Bliss by Sam Wedding and Occasion Planners Reviews

77 | Chicago, IL

77 Reviews for Bliss by Sam Wedding and Occasion Planners

Chanelle · Married on 07/19/2014

As a member of the bridal party it is important for us to know where to be, when to be there, and overall keep the bride happy. The Bliss by Sam team did just that. They were very friendly and professional from start to finish.

Sent on 10/09/2014

Marketa · Married on 07/19/2014

Great service. Excellent professionalism. Kept the wedding day running smoothly. Very attentive to needs and great with problem solving. Would definitely hire for a future event.

Sent on 10/09/2014

Evangeline · Married on 07/19/2014

Hello Sam,

Thank you so much for blessing me on Crystal and Marieno's wedding day. I was so relaxed and really able to have fun and not have to worry about anything. Yes, I would love to do the reception all over again. LOL Oh, I had a blast!!! You and LaShayla were excellent and even went above and beyond in delivering all of those gifts in the rain. BBS, you touched my heart! You are the greatest!

Evangeline Norfleet, Mother of the Bride

Sent on 10/16/2014

Bliss by Sam Wedding and Occasion Planners's reply:

Thanks Mrs. Norfleet! LaShayla and I loved being with you all. You definitely win the award for Most Flawless Mother of The Bride in BBS history! Love you!
  • User4491930 · 2+ years ago

Sam and the Bliss by Sam staff did an awesome job. They were extremely professional and were willing to help with any and everything.

Sent on 10/21/2014

Crystal · Married on 04/26/2014

Our Bliss By Sam Consultant, LaShayla was absolutely amazing. She made it possible for me (the Mother of the Bride) to enjoy the day with my only daughter. She went above and beyond to make sure my daughters day was perfect, and it was! I would recommend Bliss By Sam to anyone who is planning a wedding, they will make sure your big day is perfect!

Sent on 05/20/2014

Tammy · Married on 03/15/2014

Lashayla was amazing, in my opinion. Whatever the bride and groom (my brother) needed, she made sure that they received it. She kept a smile through all of my (bridesmaid) nervousness. Thank you for everything, Shay! ♡♡♡♡

Sent on 10/11/2014

Ronda · Married on 03/15/2014

LaShayla was extremely helpful and very professional. Whenever an issue arose, she maintained her cool, helped to keep the bride calm, and addressed the issue.

Sent on 10/11/2014

Tom · Married on 02/28/2014

Working with Sam Dockery at BBS was great! Everything the day of was previously planned out and emailed to all of the vendors in an organized manner. Not only that but we had a meeting to go over final details and make sure everyone was on the same page and that the client was happy with every last detail. I hope to work more with BBS, thank for everything!

Sent on 10/10/2014

Katy · Married on 10/27/2013

We worked with Samantha at Bliss by Sam as the stationer for one of her weddings in Chicago in October 2013. She is a really fun person to work with and she truly has planning down to an art. She came to us with a cool theme and we immediately got excited about designing the look for the invites, day of, and thank you's. She's professional, creative, and in-the-know on the hottest stuff. She knows how to elevate trends to a new level that still speaks to the couple. I'd highly recommend her for any couple who is looking for support, creative ideas & solutions, organization, and a good time.

Sent on 10/10/2014

Calvin · Married on 08/17/2013

Wonderful job on our wedding. Provided a complete itemized budget expectation, and found competent vendors to satisfy it. Provided fully detailed task calendar, and kept us on schedule for it. Always gracious, punctual and on top of things. Always reachable.

Sent on 08/26/2013

Diane · Married on 11/30/2012

Everything was beautiful from start to finish. A photographer's dream. Well executed and planned and fabulous to work with throughout! I highly recommend.

Sent on 10/16/2014

Sarah and Rachel were so helpful at the rehersal and on the day of the wedding. I was able to really relax and enjoy my daughter's wedding as I knew they were there and had everything under control. It was such a great relief and was well worth the money spent. Sarah stepped right in and really understood our vision for the wedding. She was prompt to respond to questions and was flexible when it came to the timeline. Both of these young ladies are gems and I would strongly recommend them to any mother of the bride who truely wants to enjoy their daughter's wedding.

Sent on 11/08/2012
  • Claudia

Claudia · Married on 10/06/2012

WOW! He Bliss team is AMAZING!!! There just aren't enough words that can express how great it was working with the entire Bliss team. They made my special day so easy and allowed me to hang with my family and friends and not worry about a single detail. If you want to enjoy your day and not worry about a thing, start with Bliss!

Sent on 10/18/2012

Jill · Married on 09/22/2012

We worked with LaShayla and Rachel for "weekend of" services. They were great to work with and very professional! It saved us a lot of time and stress during our wedding weekend. One of the best decisions that we made!

Sent on 12/12/2012

Tanita · Married on 08/12/2012

From the very beginning, when I was interviewing potential wedding coordinator candidates, Bliss by Sam stood out above the rest because of their level of professionalism. And this was upheld throughout the entire process of planning our destination wedding. Rachel Hamm was extremely knowledgeable, flexible, responsive, pleasant and personable. She made me feel at ease through every step and we didn't have to worry about a thing on the day of. She and her team took care of everything and all we had to do was enjoy ourselves! I strongly recommend securing the Bliss by Sam team for your upcoming wedding.You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 01/19/2013

Jordan · Married on 06/30/2012

Bliss by Sam was fantastic through the entire wedding planning process and proved to be invaluable in terms of coordination of vendors, guests and random tasks on the day of the event. Our wedding went off with without a hitch and I would most certainly use them again / recommend to friends looking to make this extremely stressful process much simpler.

Sent on 07/25/2012

Sarah · Married on 05/19/2012

Samantha was awesome!! I cannot thank her and her team enough for making our wedding flawless. She was professional, friendly and got the job done! If I was planning the wedding all over again, I would not hesitate to call BBS. The day of the wedding, I didn't have to worry about a thing happening or making sure it was done correctly. And isn't that why you hire a wedding planner? THANK YOU SAM!!! :)

Sent on 06/19/2012

It was so helpful to have Bliss by Sam help plan my Duke Chapel wedding this past March. I was going through a particularly stressful year, and had no experience planning weddings. Bliss by Sam helped fill in the gaps and helped me locate vendors such as my florist, who was a big success. I had a "Partial Planning Package" and regret not hiring a wedding planner earlier in the process, before I had picked out so many of the vendors. Samantha and several Bliss by Sam representatives showed up to help with all the details the weekend of the wedding. When I started to get stressed out about a detail early in the day, Samantha took it over from me so I did not have to think about it again. And from then on, I did not have any worries on my wedding day. I highly recommend hiring a wedding planner for anyone planning a wedding, especially if you do not know much about weddings.

Sent on 08/28/2012

Danielle · Married on 06/25/2011

Rachel with Bliss By Sam was an absolute pleasure to work with. She came to our (and particularly my) rescue one month into the wedding and made sure that everything was lined up and in place for our big day. Rachel was always an email away and offered much needed advice and responses to the many questions that I had regarding the wedding. She was also very innovative as she came up with a few unique ideas (i.e. bridal party processional) during the ceremony planning phase. My fiance' and I highly recommend Rachel and Bliss by Sam. Our friends and family were also very pleased with the job that Rachel did. We couldn't have done it without her and I wouldn't have been able to enjoy the day without her and her assistants. Thanks so much Rachel!

Sent on 07/03/2011

Melissa · Married on 06/11/2011

They were amazing! I had a rowdy bunch to deal with and they were so professional and kept everything perfectly organized and on time. AMAZING! I could not have had such an amazing wedding without them.

Sent on 06/20/2011

Liz · Married on 05/28/2011

Bliss By Sam in general, and Rachel Hamm in particular were wonderful! They did such a great job on our wedding ceremony coordinating. We would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding coordinator. We were able to fully enjoy our wedding day, because we knew that Bliss By Sam were there to help us with everything!

Sent on 06/11/2011

Jordan · Married on 05/21/2011

Rachel and LaShayla did a wonderful job in ensuring that our wedding ceremony ran smoothly! I am very impressed with Rachel's professionalism and attention to detail. The ceremony was perfect! We are very happy that we chose Bliss By Sam for our special day.

Sent on 06/01/2011

Gabrielle · Married on 04/30/2011

The Lavender package from Bliss By Sam is just perfect for the bride that has done all of the work in arranging her own wedding but needs assistance in the last moments to keep it all together. What bride wants to have to run around confirming that the florist arrived on time and that the wedding procession is lined up correctly? Also, it allows you and your wedding party to be able to enjoy each others' company in the days and minutes leading up to the ceremony, rather than employing your stressed our MOH or mother to be key coordinator.

Rachel from Bliss By Sam is very organized and professional. She did a great job in following up with all of my vendors and making sure everything went smoothly for the rehearsal and the ceremony up through the beginning of the reception. Bliss By Sam also had another person there, LaShayla, to assist. I was grateful for her help and she did a wonderful job too. (The Lavender package does not include reception coordination.)

The cost for this package is definitely worth it! For piece of mind, lowered stress levels, and ultimately a successful event -- worth every penny!

Sent on 05/15/2011

Kelly · Married on 04/30/2011

Sam & Sarah and everyone we met associated with Bliss By Sam were wonderful! They always got back to us quickly and really took so much pressure off of us. Their input with our wedding ceremony was so helpful. The coordinating on the day of our wedding was priceless. There was not a thing I woudl have changed, and I didn't worry about a thing that day.

I think that my final moments with them tell you how I feel about working with Sam and Sarah. When they came up to say goodbye well in to our reception, long after all of the obligatory wedding-ness of the night I hugged them and had that "Oh man... you're leaving?" feeling like my friend were leaving before the party was over! It was truly a pleasure to work with them, from the moment we had our initial meeting through to the end.

Sent on 06/15/2011

Denise · Married on 04/16/2011

Rachel with Bliss by Sam was absolutely awesome in helping make my daughter's wedding so special. She was genuine in her concern for our preferences and very organized in her planning and event coordination. Very professional at all levels!

Sent on 04/20/2011