DJ Jess Reviews

10 Reviews for DJ Jess

1 User photo

• Derek

Derek D. · Getting married on 04/11/2022

Fantastic DJ, highly recommended!

I've had the pleasure of working with Jess twice this past wedding season. She is an incredibly talented dj who is fun, energetic and easy to work with. You can tell she is passionate about what she does and it is evident when you see her in action. She was very organized the timeline of events and had the dance floor packed! I would highly recommend Jess as your wedding or event dj!

Sent on 12/03/2020

Rachel P. · Married on 09/18/2020

I couldn’t ask for a better experience.

Jess, was amazing. Throwing a wedding in 2020 was a HUGE stressor and Jess was supportive and flexible throughout the whole process. Music is very important to my husband and I and we were nervous that we wouldn’t find a DJ that would be open to our style as it isn’t mainstream. She was very accommodating and I had multiple guest comment on how great our DJ’s selection was throughout the night. I would recommend Jess to anyone who is looking for a DJ who loves and values music as much as they do!

Sent on 12/19/2020
  • Anna

Anna R. · Married on 05/30/2020

Virtual dance party was a hit!

One of my best friends turned 30 a couple weeks ago. He is cooped up in a NYC apartment and we decided to hire DJ Jess to help us throw a Zoom dance party in his honor. Jess set up the technology, we invited our friends and sent her some song recommendations, and we all danced the night away in our apartments while watching and interacting with each other over zoom. I'm not lying when I say this is honestly the most fun that my fiance and I have had in a long time, including before social distancing began. Many of my friends texted me saying the same thing!

DJ Jess did an amazing job incorporating our song recommendations into a well curated evening of danceable music. She was a lot of fun to interact with during the evening, she helped us all feel comfortable as we danced at home, and she helped keep the energy level high. In addition to this, the sound quality was fantastic, the process of setting up and joining the meeting was very easy, and she was overall very professional through the entire process. We are all now trying to think of reasons to hire her again for a second party! Thanks DJ Jess!

Sent on 04/28/2020

Megan S. · Married on 12/31/2019

Professional and experienced DJ/Event Planner!

Jess made the music piece of our New Year's Eve wedding so easy. We found her through our photographer (which actually turned out great, because they had worked together extensively before), and I am so pleased that we decided to utilize her services. Jess has a background in event planning, so right from the start I knew she would be able to help me organize the day. She provided us with song ideas for every event (ceremony, cocktail hour, cake cutting, etc), which really helped us get into the mindset of choosing what "vibe" we wanted for each moment, and was very open to our ideas. Because we weren't super picky about what music was played during the processional, cocktail hour, and dinner, she asked us what kind of music genres we liked so that she could become more in-tune with our likes/dislikes to ensure the music would align with our tastes. It was truly so easy to work with Jess, and she was very responsive to all of my questions and concerns. She even put together a special mix of songs for the father-daughter dance, which ended up being amazing! We simply provided her the list of songs, and she did the rest! I highly recommend Jess to anyone who is looking for a professional, fun, and easy to work with DJ for your wedding day. We cannot thank her enough!

Sent on 03/31/2020
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 09/14/2019

Couldn't recommend more!

DJ Jess is awesome. I had a blast preparing my wedding playlist with her. She found Bollywood songs we requested that got everyone on the dance floor. She was so professional and accommodating when we had to rearrange the schedule due to weather.

Sent on 07/12/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren S. · Married on 09/01/2019

Completes the party with amazing talent!

Jess is amazing, end of story. She kept the dance floor full with an insanely amazing playlist, kept our guests engaged, and also was flexible for all things, during the planning process and during the day and reception! We were running late? Fine! We wanted to do an impromptu terrible towel surprise for my husband? “Great! I’ll make an excuse to keep him away before announcing you in. “ She seriously made our wedding day the absolute best celebration is it could be with her talent, energy, creativity, and all around greatness. We had her do the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, and I would not change a thing. Her playlists are custom tailored for you, and it was a blend of both my husband's taste of music and my own.

As per my husband’s words, “she was straight up awesome!” She paid attention to every detail for songs, like asking if we wanted an abbreviated version of Simple Man for the mother-son dance. Both of us knew immediately she was the DJ for us. She is so thorough, communicates at any time we needed, answered all of our questions, and helped us have some cool up lighting and smoke last minute to our reception. 20/10 would make any celebration incredible.

Sent on 10/21/2019

Brian B. · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing, friendly, dynamic Wedding DJ!

My wife and I could not be happier that we chose Jess to DJ our wedding. She's a talented professional who works hard to put on a great event. She worked with us from the very beginning to establish a vision for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, and on the day of the event she executed it all perfectly to create an amazing experience for us and our guests. I highly recommend the lighting packages for adding a ton of ambiance to the reception room. We're so thrilled that we hired DJ Jess!

• Carly

Carly · Married on 10/12/2018

Fun, Professional, Great at Her Job!

We chose DJ Jess for our wedding last October because she was really laid back and accommodating, but she was also super organized and professional! She was 100% dedicated to making sure she played the music we wanted to hear (or really didn’t want to hear) on our special day, while mixing it up and throwing in some really great unexpected stuff. She was an awesome MC as well—kept us on schedule, pumped up the crowd when it was needed, and made sure my husband and I were happy. I couldn’t recommend her more for a wedding or any other event you’re planning!

Vanessa K. · Married on 05/05/2018

Look no further!

Jess is an amazing DJ, she’s super knowledgeable and has a love for her craft. She went above and beyond for our wedding and I will definitely recommend her to friends and family. Seriously, if you’re looking for a DJ/MC for anything, look no further. You found her!!

Rachael · Married on 09/30/2017

DJ Jess is phenomenal! Literally, we cannot say enough great things about her! We had a folk/pop type of sound we wanted for the cocktail hour and a more country/top 40 feel for the dancing and she worked it out seamlessly! My Maid of Honor even sang her speech and Jess was able to cue her music and speakers to make the speech go off perfectly! She was a pleasure to work with and kept the process leading up to the big day stress free! I would definitely recommend Jess for any type of event!!

Sent on 10/26/2017