Blue Avenue Groove Reviews

Blue Avenue Groove 5
Blue Avenue Groove 6

Shana C · Getting married on 04/09/2020

Amazing band!

We absolutely loved having Blue Avenue Groove play our ceremony, cocktail reception, and reception. They were amazing and helped us think through every detail. They learned all of the music that we needed them to, were professional and most importantly - kept the crowd dancing! They even mixed in some songs that we weren't expecting but that the crowd loved. A+ all around -- we wish that we were getting married again this weekend so that we could hear Blue Avenue Groove play again!

Sent on 10/06/2019

astrid vallens · Married on 09/07/2019

Great band!

Blue avenue groove played our summer camp wedding, and boy did they bring the party! EVERYONE was up dancing, and many guests came up to me specifically to remark on how great the band was. They are extremely talented people and they sounded amazing. They also were very helpful and flexible when, during the reception, we found out we had given the caterers and the band different schedules and conflicting information. They communicated really well with my groom and I, and everything went smoothly despite our mistake. 100% recommend them.

Sent on 09/20/2019

Jordan Sopp · Married on 07/20/2019

Incredible wedding band

Can’t say enough amazing things about Blue Avenue Groove. Will and his band were absolutely amazing and we got a ton of compliments from our guests. At one point I even noticed the bartenders watching, and one pulled me aside saying they were the best band they’ve ever had at the venue! They were an absolute pleasure to work with and I’d recommend them to anyone looking to knock their wedding out of the park. True professionals in every sense of the word.

Sent on 08/10/2019
  • Peter

Peter Wallace · Married on 07/19/2019

Blue avenue groove rocked the house

"Where did you find your band?!"

That will be the refrain after your wedding if you go with Will and Blue Avenue Groove. I know, because that is all my wife and I have been hearing from our guests. Blue Avenue Groove were consummate professionals, easy to work with, and extremely talented to boot. They had the whole party rocking, and everyone danced their socks off. I honestly cannot recommend them more. We have a friend who is getting married next year, and they have already reached out to get Blue Avenue Groove's contact information because they loved them so much. Make your life easy; just pick Blue Avenue Groove to be your band and enjoy the party! Thank you so much to Will and his team of incredibly talented performers!

Sent on 08/06/2019

Haley · Married on 05/18/2019

Awesome wedding band!

Blue Avenue Groove just played at our wedding in Long Island City and did a fantastic job. They were very easy to work with, were able to play our requests super well, and everyone kept asking where we had found them! We had Sami as our vocalist and she was awesome, could really belt it out!

Sent on 05/20/2019

Jesse Edge · Married on 05/11/2019

Awesome funky wedding band

We were extremely happy that we hired Blue Avenue Groove as our wedding band. First, the wedding involved a number of logistical complications, including multiple transitions between different locations for cocktails, dinner, and dancing, some special requests on the first dance song, and my band using their equipment to play a couple of songs. They handled all of these logistics smoothly so we didn't have to worry about anything.

And then second, they put on a fantastic show, especially wowing the crowd with some funk power and a singer than can really wail. Everybody loved it, and it was just what we were looking for.

Sent on 06/08/2019

marianne · Married on 06/02/2018

My daughter and her (now) husband are professional musicians, and half of the guests at their wedding would be serious musicians, so it was important to get a first-rate band -- which Blue Avenue Groove was, and more. They were -- by far -- the best band I have ever heard at a wedding. More than being excellent musicians, they energized the whole crowd, which ranged from a five-year old, who could not stop dancing, to post-70s folks, who had not danced in years. People have been telling us ever since the wedding what a great band Blue Avenue Groove is. Do yourself a favor and hire them

Sent on 07/11/2018

Meaghan · Married on 05/26/2018

Blue Avenue Groove was truly one of the best parts of our wedding. I don't think I've ever attended a wedding where people were more motivated to dance, and that's all thanks to Blue Avenue Groove's incredible musicianship, emceeing flair, and true professionalism. My husband and I are both musicians, and were getting really disheartened by how many wedding bands seemed like bad karaoke outfits. We could tell from Blue Avenue Groove's demos that they were really making all these classic songs their own - while still making them extremely danceable, and we couldn't be happier that we hired them. Will was extremely accommodating and flexible with our requests, from agreeing to play a song with my dad sitting in on guitar to switching the father-daughter song last-minute when my dad broke his wrist. Will and the sound technician (Billy, I think) also helped accommodate a late request from me to perform with one of my bridesmaids, and seamlessly set up microphones for us to play cello and sing in the middle of the reception. Every single musician on stage was top-notch, and the singers did an especially great job guiding the flow of the reception and making all the transitions super-organic! They're also incredibly reasonable as far as bands go, and in my opinion worth far more than they charge. At least 50 or so of our guests were professional musicians, and every one of them (as well as the non-musicians in the crowd) commented on how amazing the band was - I only wish we could get married again so we could have another Blue Avenue Groove dance party!

Sent on 06/17/2018

Kathleen · Married on 05/12/2018

Five stars are too few for a band as talented as Blue Avenue Groove!! Their music was the highlight of our wedding and booking them was the best decision we made. We had a lot of trouble finding a band that was willing to stray a little bit from the classic wedding tunes - that is, a band capable of prioritizing rock music, without sacrificing a healthy mix of pop, funk, and Motown. We had almost given up hope, until a friend recommended Blue Avenue Groove. Immediately after speaking with their band leader (and talented bass guitarist), Will Kencel, we knew we found what we were looking for! From the beginning, the band was incredibly flexible and easy to work with. They offered a range of ensemble sizes and options. We ended up booking an eight-piece band (including male and female singers) for the reception and a trio for the cocktail hour, and the price was beyond reasonable for what we received in return. Will was incredibly receptive to learning multiple special requests, and even emailed us a preliminary setlist to tweak and edit. Our guests were blown away by their sound and their style, especially their amazing singers, and the feedback was universally positive. The band’s energy kept people dancing all night - no one wanted to miss a song!

If you’re reading this, stop what you’re doing and book Blue Avenue Groove for your wedding!! You will be forever happy with your decision. Don’t delay! The soundtrack to your big day will be exactly as you envision it. We cannot thank them enough!!!

Sent on 06/02/2018

Emma · Married on 10/14/2017

I contacted Blue Avenue Groove after hearing their promo video, which really showcased their musicianship and made them stand out among other similar bands. The bandleader Will was always prompt in his emails back to me, and was kind enough to fix any last-minute snafus (one singer was suddenly unable to perform, so he magicked a new one and sent me her promo video as well). All in all, the band were very friendly and brought some serious funk and energy to the night. I have gotten dozens of compliments from guests about their setlist and talent!

This band has the flexibility to perform in multiple ensemble sizes (ie, horns vs. no horns) and has a full setlist plus a giant list of replacement songs. The pricing structure is very reasonable (please note my price includes the full 8-piece band plus a sound engineer), and any fees are easily described via a conversation with Will.

I'm so happy I booked Blue Avenue Groove--they kept us dancing all night! Well done everyone!

-Emma

Sent on 10/24/2017

Aaron · Married on 09/23/2017

Every single member of this band is extremely talented. Super versatile. They have a great ability to keep the energy of any event high. Highlight of our wedding

Sent on 10/07/2017

Heidi · Married on 07/04/2017

Choosing the right band for you from a different country is a huge challenge, but when we found Blue Avenue Groove we knew right away that they had the sound we were looking for. Our wedding was a cocktail style reception and our musical taste was laid back, groovy and something that our guests could tap their feet to, moving into something they could dance to if they wanted. Blue Avenue Groove blew us away!!!! I do not mean that lightly - they were absolutely outstanding! All our guests loved them - we have received so many compliments on our choice of band.
    Lead by Will, the Band Manager, his passion for what he does is so clear and I think this is what makes him brilliant. Sami was our vocalist and her voice is like velvet! The guitarist was fantastic - his riffs had everyone cheering! The drummer was fabulous! The whole band really made our wedding incredibly fun.
    Thanks so much Blue Avenue Groove - we can't recommend you highly enough!!

Sent on 07/31/2017

Adina · Married on 07/02/2017

We can't say enough about Blue Avenue Groove. The group played our Wedding in July and it was a great event. Our guests couldn't stop talking about the band and most came up to us afterwards to tell us how much they enjoyed the music. The group is made up of outstanding musicians, their two lead singers Jonathan and Sami are nothing short of amazing, and they really groove. Will was great to work with, he was all over the the event details- ran by set lists ahead of time with us to craft a great lineup of soul/funk/R&B classics with a few newer tunes thrown in, and was happy to have my husband (a drummer) sit in for a number of songs which delighted the crowd! If you book Blue Avenue Groove for your Wedding you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 07/22/2017

Ryan · Married on 09/24/2016

My wife & I can't recommend Blue Avenue Groove highly enough! From the time that we booked them, Will and the rest of the band were responsive, personable and flexible with our requests. Not to mention their incredible talent as musicians!!! Seriously, our wedding would not have been the same without them. From funk, to r & b, to the instrumental jazz standards they played during cocktail hour, they can do it all. We had many wedding guests both during and after the reception, tell us that they are by far the best wedding band they'd ever heard, and I wholeheartedly agree. If you want to have all of your wedding guests up out of their seats dancing to the funkiest band in all the land, then hire these guys! Thank you to Will and the rest of the group for being incredibly talented and kind souls, and for providing us and our guests truly unforgettable music on our big day.

Sent on 10/21/2016

I first heard this band at the Greenwich Town Party an annual event. While this years musicians were Hall&Oates I was quite disappointed. Then Blue Avenue Groove really knocked it out of the park with their versatility they boasted soul, rock, blues,and outstanding vocals. The crowd wanted more and so did I ! In my opinion they were the best band of the day,truly original and full of groove.

Sent on 06/13/2016

lois · Married on 12/03/2016

I recently booked this group for a party and everyone, to a person, loved them. There were some serious musicians among the guests, who were impressed with the level of the band's ability. The singer, Jon, was fabulous and really got the crowd involved. The most impressive feature was that the band seemed to enjoy the party as much as the guests.
    I would highly recommend them and would definitely hire them for my next event.

Sent on 12/07/2016

Sandor · Married on 11/03/2017

We were so happy with Blue Avenue Groove for our wedding at the Brooklyn Winery. They sound absolutely fantastic and had people of all ages dancing the night away. They were professional and courteous and it was clear that not only did they enjoy what they were doing but also were interested in making the night as special as possible. If I am ever looking for a band for another special event, they will be my first call.

Sent on 11/07/2017

Scott · Married on 07/02/2017

Sent on 10/15/2017

Natalie · Married on 06/03/2018

Everything was perfect, I was so busy that I hoped I got a chance to enjoy the music! It was a great day and loved the cocktail hour jazz piece!

Sent on 06/19/2018