Blue Ocean Event Center Reviews

Blue Ocean Event Center 5
Blue Ocean Event Center 6
Blue Ocean Event Center 7

Taryn Ray · Married on 08/18/2019

Can’t wait for the big day!

I can’t say enough about Kristen and Amanda! Both have been very helpful and accommodating to our needs and our budget! The place sells itself with the amazing view from the ball rooms! Can’t wait to have our big day there!

Sent on 05/14/2019

Blue Ocean Event Center's reply:

Thank you so much Taryn for those kind words! We are thrilled you are hosting your wedding day with us!!
  • Catherine

Catherine Abati · Married on 06/22/2019

Perfect in every way!

We celebrated our marriage on the deck at Surfside on a Saturday afternoon in June 2019. The venue was the perfect setting for our casual wedding reception! Jess was our event planner. She was very easy and pleasant to work with and thought of every detail. We chose passed appetizers and the lobster bake for lunch. The food was delicious! Wait staff and bartenders were the best. Great venue for a fun party!

Sent on 09/03/2019
    Blue Ocean Event Center 9
    Blue Ocean Event Center 10
    Blue Ocean Event Center 11
    Blue Ocean Event Center 12
    Blue Ocean Event Center 13
    Blue Ocean Event Center 14

Blue Ocean Event Center's reply:

Thank you so much Cathy & Charles! We are so happy SurfSide was the perfect venue for your marriage celebration!

Susan · Married on 09/01/2018

They are wonderful to work with, professional and organized. The food was excellent, and the reception went very smoothly. True professionals.

Sent on 09/26/2018
    Blue Ocean Event Center 15
    Blue Ocean Event Center 16
    Blue Ocean Event Center 17
    Blue Ocean Event Center 18
    Blue Ocean Event Center 19

Sarah · Married on 07/21/2018

From the moment we saw it we knew the Blue Ocean was our venue! We had beautiful views of the water and the beach (you literally can’t get any closer to the water without getting wet!) and we didn’t have to worry about a back up venue if there was rain! The staff was wonderful and professional. We worked with Liz who was incredible! She remembered every detail of our wishes, thought of things we never would have and solved multiple crises before we even knew they were happening! She was extremely patient and kind and helped me to remain calm when I wasn’t always feeling so calm! The food provided by this venue was also delicious! We got many complements on both of the dinners we picked. We also had our wedding in July when the venue sets off fireworks every Saturday night which made for a nice bonus fanale!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Amanda · Married on 05/27/2017

We had our May 27, 2017 wedding in the Grandview Ballroom and I cannot say enough good things about this venue. First and foremost, Stacy was absolutely amazing to work with; she thought of every detail and was with us every step of the way to make our day absolutely perfect. The view from the Grandview Ballroom cannot be beat; our guests were in complete awe and also enjoyed being able to watch us all take photos on the beach from the ballroom above. The food at Blue Ocean is spectacular - our guests all praised everything from the apps to the main courses. The even staff was wonderful and received compliments from our guests. Throughout the process, we were continuously impressed by how willing the venue was to work with us on every little request, even up until just days before the wedding. Thanks to Stacy, the logistics worked out perfectly and I can honestly say that nothing went wrong on my wedding day - it was absolutely perfect. If you're looking for a beautiful waterfront wedding, please consider visiting this venue. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 06/08/2017
  • Salisbride

Zoe · Married on 07/09/2016

We absolutely loved working with Blue Ocean Event Center to plan our perfect wedding celebration. Our coordinator was Stacy Kelly and she did a fabulous job. We were able to draw on her extensive knowledge about weddings as she helped us plan and schedule our day. She took us through all the possibilities for a ceremony and reception step by step, and planned it all out according to our tastes. She also has a lot of knowledge about the various vendors and venues in the area, so she gave us good advice on the rehearsal dinner and all aspects of our day.

We had our ceremony in the Granview Hall. It lived up to its name and the views were spectacular. There was plenty of room for our guests and the decorations were beautiful. My florist provided altar arrangements and aisle blossoms, but Blue Ocean also had some decor they provided to frame the space. The decorations provided by Blue Ocean were beautiful and fit perfectly with our overall theme and all our other decorations.

Our reception was in the Blue Ocean Music Hall, where they have a stage and a professional sound board. We love live music so it was an obvious choice for us, and our live band absolutely loved playing on the stage. The sound and stage lighting were perfect. We had 155 guests for a plated meal, and we had plenty of space in the Music Hall. Our families loved our menu choices - fresh local swordfish or slow-cooked lamb osso bucco. The food at Blue Ocean is incredible, and they have options from familiar wedding food to foodie-level fare. The dinner at our wedding was among the best our guests had ever had at a wedding! The bar was also a highlight of working with Blue Ocean. They were incredibly flexible with what we were able to serve, we weren’t limited to just a couple kinds of wine (we picked six favorites), and our guests loved the welcome pass with two signature cocktails to kick off cocktail ho

Sent on 09/06/2016

Lydia · Married on 04/23/2016

I'm excited to have Blue Ocean Event Center to be my wedding venue! Amy, the event manager is extremely knowledgable about wedding event planning and coordination. I've been an event planner myself, and therefore, I'm very picky when it comes to someone being my wedding coordinator.

Our wedding will be April 2016, but I feel that Blue Ocean will be the perfect venue.

The decor is neutral and elegant and the rooms all face the Atlantic Ocean (Salisbury Beach). The total cost for ceremony and reception is very reasonable and practically includes all the necesary particulars. Importantly, the food is amazing.

Sent on 11/06/2015

Julia · Married on 06/05/2015

We got married at the Blue Ocean Event Center on 06/05/15. We had our ceremony in the Ocean Room and our reception in the Music Hall. We could not be happier with this venue! The service that our coordinator Stacy Kelley provided us with was second to none. She was kind, patient, understanding, and helpful. We could not speak more highly of this venue. We loved everything. The professionalism of the staff, the food, the drinks, the flow of the evening - everything was perfect! The true star of this venue is the view! It cannot be surpassed. Our guests could not stop talking about it. The ocean is right there. You feel like you are on a boat looking out into the expanse of the Atlantic.
    Not to be overlooked is the dance floor, the sound system, and the lighting - this made for the best reception ever. Everyone could not stop talking about how it was the best wedding they'd been to. The dance floor was packed the entire time and there was plenty of space for everyone to exhibit their signature dance moves without bumping into the other revelers.
    The food was also so so so fabulous! Too many times have we been to weddings where the food is bland and lackluster. We have never had better wedding food - from the hors d'oeuvres served at the cocktail reception to the full plated dinner we ate everything was flavorful and beautifully presented.
    If we could do it over, we would absolutely choose this venue a thousand times over. We would recommend The Blue Ocean Event Center to anyone!

Sent on 06/20/2015

Catherine · Married on 12/14/2014

Even though we planned our wedding in 6 weeks, the wedding planning team was amazing! They provided ideas, total support, and creative solutions to make our day more than memorable. The view is perfect, the food was outstanding and got rave reviews from all our guests. We do not have a single regret about having our wedding in the Blue Sky Lounge. It's been 6 weeks since the wedding and we are still "gushing" over how beautiful it was. We recommend this venue to EVERYONE! I can't stop telling people how happy we are that we chose this venue. We had family from New York attend and they are used to "big NY weddings" and they were amazed at how beautiful and elegant our wedding was.

Sent on 01/21/2015

Marie · Married on 12/13/2014

The Seaglass is located right on the ocean & the views are spectacular! It was just like being on the beach -you can hear the ocean & crashing waves on the wedding video! The location is perfect for beautiful wedding pictures! Patty the Functions Director & Karianne the Bridal Coordinator made the event perfect for us - & helped to plan this in just 3 months! They both worked very well with our wedding coordinator & were very responsive to her requests and even allowed her to start putting the room together early on the day so all would be perfect - effectively giving us the room for an entire day without charging us extra. Karianne is the one who gets everything done behind the scenes. On the day you see her getting everything done & making sure everyone is doing what they need to do, but quietly & never in a way that interrupts the festivities in any way. The wait staff were wonderful & very professional - taking care of all our guests & their requests graciously & quickly. Our ceremony was in the same room as the reception & we were able to extend the reception for a small fee. After the ceremony we had a cocktail hour with an open bar & served & stationary hors d'oeuvres - what a success! The meal was a delicious 4 course sit down dinner. The Seaglass was very accommodating for special dietary needs & to my special request of scallops instead of lobster (for my meal only). Everything was served hot & no guests were left waiting. We asked the Seaglass to provide all non-alcoholic beverages requested by our guests during the evening at no charge. They kept track of everything & we just paid the bar bill at the end of the evening. Since our event started at 3:30 & was over by 9:30, it was great to have a bar-lounge on site - we and many of our guests stayed continuing the celebration. More dancing - such fun! There are plenty of hotels in the area -a nice option for those who had a long drive home. I could say more but this site will not let me!

Lisa · Married on 10/11/2014

We can not stress enough how pleased we were with this venue. We held our ceremony and reception ( for 65 people) in the Ocean room. The staff was friendly and very professional, all of our needs and wishes were attended to so we could enjoy the day without any worries. The food was very good and we had many compliments from our guests. But of course the main reason we chose there was the view! It is spectacular and a beautiful backdrop for our ceremony. We look forward to going there again on our anniversary! Lisa and Kevin Paton

Sent on 02/17/2015

Jodi · Married on 09/06/2014

We had our wedding here this past September and everything went perfectly! Karianne, the wedding coordinator, made sure the evening flowed smoothly. Both her and the Functions Director, Patty King, were wonderful to work with during our planning process. Patty was always prompt to answer any questions we had by both email and phone. Patty and Karianne were thorough, professional, and a great pleasure to work with! When we chose the Atlantic Ballroom, we couldn't go wrong. The brand new room itself was beautiful, but the views of Salisbury Beach were amazing! We had a significant thunderstorm the night of our wedding, and our guests raved about watching the lightning light up the sky from the second floor of the Pavilion! The food was superb and came out perfect! I would highly recommend choosing to have your wedding here. I worried about many things the day of our wedding, like the weather, but I never once was concerned about our reception. Patty and Karianne took care of everything so we could just enjoy our day and our guests!

Sent on 01/25/2015

evelyne · Married on 08/23/2014

We looked at a lot of venues before choosing the Blue Ocean Music Hall. As soon as we saw it we knew it was the right place. What really did it at first was the amazing view of the ocean. Everyone we worked with from Patty and Karianne to the waitstaff and bartenders were amazing. When we walked in for the reception everything was set up beautifully and Karianne was right there to guide us through the night and make sure we had everything we wanted and needed. The night ended with awesome fireworks and everyone had a great time! So had so many rave reviews from our guests about the night!

Sent on 02/09/2015

Danielle · Married on 07/05/2014

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Blue Ocean Music Hall on July 5, 2014. We both have a special place in our hearts for the beach, and this venue was the perfect place to honor that.

The music hall itself is a beautiful room with tiered seating and an industrial feel that we loved. It made it really easy to set up spaces for our buffet dinner, dancing, a Photo Booth, etc and accommodate our almost 200 guests. Much of the room is surrounded by windows and we had a gorgeous view of the ocean and the colors in the sky from the sunset. Because the room is a music hall, the sound was amazing. Our DJ set up on the stage, and we used the projection system to show a video before our entrance.

I loved that all of the catering was done in house. This made it really easy during the planning process. We had a surf and turf buffet with seafood, chicken, and steak, and people all commented about loving the food. I actually wish I had taken the time to eat more. (Note to brides: EAT!!) The bar services were also fantastic!

Patty and the other staff members at Blue Ocean were GREAT about meeting our needs. They were quick to respond to e-mails, allowed us to check out the space a few times, and met with us as necessary to plan out our day. They took care of setting up our decorations and coordinated with all of our other vendors, too. This made me feel confident that the day would run smoothly.

I am so happy we chose Blue Ocean Music Hall for our wedding reception. They made for an unforgettable day, and I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a beautiful beach location with a wonderfully accommodati

Kayla · Married on 06/07/2014

We had our ceremony in the Ocean Room and our reception in the Blue Ocean Music Hall. It was absolutely stunning! The view was amazing. The staff was extremely helpful and willing to work with our budget--unlike the other ocean front venues we looked at. We were able to have a 200 person wedding, oceanfront, within out budget. I couldn't believe we were able to pull that off! We did not do the wedding package and were pleasantly surprised by what was still included at no cost! (linens, house center pieces, table number, decor for the buffet tables, etc.) Our wedding coordinators were so helpful and professional. I would highly recommend this venue for anyone that wants an ocean front wedding.

We loved it!

Sent on 01/27/2015

Analisa · Married on 05/24/2014

My wedding was held last memorial day weekend. When I first saw this venue I knew it was the one after all my searching. My husband and I love the beach, but did not want a beach themed wedding.. This venue was more than perfect for us, a beautiful view of the ocean, large dance floor, plenty of space for guests, and could be decorated any way we liked. We had a wine themed wedding overlooking the Atlantic ocean and it was perfect. The event planners at the blue ocean music hall were amazing! They literally did everything they could to make my day perfect. The food was excellent and my guests are still talking about my wedding 7 months later. I highly recommend this venue to anyone that's searching!!!

• Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 06/02/2012

This venue could not be more perfect! Even though the weather was like a monsoon the day of my wedding, the staff at The Pavilion/Blue Ocean Music Hall/Seaglass Restaurant made it beautiful. The location is unbeatable, the value is amazing, the food was delicious, the facilities were clean and well maintained. Patty King and M.E. were incredible. Helping me with every last detail, they were supportive and helped my day become exactly what I had imagined. Emails and phonecalls were always very quickly responded to, and they were super flexible when there was a last minute change to my headcount. I seriously wish I could have another wedding just to do it all over again with this crew! If you're looking for a breathtaking venue, with great food, a great value and one that makes the process flawless and stress-less, then this is the place for you.

Sent on 10/24/2012

JACLYN · Married on 10/22/2016

3.5

My husband and I had been to a comedy show at Blue Ocean Music Hall a few years back, and having our wedding there hadn't really crossed our minds until it was suggested to us ... but boy are we glad it was! We had exhausted venue options on the North Shore and once we visited Blue Ocean, we were sold. It was important to us to find a place that was located close to our families, could hold 180 guests comfortably in one room (with unobstructed views), had unique qualities and was set on the water. After sitting down with Amy the first night we checked out the space, we immediately realized the Music Hall encompassed everything we wanted.

While we were impressed with how Amy accommodated our requests, answered our questions, and above all, made sure everything ran smoothly on our wedding day, Blue Ocean could definitely use more event planners. With three spaces and events taking place regularly, it seems quite challenging for just two people to handle every little detail.

There were so many memorable moments the day of our wedding - the dances, the speeches, being surrounded by our closest family and friends - but one of the more unique ones was created by the weather. As we got married, and at several points throughout our reception, these great big waves crashed against the windows, which was quite the sight and something we'll never forget (and neither will our guests)!

Sent on 04/18/2017

Jennifer · Married on 09/06/2013

My husband and I knew the instant we walked into the music hall of Seaglass Events that it was where we wanted to get married. Megan and Patty were two of the most thorough and understanding vendors we had the pleasure of working with; I'm pretty organized, but they thought of details even I hadn't considered and was grateful to have as reminders. From keeping us up to date on events leading up to the big day (including a movie shoot going on right next door!) to moving things gently along during the reception, they gave us "the best wedding ever" (according to several guests). We had an amazing time with great food, wonderful music and killer views. The best part was that we had no worries at all, thanks to the fantastic team at Seaglass Events!

Sent on 12/17/2013

3.5

Working with the Seaglass event center was so refreshing. Stacy, our coordinator, was patient, kind, and wonderful. The quality for the price is outstanding. I highly recommend this as a spot for your wedding. We will be coming back for many anniversaries to come. In addition, the food was OUTSTANDING. I must say, having the venue take care of food and not needing to deal with an outside vendor for food was also amazing.

Sent on 08/02/2015

Gabriella · Married on 11/13/2016

2.0
      3.0

While I wedding was amazing and I was happy -- It wasn't everything I was promised.

Sent on 03/10/2017

2.8
      2.0
      3.0

Great venue with spectacular views & food, but my personal wedding "coordinator" (April wedding) was not up to par. They messed up on many important details and always made us feel like we were just another business transaction.

Sent on 09/24/2016