Blue Crab Cupcakes Reviews

Blue Crab Cupcakes 6
Blue Crab Cupcakes 7

June · Married on 10/04/2019

Delicious cupcakes!!!

Blue crab cupcakes not only provided delicious cupcakes for my baby shower but also for my wedding (they traveled all the way to Frederick!). I can’t explain how amazing their cupcakes/cake taste and offered gluten free and vegan flavors that guests raves about! HIGHLY recommend!!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Caitlin · Married on 09/29/2019

Spectacular and Delicious

From tasting to final delivery, this was easy and perfect. My husband fell in love with the mini cupcakes they offered for tasting, which turned into 250 cupcakes in 6 flavors and a full wedding cake at our wedding. We chose more crazy flavors (key lime, s'more, snickerdoodle, etc) for the cupcakes and asked for something more traditional in the cake (though not on the menu!) and they delivered perfectly. Everything was so delicious and people were able to take some cupcakes with them (while my husband and I get to enjoy cake for days on our honeymoon!) Highly recommend, even if you aren't in the Annapolis area. The trek is definitely worth the end result.

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 09/28/2019

Yummiest cupcakes - and super cute too!

My fiance and I didn't want to do a traditional cake that you cut and shove into each other's mouths at our wedding. We wanted gourmet, pop one in your mouth and get back to the dancefloor mini cupcakes. And that's exactly what Blue Crab Cupcakes gave us. First of all - let me start by saying that I was totally blown away by the fact that they let you do a complimentary tasting of all of the different cupcake flavors / styles in their little back room of their bakery. I honestly think I ate 100 cupcakes in that tasting along with my fiance and father-in-law. It was such a nice touch and really shows how much they care about the couple making their decision. The cupcakes are SO. GOOD. They have so many different flavors and they are all designed so cute. People at our wedding RAVED about them. I also loved that people could easily pop them into their mouth and keep partying vs. having to sit down and eat a full dessert meal. Also, Blue Crab Cupcakes lets you use unlimited set-up rentals for their cupcakes as well for a small flat-fee. They will set it up if you'd like for a fee too! I'm so glad we went with Blue Crab and will definitely be buying more of their cupcakes just for fun in the future too :) Thanks, Carrie!

Sent on 10/15/2019

Brooke Huntley · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing taste and tailoring to your needs

They were great in both the wedding cake and extra cupcakes for our wedding! The cake was just what we wanted and they did a great job delivering setting it up with flowers from
    My florist. They were very flexible as my flavors changed close to the wedding and were excellent in accommodating my gluten free guest! Let’s put it this way...the cake and cupcakes were eaten in their entirety!

Sent on 10/01/2019

Victoria Peele · Married on 09/01/2019

Best Wedding Cake. Ever.

Blue Crab Cupcakes made us an exceptional cake for a great price and zero stress. They were beyond helpful on the day of the wedding because I had forgotten to send a picture of how I wanted the cake florals to look on the cake and they were extremely flexible and our cake looked absolutely gorgeous! Our cake was delivered on time, looked stunning, and tasted delicious. We made the best choice going with Blue Crab Cupcakes for our wedding cake needs. If you don't believe us, go to the store and try a snickerdoodle cupcake for yourself! You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 09/05/2019
    Blue Crab Cupcakes 8
  • Nicole

Nicole Rusnak · Married on 09/01/2019

Cake was Delicious

I recently got married September 1st and used Blue Crab Cupcakes for our cake and cupcakes at our wedding. The cake and cupcakes are delicious! They have SO many options and any cupcake flavor you can also get in cake form. They were very easy to work with and were flexible on setting up tasting. They dropped off right to the venue and made whole process great.

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 07/20/2019

Cant get enough

Looking for amazing sweet treats AND amazingly sweet people?! Blue Crab cupcakes has been nothing short of amazing, they were so quick to respond and get us in for our tasting, we booked them right there at the tasting and they even helped set us up with the flavors, timing, and even let us rent a set up for a little extra charge! Plus the cupcakes are to die for! Now whenever we have a get together they are my go to place for a sweet treat!

Sent on 06/12/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa Petito · Married on 06/22/2019

Still dreaming about my wedding cake...

HIGHLY recommend Blue Crab Cupcakes -- Carrie is a treat to work with, plus our wedding cake was INCREDIBLE. I've never had such delicious cake, so moist and tasty. I still dream about it and can't wait to have some more on my one-year anniversary!

Sent on 07/07/2019

Sara · Married on 06/22/2019

Great Cupcakes

We live nearby the bakery and visited just for the cupcakes and when we realized how great they were we decided on them for our wedding! When we went for our tasting we tried pretty much very flavor in a mini cupcake and it was hard to decide on just a couple flavors for our selection. We went with a little cake to cut and just under 100 regular size cupcakes. We did just one 1 per guest and had about less than a dozen left over. And their rental materials and arrangement looked great!

Sent on 07/10/2019
    Blue Crab Cupcakes 9
    Blue Crab Cupcakes 10
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/15/2019

Loved Blue Crab!

We loved working with Blue Crab cupcakes for our June 15, 2019 wedding! We had a cupcake tasting before hiring them, where we tasted tons of cupcakes! They even had vegan options for our vegan guests! They provided beautiful tiers that we were able to use for our event, and a gorgeous sign outlining their flavors. Working with Blue Crab was fantastic, they were extremely responsive and professional. Everything ran smoothly and everyone liked the cupcakes! Follow them on instagram - they are always posting very cute designs that they are creating!!

Sent on 07/05/2019
    Blue Crab Cupcakes 11
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 06/15/2019

So Delicious!!

Blue Crab Cupcakes were the best idea we had for the wedding. It allowed us to have gluten free options for our guests, and ease for clean up. The mini cupcakes were perfect because it allowed the guests to have 2-3 different flavors. We had 6 different flavors, plus our wedding cake. The cake was perfect. We were able to customize the flavor to lemon with a raspberry filling that was so delicious!!! We did have left overs which we were fine with because that allowed us to enjoy the yummy cupcakes and re-live our reception and share with family and friend days, weeks after the wedding. The initial consultation and tasting was great! We tried so many flavors it made it hard to choose! :) We had everything delivered which allowed us to not worry about picking up and transporting everything. We had the option of renting cupcake stands, but we did not since my father created some for us. But it was great to see that if you did rent them it was a flat one fee for as many stands as you needed. Thank you Blue Crab Cupcakes for producing a delicious yummy dessert that we and all our guests enjoyed! I recommend them for any occasion you have coming up!

Sent on 07/06/2019

Alyssa · Married on 05/18/2019

Most Delicious Cupcakes EVER!

These cupcakes were a huge HIT! All of the flavors were amazing and we still have people commenting on the cupcakes 4 months later! The team was prompt with delivery and so easy to work with! My family even went back to purchase a few more cupcakes days after the wedding they enjoyed them that much!!

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing!

This is one thing our guests cannot stop raving about. They LOVED the cupcakes! So much so, I just found out one of my husband’s good friends and one of my mother’s good friends realized they were both after the last mini cupcake of a particular flavor and agreed to split it (aka a tiny bite each), neither having met the other prior! These are so good they turn strangers into best friends! The team displayed them wonderfully, the cupcakes stayed fresh in the fridge for over a week and the customer service is just great. If you’re looking for a baker in the Annapolis area and beyond, look no further.

Sent on 05/22/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 05/04/2019

Incredibly Delicious Cupcakes!

I found Blue Crab Cupcakes online and was able to attend their VIP tasting event in Annapolis in the spring. My daughter and my MOH and her daughter went as well and we fell in love with these amazing cupcakes. These are "filled" cupcakes so they're unique and the variety of flavors were endless.Communication was excellent leading up to my event and the set up was beautiful. I even had a special jumbo cupcake for my sister because her birthday was on our wedding day! The cupcakes were fresh and absolutely delicious.
    Thank you so much!

Blue Crab Cupcakes 15
    Blue Crab Cupcakes 16

Jeanne · Married on 03/30/2019

Amazing cake

Everyone raves about how delicious our cake was. Our nephew had four pieces lol. Snickerdoodle, vanilla with strawberry filling and red velvet were wonderful! I would highly recommend.

Sent on 04/04/2019
    Blue Crab Cupcakes 17

Courtney · Married on 12/08/2018

Best. Cake. Ever!

There is something truly unique happening at Blue Crab Cupcakes! Carrie has a way with cakes and it is like nothing I’ve ever experienced. I’ve been to a lot of weddings and the cake is usually on the scale of ok to good. Carrie’s cake was amazing! It was so fresh/moist and the flavors of the cake, icing, and filling went together perfectly! Not only did our cake look amazing, but it was the best cake I had ever tasted! We had a very small wedding, and almost every guest stopped me before leaving to tell me this was the best wedding cake they had ever had (vanilla with strawberry filling).
    Carrie was absolutely delightful to work with leading up to our wedding day. We had a lot of fun at our initial tasting; she was so kind and let us taste many flavors! She checked in with us 1 week before to make sure nothing order-wise had changed; we ended up adding a few extra gluten-free cupcakes as I learned an additional guest had a food allergy a week prior. She was so flexible and accommodating, despite the last-minute change.
    Everything dessert-wise for our wedding was so easy and so perfect! I highly recommend Blue Crab Cupcakes for parties and weddings. I can’t wait to go back for an anniversary cake!

Sent on 12/24/2018

Shauna · Married on 11/03/2018

So delicious and such great staff!

Blue crab cupcakes is awesome! They let us taste ALL the cupcakes for our tasting and they were all so good we had a hard time choosing just 3 for our wedding. They are so friendly and easy to work with, they set up everything for the wedding and the display was just perfect, they even brought a sign to display the flavors. I could not have been happier with them!

Sent on 11/08/2018
  • Jess

Jess · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing cupcakes, great service!

One of the biggest hits of the whole wedding! We were on the upper end of what was recommended in terms of cupcake order (4 dozen large, 8 dozen mini), but nearly ran out because they were so popular. There was a small plate that made it to the bartenders after the reception, but that was it in terms of leftovers.

Communication was strong throughout the process; we realized we were running up to the end of the timeline and called them just before they were going to call us.

Honestly, this was the only cupcakery we actually looked at. We had Georgetown in mind as another option, but given the proximity of Blue Crab to us, they made more sense. Also we were blown away by the flavors they offered, including lemon blueberry (which was one of my childhood favorite dessert combinations!), salted caramel, key lime, and snickerdoodle. Everything was good enough that we even took a risk on cannoli as a large cupcake flavor and our cutting cake without trying it - we meant to but kept forgetting to go by.

The size of the cutting cake took us aback a little bit, because it was about twice as tall as I think we were expecting, but once we got it cut it was delicious.

Order more than you think you need because they’re so good!

Sent on 11/05/2018
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 09/29/2018

SUCH GOOD CUPCAKES!! Highly recommend! The staff was amazing :)

Sent on 10/04/2018
    Blue Crab Cupcakes 18

Heather · Married on 09/22/2018

Carrie and her team are amazing!!! Everyone raved about the cupcakes and cake pops we had at our wedding! The process was super easy. We met once in person (but can do over the phone if needed), to go over some details. We told her our flavors we wanted literally a couple weeks before the wedding. A while back she told us the options for cake flavors, but we really wanted carrot cake, and she was able to make it for us! Her and her team are so talented and flexible, they can make anything you want happen! We ran out of cupcakes because they were just that good! Everyone loved them!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Val · Married on 09/15/2018

Carrie at Blue Crab Cupcakes is amazing! I emailed her with only 2 weeks left before our wedding celebration, she promptly called me back. She was friendly, professional, and precise. Immediately putting my mind at ease with her client commitment and dedication at the bakery. Our 16 flavor cupcake tasting was very well-informed and educating, helping us select the perfect combination. The display she delivered AND set up at our venue was absolutely beautiful! Our guest LOVED trying different flavors and enjoyed every last bite. Thank you Blue Crab Cupcakes team for making our special day so wonderful! Highly recommended for any occasion! Can’t wait to go back and have a custom Birthday cake!

Sent on 09/26/2018
    Blue Crab Cupcakes 19
    Blue Crab Cupcakes 20

Lauren · Married on 09/14/2018

I highly, highly recommend Blue Crab Cupcakes! We decided to go with 4 different flavors of mini cupcakes and they are absolutely amazing! People are still talking about how delicious they were!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Madeline · Married on 09/08/2018

Carrie and her team set up a gorgeous display of her scrumptious mini cupcakes to delight all of our wedding guests.
    I would highly recommend Blue Crab Cupcakes.

Sent on 09/24/2018

Marlene · Married on 09/02/2018

The cupcakes were ordered from Blue Crab cupcakes for my daughter's Bat Mitzvah were absolutely delicious, beautifully presented, and the service from the company was wonderful, with drop off and arrangement of the cupcakes. They were a huge hit at the party and I would order them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 09/23/2018
    Blue Crab Cupcakes 21
    Blue Crab Cupcakes 22

Michele · Married on 08/25/2018

I highly recommend Blue Crab Cupcakes for any event. Very professional and the display created was beautiful. Thank you so much!

Sent on 09/13/2018