41 Reviews for Blue Bend Photography

Wedding Portraits (1)
Albums (1)
Canvas (1)
40 Blue Bend Photography Reviews

So far, Blue Bend has been great. Granted we have not seen our photos yet, but we loved their portfolios. We had another photographer bail at the last minute, and Blue Bend called us immediately the day after we left the message, then met with us that night for coffee and BAM! No more worries for us, we had them as our photographers. Their responsiveness was and has been super great. We can't wait to see our photos after our wedding. And we look forward to our engagement session!

Profile Picture Kat, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Trash The Dress, Wedding Portraits

We loved our photographer, Colby and his assistant, Kevin. They were on time and worked diligently throughout the wedding ceremony and reception. They were pleasant and professional and responsive to all of our needs! I would highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Susan, 3/10/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Our photographer was Nick. He was awesome!!!! He was very nice, engaging, flexible and easy to talk to. I have not got my photos back yet but I know they will be amazing after taking some photos I was give a quick peek at what he had taken. He really went above and beyond my expectations of a photographer, seeking every photo taking opportunity possible. After the wedding I had people ask me about him because they wanted to have photos done. Some of my guests made statements like... " wow he was really good" and "you hardly knew he was there". You should book him!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Brittany , 12/1/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: One Event/Day

We couldn't be more pleased with how professional, funny, and helpful Nick was! Our wedding day was rainy - but nick did not skip a beat, and we powered through!
The photos are phenomenal! We are so happy!

Profile Picture Karla, 10/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I worked with Kevin at Blue Bend Photography and he was awesome. His style made it easy and fun to get great photos and he was super nice. He pushed me and the groom to "hike" around after the ceremony to find the best shots and they turned out amazing and absolutely beautiful. I highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Debbie, 10/1/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Nick (and team) are the best Wedding Photographers in WNC (and beyond!) My husband and I are not fans of having our picture taken so we were rather apprehensive, but Nick made the whole process easy and fun. He became a part of our day and told the story of it so completely and creatively. Every photograph spoke to us and the story of our family, friends, and our mutual love of the mountains that served as our wedding day backdrop. We could not recommend Blue Bend Photography more.

Profile Picture Megan, 9/17/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We booked a photographer with Blue Bend and the day before our wedding, Nick called to let me know that our photographer fell and broke a bone! Of course I was worried because photography was so important to me...Nick put me at ease immediately and found an AMAZING photographer from a different company (because all of the photographers from Blue Bend were booked that weekend). I can't tell you how thankful we were to have Nick, the photographer that he sent to fill-in was amazing, professional, courteous, and kind. He saved the day and we'd recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I knew I'd hit the jackpot when I discovered Blue Bend here on WeddingWire, and they didn't disappoint! Nick and his team were fun, responsive, and completely professional, even when some of our extended family members were making things less than ideal. (20 minutes for a family portrait anyone? No thanks.) And I couldn't be happier with the final images! There were photographers that cost twice as much with work half as good. Blue Bend rocks! .

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/30/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

The photography and the photographer (Nick) were excellent in all respects! The only issue we had was working through their website to get to the photos. The steps could have been explained more clearly and the link been made more visible, but they were very responsive to my questions and the photos were great! I would highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Mahk, 6/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Blue Bend Photography did an amazing job photographing both my bridal portraits and wedding day. Nick was so easy to work with and is very talented. All of my photos are wonderful and capture the magic of my day! Thank you for creating life long memories for us and our our families. We love Nick and Blue Bend!

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Blue Bend was awesome and Nick was so much fun!

Profile Picture User5435162, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Proofs, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance

Book this vendor! Nick became, not just our dream wedding photographer, but we now count him as a good friend. Nick was our photographer for our engagement shoot, our Biltmore wedding, and even traveled with us to Rome for a Vatican wedding. The photos he captured are stunning, and they're a large part of memories we'll keep forever. Our only complaint is that there are so many great photos! How can we ever choose?? We recommend Nick for wedding photography, and I would seriously consider taking him on family trips to help document beautiful moments. He allowed us to put down our camera and really soak in our time in Rome, instead of wondering if we had a great shot.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files

I could not recommend Nick and Colby enough! Nick was with me every step of the way during my wedding, even calming me down when I was panicking about weather. The pictures are even more beautiful and stunning than I ever could have hoped for - every moment was captured perfectly. They are honestly amazing and I would recommend Nick and Blue Bend to anyone and everyone!

Profile Picture Devon, 5/21/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

Blue Bend was awesome! We hired Nick to photograph our wedding which was just under two weeks ago and had a wonderful experience! We just got our photos back last night and they are absolutely gorgeous. We couldn't be happier with them! My only regret is that we didn't end up booking him for even more time than we did. As an aside, when I first spoke to Nick, he told me whether I hired him or not, to feel free to call him with any questions I might have because he's photographed so many weddings that he had lots of inside knowledge about vendors and all sorts of other tips. How nice is that? I was planning this wedding from out of state so I took him up on it and sure enough, Nick was genuinely happy to help me with everything I asked and even put out a Facebook post asking for tips on a rehearsal dinner site. From first contact till now, just a wonderful experience! He was also so nice to have around on the day of the wedding, a very kind, genuine, unassuming person. You might not think ahead about the fact that your photographer is going to be there with you during some of the most personal moments of your wedding day, having a nice like-able person is pretty important! Nick made us feel very comfortable and at ease being photographed. He blended in with everything that was going on during the day. Many of our guests commented, "that photographer was such a nice guy!" We felt exactly the same way :) Thanks so much to Blue Bend and Nick!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Katie, 4/23/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, High-Res Images, Slideshow

Don't even give it a second thought. Nick was amazing. We had some of the most unique pictures. Our family and friends are still talking about Nick! Memorable experience. Thank you Flowers by Larry for sending us to Nick.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 4/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Blue Bend photography is AMAZING!!! Unfortunately, due to a number of circumstances on our wedding day we were unable to capture many photos of my husband and I by ourselves nor a single photo of just me in my wedding dress. After much encouragement from family, coworkers, and friends we decided to put our wedding attire back on and relive that moment. At the last minute we decided it would mean more to both of us if we took these pictures at the place we got married and our original photographer was too far away from the venue. We found Nick on wedding wire. We immediately fell in love with his photos so we contacted him! After hearing our story it was as if it became his mission to help us relive and capture our day. He met us promptly the next day even though his wife was due to have her baby at any point! He was absolutely charming, relaxed, creative, and funny! We were immediately comfortable with him and had a blast taking the photos. We received the photos 3 weeks or so later and O-M-G!!! I am almost grateful that things worked out the way they did because we were able meet Nick. Our pictures turned out like something out of a magazine! We are forever thankful!

Profile Picture Danielle, 10/3/15, 6 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files

Nick with Blue Bend Photography was fabulous! We loved all of our pictures and LOVED working with him!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 9/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

From the beginning of planning to the end of the wedding, Blue Bend was amazing! Nick was so helpful and responsive through the planning process. Kevin was the photographer assigned to our wedding and he was phenomenal!

Profile Picture Caroline, 7/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I don't know how to begin praising Nick Gillespie's phenomenal job photographing our wedding at our home in the mountains of North Carolina. I knew instantly from a quick conversation on the phone with Nick that he was the one to do our photography. Nick was unbelievably professional, friendly, smart, considerate, and gracefully aware of the complex components that make up a wedding (so that he seemingly was able to catch every.single.important.moment). Nick has a carefree attitude (which was a front because he definitely cared a great deal about everything) and he is honest about which photographs to prioritize depending on the location of the sun, the order of events, and the inevitability of the massive thunderstorm on its way to bless your wedding and flood your reception tent. I cherish the photographs of our friends and family barefoot in the mud. Nick is also an expert at taming your nerves, making you laugh, and helping you feel good about all of the decisions you made leading up to your wedding. We truly missed having Nick around after he left. He was an honorary guest by the end of it, having impressed all of the other guests. My only regret is that I did not book more hours with Nick. He is worth every penny, so I urge you to book as much of his time as you can possibly afford, and then book more!

Profile Picture Michelle, 7/25/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, High-Res Images, Slideshow

Nick was very professional and so much fun to hang out with on our wedding day. He arrived earlier than he was supposed to and scoped out the best shots. We went to areas on the mountain that we didn't even know existed and got amazing photographs because of that! He even made special arrangements to get photographs with a family member with dementia who didn't tolerate the first round of family photos on the mountain. Very creative, very talented, and a great personality that really puts even a stressed out bride at ease. The pics turned out absolutely beautiful. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Erin, 5/23/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Blue Bend Photography was one of our biggest finds for our wedding. After going through the list of preferred vendors I just wasn't feeling a connection to any of the photographers (not to mention their extremely high pricing). So I started my search on google and Blue Bend was one of the first to come up! I called and was able to get ahold of Nick on the first try and was very professional and made me feel comfortable going through the process. Being from the area we were getting married at (we were from another state) things were a bit more stressful but they took care of everything and had a lot of experience shooting at our venue. Maddy, his wife, was our actual photographer and we could not have had a better experience! She was so sweet and had such a calm energy around her it made the entire experience a memorable part of our day. She even took on shooting our two crazy dogs during the bridal session. All of our family and friends adored her and she fit right in! After a few weeks, we got all of the photos digitally so we had access to all of our high res photos. They came out amazing and was beyond impressed. We couldn't even believe that was us in the photos! Overall, end your search for your perfect photographer here! Don't go through the pain of calling or searching; the service was perfect and their pricing was very fair. Thank you Blue Bend for all of your help and providing us with photos we are so in love with.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/23/15, 1 Review
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files

We couldn't be happier with the photography provided by Blue Bend Photography. Colby was our wedding day photographer and he was wonderful! He was very professional and captured all of our special moments. The photos are beautiful! Our ceremony was at the Basilica St. Lawrence and our reception was held at the Crest Pavilion. Blue Bend also took our engagement photos. For those, Nick took some amazing pictures of us at the UNCA Botanical Gardens. I highly recommend both Colby and Nick!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/23/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files, Prints

Nick was so wonderful at our wedding at Rumbling Bald in Lake Lure, NC! He was very professional and helpful! He's very warm and sweet and just blends and gets along with the wedding! The photos were beautiful and even went above and stayed after he was supposed to to take shots of us leaving in our get away boat!

Profile Picture Katey, 5/17/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Nick is amazing! We were lucky to have him as our engagement bridal and wedding photography. He is knowledgable professional and so easy to work with.
We couldn't be happier with our experience and recommend him to all our friends. We not only have some of the most beautiful photos but we consider him
Family. He was there for us during some emotional days in our journey and we felt at ease and well taken care of. Can't even express how much that means
We hope we can pay that forward.

Profile Picture Nick and Jennifer, 5/15/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: High-Res Images, Slideshow, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

Nick was fantastic! He did such an amazing shooting our wedding at High Hampton Inn. He was a blast to work with and the pictures are amazing. I would recommend him and Blue Bend Photography to anyone looking for a low stress great quality photographer.

Profile Picture PATRICIA, 5/9/15, 4 Reviews