Blissful Blooms Reviews

44 | Scottsdale, AZ

44 Reviews for Blissful Blooms

Darien · Married on 11/07/2015

Carlyn and Blissful Blooms were an absolute joy and pleasure to work with. I was always able to get a hold of her and she was easy to meet up with to discuss details. My flowers were competitively priced and turned out better than I could have ever imagined for my wedding day. Not only did I end up with a florist for life but a great friend too!

Sent on 02/23/2016

Callie · Married on 10/24/2015

Hiring Carlyn Millea with Blissful Blooms was the best decision I made when planning my wedding! My wedding (which was attended by 170 guests) was in Rocky Point, Mexico. Naturally, planning from Phoenix, Arizona was no easy task, but Carlyn made everything go so smoothly! On top of the usual planning considerations, we also had to arrange bus transportation for our guests, schedule transportation to Phoenix for out of town guests, arrange transportation and accommodation for our vendors (band, photographer, videographer), arrange hotel accommodations for all guests, purchase flowers in Mexico (which isn't easy), plan an out of town rehearsal dinner and farewell breakfast.... You get the idea. Despite the fact that planning this wedding involved a lot of moving parts, Carlyn made it look EASY. She is incredibly talented and creative but organized and thorough- truly the best of both worlds. She always wanted to know what my vision for the big day was and did a beautiful job executing the tastefully done décor (which was ocean/beach themed of course). Her flower arrangements were truly spectacular. The day of my wedding went off without a hitch, and if there were any issues I did not know about them because Carlyn was on top of everything! I received countless compliments on the wedding weekend, which was everything I dreamed of and more thanks to Carlyn. I also gained a new friend in the process. I HIGHLY recommend hiring Blissful Blooms to handle your big day or special event, no matter what the size. You will be so glad you did!

Sent on 02/28/2016

Kate · Married on 10/16/2015

Carlyn created the most beautiful bridal and bridesmaids bouquets for my wedding!! I have known her for years and have seen her creative work for about 15 years. But I was still completely blown away at the arrangements that she created. I had shown her some examples of what I liked and when I received the bouquets she created they were even more beautiful then the examples I sent her! Amazing! Additionally, she is very professional and dependable. I would 100% recommend her for anything creative related; she will blow you away!!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Theresa · Married on 10/09/2015

I wish I could give more stars. Blissful Blooms made the most gorgeous flowers for my recent wedding! Carlyn is a dream to work with! She listened to what my now husband and I wanted and delivered beyond our wildest dreams. What other florists wanted thousands of dollars to provide, Carlyn delivered within our budget. I found Blissful Blooms on Thumbtack, and it was the best encounter! Blissful Blooms has a customer for life for all my floral needs. I will never go elsewhere- I have no need to. I know with Carlyn, I will get the most beautiful, quality work, for a fair, affordable price. Thank you so much Carlyn!

Sent on 10/18/2015

Blissful Blooms's reply:

Theresa, Thank you so much for your fabulous review!!! It was a pleasure working with you and I loved seeing how thrilled you were when I delivered your flowers to you!!!! Happy to hear the day was everything you dreamed it would be!!

Carlyn is so talented, she has a vision that goes far beyond what you can even imagine. I'm from Canada, but was living in Germany at the time and wanted to get married in Arizona, so you can imagine how difficult it would have been to plan a wedding all on my own. Carlyn and I corresponded over email for months, we sent countless emails back and forth and none of my emails ever went unanswered. We developed a great relationship and pinned all of our ideas on Pinterest. Once I was back in Canada, I arranged to head to Arizona to finalize some wedding details and finally meet, Carlyn, it was love at first sight! Carlyn is imaginative and creative and will go above and beyond to create something spectacular. She truly took everything I said and created my dream wedding. The day went off without a hitch, everything was executed on point, it was truly the most amazing day of my life and it wouldn't have been the same without, Carlyn's hard work, dedication, love and support. She truly is amazing!

Sent on 09/07/2015
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 12/06/2014

Carlyn is WONDERFUL!!!! She was a joy to work with she was very professional and actually listened to what My husband and I envisioned for our wedding. She did everything so perfectly and we couldn't have been happier. Carlyn was always right there to answer any questions or concerns and always followed up with us to give us any updates. She was so creative and made you feel as though you were part of her family. She put her heart into every detail to make sure it was just right and it was Beautiful. Thank you Carlyn and Blissful Blooms for making our wedding day extra special and beautiful!

Sent on 12/26/2014

Stefanie · Married on 10/12/2014

Let me say prior to reviewing my experience I am a person who has never enjoyed flowers or saw the value in cut flowers (after all they do die fairly quickly). When we met Carlyn at the Bridal Show, I was worried about expressing my lack of interest in this piece of wedding planning and dreaded the process. After everything was said and done I honestly can say it was stupid to feel that way. Carlyn made the process so easy and was able to work with my meager budget. The flowers were more beautiful than I could have ever expected. I've received so many compliments on the flowers. I would fully recommend working with Carlyn and Blissful Blooms.

Sent on 10/23/2014

Jordan · Married on 07/12/2014

Carlyn created an absolutely magical reception space for my wedding. The colors of the flowers were gorgeous and made the room look like a million bucks. My bouquet was breathtaking! She flew all the way to Colorado to do my wedding flowers. Her work was impeccable. She is wonderful to work with and pays attention to the smallest of details. She would be an asset to anyone's wedding.

Sent on 08/09/2014

Absolutely beautiful, stunning, gorgeous flowers and table decor. Carlyn was wonderful and her work was amazing. We loved every piece she did for our wedding ♡♡

Sent on 10/02/2014

Jane · Married on 11/06/2011

Carlyn provided exceptional service, meeting with my daughter and me beforehand to take extensive notes and offering great ideas that really added to the venue. She took a challenging venue and turned it into my daughter's dream wedding environment. She also took enormous care to be respectful of our budget, making adjustments and suggestions along the way. Thank you Carlyn for a wonderful job!!!

Sent on 09/15/2015

Alexandra · Married on 11/06/2009

Carlyn helped us more than we knew we would need! She was there to pick up the slack to make sure we worried about nothing, and to make our visions even more beautiful then we could have imagined. My husband and I are so thankful for her company's help making our wedding day flawless! I would reccomend them to any of my best friends!

Sent on 11/13/2009

Melissa · Married on 10/24/2009

Carlyn did a great job organizing our wedding. Seriously, i don't know how I would have survived the planning without her! Carlyn contracted for our cake, catering, and rentals. She coordinated with each of those vendors and with the venue, as well as designing all the florals for the day of the wedding. She really listened to what I wanted and everything came out exactly as I had envisioned!

I didn't have to worry about one thing on the wedding day and was completely free to enjoy myself. Hiring Carlyn was probably the best decision of our entire planning process.

Sent on 11/14/2009

Jill · Married on 04/19/2009

We live in Chicago but got married in AZ. My parents were new to the Scottsdale area and hired Carlyn to help with the all the details of a rehearsal dinner.

We were pretty laid back and told her the general theme/feel we were going for and she came back with a great caterer, band and decorations. Everyone raved what a great evening it was and it was perfect for us too because we didn't need to worry about a thing. She took care of every detail. During the event, we learned one of our guest�s children was having a birthday. Carlyn tracked down birthday candles in no time so we could sing Happy Birthday!

Carlyn is very personable and easy to work with. She listens to what you want and comes back with multiple options. She also recommended a place for us to get our nails done (not being familiar with the area).

Carlyn helped make planning an out of state wedding very easy and we didn�t worry about a thing except showing up. I would absolutely recommend her!

Sent on 11/28/2009

Ann · Married on 04/19/2009

I was the mother-of-the-bride.
    Because all of the guests were coming from out of town for the weekend/wedding we wanted every facet of the wedding events to be a happy and memorable experience for one and all.
    Our liason at Talliesin, site of the rehersal dinner, offered the idea that she knew someone who had planned events there and could be of great help to us if we would like to shorten our to-do list.
    We interviewed Carlyn and from then on, it was a great match for all concerned. Carlyn was a perfectionist on the details for every aspect of our event. The result was that our event flowed flawlessly and joyfully.

Sent on 12/01/2009

Bree · Married on 03/20/2009

I just wanted to let you know that I am soooo happy with how everything turned out! Everything was MORE than perfect. I was obsessed! I knew that you would do a great job when I chose you to do my flowers.

I honestly couldn't have asked for anything more perfect. They were exactly what I wanted and more and I cannot wait to see the professional pics. I'll make sure to send you these photos!

Thanks again!

Bree

Sent on 04/08/2010

Nathan · Married on 04/15/2018

Carlyn at Blissful Blooms did an incredible job with all the floral arrangements for our wedding. Everything looked amazing, from the centerpieces to the custom gazebo. I cannot stress how incredibly responsive and flexible she is. More than any other vendor we hired, she was the most responsive to any requests or concerns we had.

Sent on 05/03/2018

Blissful Blooms's reply:

Thank you so much Nathan! I’m thrilled you and Madison were so thrilled! Wish you both the very best future together!!

Barbara · Married on 05/09/2009

3.5

Carlyn was a wonderful help in planning our beautiful event.
    She accompanied us to meetings and knew the logistics of planning a large event where everything had to be brought in. She also did the flowers for us and they were magnificent. Everyone said it was one of the most beautiful weddings they ever attended.
    In working with Carlyn I feel that I not only had a competent professional on my team, but also a friend.

Sent on 02/03/2010

Bonni · Married on 04/12/2014

2.8
      3.0
      2.0
      2.5
      3.0

Carlyn is very sweet and was personally recommended to me by my venue catering manager (she is not on their official list of vendor recommendations) however I was disappointed with the results. I was incredibly specific about what I wanted even giving photo examples in person, extra info and photos via email and researching tons myself. She either didn't understand, didn't listen, didn't refer to my emails or was unable to create what I wanted without communicating that to me. For example I specifically said I did not want any roses except for a few circus roses and she called and texted me the morning of my wedding asking if I wanted roses for my hair flowers. And there were roses in everything else. The centerpiece designs were disappointing, lacked creativity and seemed like something I could have done myself for much less money. I wanted succulents and there was only a few in only some of the centerpieces. I asked for tight centerpieces with nothing sticking out and there were flowers sticking out. It didn't seem like a ton of flowers for the price and the design was nothing special, I had shopped around at some big local shops and the prices were the same. My bouquet was pretty however some of the flowers were already drooping in my photos which were taken before the ceremony. Again she is very sweet and I feel bad writing this but I was disappointed and I would not recommend her for the price.

Sent on 05/05/2014
  • Nadine

Nadine · Married on 09/26/2020

2.4
      1.0
      2.0
      1.0

Worst Experience of My Wedding Day

I had the WORST experience. I'm not even sure where to begin here, but I guess I'll start with my bouquet, which was contracted to be a two-foot long cascade. It was nowhere near two feet long and was completely falling apart. My coordinator ended up hot gluing the flowers to the base to try to get them to stay and I ended up only using my bouquet for photos, but I refused to even hold it during my entrance, because, despite the hot glue, flowers were still falling out. Next, my kings table centerpieces, which were supposed to have the illusion of being one long centerpiece with flowers 360 degrees around the cylinder ended up coming to the venue as three big balls of flowers for each of the two tables and it looked horrible. She spent hours at the venue trying to fix it and I still didn't get what I had contracted for. This all comes after she was extraordinarily rude to my coordinator, going as far as to say that she couldn't wait until my wedding was over and how she didn't have to listen to my coordinator because she was 3 times her age. All vendors should note that age doesn't matter when you're doing your job incorrectly. She was instructed not to contact me the week of the wedding and to send everything through my coordinator, but the night before my wedding she started texting me while I was at the rehearsal dinner telling me that my centerpiece arrangements looked horrible and she wasn't going to include the dandrobium orchids on there and instead put them on the kings table centerpieces. She was right about them looking weird, so I told her to change it, but I'm not sure why in the world this was left to the night before the wedding when I know for a fact that she works on the centerpieces for days before the wedding. Let me tell you that I also paid for a lot more of those orchids than were on the kings table centerpieces. All in all, this was the worst experience of my wedding and certainly gave me a lot of anxiety in addition to it all being wayyyyy overpriced.

Sent on 10/23/2020