Blackstone Rivers Ranch Reviews

27 Reviews for Blackstone Rivers Ranch

27 Blackstone Rivers Ranch Reviews

Emily · Married on 09/20/2018

Easy Decision

My husband and I had scheduled tours of several wedding venues, our first being Blackstone. We left Blackstone grinning from ear to ear as we said in unison, "We found it!" We did the obligatory tours elsewhere, but there was never a question of where we would choose. Our family from the world over descended upon Idaho Springs, CO and every single guest has continued to talk about how amazing Blackstone was. Thank you, Blackstone, for setting the stage for our beautiful wedding. We would choose you each time

Sent on 11/01/2018

Blackstone Rivers Ranch's reply:

E + R, if all of our couples could be like you, we REALLY would not be mad. Sooo... maybe you should throw a party here every year? Thank you for choosing us, in all honesty. Your wedding was a dream. XOXO.

The Bowlers · Married on 09/19/2018

Our perfect weding

We fell in love with this venue immediately. It was the first and last place we looked! Our petite wedding in the fall was lovely and the BRR team was accommodating, attentive and fantastic to work with. We loved the Claimjumper cabin and woke to the sounds of the river on our first morning of married life. We wouldn’t change a thing!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Blackstone Rivers Ranch's reply:

M + A, the most meant-to-be couple of the season! We are blessed to know you two and THANK YOU for your sweet words. We love that you wouldn't change a thing! Love from all of us at Blackstone Rivers Ranch

Maddie · Married on 07/27/2018

Blackstone Rivers Ranch was the perfect venue for our wedding! The dedication the entire staff puts into the venue and the client’s whole wedding experience is absolutely amazing. We felt taken care of from start to finish, and we couldn’t have asked for a better team to work with. We highly recommend Blackstone Rivers Ranch! One of the most beautiful mountain venues with the best staff!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Blackstone Rivers Ranch's reply:

M+R, your love for each other was remarkable to witness. And your cactus centerpieces were the cutest favors ever!!! Thank you SOO much for choosing to get married with us at Blackstone Rivers Ranch, we always want couples to feel taken care of on their most important day! Love and hugs to you two <3

Bonnie · Married on 07/20/2018

This venue is a dream. We were looking for a venue with a mountain feel that would still be easy for my grandmother and out of town guests to get to. As soon as I saw Blackstone Rivers Ranch I knew it was perfect. It is in the forest near Mt. Evans with a gorgeous creek running right through it, but only 40 minutes from Denver. The team there is also wonderful. They made the entire experience easy and seamless from beginning to end. We were invited for a fun wine tasting prior to the wedding so we got to sample all of the wonderful wines available for the wedding. They have a liquor license so they must provide the alcohol, but they do not skimp here. They obviously take their time sourcing wonderful wines from other family owned and operated businesses. We were thrilled with our selections. I was blown away by how beautiful it was on the day of our wedding. The grounds are perfectly maintained and the tent/tables/chairs are gorgeous and far beyond anything I saw when touring other venues. All of my guests commented about how gorgeous it was and wondered how I found it. Thank you for a perfect evening Blackstone Rivers Ranch!! The only thing we are sad about is that it is over!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Blackstone Rivers Ranch's reply:

Bonnie and Gareth, you two have the kindest souls. B, your dress topped all other dresses known to man... we're still dreaming about it!!! Your wedding ceremony was EPIC and your friends and family were a joy to host. THANK YOU for choosing us... Come back soon?!

Amber · Married on 07/12/2018

My husband and I were recently married at BRR and It was all we could have imagined and more! We fell in love with this venue from the very first moment we saw it online, then to see it in person just blew us away! The staff at BRR were also amazing to work with. They are all so friendly and helpful. And Communication was flawless the entire time! I can’t recommend them enough!! Thank you BlackStone Rivers Ranch for hosting our dream wedding!

Sent on 07/25/2018
    Blackstone Rivers Ranch 1

Blackstone Rivers Ranch's reply:

Amber, you and G were AMAZING to work with. One of our most laid back couples, you weren't phased by anything. We appreciated your flexibility, your calm nature, and your BEAUTY! Your wedding day was stunning. The love you and G have is something special. We hope you are LOVING married life!

Erin · Married on 06/02/2018

Beautiful, intimate, and unique venue close to Denver but still able to give the mountainous feel we wanted for our wedding and out of town guests. The lodge with separate get-ready suites was a dream and all of our family/wedding party enjoyed themselves prior to the ceremony. This is definitely one of the most expensive venues we looked at, but the site is worth it. Keep in mind, you will also have to purchase alcohol through the venue and hire someone to serve it. The venue staff were extremely professional and responsive, always sending messages or reminders through the planning pod site. We were also provided with a wine tasting about one month before our wedding, where we were able to sample nearly 19 wines and decide on which ones we’d like included on our wedding day —- pretty awesome! The history of the site and the sheer amount of work the owners have put into the property is evident. It’s truly beautiful and we’re so happy we chose to get married here.

Sent on 06/25/2018

Blackstone Rivers Ranch's reply:

Ooooooo what a great way to describe the vibe of our space, Erin! Thank you for being so genuine and kind throughout the process! You were such a joyful and relaxed bride! We hope life is treating you soooo well!!!! Xo!

Teresa · Married on 05/27/2018

I visited Blackstone Rivers Ranch for the first time in June of 2017. In search for a reasonably priced, rustic mountain venue. From the moment I walked across the bridge and entered the venue I was completely enchanted. Rachel, the owner met me and as we walked around the site I knew this was where I wanted to exchange my vows. The Betz's are young entrepreneurs with a compelling vision and I believe they will be a large part of the revitalization of Idaho Springs. Their staff was completely professional, accommodating, and extremely organized — true experts of the trade.
    I would highly recommend Blackstone to anyone looking for a classic, elegant and enriched mountain wedding experience.

Sent on 07/17/2018
    Blackstone Rivers Ranch 2
    Blackstone Rivers Ranch 3

Blackstone Rivers Ranch's reply:

Teresa, From the day we met you, your spirit and excitement was absolutely contagious! We loved being a part of your DREAM wedding day! Thank you for all of the fun, excitement, and LOVE you brought to the ranch. Your kind words will carry us forward for years to come. Best, All of us here at Blackstone Rivers Ranch
  • Tayborlee

Tayborlee · Married on 05/19/2018

We have been AMAZED by the services provided by the employees of the venue. I checked out the venue with my maid of honor and soon to be step son first and fell in love right away. We were greeted by one of the owners and then Cheryl came outside to greet us as we were getting out of the car. Cheryl has been my main point of contact so far and she's been on top of everything! I get responses immediately and all of my questions are answered in full. I visited the venue again two days later with my fiance and he absolutely fell in love as well. Needless to say, we cancelled the rest of our scheduled tours and began booking Blackstone Rivers Ranch. One of the steps is to sign into an event planner type thing and I LOVE IT!!!! I will recommend this venue time and time again. I love how it's open for you to customize everything to the way you want it and the fact they have their liquor license is a HUGE plus. The views are breath-taking and the service is beyond outstanding. We look forward to having our big day here :)!!

Sent on 04/18/2017

Blackstone Rivers Ranch's reply:

Tayborlee, we have really appreciated your responsiveness in all communication as well as your eagerness to get married at Blackstone! Any time you have a question or are confused about something, you have a positive attitude and seek out the answer. You have been a joy to work with and we cannot wait for your wedding. Thank you for the kind review!!!

Alli · Married on 05/05/2018

We had our wedding at BRR about a month ago and it was perfect! It was the most beautiful place to invite all of our out of town friends and family for our wedding, and our guests could not stop commenting on how great it was. I love the table and chairs they provided and that they have the option to rent place settings and glassware, that was so convenient. We booked about a year in advance and Cheryl and Nadine always responded quickly and were such a great help throughout the whole process. This was the best decision we made for our big day and we will always cherish this place.

Sent on 06/11/2018

Blackstone Rivers Ranch's reply:

Alli, you were such an easy bride to work with! You made the wedding planning process seem effortless! Thank you for your kind words. Your friends and family were a pleasure to host and we hope marriage has been AMAZING!!!

Kim · Married on 10/28/2017

I'm still in dreamland thinking about my mountain wedding at Blackstone Rivers Ranch. Currently residing in Australia, my husband and I wanted to go back to our roots and have a beautiful mountain wedding. I was back in the states over Memorial Day and Blackstone was the only venue I had a chance to see in person. Honestly, it was all I needed. We booked them shortly thereafter for a wedding in 5 months. Given the timezone difference and correspondence coming in at weird hours, nothing slipped through the cracks. Cheryl and Nadine were so wonderful to work with. They answered all my questions and even made a few requests happen for me that I truly appreciate.

I was hoping there would be a lovely dusting of snow on the grounds on my wedding day and I got my wish. It was such a treat to be able to share such a beautiful place with our out of town guests. Mother nature put on a show for us at the end of October, and Blackstone, took care of the rest.

I highly suggest booking the Claim Jumper Cabin if it is available during your wedding weekend. It is the most adorable, peaceful place to stay. We were welcomed with a bottle of wine, we built a fire and it was so magical. I really cannot recommend this venue more. They provide luxe, but subtle, details and let the surroundings, creek, and immaculate grounds do the rest. I am thankful for everything they did to help me get down the aisle and everything they did behind the scenes day-of. Thank you heaps!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Blackstone Rivers Ranch's reply:

Our hilariously cool Aussie couple! What a GREAT way to end our 2017 season!!! We were so pleased with you and your guests - not one detail was missed. If we could have 1,000 more brides just like you, we'd be in heaven! We wish you two the very best :) xo

Lia · Married on 09/22/2017

This venue is absolutely dreamy--and we knew it and felt it the moment we stepped onsite. The same feeling extended to our guests, which was our goal for our big day. There are so many great things I can say about the place, the owners, and the staff--they were thorough in answering our questions, worked with us on an alcohol package, were timely in their responses, and helpful when we needed extra accommodations (like certain aisle configuration/seating and a fun traditional ceremony we incorporated that required some supplies from Zuri, one of the owners). We also enjoyed the fact that they are licensed as a concert venue so we could celebrate into the night. The setting is just magical--the river, the trees, the moss, the tent, the lodge--it's all top notch and I half-jokingly told everyone that day that the whole reason we chose that venue was for the wallpaper in the bridal suite (it was just one of the many reasons). We shopped around, probably to 50 venues in total, weighing all the pros/cons. Spare yourself the hassle: It's worth the money to book here. We would book here again and again--and look forward to seeing them grow and develop (and revisiting on our anniversaries to come). Thanks Blackstone Rivers Ranch!

Sent on 11/28/2017
    Blackstone Rivers Ranch 4
    Blackstone Rivers Ranch 5
    Blackstone Rivers Ranch 6
    Blackstone Rivers Ranch 7
    Blackstone Rivers Ranch 8
    Blackstone Rivers Ranch 9

Blackstone Rivers Ranch's reply:

LIA, our beauuuutiful red-headed bride. You and T were one of the most down-to-earth couples we have ever had at the ranch. Thank you for your kind words! You are such a positive person and we wish you two all the best in your new marriage. MUCH love from the BRR crew!

Deena · Married on 09/17/2017

Blackstone Rivers Ranch was the perfect place for our wedding! The scenery was breathtaking and the style of the suites and the lodge were exactly what we wanted. Working with the BRR staff was so easy and they helped us every step of the way. I could not have asked for a more wonderful venue for our boho mountain wedding!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Blackstone Rivers Ranch's reply:

Our beautiful Bohemian bride.... we LOVED your day... and your WEDDING DRESS. Oh my goodness! The most beautiful we've seen. We wish you two the best in the years to come <3

Meghan · Married on 07/08/2017

This venue is absolutely incredible. Our wedding is next summer but so far, the service, communication, and everything has been superb. Rachel and her team are rockstars and have so much passion for what they're doing. We cannot wait!

Annalisa · Married on 07/02/2017

Breathtaking location and top quality service. The staff at Blackstone Rivers Ranch is attentive and approachable. They were willing and able to answer any and all questions and went above and beyond to make sure our special day went off without a hitch. They thought of everything that we would never have thought of on our own and made the day one to remember. Their efforts on the day of event made it possible for us to relax and enjoy our time celebrating. Every guest we have spoken to since the party has raved about how beautiful the location was and how relaxed the whole event felt. We highly recommend Blackstone Rivers Ranch! You won't regret it.

Sent on 09/10/2017

Blackstone Rivers Ranch's reply:

Annalisa, we cannot say enough nice things about you and Andrew. You two were always easy to be around - never stressed out. Your down to earth wedding was a BLAST and it could be seen on every guests' face. Your lawn games were a hit, what a great idea!

Eddy · Married on 06/17/2017

Blackstone is such an amazing venue! When we first visited the site was under construction and covered in about 3 inches of snow and we still knew then that it would be amazing and I'm glad we trusted our instincts! The staff was easy to work with and planning was easy. They accommodated a custom beer listed curated to our craft beer taste!

The site is obviously gorgeous but we especially liked the history that is in every detail, right down to the pick-axe handles on the doors which are from the original mining claim. Great place to get married and will make the day extremely special!!

Sent on 07/06/2017

Blackstone Rivers Ranch's reply:

Eddy, we are always amazed when couples book while touring in "3 inches of snow" :) Thank you for trusting us to have your most incredible day here. We LOVED the vision you and Maria had. Your hand-made centerpieces are still a staff favorite around here!

Rachel · Married on 10/01/2016

We first visited Blackstone Rivers Ranch while construction was still underway. Huge machinery and dirt patches abounded, but my (now) husband and I immediately recognized the vision of Rachel and Zuri as something that fit both our style and personalities. We immediately fell in love. On the actual big day of our wedding, BRR couldn’t have been lovelier, and I found myself literally skipping down the trail from the Claim Jumper Cabin, where we had stayed the night before. From my perspective as bride, everything was smooth sailing with love and rainbows all around. Of course that just speaks to the professionalism of the team as anyone who has been involved with a wedding of 130+ guests knows that there’s no such thing as perfect “smooth sailing”! But the grounds were exquisite, the ceremony was simply stunning (my family and in-laws are STILL talking about it!), the backdrop of yellowing aspen trees couldn’t have been more perfect, the ambiance during cocktail hour creek-side was charming, and everything ran like clockwork (at least it did from MY perspective!). The wedding party raved over the bride and groom suites, and many of our male guests loved sneaking away from the cacophony of the tent to the Glory Hole where they enjoyed watching some sports highlights in peace. My husband and I ended our magical day by retiring to the Claim Jumper Cabin for a second night, and the ease of just walking hand-in-hand up the trail to our honeymoon suite was truly worth every penny. We loved working with Rachel and Jenn, and we can’t wait to find another excuse to return to Blackstone Rivers Ranch in the future. Thank you so much! Rachel and Troy Medina

Sent on 10/17/2016

Blackstone Rivers Ranch's reply:

Rachel & Troy, you two are such a stunning pair! We loved all your DIY details, and Rachel we all fell in love w/ your stunning red tresses. Our 1st red-haired princess ever. Wishing years of love..................................

Brian · Married on 09/24/2016

When thinking of our wedding last night in "Claim Jumper Cabin", the words that come to mind are; magical, elegant, chic, well appointed, and sensational. As a man who has a tight hold on his checkbook...I have to say that no greater value in life or leisure has ever been afforded to me than the Blackstone Rivers Ranch wedding venue. We loved every second of our time on property, and appreciate all the wonderful people who made our stay magical! ~~ Update 2 weeks later ~~ Both of our families have spent the last two weeks gushing about how incredible they felt the wedding and venue were...we couldn't be more thankful that we booked Blackstone Rivers Ranch to celebrate our love and bring our families closer together!!

Sent on 10/07/2016

Blackstone Rivers Ranch's reply:

Mr. Brian, we will treasure you and your wily ways forever here at the ranch! It is always hard to balance the budget and the dream day, but we think you, the Mrs., and we here at BRR did quite a fine job. Thank you for choosing us! ;)

Debrah · Married on 09/17/2016

My husband and I came and saw the venue before it was even close to being completed. Rachel had such a clear and inspiring vision for it that we immediately knew it would be perfect for us. What they did with the property far exceeded our expectations! It is absolutely perfect and insanely beautiful! The team is extremely responsive, helpful, professional, and patient . I highly recommend Blackstone Rives Ranch to any couple looking far a rustic, classy, and whimsical outdoor wedding. We had the best day of our lives there!

Lindsey · Married on 09/04/2016

If you are looking for a gorgeous mountain retreat under an hour from Denver with elegant finishes, Blackstone Rivers Ranch is IT! From the moment we met Rachel and saw the beauty of the Ranch, we were in love. This venue is captivating! The natural beauty of Colorado surrounds you and Rachel and Zuri have carefully selected every detail and finish from the gorgeous sailcloth tent, to the elegant rustic exterior with lavishly appointed interior of the lodge, to the dreamy fairy lights in the wooded cocktail hour location. They have truly thought of everything! Our vendors were even blown away by the beauty of the Ranch and our guests are still gushing over how amazing it is! Our package included a photo booth in a darling original wood shack with paned window and a door, located next to the wooden covered bridge that overlooks the river (swoon!). The bridal suite and grooms rooms are beautifully appointed and spacious, each with a private deck and plenty of room for getting ready with your bridal party and well stocked with snacks and cocktails of your choice on the big day. Rachel and Jen brought my vision to life and absolutely exceeded our expectations. They are incredibly professional, responsive, have a true passion for what they do, and deliver exceptional results. Working with them made things SO easy for us. Jen assisted in coordinating all of our vendors and suggested a floor plan beforehand which took so much pressure off of us in those very busy weeks before the big day. Choosing Blackstone Rivers Ranch made everything run seamlessly and we couldn't be more pleased with how our wedding turned out. I cannot recommend Blackstone Rivers Ranch highly enough. Rachel and Zuri were truly delightful, we can't wait to come back to the Claim Jumper cabin year after year to celebrate our anniversary. Book BRR as your wedding venue, you will be so glad you did!

Seth & Laura · Married on 09/03/2016

We are so incredibly fortunate to have connected with Rachel and Zuri at Blackstone Rivers Ranch. From our very first meeting, they were easy to work with, and it was clear that they were eager and excited to help us carry out our vision for our wedding day. Their vision totally aligned with ours, and it was effortless to work together.
    One thing we really valued about the Blackstone experience was the flexible time frames offered. Rather than boxing us into a pre-packaged timeline like most other venues, they allowed us to schedule the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception at times of our choosing. The Ranch has unique subsections across its grounds (rustic building with bridal suite and groom’s lounge, woodsy ceremony site, creekside cocktail hour, reception under the sailcloth tent), so holding the entire event there felt intimate yet spacious with 100 guests. The package we chose included unique perks such as a photo booth, a wooden envelope box, food and drinks of our choosing in the bridal suite and groom’s lounge, an overnight stay in a rustic honeymoon suite cabin, and homemade breakfast delivered in the morning. The space and grounds were also so stunning that the only decorations we needed to provide were centerpieces and a little décor for the sweetheart table.
    Jenn, the venue coordinator, was very responsive and easy to communicate with throughout the entire planning process, up to and through the reception. She was always pleasant and handled all requests with grace and an easy-going demeanor.
    On our wedding day, the entire Blackstone staff worked tirelessly to ensure everything went smoothly and that we were happy at all times. It was a long day for the staff, but everyone seemed excited for us and pleased to help create our unique celebration.
    Overall, Blackstone is a magical place destined to become one of the area's premiere wedding venues. We'd recommend it to anyone seeking a serene, stunning, rustic but elegant setting for their big day!

Sent on 09/11/2016

Blackstone Rivers Ranch's reply:

Dear Seth & Laura - to date, we have not hosted a more audaciously sweet couple. Your authentic nature, love for each other and overall radiance will always be treasured at the ranch! *hugs*

Phil & Diane · Married on 09/03/2016

Our daughter had the wedding of her dreams at Blackstone Rivers Ranch!
    Everything about Blackstone Rivers Ranch is magnificent, natural, and down to earth. Rachel and Zuri have created a venue that is in perfect sync with the surrounding landscape, fulfilling the vision that our daughter and son-in-law had for their special day.
    Many of the wedding guests traveled from New York and the mid-west, and all were amazed by the enchanting setting at Blackstone Rivers Ranch. The babbling brook, aspen trees and scenic backdrops provide a rustic beauty to the landscape and design at BRR, which is enhanced by many unique handmade touches throughout the venue, such as seats that Zuri carved by from tree trunks, which we sat on for the wedding ceremony, and the bar also carved from trees. The fire pit at night was an added bonus to the festivities.
    Being from out of state, we had to do much of the wedding planning from long distance, but Rachel was personally involved to assist us and provide updates throughout the process, and on the day of the wedding Rachel was on-site from the moment we arrived until the guests departed and the bride and groom retired for the evening to the honeymoon suite at BRR. The entire staff at BRR was very attentive and provided excellent service throughout the wedding reception.
    EVERYTHING about the day was just outstanding! We highly recommend Blackstone Rivers ranch for a wedding to be remembered for a lifetime!!!

Sent on 10/11/2016

Blackstone Rivers Ranch's reply:

Phil & Diane, you, your friends and family were truly a treasure to host! From "our family to yours," we cannot wish you more amazing years of memories. Thank you for choosing us to host yours! Always, R, Z & the entire BRR Family!

marty · Married on 07/08/2017

Indescribably beautiful venue. The most incredibly non stressful wedding that ever took place

Sent on 07/26/2017

Blackstone Rivers Ranch's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Marty!

Anne Doppelt · Married on 10/07/2018

Beautiful, intimate venue

After a horrible few days searching for venues and on the verge of giving up, my friend suggested I check out BRR and I am so glad she did. It was exactly what we wanted, a outdoor mountain wedding in an aspen grove. The staff is extremely helpful. I really didn't want to because I think their rules make sense, but I only marked them down on flexibility because they do have some strict rules (such as liquor, timing, etc), but I don't think that should count against them, just what they have to do to maintain their beautiful space. My only regret is that I couldn't control the weather for my October wedding so my guests did not get to enjoy all the various nooks they have. I would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone looking for something a little different than the typical mountain venue.

• Kim

Kim · Married on 09/02/2018

Dream location!

From the minute we stepped on property, we fell in love with Blackstone and knew we had to have our wedding there! For us, it was the perfect mix of a mountain vibe and upscale, modern amenities, and was a great size for our guest count of 75-100. Cheryl and Nadine were great to work with, answered all of our questions and kept the planning process running smoothly. We were so excited to host our friends and family from around the country and let them experience the magic of Colorado in this perfect setting. We loved the opportunity to stay in the cozy Claim Jumper cabin so we didn't have to worry about traveling anywhere after our reception. We got so many compliments from vendors and guests on how beautiful and perfect the venue was. I can't think of a more perfect place to get married!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Blackstone Rivers Ranch's reply:

K+S, thank you for your review!!! The details in your wedding were phenomenal. You made SUCH great use of the space with all of your homemade lawn games and signs. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your most SPECIAL day with us

Makenna · Married on 07/08/2018

My husband and I were just married at Blackstone Rivers Ranch last weekend, and everything about it was perfect! The venue itself is absolutely GORGEOUS-- it's mountain rustic, yet so elegant and chic. And the wildflowers all around the venue are so bright and fun! The BRR staff was extremely friendly, helpful, and accommodating. They worked with us to make sure our day was everything we dreamed of. Their use of the website, Planning Pod, made planning and communication easy and efficient. Our guests all had a blast-- many of them even said it was the best wedding they've been to! I would highly recommend this venue if you want to have an amazing wedding!

Sent on 07/24/2018
    Blackstone Rivers Ranch 17
    Blackstone Rivers Ranch 18
    Blackstone Rivers Ranch 19

Blackstone Rivers Ranch's reply:

M + S, Your love story is something special. And your wedding was by FAR one of our favorites. You two were meant for each other and there is nothing else to say. THANK YOU for choosing to get married at Blackstone Rivers Ranch!!!!