Blue Dahlia Events Reviews

31 | Cincinnati, OH

31 Reviews for Blue Dahlia Events

Katie · Married on 06/08/2019

Blue Dahlia took the pressure off!

Blue Dahlia was a fantastic investment! They made sure that every detail of my wedding day flowed perfectly, and I didn't get any questions coming my way the whole time they were there! Not only were they so great about jumping in to anything, but they were so understanding with every single custom and detailed thing that I wanted! They were quick to answer when I asked for advice, but also followed my lead with what I wanted!

Sent on 06/21/2019

Blue Dahlia Events's reply:

Katie! Thank you SO SO much for this sweet review! We LOVED working with you and Peter. Your wedding was an absolute blast with so many sweet moments! PROST!

Maggie D · Married on 10/06/2018

Hire Blue Dahlia!

Blue Dahlia was great to have for extra insight, helping hands, organization and execution for the wedding day. Blue Dahlia was great with communication with myself and my family, and with all of our vendors. They created a realistic and effective itinerary, shared with all of our vendors & ensured that all of our vendors were on the same page. If anything happened that was not as planned, Blue Dahlia immediately resolved the issue and avoided any additional stress for myself and my family. Blue Dahlia was a very calming and helpful resource to have on the day of the wedding, and during the 2 weeks leading up to the wedding, to ensure that everything went as planned. Would recommend them to anyone getting married!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Blue Dahlia Events's reply:

Thank you so much Maggie! We loved being a part of your day! Everything was so beautifully planned out, it was amazing to be able to help pull everything together with you!

Rachel · Married on 06/16/2018

Forever grateful to have Blue Dahlia with us on our big day

Working with the Blue Dahlia team was, hands down, the best wedding-planning decision we made! Originally we thought we could do everything on our own, but as day-of-wedding tasks piled up, we realized it would be best to outsource to the experts. At each meeting with Blue Dahlia, the team was professional, extremely well-prepared, and thorough (and just fun to be around!). By using the resources on the BDE website and through the questionnaire process, we were reminded of details we were forgetting and were able to fill in the gaps where necessary. The BDE team worked hard to understand our vision and we were completely confident that they would execute to perfection on our big day, which is exactly what they did. From the first meeting, we just knew we were in good hands, and this took a huge weight off of our shoulders and made the wedding planning process much more enjoyable for us. We will happily recommend the Blue Dahlia team any time!

Sent on 11/16/2018

Blue Dahlia Events's reply:

Rachel, thank you so much for your sweet words. It was such a pleasure helping you and Ashlee have the reception you were hoping for! Thanks for letting us celebrate with you!!

Lauren · Married on 10/07/2017

Using Blue Dahlia was the best decision we made for our wedding! I cannot express what a relief it was to turn over the reins to the highly qualified, professional, and organized women of this team! The Blue Dahlia team executed the very detailed plan I presented to them without blinking and eye. They were easy to communicate with during the planning process, and I cannot express how much it meant to our families to be able to be "present" at our wedding and unconcerned with the million details that it takes to pull off a wedding. Our wedding was just what we wanted it to be, and it would not have happened without Blue Dahlia!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Julie · Married on 09/16/2017

The most AMAZING team of wedding coordinators you can find! Seriously, if you want to enjoy your wedding day and the planning that comes with it, these are the girls for you. From the planning meetings at their super trendy, yet comfortable studio, quick responses to emails, highly attentive organization to all details and genuine care of the team at Blue Dahlia, you will feel your wedding come together to be the day of your dreams. Your can come to them with your thoughts and ideas and they will find the answers and get you want you want. The day of the wedding, you can 100% rely on them to be there for your every need. Behind the scenes magicians, they ensure the day goes smoothly and that nothing goes amiss. I can't say enough good things about how much my family and I enjoyed working with the Blue Dahlia team.

Sent on 10/02/2017

Leslie · Married on 09/09/2017

We could not have been happier with Blue Dahlia! They were so positive and professional, and is the best money we spent. The support they provided the weeks prior to our wedding took so much pressure off of our plate, and their expertise was extremely valuable when finalizing our details and preparing our timeline. Lastly, they were extremely helpful the day of our wedding - if anything went wrong, we certainly didn't know about it!

Sent on 01/06/2018

Kristina · Married on 08/05/2017

When I think back to my wedding day a huge smile comes across my face. My wedding was absolutely perfect and I have Blue Dahlia to thank. From helping out with my timeline all the way through to a smooth reception everything was great. MY goal when deciding on a wedding coordinator was for my parents (especially my mom) and my parents friends to finally have a wedding that they didn't have to decorate and clean up. One that they could enjoy their time celebrating instead of working/planning. At the end of the night, when it was time to leave I saw the relaxed look on my mom's face and a big smile, and I knew my goal had been met! Thank you Blue Dahlia for making my wedding vision come to life more perfectly that I could have even imagine.

Sent on 10/20/2017

Nicole · Married on 07/23/2017

Blue Dahlia was the best money we spent on our wedding! From the moment we met with them, we knew we wanted them to be a part of our wedding....super fun, organized, calm, cool, and collected and up for any crazy wedding idea I had :) They literally think of every detail and help you map everything out as well as plan for the perfect day.

Everyone I worked with was so friendly, kind, great communicators, and able to get things done with all of the vendors....our day of coordinator Kelly and her assistant were the best! We had lots of personal touches/details and they set everything up perfectly and made sure myself, the bridal party, our families, and guests had the perfect day and had to think of nothing other than having an amazing time.

Would work with Blue Dahlia over and over again. Can not recommend highly enough!!

Sent on 08/22/2017

I provide entertainment for nearly 100 wedding receptions annually and I work with a lot of event planners; Blue Dahlia is one of the best.

Kate is first rate. I had the pleasure of working with her and her team this past weekend at Miami University / Oxford Community Center. Like most weddings, there were a lot of moving parts to organize, the vendor team, the decor, the multiple locations. This particular event was made even more challenging because the couple lives out of town.

From the planning to execution of the event, Kate and her team knocked it out of the park. However, more than the exceptional organizational skills, the team had a great attitude. They were fun, but very professional.

I highly recommend Kate / Blue Dahlia team. 5+

Sent on 03/27/2017

Melissa · Married on 07/08/2017

All the planners at Blue Dahlia are great at their jobs, very accommodating and friendly! They will make sure your wedding goes off without a hitch so that you can sit back and enjoy your day. You won't even realize how much you need them until the day of the wedding when they take care of all the little details you never thought of. Definitely would recommend them!

Sent on 07/23/2017

Hilary · Married on 06/03/2017

I was so glad to have Blue Dahlia be apart of our day. They worried about every detail for me and my family, so all we had to do was enjoy ourselves, and we did. I am appreciative of everyone's hard work, and the ability to make us feel special!

Sent on 06/14/2017

Mary · Married on 10/08/2016

Blue Dahlia Events did an outstanding job coordinating my very complex wedding, which was held on a remote family farm, with none of the normal conveniences of a wedding venue. They were fabulous at identifying and solving the details I hadn't months before the wedding. They were a huge source of information and experience to me, as I have no prior event planning experience. And they took a massive load of stress off of me the two weeks leading up to the wedding so I could focus on other things. I can't imagine how my wedding would have happened if the 3 coordinators weren't on site the day of my wedding. They made everything happen, and were wonderful to work with the whole time. Blue Dahlia Events is the best bang for your buck out there when it comes to wedding vendors!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Mandy · Married on 10/08/2016

When I reflect on the fact that I was considering planning a 400 person wedding in another state with no assistance from a coordinator, I question my sanity! Then, when I think that I was considering working with anyone BUT Blue Dahlia, I REALLY question my sanity! The team at Blue Dahlia is amazing. From a cost perspective, they are reasonable and more than worth every penny. From a knowledge perspective, they are true subject matter experts. And from a soft skills perspective, they are invaluable. Wedding planning is an emotional, financial, and time investment, and Blue Dahlia is there with kind words and support every step of the way. I was especially impressed with Blue Dahlia's finesse in working with other vendors. They have a polish and positivity that makes the whole process run so smoothly, and I always felt they were advocating for me to ensure we had the event we were hoping for. I can't recommend Blue Dahlia enough. They were the best wedding investment we could have made!

Sent on 11/01/2016

Nazly · Married on 08/20/2016

Michelle, Joyanna, and their intern were great ! They walked me through the process and Michelle helped me to direct me into the right path with wedding vendors and other preparations. Joyanna was very helpful of pulling all the vendors together and putting timeline for the day of the wedding. She and the intern ( my apologies for not remembering a name) were great at the day of the wedding. It was easy to work with them and everything went very smoothly ! I would totally recommend Blue Dahlia if you want to enjoy your wedding and be stress free on your special day ! Thank you, girls !

Sent on 08/28/2016

We loved working with Blue Dahlia! We had a pretty good plan for our wedding day going into our two weeks of working with Blue Dahlia, but it was so nice to have another set of eyes looking at all of our schedules and lists. The team really helped us carry out all of our plans to make for a dream wedding.

Sent on 06/29/2016

rhonda · Married on 05/21/2016

"I've been a guest at many weddings, even a few celebrity weddings, and honestly, this was the most beautiful I've ever attended."—a Guest
    "Michelle's team was great that day. I mentioned, to no one in particular, that I needed a bottle of water and a lint brush...twenty seconds later they were in my hands!"—the Groom
    "Hiring Michelle to help plan and achieve your dream wedding is THE best advice I can give Wedding Wire brides. She was thoughtful and inspiring while working with my mom and me to coordinate ideas; a joy to work with and kept us calm month after month--knowing she wouldn't let us miss a deadline or settle for a vendor we weren't absolutely THRILLED with. When the day of the wedding arrived--it could have crumbled into absolute chaos! Picture a beautiful woodland wedding at my childhood home--then the rain came the night before and that morning; vendors are getting stuck in the mud; everything had to be set up after the rain stopped, hours before the wedding; even Michelle's husband was there, in boots, helping my brothers spread mulch throughout the woods. Michelle was directing it all. I was inside drinking champagne with my bridesmaids, listening to a special playlist, laughing and getting dressed. We all took off to take photos with my guy and his groomsmen with not a worry in the world but to make the day happy and fun! I can't begin to cover all the ways that Blue Dahlia worked to make our dream come true. You can watch the video @ Studio 213 Films: Maggie and Stephen. Thank you Michelle--you are amazing!"—the Bride
    "Michelle and her team were priceless! We hired them from the beginning and it was the single best decision we made. She introduced us to a small group of very talented vendors. She handled the big and the tiny details--before I even had time to worry about them! I wish there was more room here to write all that I could say about Michelle and B.D., so, I'll just say, HIRE THEM!"—Rhonda, Mother of the Bride

Sent on 07/05/2016

Emily and Dan · Married on 04/30/2016

We are so grateful to have had the opportunity to work with Michelle and all the staff at Blue Dahlia Events. Everyone was very professional, knowledgeable and friendly throughout the planning and meeting process. They exceeded our expectations and helped incorporate our ideas and vision into the most beautiful and enjoyable wedding. On the big day, the team created a totally stress free day by coordinating all the vendors, guiding the wedding party and supervising the ceremony and reception. I have and will continue to recommend their services to all. Thank you for making our special day so very wonderful and exactly how we envisioned it.

Sent on 07/18/2016

Danielle · Married on 11/07/2015

We cannot say enough about Blue Dahlia and all the work they put into our wedding day. I never, ever even imagined that we could have a wedding like the one we had. Every last detail was totally perfect and executed exactly--sometimes even better than I could have dreamed! From the pre-planning to the detailed meetings, to the multiple emails and phone calls -- every single step along the way was made easier because of Blue Dahlia. And then, to arrive at the reception and see HOW BEAUTIFUL it was.. I was floored. We had a wonderful, and perfect, perfect day thanks to Blue Dahlia.

Sent on 12/04/2015

These ladies were a pleasure to work with and made my day go smoothly. At first I wondered whether I should hire a day-of coordinator because I am a super organized person on my own but I am so glad I did. They helped me nail out all final logistical details of the day (like who is taking what and to where) and helped with a detailed timeline (even for details they were not specifically being involved with on the day-of). They sent the timeline to all my vendors so everyone was on the same page. I was so glad to not have to try to direct the wedding myself, Kate just asked if we'd like to do this or that now and kept everyone on track. They even helped cleanup so my family didn't have to worry about it and pulled up my pregnant sister's car so she wouldn't have to walk for it. They are so sweet and I am SO HAPPY with my decision to use them.

Sent on 09/20/2015

BDE was the best money I spent on my wedding! I booked them for pre wedding prep and day of coordination and it was the best choice I made. They were AMAZING to work with. Michelle, who helped me with planning before the wedding was so professional, timely, and super helpful. She helped me with finding vendors for my stationary, helped with stationary wording, guest table seating/set up, making a day of timeline and talking with each and every vendor I had at my wedding. She even made a timeline for my bridesmaids hair and makeup for me. All in all, she was a 10/10. The day of coordinators Amanda and Kate were also SO helpful! I hardly noticed they were there, but also had zero pressure on me the day of. Everything went so smoothly and there was literally no chaos thanks to them.
    If you're thinking of booking BDE, DO IT! Best money spent, they are the best! Thank you so much BDE for such a flawless wedding day and for taking the stress off any planning!!

Sent on 05/23/2015

Tricia · Married on 06/07/2014

Having been involved in weddings with and without coordinators, I cannot imagine my own wedding without the help of Blue Dahlia Events! As the bride, I did not have to worry about anything at all during the rehearsal or during the wedding day, from start to finish! Amanda and Michelle came up with a flawless schedule for my wedding day in just a few minutes which would have taken me days. They anticipated every question that I had and kept me focused on having fun. I would not have had the stress-free and amazingly fun wedding day without your help, thanks so much Blue Dahlia Events! (Also it was SO reasonably priced compared to other vendors!)

Sent on 09/04/2014
  • W

Whitney · Married on 09/21/2013

Blue Dahlia truly made our wedding beautiful and stress free! When I first met with Michelle, I already had a LOT of ideas- I was almost on overload! She set up a custom package for me that really fit my needs. From there, she helped me tame my vision and really hone in on what it was that I wanted on my wedding day. Having Blue Dahlia at my wedding made it SO easy- no one came to me with any issues, questions or requests- they handled it all! Everything from picking linens, planning floral arrangements, meeting with the caterers and keeping us on time during the big day was beautifully executed and allowed us to sit back, relax and enjoy each other. Thank you so much!

Sent on 10/30/2013

C · Married on 04/13/2013

One of our best wedding decisions was hiring Michelle Kinne and Blue Dahlia Events for ‘day of’ coordination – Michelle was essential to the success of our big day! She truly goes above and beyond in everything she does. The initial meeting, preliminary details meeting, and final details meeting allowed Michelle to share in our vision and provided a seamless transition of all the final logistics and details from us. Michelle’s organization and execution with our vendors helped everything run smoothly, leaving us to enjoy the celebration and time with family and friends!

Sent on 05/03/2013

Blue Dahlia events exceeded our expectations! Michelle and her team made our wedding the most magical and memorable day we could have imagined.

We met with Michelle and explained our vision and budget and Michelle made it happen. Michelle was supportive of our vision and never pressured us to increase our budget or to book a particular vendor.

The day of our wedding Michelle handled everything with ease and professionalism. Her and her team took care of every last detail...my husband and I didn't worry about a thing!. One of the guests suffered a heart attack at the reception and Michelle called for a medic and stayed with the family until help arrived. Michelle handled this with such professionalism that many of the guests didn't even know what happened.

I cannot say enough about Michelle and Blue Dahlia....bottom line, they are amazing!

Sent on 11/28/2012

Katie · Married on 09/29/2012

Michelle at Blue Dahlia is an amazing wedding planner!!! She is professional, organized and extremely creative. She is the person who will make sure you get the picture perfect wedding!

Sent on 11/30/2012