator!

Sent on 05/11/2017

Blue Sky Events's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to write such positive and kind words about Blue Sky's coordinator Chelsea! Have fun on your honeymoon!