Blue Avenue Groove Reviews

13 | Brooklyn, NY

13 Reviews for Blue Avenue Groove

13 Blue Avenue Groove Reviews

Meaghan · Married on 05/26/2018

Blue Avenue Groove was truly one of the best parts of our wedding. I don't think I've ever attended a wedding where people were more motivated to dance, and that's all thanks to Blue Avenue Groove's incredible musicianship, emceeing flair, and true professionalism. My husband and I are both musicians, and were getting really disheartened by how many wedding bands seemed like bad karaoke outfits. We could tell from Blue Avenue Groove's demos that they were really making all these classic songs their own - while still making them extremely danceable, and we couldn't be happier that we hired them. Will was extremely accommodating and flexible with our requests, from agreeing to play a song with my dad sitting in on guitar to switching the father-daughter song last-minute when my dad broke his wrist. Will and the sound technician (Billy, I think) also helped accommodate a late request from me to perform with one of my bridesmaids, and seamlessly set up microphones for us to play cello and sing in the middle of the reception. Every single musician on stage was top-notch, and the singers did an especially great job guiding the flow of the reception and making all the transitions super-organic! They're also incredibly reasonable as far as bands go, and in my opinion worth far more than they charge. At least 50 or so of our guests were professional musicians, and every one of them (as well as the non-musicians in the crowd) commented on how amazing the band was - I only wish we could get married again so we could have another Blue Avenue Groove dance party!

Kathleen · Married on 05/12/2018

Five stars are too few for a band as talented as Blue Avenue Groove!! Their music was the highlight of our wedding and booking them was the best decision we made. We had a lot of trouble finding a band that was willing to stray a little bit from the classic wedding tunes - that is, a band capable of prioritizing rock music, without sacrificing a healthy mix of pop, funk, and Motown. We had almost given up hope, until a friend recommended Blue Avenue Groove. Immediately after speaking with their band leader (and talented bass guitarist), Will Kencel, we knew we found what we were looking for! From the beginning, the band was incredibly flexible and easy to work with. They offered a range of ensemble sizes and options. We ended up booking an eight-piece band (including male and female singers) for the reception and a trio for the cocktail hour, and the price was beyond reasonable for what we received in return. Will was incredibly receptive to learning multiple special requests, and even emailed us a preliminary setlist to tweak and edit. Our guests were blown away by their sound and their style, especially their amazing singers, and the feedback was universally positive. The band’s energy kept people dancing all night - no one wanted to miss a song!

If you’re reading this, stop what you’re doing and book Blue Avenue Groove for your wedding!! You will be forever happy with your decision. Don’t delay! The soundtrack to your big day will be exactly as you envision it. We cannot thank them enough!!!

Emma · Married on 10/14/2017

I contacted Blue Avenue Groove after hearing their promo video, which really showcased their musicianship and made them stand out among other similar bands. The bandleader Will was always prompt in his emails back to me, and was kind enough to fix any last-minute snafus (one singer was suddenly unable to perform, so he magicked a new one and sent me her promo video as well). All in all, the band were very friendly and brought some serious funk and energy to the night. I have gotten dozens of compliments from guests about their setlist and talent!

This band has the flexibility to perform in multiple ensemble sizes (ie, horns vs. no horns) and has a full setlist plus a giant list of replacement songs. The pricing structure is very reasonable (please note my price includes the full 8-piece band plus a sound engineer), and any fees are easily described via a conversation with Will.

I'm so happy I booked Blue Avenue Groove--they kept us dancing all night! Well done everyone!

-Emma

Aaron · Married on 09/23/2017

Every single member of this band is extremely talented. Super versatile. They have a great ability to keep the energy of any event high. Highlight of our wedding

Heidi · Married on 07/04/2017

Choosing the right band for you from a different country is a huge challenge, but when we found Blue Avenue Groove we knew right away that they had the sound we were looking for. Our wedding was a cocktail style reception and our musical taste was laid back, groovy and something that our guests could tap their feet to, moving into something they could dance to if they wanted. Blue Avenue Groove blew us away!!!! I do not mean that lightly - they were absolutely outstanding! All our guests loved them - we have received so many compliments on our choice of band.
    Lead by Will, the Band Manager, his passion for what he does is so clear and I think this is what makes him brilliant. Sami was our vocalist and her voice is like velvet! The guitarist was fantastic - his riffs had everyone cheering! The drummer was fabulous! The whole band really made our wedding incredibly fun.
    Thanks so much Blue Avenue Groove - we can't recommend you highly enough!!

Adina · Married on 07/02/2017

We can't say enough about Blue Avenue Groove. The group played our Wedding in July and it was a great event. Our guests couldn't stop talking about the band and most came up to us afterwards to tell us how much they enjoyed the music. The group is made up of outstanding musicians, their two lead singers Jonathan and Sami are nothing short of amazing, and they really groove. Will was great to work with, he was all over the the event details- ran by set lists ahead of time with us to craft a great lineup of soul/funk/R&B classics with a few newer tunes thrown in, and was happy to have my husband (a drummer) sit in for a number of songs which delighted the crowd! If you book Blue Avenue Groove for your Wedding you won't be disappointed.

Ryan · Married on 09/24/2016

My wife & I can't recommend Blue Avenue Groove highly enough! From the time that we booked them, Will and the rest of the band were responsive, personable and flexible with our requests. Not to mention their incredible talent as musicians!!! Seriously, our wedding would not have been the same without them. From funk, to r & b, to the instrumental jazz standards they played during cocktail hour, they can do it all. We had many wedding guests both during and after the reception, tell us that they are by far the best wedding band they'd ever heard, and I wholeheartedly agree. If you want to have all of your wedding guests up out of their seats dancing to the funkiest band in all the land, then hire these guys! Thank you to Will and the rest of the group for being incredibly talented and kind souls, and for providing us and our guests truly unforgettable music on our big day.

I first heard this band at the Greenwich Town Party an annual event. While this years musicians were Hall&Oates I was quite disappointed. Then Blue Avenue Groove really knocked it out of the park with their versatility they boasted soul, rock, blues,and outstanding vocals. The crowd wanted more and so did I ! In my opinion they were the best band of the day,truly original and full of groove.

lois · Married on 12/03/2016

I recently booked this group for a party and everyone, to a person, loved them. There were some serious musicians among the guests, who were impressed with the level of the band's ability. The singer, Jon, was fabulous and really got the crowd involved. The most impressive feature was that the band seemed to enjoy the party as much as the guests.
    I would highly recommend them and would definitely hire them for my next event.

Sandor · Married on 11/03/2017

We were so happy with Blue Avenue Groove for our wedding at the Brooklyn Winery. They sound absolutely fantastic and had people of all ages dancing the night away. They were professional and courteous and it was clear that not only did they enjoy what they were doing but also were interested in making the night as special as possible. If I am ever looking for a band for another special event, they will be my first call.

Scott · Married on 07/02/2017

Natalie · Married on 06/03/2018

Everything was perfect, I was so busy that I hoped I got a chance to enjoy the music! It was a great day and loved the cocktail hour jazz piece!

Blue Avenue Groove 1