Blakemore's Flowers Reviews

11 | Harrisonburg, VA

11 Reviews for Blakemore's Flowers

11 Blakemore's Flowers Reviews

Sam · Married on 08/17/2018

We chose Blakemore's Flowers on a recommendation from our wedding planner and we are so glad we did. The moment I met Abi I knew she would be great. I know nothing about flowers... so when I walked in with a lack of a vision, Abi gave me suggestions and suddenly I fell in love with the idea of flowers everythwere! She took one look at my color scheme and pulled a few fresh flowers out and made a mini arrangement that I absolutely loved. Abi is the kind of person that really loves what she does, she gets so excited making your vision (or lack of vision) come to life. The initial quote was more than we wanted to spend, but we were able to scale back on some things and Abi worked with us to cut costs on things like the bowls the centerpieces were in (you couldn't even see them anyway, why spend a fortune?). When I arrived to the venue on the wedding day and saw the bouquets, centerpieces, and other arrangments my jaw dropped. They were absolutely gorgeous and more beautiful that I had imagined. All the bridesmaid bouquets were slightly different and were not cookie cutter at all. She used the gorgeous light purple/gray rose that was so beautiful, guests were pointing it out in my bouquet saying how beautiful it was. Flowers were something I found daunting in the beginning of wedding planning, but after talking with Abi it became one of the details I was most looking forward to.

Blakemore's Flowers 1
    Blakemore's Flowers 2
    Blakemore's Flowers 3
    Blakemore's Flowers 4

Jennifer · Married on 04/29/2017

I am NOT a girl who usually gushes over flowers, but I am STILL fawning over the flowers Abby and her team put together for our wedding weeks later. I believe this is because Abby took time to understand what I liked and wanted, and is just supremely talented. She sent a detailed look guide and from just a few pictures and our conversation, made the vision far better in reality. She and her team put together flowers that on one of the busiest days of my life, with a ton of friends and family to visit and my new husband to fawn over, this girl who doesn’t love flowers spent a LOT of time staring at them.

Joni · Married on 10/29/2016

Blakemore's was one of our favorite vendors that we worked with for our wedding. Abby is phenomenal at what she does. We had a phone call with Abby months before our wedding to go over what we wanted and our budget. Abby did such a great job of sticking to our budget but also providing beautiful bouquets/boutonnieres that were exactly as we envisioned. We received so many compliments on our flowers. I would recommend Abby and Blakemore's to anyone planning a wedding or event.

Kristen · Married on 05/28/2016

Blakemore's Flowers recently created the floral arrangements and bouquets for my spring outdoor wedding. They also designed the table decor for the indoor dining area. I was so pleased with the wonderful, creative vision that they had and the way they executed it beautifully. Blakemore's Flowers is top notch and I would highly recommend working with this fun, creative, and friendly staff!

Anna · Married on 04/12/2014

I can't say enough good things about Blakemore's Flowers and, specifically Abby Long's talent and service. The flowers were beautiful and within my budget. Also, Abby may have been my only vendor to whom I gave a bit of creative freedom; I only gave her my color scheme and used words like "natural," "rustic," and "whimsical" to explain the style I wanted. Nine months later, I had the wedding flowers that I thought I'd only have in my dreams. I'd like to do a service to those who are buying flowers in the valley and tell them to stay away from the Artistic Florist. Before finding Blakemore's Flowers, I called the Artistic Florist and was turned off by the arrogance of the woman who answered the phone. She was easily the worst part of my wedding-planning process. Anyway, I'd like to end on a positive note; I wholeheartedly recommend Blakemore's Flowers.

Megan · Married on 04/20/2013

Abby at Blakemore's Flowers is AWESOME! We were only able to communicate via phone and e-mail since I do not live in the Harrisonburg area and my flowers turned out beautiful and exactly what I had pictured! She also took into consideration our budget limitations and made great suggestions to help us have beautiful flowers at a good price. Also, I ordered a stem of flowers for my hair and turned added wire to the end to help them stay in my hair without us asking. My hair stylist was VERY impressed and said she had never seen that before. I would definitely recommend Blakemore's for your flower needs!

Melissa · Married on 09/09/2012

Abbey was wuch a great listener about what I wanted. She had artistic suggestions and suggested flowers no one else had. Her costs were lower than anyone else, too. She was everything I wanted and all the flowers and arrangements turned out classic and sophisticated but simple and elegant and were a perfect accent in every picture. She delivered everything early all the way to Keswick for me, too. Everyone said how beautiful the flowers were. I would recommend Blakemore's and Abbey to anyone. They deliver flowers at my job for customers and every arrangement I've seen is gorgeous!

• Courtney

Courtney · Married on 10/01/2016

Abby is a flower wizard. She did such an amazing job creating, designing and setting up all of the flower and greenery arrangements at our wedding, I am still in awe of it all. She created exactly what I was envisioning and went above and beyond my expectations. She also stuck around until well after my ceremony to help transition pieces from the ceremony field to the lodge where our reception took place. During our consultation, I had a hard time trying to explain the look I was trying to achieve but she understood me right away and took suggestions from pinterest photos I had pinned and her prior experiences and workshops and helped me make my vision clear. Prior to meeting with her, I had no idea what to do with my centerpieces or favors, but she helped me not only decide on both but it worked out that we ended up saving money with what we did and we were able to double part of the centerpieces as favors, which were a big hit. She also worked with my budget and was on point with what I was willing to pay. Her shop is located in Harrisonburg but she traveled to Charlottesville for our wedding. I would highly recommend her! Especially if you want someone who is able to achieve the latest and greatest wedding looks.

• Elyssa

Elyssa · Married on 09/05/2015

Abby was amazing to work with and very flexible with our budget. We skimped on the flowers to save money and it didn't even look like it! Abby helped us choose the right flowers to where we would get more "bang for our buck" and it was absolutely beautiful.

Laurel · Married on 06/21/2014

3.5

I used Blakemore's flowers for my wedding and was pleased with the experience. Abby offered advice of flowers and color schemes, but ultimately left the decisions up to me. I brought in some pictures of bouquets I liked off of pinterest and she worked with me to create a similar style. She was willing to provide flowers for the reception and allowed us to do the set up ourselves. All the flowers were great quality and fairly priced. The only issue I had with this florist is that email exchanges did take longer than expected and were slow in response (it took almost a month to get a quote, granted this was during late April to early May so Mother's day was probably very busy for them).
    Overall it was a very positive experience and I would highly recommend them for a wedding or any floral arrangement.

Charley · Married on 05/19/2018

2.5

Abby is an amazing artist! She took my vision and made it better. I was so impressed and in love with our flowers! I'm asking my photographer for more photos of our flowers because they were all so beautiful and I didn't have time to appreciate them all like I wish I could have. I just wanted to run around staring at our flowers. I asked for an eclectic mix of flowers and vases for our centerpieces. Abby created the most beautiful arrangements - more beautiful than I could have imagined! I'm so glad we went with Blakemore! My only complaint is their responsiveness. It sometimes took a long time to hear back from them.