21 Reviews for Blockhead

Sound/PA System (5)
Ceremony (3)
Lighting (3)
21 Blockhead Reviews

Hired for our daughter's wedding......Fabulous band that kept EVERYONE on the dance floor for the entire evening. Great mix of music, handled all aspects of the reception well and with great humor.....Absolutely recommend!!!

Profile Picture Sandra, 9/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

We hired Blockead for our wedding and they were simply amazing! Everyone was on the dance floor the entire night and had a blast! They played a variety of songs so all generations were enjoying the music, and they were obviously very talented musically, and brought great energy to the wedding. We have received SO many compliments on their behalf. John was a pleasure to work with, we would so very highly recommend hiring them for your wedding!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Couldn't hold off writing this review as they deserve some credit ASAP after our wedding this past Saturday 9/16/17. We were in search of a band that had it all, from Tom Petty to top 40, and we found it with the Blockheads! If they weren't familiar with a song, they learned it for us, and rocked it! They had the dance floor filled from song #1 until the venue said it was finally time to go. Every guest went out of their way to tell me and my new wife that the band was outstanding and everyone wanted to get their information. The best part was that they were always playing, only one break for the entire reception!(which they picked a few recorded songs to flow seamlessly) If you're looking for a band to make your reception a party you won't forget, book these guys!

Dan and Jess

Profile Picture Dan, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Not only the best sounding band in the state, but by far the best value! If you have not heard John from Blockhead sing before, I suggest you go check them out in Newport on the weekends. Aside from that, I've seen these guys play dozens of times. In the simplest terms... they bring the party. If you want a hassle free experience, perfect coordination of events, and a crowded dance floor all night, they are your guys!

Profile Picture Matthew, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

John and Todd were easily one of the greatest experiences at our wedding!
The acoustics for the ceremony, cocktail hour and dinner were absolutely perfect. It was good music of great quality!
All correspondents go through John and he is quick to respond via email. He even set up a phone call because we were unable to meet in person.
They were so easy to work with in person. We had a few last minute changes, no problem.
Would highly recommend!! John and Todd were the perfect mix of acoustic music and DJ-ing when it came time to dance. Thank you both!

Profile Picture Meghan, 5/20/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Learning New Songs, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

Blockhead absolutely made my wedding - I don't think there are words to describe how much I loved them! Everything was perfect and went smoothly - not only did they sound incredible, but they were super professional, too. I think even our wedding venue was blown away by them. And on top of how awesome they were on the day of the wedding, John was the easiest vendor to work with leading up to the big day - he responded to my emails almost immediately and actually answered all of my questions every time (something a lot of people don't do...) - I just couldn't have been any happier with these guys.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

Book Blockhead now, don't even hesitate. At first we didn't know whether we wanted a DJ or a live band but after hearing Blockhead play, we knew they were exactly what we were looking for. These guys put on a hell of a show, were flexible and accommodating of our requests and our wedding guests couldn't stop talking about them. If you're looking for a fun, energetic, talented group with a huge variety of songs, look no further. We can't say enough great things about them and they were hands down the best decision we made during our wedding planning. -Kristin and Adam, Bangor ME

Profile Picture Adam, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

This band is AMAZING! We are so lucky we happened to be touring a venue on the night they were performing, otherwise we would have never found them. They were extremely responsive throughout the planning process and willing to travel (our wedding was in NY). Our wedding was a 90s crowd all the way and they played right to that - our guests were singing and dancing to EVERY song and even started a "One More Song" chant when they started wrapping up. My sister will be using them for her wedding in June 2017!

Profile Picture Jackie, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

If you want incredible music at your wedding and a talented and fun-loving band... look no further. Blockhead is the AMAZING and is by far one the best bands our there. They were the highlight of our wedding and all of our guests are still talking about what a phenomenal band they are, and keep asking me where I found them! The truth is- my mom and I booked Blockhead last March for my wedding this July after hearing them play one set. We knew from the first time we heard them play that they were awesome and we had to have them play at my wedding if they were available. My, now husband, was a little taken back that I did not consult him because he loves music and is very particular. He saw the band earlier this year and fell in love with their ability to play his type of music perfectly, 70's rock, as well as my type of music- country and hits.

At our wedding they were on point. They were able to play such a wide variety of music and each and every song sounded perfect! They even let my husband sing a Guns and Roses song- his favorite- that night - which was so thoughtful and special. Before the wedding John Erickson, one of the band members, was extremely professional, easy to work with, and helpful. He made sure we had everything we needed and helped us plan all the music for our big day- from the processional at the ceremony to the hits on the dance floor. The band played acoustic during out cocktail hour and dinner, which was so elegant and beautiful and really kicked it up a few notches to get the dance party going after dinner! They also did a great job with the introductions and traditional dances. We knew the band and music was fantastic because people of all ages were killing it all night on the dance floor and were having a great time. I look forward to going to see Blockhead again in RI or MA and we would definitely recommend that have them at your wedding- you will not be disappointed- they are the best!

Profile Picture Jillian, 7/16/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

John Erikson and the band were terrific! He was a pleasure to work with from the beginning. He played acoustically for our cocktail hour which set the perfect mood for our guests. Once the band began playing for the reception all our guests were up dancing. Our guests could not stop raving about the music. Weeks after our wedding we were still getting asked about the band. John even played our first dance perfectly, a song he learned just for us. You will be making a huge mistake if you do not book Blockhead for your wedding or next event.

Profile Picture Dawn, 7/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Cocktail Hour, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

Blockhead is AMAZING!!!! We looked at 8 - 9 person wedding bands but ultimately chose Blockhead. We could not be happier with our decision! We had a wedding with over 200 wedding guests. Our guests spanned ages and generations and EVERYONE was up and dancing and having a blast at our wedding. Blockhead set the tone, worked beautifully with the folks at our wedding venue, listened to all of our requests and really made the night! Hire Blockhead for your wedding or event! You won't regret it!!

Profile Picture Regina, 6/26/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Microphones, Sound/PA System

My husband and I got married in June in Rehoboth, MA. Blockhead was BY far one of the best decisions we made. They were so accomodating with all of our song requests. They even had a work sheet that helped us know all the different things we needed songs for which was a huge help! All of our guests never left the dance floor the entire night. Even to this day people tell us how much fun they had at our wedding because of how good Blockhead was! Anyone looking for a band for their wedding I highly suggest them!
Jen from Warwick, RI

Profile Picture Jennifef, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

My wedding was almost 2 years ago and I still get compliments on how wonderful the band was. John and his team are so easy and accommodating to work with and they truly know how to get a crowd going! I would confidently recommend them to anyone- thank you John for making our wedding so special!!

Profile Picture User4660664, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

The Blockheads made our wedding! The dance floor was packed from beginning to end as they played songs that appealed to all generations and sounded incredibly while doing so. They even surprised us by learning our first dance song to play live! John was such a pleasure to work with throughout the entire planning process - he accomodated last minute requests and helped my husband and I find the perfect musician for our ceremony music. He is incredibly responsive as well and a joy to work with. We first saw the Blockheads at a friends wedding and they were the only band we considered for our wedding. I would HIGHLY recommend them!

Profile Picture Colleen, 8/29/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

I can’t say enough wonderful things about John and Blockhead Rocks! We used Blockhead Rocks for our wedding in June 2015 and we still receiving compliments on how amazing they were. John played our cocktail hour acoustically and the band joined him for the reception. They even let one of our friends play with them as a gift to us… it was a total highlight!
We enjoyed John and the band so much that we now plan all of our trips to Newport around when we might be able to hear them play! Blockhead Rocks was very professional, easy to deal with, very communicative and fairly priced. You won’t be disappointed!

Profile Picture Delia, 6/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

John was absolutely amazing from start to finish! I couldn't have picked a better band for my wedding. They were engaging and fun and they kept the crowd going. I received so many compliment on the band and how they played such a wide range of songs. SOOOO MUCH BETTER THAN A DJ!
Thank you guys! You really made my night so much fun as well as all my guests!

Kimberly Correira ( Tobiaz :o) )

Profile Picture Kimberly, 5/22/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Band

Blockhead sounded amazing at our wedding. They played the cocktail hour and reception and the guests could not stop talking about how great they sounded.

The energy was levels above other DJ'd weddings we have been to in the past.

We were able to work with John to customize the songlist to completely reach our vision of the wedding.

We can't wait to see them play in Boston or Newport again in the near future!

Use them and you will have an amazing wedding experience!

Profile Picture DanDee, 5/9/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

We loved hearing them live, & they were just as great on our big day. We got tons of compliments too.

Profile Picture User2580030, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

So accommodating to every request. They even learned my first dance song last minute and did amazing with it. They play a great variety of music and had everyone dancing the whole time. They even let my 3 year old nephew sing along on their mic.

Profile Picture User2173230, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
4.7

We hired Blockhead for our wedding. During the event, many guests expressed how much they adored the band. Their sound was great and they really kept the party moving (this was especially important for us because we had a Sunday wedding and wanted to do all we could to prevent the Sunday-night-decline). The frontman, John, learned a special song for our first dance and it sounded great. They were wonderful.

Profile Picture Michelle, 8/7/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

John and the band are awesome. We couldn't have hired a better band. They will tailor their sets to your specifications and songs and they play everything really well. All genres. Our guests had a great time. We have recommended them to several family members and friends.

Profile Picture Raymond, 7/25/09, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System