Blue Bend Photography Reviews

Blue Bend Photography 2
Blue Bend Photography 3
Blue Bend Photography 4

Katey · Married on 05/17/2015

Nick was so wonderful at our wedding at Rumbling Bald in Lake Lure, NC! He was very professional and helpful! He's very warm and sweet and just blends and gets along with the wedding! The photos were beautiful and even went above and stayed after he was supposed to to take shots of us leaving in our get away boat!

Nick and Jennifer · Married on 05/15/2015

Nick is amazing! We were lucky to have him as our engagement bridal and wedding photography. He is knowledgable professional and so easy to work with.
    We couldn't be happier with our experience and recommend him to all our friends. We not only have some of the most beautiful photos but we consider him
    Family. He was there for us during some emotional days in our journey and we felt at ease and well taken care of. Can't even express how much that means
    We hope we can pay that forward.

Sent on 09/13/2015

PATRICIA · Married on 05/09/2015

Nick was fantastic! He did such an amazing shooting our wedding at High Hampton Inn. He was a blast to work with and the pictures are amazing. I would recommend him and Blue Bend Photography to anyone looking for a low stress great quality photographer.

Noel · Married on 05/01/2015

Choosing Blue Bend was one of the best choices we made for our wedding!

Sent on 08/31/2015

Nick was really nice and talked to me about my concerns for my wedding and pricing options. He followed up with me and showed up to the wedding on time and ready to work. The photos came out amazing and better than I could have imagined. Thanks for all your hard work.

Sent on 09/03/2015

Courtney · Married on 01/24/2015

Nick and his team were awesome to work with! Nick was always super easy to get in touch with and scheduling everything was a breeze. He did my bridal shoot as well, and when bad weather ruined the outdoor pictures he was quick to find us an alternate location. On the day of my wedding him and his team arrived promptly and went straight to work. They captured all the things I wanted them to and the pictures came out beautiful! The package I chose offered me other photo shoots with Nick, and I can't wait to have those done as well! I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a great professional (yet laid back) team of people! Thanks Blue Bend!!

Sent on 09/06/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 01/17/2015

Nick provided us with excellent service! He was personable and helped us navigate through the uncomfortability of having pictures taken. He also did not take us away from our reception for long periods of time to take quality pictures - he got the quality he needed without us being gone for very long. Our pictures came in quickly and exactly the way we envisioned them! Thanks for all Blue Bend brings (:

Sent on 09/01/2015

Kristy · Married on 07/26/2014

We were so happy with our day of photographers. Nick made me feel very at ease during the getting ready photo's and was such a pleasure to work with. Our photos came out gorgeous, we could not be happier. Compared to what some friends have paid for wedding photography, Blue Bend provided a great price for the quality of the work. I only wish we could have received EVERY photo, in case there were some that we loved, that the photographers didn't. But, that is my fault for not realizing up front that this was not the case. I would highly recommend Blue Bend based off our experiences with them.

Sent on 09/16/2014

Lindsay · Married on 06/14/2014

Nick at Blue Bend was amazing. Seriously. Loved not only his style but his personality. He was so much fun to work with and after only 2 weeks, he has shared a great sampling of photos. He truly captured the event and helped me remember the moments I may have missed because I was so busy as the bride. I love seeing all the detail and capturing the looks on peoples faces. He worked tirelessly all night long. In fact, we had to tell him to go home he was working so hard.

We loved Nick and would definitely use him again!

Sent on 06/24/2014
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 05/10/2014

I only had two meetings with Nick many months before our wedding but I felt like we were long time friends from the moment we said hello ! When he came to shoot my wedding it was like we just hung out and had a beer together the night before! He is understanding, thoughtful(he reminded me about extra lipstick and even carried it for me in his camera bag), fun, and most importantly a terrific photographer! It's only been a week since our wedding so we don't have our pics yet but he showed us some "raw" ones from the screen of his camera and they were fabulous! We will definitely recommend Blue Bend to anyone!!

Sent on 05/18/2014

The first thing I'd like to say about Blue Bend Photography is WOW!!!

Nick photographed my bridal portraits and our January wedding both on the Biltmore Estate. Nick is so talented - his photography is stunning, its really beyond amazing! Everyone that has seen our pictures says what a great photographer! Secondly, he is so professional and personable… he helps position you so you don't feel awkward or posed. We loved his feedback while he was taking pictures and the fact that he would show us the pictures he liked as he took them. He was very flexible too - for example, if we said there was a specific shot we wanted him to get, I felt like he went out of his way to make it happen!

I was on a budget so I only purchased the 6 hour package and added bridal portraits but now I wish I had upgraded to a bigger package. I definitely think everyone needs a minimum of 8 hours! I also wish that I had gotten Nick to photograph the rehearsal dinner too because it definitely would have been worth it!

I wish I had more excuses to have professional pictures taken because we would love to work with Nick again!

Sent on 01/23/2014

Lindsay · Married on 10/18/2013

Nick and Joe photographed our destination wedding. They laughed and joked around with us, which made us feel much more comfortable and made for some great pictures. We got some really unique shots with them that I seriously doubt another photographer would have thought of. I am so glad that we used them and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 01/24/2014

Kari · Married on 01/05/2013

Nick is amazing! He did our Engagement and Wedding photos and I couldn't be happier with the way they turned out. His work is very artistic and the photos all have a lot of energy. No stiff, fake looking poses. My friend commented that one of our wedding photos is the most beautiful she's ever seen! He is also super cool and easy to work with too. Everyone at the wedding loved him, and he really made me feel like a princess :)

Sent on 01/11/2013

Michelle · Married on 05/21/2012

Maddy was our photographer and everybody at our wedding is still raving about how fantastic she was and how beautiful the photos are. We searched for a photographer for weeks that would provide beautiful photos at a reasonable price and we were thrilled to find Blue Bend. From the first phone call with Maddy, I knew she'd be perfect. She was always very quick to respond to emails and phone calls and took well over 1000 beautiful photos without anybody even realizing she was around. Then as a beautiful surprise, only 2 days after the wedding, they had put up dozens of photos from the wedding up on their blog. We have other friends who got married the same weekend and saw only 3 photos from their wedding a couple of weeks after the date. 2 days after our wedding we were able to share the blog with all of our friends and family. Then only about a week after we returned from our honeymoon, we had our disc of images. I can't say enough about how fantastic our experience with Blue Bend was.

Sent on 06/18/2012

Tiffany · Married on 03/24/2012

Nick Gillespie of Blue Bend Photography is a photographic genius! He made my vision come to life and captured the true emotion of the day. Our pictures are definitely magazine worthy! He and his assistant were very professional and so much fun. They will forever be a part of our special day!

Sent on 05/04/2012

Brooke · Married on 08/27/2011

We were so pleased with our photographer - the picture quality was amazing and I got the DVD with the pictures really soon after the wedding! I felt very comfortable with Nick and his wife, they had great suggestions and eased my anxiety.

Sent on 02/02/2012

Jennifer · Married on 05/23/2015

We couldn't be happier with the photography provided by Blue Bend Photography. Colby was our wedding day photographer and he was wonderful! He was very professional and captured all of our special moments. The photos are beautiful! Our ceremony was at the Basilica St. Lawrence and our reception was held at the Crest Pavilion. Blue Bend also took our engagement photos. For those, Nick took some amazing pictures of us at the UNCA Botanical Gardens. I highly recommend both Colby and Nick!

Sent on 10/06/2015

elizabeth · Married on 06/01/2013

Maddy and Nick Gillespie are wonderful people and photographers. I think I spent the most time in search for vendors- looking for a photographer in the beginning stages of planning my wedding. I wanted something epic and beautiful with gorgeous sunlight and a touch of the romantic.

What I found in my search is those really elite photographers were way out of my price range- and they everyone else- even those that weren't that great- (seems like they just happen to own an SLR and photoshop) were all the same price point. So check out Blue Bends albums- they have a range of talent and gorgeous photos.

Maddy was our photographer and she was so helpful- I even asked them for special requests that aren't posted here and they were so awesome.

All of the photos I have posted on my profile are Blue Bend's photos.

Sent on 07/01/2013
  • Monica

Monica · Married on 10/20/2012

Nick was a great photographer! Pre-wedding, he would answer my emails in a timely fashion. During the wedding/reception he took some great photographs and was very flexible. Overall, did a great job and contributed to making our day perfect. Thanks!!

Sent on 10/29/2012

3.0
      3.0
      2.0

Poor Customer Service

My customer service issues started early with Blue Bend Photography. They made a big hassle about the fact that we wanted to pay our deposit with a credit card. They made me feel pretty bad about it, and made it clear it was a burden on them. They also took an extended period of time to run the deposit through once they had our credit card information. After the wedding, we were told to expect photos in 6-8 weeks. After 8 1/2 weeks (December 11th), I reached out to let Blue Bend know I was planning to give wedding photos to family as Christmas gifts, and asked for a date when they would be ready. Nick wrote back a few days later (December 14th) that they were almost done and would be ready in just a few days. After not hearing any updates I email nick again on December 20th and 21st. I reminded him that it had now been 10 weeks since the wedding and we were planning to use our photos as Christmas gifts. We ended up not hearing anything back from Blue Bend until after Christmas on December 27th. It was very disappointing to receive our photos so late without any communication or apology. Once we received the photos, I was disappointed in some of the editing. My bridesmaids wore dark burgundy dresses and they appear red in most of the photos. Everything is washed out and looks like ti has been run through a filter. Overall, I would not recommend Blue Bend for wedding photography.

Sent on 01/05/2019