Blackstone Caterers Reviews

131 | Middletown, RI

131 Reviews for Blackstone Caterers

Danielle · Married on 05/19/2013

Blackstone was great! They were extremely helpful and were easy to contact. When there were last minute changes, they were able to make the adjustments without any hesitation. They did a great job setting up the reception area. Everything was beautiful!

Sent on 05/26/2013

Katherine · Married on 05/04/2013

Blackstone Caterers was wonderful! Danielle made the planning process very easy and was great to work with. She even made sure that my husband and I got to sample the food and drinks from the cocktail hour. The food was outstanding! We got many compliments from our guests. We got several quotes for catering at the Towers and Blackstone had the best pricing and the best overall package. The service was great! Very elegant and classic. I would highly recommend this caterer for weddings and other events!

Sent on 06/06/2013

Christine · Married on 12/29/2012

If you're reading this because you are considering booking them, book them now! There are not enough good things I can say about Shannon and her team. For my wedding, we planned an outdoor ceremony and moments before it was to start, it began to pour. The Blackstone team immediately sprang to work, moving everything inside the tent for the reception, and then literally took the shirts off their backs and wiped down all of the chairs. If that weren't enough, every one of my guests raved about the food, including the perfectly prepared fish for over 100 guests. Their staff were so incredibly friendly and helpful - another comment from my guests. And to top it off, Shannon was not only an extraordinary caterer but basically served as my wedding planner and worked with me diligently and patiently for almost one year. If I could have Blackstone cater all my future events.

Sent on 07/02/2018

Nicole · Married on 11/03/2012

What can I say about Karen and the rest of the staff at Blackstone? Nothing short of PHENOMENAL! From our first meeting, we were so impressed with the customer service and attention they gave to us. We had scheduled to meet with Blackstone and the 'other' big caterer in RI the same day and after we were treated so poorly by the other, Blackstone was the hands down choice. Karen is the most compassionate and truly nicest person we have ever had the pleasure of working with. We know how many clients she must have, but through the entire process, made us feel like we were the only ones on her list. She answered all our questions and MADE our reception. During the tasting, the owner was there to personally serve us samples from our potential menu. He told us about where the food comes from and how it is prepared. How amazed and blown away were we! It is a joy to know how much this company cares about its clients.

The reception went on without a hitch. The set-up was exactly how we discussed and the room was beautiful. Everything came out hot and delicious and the waiters were courteous and very attentive. While Karen said she would only be there for the set-up, she waited for me and my husband to arrive to congratulate us and make sure everything was how we wanted. This with her being 8 months pregnant!!! Our coordinator for the rest of the night was attentive and a dream to work with as well. Everything was seamless. Our guests are still RAVING about the food and how everything was above and beyond a traditional wedding dinner. They are on the pricey side but well worth the stress they take off your plate and the excellent food and service. We cannot thank Blackstone enough for the amazing job they did and will come highly recommended from us!

Sent on 12/16/2012
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 10/20/2012

Danielle Costa and the entire team at Blackstone Caterers ensured that our wedding went off without a hitch and that our menu was personal and delicious. From our preliminary planning conversations, to the day of the event, we could not have been happier with our decision to work with Blackstone.

A few things that I found especially wonderful...

* Blackstone works with many local farms and food purveyors. This was very important to me and made the menu all the more delicious and unique.

* The servers were incredibly professional and made sure that my husband and I enjoyed the hors d'oeuvres, cocktails, and dinner. They regularly checked in on us to see if we needed anything. They went above and beyond to make sure that we enjoyed our special day.

* Signature Cocktails: Blackstone were happy to work with us on offering his and hers cocktails. We selected the Bees Knees and the Sazerac. Both were prepared perfecty!

* The food was delicious and so well prepared.

Sent on 12/31/2012

One of our highest priorities for our wedding was outstanding food, and Blackstone Caterers exceeded our expectations. Their attention to detail, expertise, creativity and flexibility are unmatched. Working with Karen immediately put us at ease. The food was amazing and every guest we talked to that night had a comment about it. Their service is attentive and gracious, paying special attention to us at the bride and groom. It’s truly invaluable to be able to trust in your vendors and Blackstone is just that, you won’t have to worry about a thing and your guests will truly be impressed. Wedding: Newport, RI / 10-20-12

Sent on 01/12/2013

Margaret · Married on 10/20/2012

This is a much belated review (married last fall), but I was absolutely thrilled with Blackstone Catering! My husband and I love food, so picking the right caterer was extremely important to us (we spoke with many local caterers and had tastings with 3 before choosing Blackstone). Karen was an absolute pro- she listened and adjusted menus according to our taste preferences and budget, and was quick to return our emails and calls. Even our tasting session was nothing short of magical (cozy tasting room eating delicious food and wine with a view of snow falling outside!). At our wedding, not only did our guests rave about the food, but the caterers made sure the bride and groom had drinks and food at all times (As soon as we walked out of our ceremony, we had our signature cocktails and appetizers waiting!). I have absolutely no complaints and would choose them again!

Sent on 09/29/2013

Amanda · Married on 10/06/2012

Blackstone was amazing we couldn't have asked for anything better.
    Leading up to our wedding we worked with Danielle. Danielle was so easy to work with and she answered any and every question we had about our wedding day. She made us feel comfortable and she was always available especially during the few weeks before the wedding.
    When we found out she would not be available on our wedding day we were nervous but once we met Deb we knew we were in good hands. Deb was so attentive and very professional throughout the entire day; she even remedied our crisis of missing flowers.
    Blackstone delivered more than we could have imagined and we would definitely recommend them for any future event.

Sent on 02/03/2013

Blackstone Caterers's reply:

Thank you so much for the beautiful testimony, Amanda! We are so happy to have made your day perfect and wish you nothing but the best!

Amazing!!!!! People talked about the food months after the wedding.

Sent on 01/07/2014

Jamay · Married on 09/15/2012

We loved working with Karen Tungett at Blackstone’s! First, out of the four caterers we scheduled tastings with in the Newport/Bristol area, Blackstone’s was definitely the best in terms of both food quality and presentation. Our tastings at Blackstone’s were such a highlight of the wedding planning process.
    Secondly, Karen was a dream to work with. There are vendors who make you a little bit nervous, and others who put you completely at ease. Karen was definitely the latter. In all our interactions, she was always full of enthusiasm, energy, and helpful tips. She also went above and beyond to help us with our many requests and make everything we wanted work with our budget. We were also floored by how incredibly responsive Karen was, despite her busy calendar -- she often replied to our emails late at night and on her days off. About the actual event -- it was a huge success! Our guests especially raved about the lamb chop hor d’oeuvres, the ice-cream sundae station, and the extremely friendly (and good-looking, haha) bartenders.

Sent on 12/08/2012

Nora · Married on 08/18/2012

We shopped around a bit before settling on Blackstone. Danielle at Blackstone is a total professional. From start to finish she made sure she understood our vision, and made everything possible that she could. She literally never once said no to any request or suggestion I made, and if she wasn't able to do something, always had a stellar plan b. So, the service, and the professionalism, above and beyond, A plus. NOW- the food. I am sure we have all been to weddings and the food is a total after thought. Not with Blackstone. The food was literally 5 star. I had people left and right telling me how phenomenal the food was. And several people are still talking about it months later. I think it's rare that you walk away from a wedding, raving about the food, but if you hire Blackstone, that will surely happen. The other awesome thing about BC is they are totally local, seasonal, and on trend. Expect unique options, and interesting flavor mash-ups. BC has been around awhile, as well, so Danielle was able to suggest other vendors to work with. Once I had my team in place, Danielle totally worked one on one with various vendors, which I found to be hugely helpful. We loved every second of working with Danielle and the BC team and would def hire them again in a heart beat!

Sent on 09/10/2012

Chelsea · Married on 08/10/2012

What can I say? There’s a reason they’re known as one of the top two caterers in RI. They did my sister’s wedding and we didn’t even talk to any other caterers. Yes, they’re pricey, but nothing is worse than bad food at a wedding.

Sent on 09/03/2012

Did an amazing job on my wedding! Will work with you to create what you want and have in mind!

Sent on 11/09/2012

Charlene · Married on 07/21/2012

Could not have asked for more!
    There were several caterers that we reached out to for our wedding this past July in Newport, RI. However, none of them responded so quickly and were so eager to help, as Blackstone. Specifically, Danielle at Blackstone, was an absolute saint to work with. She helped manage several of our vendors and was always quick to respond to communications with suggestions and new ideas. Even a few days prior to the wedding in the height of their busy season, she did a through walk through of the house with us. Knowing that Blackstone was our vendor made us so comfortable and gave us a peace of mind the day of the wedding! I would HIGHLY recommend them!

Sent on 08/17/2012
  • User2028227 · 2+ years ago

From our very first meeting, Blackstone Caterers helped to make my dream wedding become a reality. My fiance and I weren't sure we could even afford this top-notch caterer, but we gave them our budget and they worked with us to give us whatever we wanted but at a price that would work for us. We picked everything from appetizers to dessert and even if it was a request that wasn't on their original menu they made it work and they made it delicious! I received endless emphatic complements throughout the evening about how amazing the food was, and we are still hearing the same thing weeks after the wedding. And the service was impeccable. If guests went to the restroom their napkin was folded on the table by the time they returned. The servers doted on my husband and I since we were running around talking to guests. They were so kind and concerned that we had enough to eat and drink and that we constantly had everything we wanted. And I absolutely cannot say enough about our personal event planner, Karen Riley. From the moment we met with her she was everything you would want a vendor to be. She always got back to me right away, even hours before the ceremony with last minute questions! She is kind, warm, energetic, flexible and gets the job done perfectly with a smile on her face. The quality of food and service is simply unbeatable.

Sent on 07/24/2012

Blanca · Married on 05/25/2012

The food was the best I've ever had!! We got so many compliments on the food and service and the portions were fabulous. Danielle was great to work with and the night of the wedding, staff went out of their way to check with me and my husband if there was anything we needed as far as food, drink, whatever. When the bar was closing, the bartender knew the drinks he and I were getting all night and left them for us - small detail that went a long way. I would use Blackstone again in a heartbeat for any catering event. Danielle helped everything come together, excellent service and absolutely amazing food! You won't go wrong with them!

Sent on 06/14/2012

Laura · Married on 05/05/2012

I'm so happy I went with Blackstone Catering. We worked with Danielle as our rep, and she was wonderful, always responding very quickly to my questions. They were extremely flexible, and able to accommodate all of our requests. The staff was friendly and helpful during our event, and we were honestly shocked at the amazing job they did cleaning up afterwards. They really went above and beyond the call of duty.

And of course, the food was wonderful. Everything tasted fantastic and the presentation was gorgeous. I would absolutely hire Blackstone again.

Sent on 06/20/2012

Ana · Married on 04/29/2012

We can't say enough about Blackstone. They were the BEST!!!! Just yesterday we were at a friend's home and they were still raving about the food at our wedding a month ago. We met with three caterers before choosing Blackstone. They were the only ones that gave us a full tasting on our first meeting. No charge or questions asked. We were from our town, four hours away, so to have to go back and forth to do a further tasting made it tough with our work schedule. Blackstone said yes to anything we wanted and made it within our budget. The presentation, food and staff were amazing. Danielle and her team went above and beyond. We love them!!! Thank you for making our day.

Ana & Tom

Sent on 05/29/2012

Megan · Married on 12/31/2011

I was 100% amazed by Blackstone and Karen. We had a cocktail style reception, and served heavy apps. We had plenty of food, and people could not stop raving about how great it was. People are still calling us to talk about how great the food was. Everything came out hot and delicious (and they were cooking in a tent in december!!!). We had short plate entrees, and every single steak was cooked to perfection. I was completely amazed every time I tasted something. From the moment we met with them at the tasting, they were it for us. I had figured they would be far too pricey for us, but they actually were in line with other caterers and the quality of food and service far exceeded other caterers. Every concern I had, Karen addressed and handled quickly and efficiently. We did all of our rentals through them, which was great because we had one less vendor to handle. Karen handled the timeline for the day, and really acted like a day of coordinator, which was soooo helpful and amazing. I would use Blackstone again and again, and would recommend them to anyone who wants the highest quality food at their event.

Sent on 01/17/2012

Stacey · Married on 10/08/2011

Blackstone, and in particular Karen, was absolutely amazing! I can't begin to say enough about how fantastic everything was. I knew the food would be excellent & it was. But, it was all the intangibles in the wedding planning process that really made me so thankful we had chosen Blackstone.

Sent on 10/27/2011

Fabulous food! I highly recommend the raw bar at your cocktail hour! I've been to a lot of fancy weddings, with mediocre food. Blackstone does a great job and the food is great! My priorities in planning my wedding were to have great food, great music and a fabulous photographer. The food at our wedding was wonderful and beautifully presented. Most of our guests are NYC foodies. They all approved! It was a bit disappointing because the day of coordinator we had been working with got sick and was not able to be there on the day of our wedding. But she must have taken very good notes, because the woman who filled in did an excellent job.
    I suggest you go in for a tasting. We were able to meet the chef and choose a menu we loved!

Sent on 02/14/2012

Lindsay · Married on 08/13/2011

all I can say is WOW!! My husband and I could not have been happier than we were with the food at our wedding! Everything was AWESOME...and we are still getting compliments on it! People loved the food! Not only was the food great, but they were wonderful to work with. We checked out a few caterers in the area, and Blackstone was the only one willing to really work with us to give us exactly what we wanted within our budget. They were so pleasant and helpful, responded immediately to any emails/phone calls, and really worked with us to make our day exactly what we wanted. They even reached out to our tent company, linens company, and wedding planner to make sure everyone was on the same page which saved me a lot of work. Our wedding was in my parents backyard, so I anticipated the catering being a bit difficult (since they worked out of a makeshift kitchen) and they pulled it off without a problem! I can 100% guarantee satisfaction if you use them...they are the best!

Sent on 08/24/2011

stephanie · Married on 07/10/2011

The minute we met Karen and sampled the food for our tasting we knew that Blackstone Caterers was going to be a hit at our wedding! Karen made menu suggestions that were all outstanding, and reflective of our favorite things. She was flexible and accommodating in every way possible. The food was so delicious and everyone is still raving about it! Not only did it taste amazing but the presentation was beautiful and you can tell everything was put together with care. The dessert stations and bars looked great as well. They even attempted to make up a signature drink for me based on a few ingredients I asked them to try together, and it came out perfectly delicious! Karen and the staff at Blackstone executed an amazing event with what seemed liked such ease, the service was right on point! There was always someone right there asking what we needed, not only for the bride and groom, but this was something I heard from guest as well. The moment we sat down they brought my husband and I a platter of every hors’dureves that were passed to guest including items from the raw bar to be sure we had everything. This included a variety of desserts later as well even though we had a station for this. Throughout the entire process Karen was easy to work with, and extremely helpful when I had to get some of my items to my reception (chargers, menus, napkins, and dinner wine, etc..).
    Karen and the rest of the staff at Blackstone caterers are a group of professionals that are thoughtful, caring, and energetic. Even the chef came out during our tasting to explain every dish and to tell us where the food came from. The great thing about Blackstone is that everything comes from local farms and waters, which ensures the freshest and best taste!
    I would Highly Recommend Blackstone Catering for your wedding, or next big event! I certainly will use them again!

Sent on 08/03/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 01/01/2011

Many, Many guests said that it was THE BEST wedding food they have ever had. So many options to choose from, they worked totally within out budget, and met with us a couple of times when need be. Danielle was our point person and she was very pleasant and prompt. No extra fee to cut cake or any inflated catering costs along those lines - can not say enough great things!

Sent on 01/12/2011

Sarah · Married on 10/23/2010

I cannot say enough about Blackstone and Karen Conley . They were amazing. 5 Star all the way! The food and service was incredible. It was a chilly night so Karen had a few surprises that blew us away. They surprised us by serving hot apple cider while they were waiting for the ceremony and she had Pashmina’s for all the ladies who were cold. There was always a staff member nearby bring us Hors d'oeuvres while we were taking pictures and even making sure I had a shawl or something to warm me up. The food was tremendous! They even packed up all the extras left over from the table and managed to locate the toasting glasses which had been left who knows where. They took amazing care us all night. Cannot say enough about them!!

Sent on 10/27/2010