18 Reviews for Blackstone Rivers Ranch

Signature Drink (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
18 Blackstone Rivers Ranch Reviews

I visited Blackstone Rivers Ranch for the first time in June of 2017. In search for a reasonably priced, rustic mountain venue. From the moment I walked across the bridge and entered the venue I was completely enchanted. Rachel, the owner met me and as we walked around the site I knew this was where I wanted to exchange my vows. The Betz's are young entrepreneurs with a compelling vision and I believe they will be a large part of the revitalization of Idaho Springs. Their staff was completely professional, accommodating, and extremely organized — true experts of the trade.
I would highly recommend Blackstone to anyone looking for a classic, elegant and enriched mountain wedding experience.

Profile Picture Teresa, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We have been AMAZED by the services provided by the employees of the venue. I checked out the venue with my maid of honor and soon to be step son first and fell in love right away. We were greeted by one of the owners and then Cheryl came outside to greet us as we were getting out of the car. Cheryl has been my main point of contact so far and she's been on top of everything! I get responses immediately and all of my questions are answered in full. I visited the venue again two days later with my fiance and he absolutely fell in love as well. Needless to say, we cancelled the rest of our scheduled tours and began booking Blackstone Rivers Ranch. One of the steps is to sign into an event planner type thing and I LOVE IT!!!! I will recommend this venue time and time again. I love how it's open for you to customize everything to the way you want it and the fact they have their liquor license is a HUGE plus. The views are breath-taking and the service is beyond outstanding. We look forward to having our big day here :)!!

Profile Picture Tayborlee, 5/19/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at BRR about a month ago and it was perfect! It was the most beautiful place to invite all of our out of town friends and family for our wedding, and our guests could not stop commenting on how great it was. I love the table and chairs they provided and that they have the option to rent place settings and glassware, that was so convenient. We booked about a year in advance and Cheryl and Nadine always responded quickly and were such a great help throughout the whole process. This was the best decision we made for our big day and we will always cherish this place.

Profile Picture Alli, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I'm still in dreamland thinking about my mountain wedding at Blackstone Rivers Ranch. Currently residing in Australia, my husband and I wanted to go back to our roots and have a beautiful mountain wedding. I was back in the states over Memorial Day and Blackstone was the only venue I had a chance to see in person. Honestly, it was all I needed. We booked them shortly thereafter for a wedding in 5 months. Given the timezone difference and correspondence coming in at weird hours, nothing slipped through the cracks. Cheryl and Nadine were so wonderful to work with. They answered all my questions and even made a few requests happen for me that I truly appreciate.

I was hoping there would be a lovely dusting of snow on the grounds on my wedding day and I got my wish. It was such a treat to be able to share such a beautiful place with our out of town guests. Mother nature put on a show for us at the end of October, and Blackstone, took care of the rest.

I highly suggest booking the Claim Jumper Cabin if it is available during your wedding weekend. It is the most adorable, peaceful place to stay. We were welcomed with a bottle of wine, we built a fire and it was so magical. I really cannot recommend this venue more. They provide luxe, but subtle, details and let the surroundings, creek, and immaculate grounds do the rest. I am thankful for everything they did to help me get down the aisle and everything they did behind the scenes day-of. Thank you heaps!

Profile Picture Kim, 10/28/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is absolutely dreamy--and we knew it and felt it the moment we stepped onsite. The same feeling extended to our guests, which was our goal for our big day. There are so many great things I can say about the place, the owners, and the staff--they were thorough in answering our questions, worked with us on an alcohol package, were timely in their responses, and helpful when we needed extra accommodations (like certain aisle configuration/seating and a fun traditional ceremony we incorporated that required some supplies from Zuri, one of the owners). We also enjoyed the fact that they are licensed as a concert venue so we could celebrate into the night. The setting is just magical--the river, the trees, the moss, the tent, the lodge--it's all top notch and I half-jokingly told everyone that day that the whole reason we chose that venue was for the wallpaper in the bridal suite (it was just one of the many reasons). We shopped around, probably to 50 venues in total, weighing all the pros/cons. Spare yourself the hassle: It's worth the money to book here. We would book here again and again--and look forward to seeing them grow and develop (and revisiting on our anniversaries to come). Thanks Blackstone Rivers Ranch!

Profile Picture User7899392, Recently Married, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, In-House Bar, Bridal Suite, Parking

Blackstone Rivers Ranch was the perfect place for our wedding! The scenery was breathtaking and the style of the suites and the lodge were exactly what we wanted. Working with the BRR staff was so easy and they helped us every step of the way. I could not have asked for a more wonderful venue for our boho mountain wedding!

Profile Picture Deena, 9/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, In-House Bar, Lighting/Sound, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor

This venue is absolutely incredible. Our wedding is next summer but so far, the service, communication, and everything has been superb. Rachel and her team are rockstars and have so much passion for what they're doing. We cannot wait!

Profile Picture Meghan, 7/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Breathtaking location and top quality service. The staff at Blackstone Rivers Ranch is attentive and approachable. They were willing and able to answer any and all questions and went above and beyond to make sure our special day went off without a hitch. They thought of everything that we would never have thought of on our own and made the day one to remember. Their efforts on the day of event made it possible for us to relax and enjoy our time celebrating. Every guest we have spoken to since the party has raved about how beautiful the location was and how relaxed the whole event felt. We highly recommend Blackstone Rivers Ranch! You won't regret it.

Profile Picture Annalisa, 7/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Blackstone is such an amazing venue! When we first visited the site was under construction and covered in about 3 inches of snow and we still knew then that it would be amazing and I'm glad we trusted our instincts! The staff was easy to work with and planning was easy. They accommodated a custom beer listed curated to our craft beer taste!

The site is obviously gorgeous but we especially liked the history that is in every detail, right down to the pick-axe handles on the doors which are from the original mining claim. Great place to get married and will make the day extremely special!!

Profile Picture Eddy, 6/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, In-House Bar, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Barware, Flatware, Glassware

We first visited Blackstone Rivers Ranch while construction was still underway. Huge machinery and dirt patches abounded, but my (now) husband and I immediately recognized the vision of Rachel and Zuri as something that fit both our style and personalities. We immediately fell in love. On the actual big day of our wedding, BRR couldn’t have been lovelier, and I found myself literally skipping down the trail from the Claim Jumper Cabin, where we had stayed the night before. From my perspective as bride, everything was smooth sailing with love and rainbows all around. Of course that just speaks to the professionalism of the team as anyone who has been involved with a wedding of 130+ guests knows that there’s no such thing as perfect “smooth sailing”! But the grounds were exquisite, the ceremony was simply stunning (my family and in-laws are STILL talking about it!), the backdrop of yellowing aspen trees couldn’t have been more perfect, the ambiance during cocktail hour creek-side was charming, and everything ran like clockwork (at least it did from MY perspective!). The wedding party raved over the bride and groom suites, and many of our male guests loved sneaking away from the cacophony of the tent to the Glory Hole where they enjoyed watching some sports highlights in peace. My husband and I ended our magical day by retiring to the Claim Jumper Cabin for a second night, and the ease of just walking hand-in-hand up the trail to our honeymoon suite was truly worth every penny. We loved working with Rachel and Jenn, and we can’t wait to find another excuse to return to Blackstone Rivers Ranch in the future. Thank you so much! Rachel and Troy Medina

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

When thinking of our wedding last night in "Claim Jumper Cabin", the words that come to mind are; magical, elegant, chic, well appointed, and sensational. As a man who has a tight hold on his checkbook...I have to say that no greater value in life or leisure has ever been afforded to me than the Blackstone Rivers Ranch wedding venue. We loved every second of our time on property, and appreciate all the wonderful people who made our stay magical! ~~ Update 2 weeks later ~~ Both of our families have spent the last two weeks gushing about how incredible they felt the wedding and venue were...we couldn't be more thankful that we booked Blackstone Rivers Ranch to celebrate our love and bring our families closer together!!

Profile Picture Brian, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I came and saw the venue before it was even close to being completed. Rachel had such a clear and inspiring vision for it that we immediately knew it would be perfect for us. What they did with the property far exceeded our expectations! It is absolutely perfect and insanely beautiful! The team is extremely responsive, helpful, professional, and patient . I highly recommend Blackstone Rives Ranch to any couple looking far a rustic, classy, and whimsical outdoor wedding. We had the best day of our lives there!

Profile Picture Debrah, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you are looking for a gorgeous mountain retreat under an hour from Denver with elegant finishes, Blackstone Rivers Ranch is IT! From the moment we met Rachel and saw the beauty of the Ranch, we were in love. This venue is captivating! The natural beauty of Colorado surrounds you and Rachel and Zuri have carefully selected every detail and finish from the gorgeous sailcloth tent, to the elegant rustic exterior with lavishly appointed interior of the lodge, to the dreamy fairy lights in the wooded cocktail hour location. They have truly thought of everything! Our vendors were even blown away by the beauty of the Ranch and our guests are still gushing over how amazing it is! Our package included a photo booth in a darling original wood shack with paned window and a door, located next to the wooden covered bridge that overlooks the river (swoon!). The bridal suite and grooms rooms are beautifully appointed and spacious, each with a private deck and plenty of room for getting ready with your bridal party and well stocked with snacks and cocktails of your choice on the big day. Rachel and Jen brought my vision to life and absolutely exceeded our expectations. They are incredibly professional, responsive, have a true passion for what they do, and deliver exceptional results. Working with them made things SO easy for us. Jen assisted in coordinating all of our vendors and suggested a floor plan beforehand which took so much pressure off of us in those very busy weeks before the big day. Choosing Blackstone Rivers Ranch made everything run seamlessly and we couldn't be more pleased with how our wedding turned out. I cannot recommend Blackstone Rivers Ranch highly enough. Rachel and Zuri were truly delightful, we can't wait to come back to the Claim Jumper cabin year after year to celebrate our anniversary. Book BRR as your wedding venue, you will be so glad you did!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 9/4/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Cocktail Reception, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Parking

We are so incredibly fortunate to have connected with Rachel and Zuri at Blackstone Rivers Ranch. From our very first meeting, they were easy to work with, and it was clear that they were eager and excited to help us carry out our vision for our wedding day. Their vision totally aligned with ours, and it was effortless to work together.
One thing we really valued about the Blackstone experience was the flexible time frames offered. Rather than boxing us into a pre-packaged timeline like most other venues, they allowed us to schedule the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception at times of our choosing. The Ranch has unique subsections across its grounds (rustic building with bridal suite and groom’s lounge, woodsy ceremony site, creekside cocktail hour, reception under the sailcloth tent), so holding the entire event there felt intimate yet spacious with 100 guests. The package we chose included unique perks such as a photo booth, a wooden envelope box, food and drinks of our choosing in the bridal suite and groom’s lounge, an overnight stay in a rustic honeymoon suite cabin, and homemade breakfast delivered in the morning. The space and grounds were also so stunning that the only decorations we needed to provide were centerpieces and a little décor for the sweetheart table.
Jenn, the venue coordinator, was very responsive and easy to communicate with throughout the entire planning process, up to and through the reception. She was always pleasant and handled all requests with grace and an easy-going demeanor.
On our wedding day, the entire Blackstone staff worked tirelessly to ensure everything went smoothly and that we were happy at all times. It was a long day for the staff, but everyone seemed excited for us and pleased to help create our unique celebration.
Overall, Blackstone is a magical place destined to become one of the area's premiere wedding venues. We'd recommend it to anyone seeking a serene, stunning, rustic but elegant setting for their big day!

Profile Picture Seth & Laura, 9/3/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our daughter had the wedding of her dreams at Blackstone Rivers Ranch!
Everything about Blackstone Rivers Ranch is magnificent, natural, and down to earth. Rachel and Zuri have created a venue that is in perfect sync with the surrounding landscape, fulfilling the vision that our daughter and son-in-law had for their special day.
Many of the wedding guests traveled from New York and the mid-west, and all were amazed by the enchanting setting at Blackstone Rivers Ranch. The babbling brook, aspen trees and scenic backdrops provide a rustic beauty to the landscape and design at BRR, which is enhanced by many unique handmade touches throughout the venue, such as seats that Zuri carved by from tree trunks, which we sat on for the wedding ceremony, and the bar also carved from trees. The fire pit at night was an added bonus to the festivities.
Being from out of state, we had to do much of the wedding planning from long distance, but Rachel was personally involved to assist us and provide updates throughout the process, and on the day of the wedding Rachel was on-site from the moment we arrived until the guests departed and the bride and groom retired for the evening to the honeymoon suite at BRR. The entire staff at BRR was very attentive and provided excellent service throughout the wedding reception.
EVERYTHING about the day was just outstanding! We highly recommend Blackstone Rivers ranch for a wedding to be remembered for a lifetime!!!

Profile Picture Phil & Diane, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Indescribably beautiful venue. The most incredibly non stressful wedding that ever took place

Profile Picture marty, 7/8/17, 1 Review
3.8

There is not a more beautiful venue on earth the Blackstone Rivers Ranch. Everything is just perfect, the scenery, the mountains, the small rivers, the aspen trees. The large white tent is *literally* the one you imagine at the end of Harry Potter. The entire place was constructed with precision and care, from the homemade farm tables to the old mining details on inside the large lodge. We wanted an outdoor mountain setting that could accommodate 200 people within 30 minutes of Denver, and Blackstone honestly was the ONLY venue that fit that description. It was exactly everything we could have hoped for in a venue.

Then why the 3.8 stars you ask? While the venue itself is perfect, they are clearly still new to the business. Our caterer, our photographer, our day of coordinators, and us all had issues with the staff. They were often slow to respond and then inconsistent in what we were told. While nothing was such a big problem that it affected our big day, there were far more headaches then we expected. I assume and hope it's just growing pains, but read your contracts carefully and ask A LOT of questions. Other than that, picture perfect in every way, our guests (and us) could not have asked for a more picturesque setting.

Profile Picture Amy, 9/4/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, In-House Bar, Set Up, Covered Outdoor, Scenic Views, Parking, Barware, Flatware, Glassware