77 Reviews for Bliss by Sam Wedding and Occasion Planners

Budget Analysis (1)
To-Do Lists (1)
Referrals (1)
Destination (1)

Being an event planner myself, Type A, a perfectionist, I knew that I needed some help for month of coordination so that I could find the time to relax, enjoy the moments and enjoy getting married! I hired Bliss by Sam, and Sawyer was assigned to work with us. He blew me and my family away! His attention to detail, his humor, and the importance he set for the bride and groom to enjoy the day, but for our bridal party, family and friends to allow us to enjoy the day. I didn't have a worry in the world and valued his advise, opinions and shared plenty of laughs. He took over the vendor relationships, didn't allow any last minute frustrations get in the way and was a smiling face on the day of! He kept everyone on time and on track, we were even early, so it allowed us to enjoy more of those special moments.

I'm beyond thrilled with the service we received and would recommend Bliss by Sam to any and all future brides and their families! THANK YOU for making our day so special and so memorable.

Profile Picture Sheila, 6/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

The Bliss By Sam team did an excellent job planning my destination wedding at the Marriott Frenchman's Reef in St. Thomas USVI. Due to our hectic schedule, we chose to go with the full service package and this was the best decision we could have ever made. Bliss By Sam worked directly with the resort planning team to ensure that all of our request were met and questions answered, including staying within budget. Ken and I highly recommend that you have a destination planner stateside working in YOUR best interest. The resorts can be very difficult to work with when it comes to getting back with you in a timely manner, overcharging and not delivering what they promised/what you paid for. Bliss By Sam had all the basis covered!!

As far as ideas, details and the small touches...OMG, they were awesome!!! Our guest thoroughly enjoyed themselves and were excited about all of the little gifts they received throughout the wedding weekend. These are things we could have never thought of on our own (welcome bags, hangover kits, personalized pictures, and the list goes on and on). What a memorable experience!!

Our wedding was a complete success thanks to BIiss By Sam!!

Profile Picture Kennieth, 1/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Bliss by Sam Weddings is fantastic. The wedding event team, led by Rachel, did a stellar job. I would recommend this wedding event planning team without any hesitation. Professional, courteous, prompt and very friendly.

Profile Picture Margaret, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Hiring day-of wedding help was a relief. It meant that the only thing my husband and I had to do the day of our wedding is wake up and take care of ourselves. Someone else was making sure that our wedding party was getting prepped on time, that our vendors were arriving on schedule, and that the right guests were in the right vehicles and pictures. Leading up to our wedding, there were so many moments when I felt like I was the main person driving things forward and it was exhausting (even though my husband contributed a ton), but Sawyer and his team drove the wedding day, which made the day so much more enjoyable for me and my husband. I would highly recommend the Bliss team!

Profile Picture User6242036, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Religious

Sam and her team were awesome to work with. I think of her as an Alpha planner...she takes charge and gets things done. For example, when we needed to get the reception room shots, there were several guests already sitting and some staff members wandering around. A quick mention to Sam, and within 20 seconds the room was clear for us to get our shots. We like that kind of attention, it just makes the day go quicker and more smoothly. If you're having a wedding, you need a planner. And therefore you need Sam.

Profile Picture Bryan, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

My friends were calling me "the reluctant bride" due to the fact that I wasn't too jazzed about planning my wedding. That's when Sawyer and Bliss by Sam stepped into the picture. From my first meeting with Sawyer, I was so impressed with his organization, candor, and willingness to take on aspects of planning that were overwhelming me (creating agendas, contacting vendors, getting timelines out to wedding party). He had thought of every detail that needed to be considered, many of which would never have occurred to me. In addition, Bliss by Sam's online planning tool was excellent in keeping me on track with my to-do list and timeline. What really stood out was how things were executed the day of our wedding. Sawyer handled everything from keeping our photographers and wedding party on schedule, troubleshooting a snafu with the ceremony sound system, and even arranging a time for my groom and I to sneak out of dinner for a quick sunset photo shoot. I had zero worries the day of my wedding and my friends, family and I were able to fully enjoy the day. Thank you Sawyer and Bliss by Sam for making our wedding day such a stress-free and wonderful experience. I cannot recommend them highly enough. Trust me, brides - you want Bliss by Sam on your side for your big day!

Profile Picture Trista, 9/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Destination, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

Sam and Sawyer's efficient and stylistic approach could not have made our wedding day more seamless and perfect!!!! Even though our evening timeline was delayed nearly 50 minutes (weather and missing valet), the dynamic duo found a way to streamline our list of speeches and dances without a hitch. Our decor was not only set up exactly as we had hoped but also with fashionable finishes that we didn't even think of. Most couples complain that they couldn't fully enjoy their wedding day. We can honestly say that we were able to celebrate every ounce of it without a stress because of Bliss By Sam. They even packed everything up and put it in our room! We loved coming back to a decorated suite. :)

Do yourself a favor and hire this awesome team!

THANK YOU, SAM!!!!!!

Profile Picture Sammy, 8/20/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

To make sure both parties are good I would say make sure you have everything laid out to a point where it is easier to understand and comprehend. This will eliminate confusion and doubts about a few things for the wedding so that you and the planner are not running around scavenging for particular things.

Profile Picture User6364486, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, Referrals

I thought they were a great team and Sam's lady assistant sewed me in my dress minutes before the wedding due to my zipper breaking. It was quick thinking and everything worked out well. Definitely an excellent team!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Anna, 6/24/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

They provided excellent advice and were there when I needed them.

Profile Picture Nancy, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Religious, Ceremony, Reception

As a photographer, keeping your wedding day on time and stress free is important. It keeps everyone happy and makes for fantastic photos of love and joy on such a special day. I've worked with quite a few planners and to have a team that knows exactly what is happening and will take care of everything for you is priceless. Bliss By Sam definitely does that. Just this last weekend I worked with another planner who had no idea what was going on and I was missing Sawyer and Sam! Thanks for doing such a great job guys! Hope to see you again soon! - Dory L Tuohey Photography

Profile Picture Dory, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Sawyer was wonderful to work with. He is very organized and professional. I highly recommend him. The only reason i did not give all 5 stars is that the intern had some issues but Sam has told me that this has been handled.

Profile Picture Colleen, 10/17/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Ceremony, Reception

Wonderful team to work with! Sawyer was So responsive and easy to coordinate with.

Profile Picture kate, 7/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

If you are looking for a wedding planner that has meticulous attention to detail, take charge personality and wants your wedding day to be the best day of your life, look no further. We were hesitant to hire a wedding planner given we were over budget, but hiring Sawyer was the BEST decision we made for our wedding. Unlike most brides who are stressed out coordinating or managing their big day, we and our families were able to enjoy every moment with Sawyer as our wedding day coordinator. He outlined the entire day and the execution was flawless. We'd highly recommend Sawyer to anyone looking for an affordable, professional wedding planner that will relieve a great deal of stress during the big day. Because of Sawyer we were able to take in our special day and enjoy our guests, a memory we will never forget.

Profile Picture Steven, 7/24/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Sam was a pleasure to work with! Her energy and drive is beautiful
Very Organized and every last detail was perfect

Profile Picture Marco, 9/27/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Sam and her team are great. From the early planning stages right on through the end of the wedding Sam was on top of the timeline and flexible when needed. She kept us in the loop with changes and the wedding day flowed seamlessly because of her attention to detail. She also did it with a smile on her face and she was an absolute pleasure to work with. As a videographer, it is essential that we are aware of when things are happening and where so we can capture those special moments and Sam made it easy for us! I can't wait to work with her team again and would highly recommend her!!

Profile Picture Damien, 9/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Your company was very tenative to the bride/groom needs.

Profile Picture Curtesa, 9/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Samantha was very professional and extremely patient with the wedding party and guests. She helped turn a very stressful event into an enjoyable evening.

Profile Picture R. S., 9/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Working with Sam is always a pleasure. She is organized, professional and always in control of the
situation. She is calm and competent, has a warm personality and is quick to laugh and have fun while she is working. When I work with her, I know the event is going to go smoothly and my job as a caterer
and planner will be that much easier.

Profile Picture Marc, 9/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Sam was wonderful. She had a lot of great ideas and was very fun to work with.

Profile Picture Jeremy, 9/19/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Samantha and her staff were very professional. Immediate feedback/assistance as needed. Courtesy was extended to guest and wedding party. Thanks for making this occasion special for Brandy and Jeremy.

Profile Picture Freda, 9/19/14, 1 Review
4.7

I am very grateful to Sam and Danielle for their assistance with our North Carolina wedding. They made the process very smooth and easy so I could enjoy the day. Sam worked with us every step of the way and kept us on task. Our wedding was beautiful thanks to her recommendations and vendor relationships!

Profile Picture Brandy, 9/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I just have one word... WOW! As a makeup artist, I have worked with several wedding planners and not a single one has compared. Every detail down to the last flower petal was immaculately planned. The team gave 100% and it absolutely showed. If you want to have a zero-stress event, this is the team you want in your corner! I'm difficult to impress and I'm still raving. :-)

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Ann, 9/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Everything turned out lovely! You did a awesome job on my daughter Brandy''s wedding!

Profile Picture Linda, 9/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

LaShayla was wonderful to work with. As a member of the bridal party, I appreciated the detailed itinerary that she sent before the weekend. During the weekend, LaShayla made sure everything ran smoothly and according to schedule—not an easy feat with a bridal party of more than 15 people! It was also nice to see that she and the bride had become friends, and it made me feel like she was personally invested in the wedding going as well as possible.

Profile Picture Justina, 9/1/14, 1 Review