Blackstone Caterers Reviews

131 | Middletown, RI

131 Reviews for Blackstone Caterers

Shannon at Blackstone was very accommodating with all of our needs. We were in a bit of a time crunch as we started planning a bit late for the event but they jumped right on board. They were great in working with our venue as well as with our vendors. Shannon was always open minded and honest with us in making recommendations which we very much appreciated. She took in all our needs and made sure they were accommodated. The day of event went swimmingly with very professional staff and great food. Our guests kept talking about those two aspects after the wedding.

Sent on 12/04/2015

Joy · Married on 07/25/2015

Do not go anywhere else! This caterer is simply the BEST there is! I cannot express how great the food and the service is....they were so easy to work with - and they came through with everything as promised. People are still raving about the food.

Sent on 07/29/2015

Christina · Married on 07/18/2015

We used Blackstone as our caterer for our 7/18/15 wedding at The Towers in Narragansett. We live in NJ and weren't sure where to begin our search for a caterer. We spoke to a few caterers we found on The Knot and made appointments at 4. Blackstone was the only caterer to give you a tasting up front before you sign a contract. This was a big deal for us as we were nervous about signing a contract without even tasting the food. The tasting was DELICIOUS! It wasn't even a close call with the other 3 caterers.

Shannon was very responsive and paid attention to every detail. On the day of our wedding, all of the decorations were exactly as I wanted. Even a last minute addition of having candles added to a few guests' wedding cake for birthday/anniversary celebrations was taken care of. The personal server that the bride/groom are assigned was awesome! He made sure we had a plate of the appetizers, brought us drinks, and boxed up our uneaten food for us to be eaten the next day. All of our decorations were also nicely packed away for my parents to grab before they left for the evening as well.

The food was amazing. Our guests are still talking about it. If you are on the fence about getting the raw bar go for it. The shrimp were HUGE. For our appetizers we had the cheese bar, raw bar, mini chowder/clam cakes, mini wellingtons, chicken quesadillas, mini lobster rolls, and the beef carpaccio. We decided on the caprese salad, statler chicken w/ boursin mashed potatoes, and surf and turf w/ citrus risotto. The food was cooked to perfection and tasted so good. My mouth is watering just thinking about it again.

I would highly recommend Blackstone Caterers for your wedding. You will not be disappointed. It is well worth the money.

Sent on 02/07/2016

We haven't even had our wedding yet and already they are amazing! Karen is always willing to help me with anything I throw at her.

Sent on 12/05/2014

Caitlyn · Married on 06/20/2015

I don't even know where to begin in thanking everyone at Blackstone Caterers for the phenomenal, over-the-top service we received at our wedding on June 20th at Blithewold Mansion, Gardens & Arboretum in Bristol, RI. My fiancee (now husband), parents and I have been working with Karen Riley Tungett for over a year to plan this event. She has been a true pleasure to work with. She is responsive, thoughtful, kind and professional. She remembers the little things - i.e. specific votives Mom and I liked from the Newport Bridal Show; she made sure they were on our reception tables for the wedding day. The tasting that we did with Karen this past winter was my favorite day of the entire wedding planning process. Blackstone goes above and beyond to make sure that you and your guests are well taken care of. There is a reason they are the best in the business - they have the best product (food, drinks, planning), paired with the best people. Cindy, our day-of coordinator was fantastic. She made sure that everything ran smoothly, and was warm and friendly. As Nick and I walked around with our photographer taking pictures during part of the cocktail hour, a server followed us with cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. Our bridal party and parents were also well taken care of. My mom (with my aunt and a friend), made homemade Italian cookies and mini-cheesecakes. Blackstone made sure they were displayed on the dessert bar. Along with the florist (Sayles Livingston), Blackstone made sure that our reception tent and decor was just stunning. Blackstone also coordinated renting specialty linens (Navy liberty key, with accents of coral solid linens) through Rentals Unlimited. You will not be underquoted either - the estimate we received early-on in the process was essentially the exact total cost when all was said and done. I promise, you will never regret choosing Blackstone Caterers. Thank you, Blackstone- and especially Karen. You are the absolute best.
    - Caitlyn (Dolph) Beauregard

Sent on 07/01/2015

Joseph · Married on 06/20/2015

Nobody is going to lie to your face and tell you the food at your wedding was good when it was actually crap. But when people are still coming up to us, months after the wedding day, to say that the food Blackstone provided was the best wedding meal they've ever had? That's how you know this team is special. Karen at Blackstone was essentially our consigliere. We had questions about logistics? She had answers. We needed recommendations for DJs, transportation services, or even portable toilets (yep, we needed them)? They were at the ready. And that's even before you get to the food itself, which is hard to top. Her team worked with us to design a bespoke menu, and accommodated all of our requests, ideas, and suggestions without a hint of difficulty. And their day-of service was beyond exceptional. Yes, they can be a bit pricey, but they're worth every single penny.

Sent on 09/07/2015

Lisa · Married on 05/30/2015

A++++++ service! I worked with Karen and she was by far my favorite vendor. She was incredibly helpful with absolutely everything and went above and beyond to make our day perfect. We had a long engagement so she had to put up with my questions for quite some time, but she was always incredibly patient, helpful, and responsive. She always emails you back within minutes! She even dealt with my mom who was being a bit picky about wine selections :) AND she went out of her way to get my nephew some vanilla ice cream so he could take his pill during the reception. During our reception, she brought us a tray of HD's to the wedding suite since she knew we probably wouldn't get to eat otherwise (true!). And she came over to tell us when the sunset light was perfect for sunset photos, which wasn't even her responsibility but it was so nice that she was looking out for us and we were so grateful that she did! Absolutely PHENOMENAL service. And the food is outstanding. I will sing her praises all day and recommend her to anyone getting married in the area.

Sent on 05/31/2015

Valerie · Married on 05/23/2015

Blackstone Caterers were phenomenal! We knew their reputation was the best on island and expected their prices to be out of our budget. We were pleasantly surprised with their competitive prices! Karen and her team were flawless in getting everything set up. Every person was warm and made me feel special. Karen even stayed with us, fluffing my train before the ceremony and making us feel completely cared for. We had a few special meal issues–severe food allergies, gluten intolerances, and a vegan. Every guest was made to feel so special and received exactly the right meal. Our newly pregnant guest needed to have her steak cooked a bit longer, it was treated as completely no problem. Our guest with severe allergies is used to not being able to eat at weddings and receptions--- she ate every bite and knew how much we cared. We were thrilled to watch her enjoy her night thanks to Blackstone! Karen and the team also thought to bring us a wide selection of hour d’ouvres to our pre-determined location with a bottle of wine so we could sneak a few bites before we joined our guests. It was wonderful and exactly the moment we needed. Our food was so yummy we did not suffer that bride and groom problem of not eating --- we both ate and even had a second piece of cake. It was amazing.
    Even prior to our big day, Karen was such a joy to work with! She recommended other awesome vendors and made our food tasting turn into a fun date! When we had a snag on our wedding cake (vendor lost the order and then was overbooked!) Karen worked to get another bakery to make the flavors we wanted and provided us with extra dessert options as a surprise! When the forecast changed in the days immediately before our wedding, Karen immediately secured us a reservation on heaters-- when we called the same vendor that day at the recommendation of the venue, we were told they were booked! She absolutely went above & beyond!

Sent on 08/01/2015

Tricia · Married on 04/17/2015

Professional and delicious are understatements in describing Blackstone Catering. Danielle and company were absolutely the best to work with - so friendly, helpful with coordinating details, prompt with emails, competitive rates. We received so many compliments on how delicious the food was at the wedding, from the hors d'oeuvres to salads to entrees, everything was so good. The staff were very professional and executed everything I asked them to set up just perfectly. There was nothing left out of place. Danielle put my mind at ease about the details so that I could enjoy the planning experience. Blackstone truly lived up to their reputation. I would hire them for another function of mine again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 04/28/2015

If I could give this caterer more stars, I absolutely would. Their service is impeccable, their kindness and warmth is amazing, and their food... just wow. Shannon Driscoll was the most helpful and amazing coordinator I could ever ask for. I don't even have words enough to explain how grateful I am to her and her staff! My guests adored the food and thought it was elegant, creative, and of course very tasty! Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/15/2015

Nicole · Married on 09/27/2014

I wholeheartedly believe I had the best caterer on the planet for my wedding day. Even going into it, I had very high expectations for the food I wanted served and the customer service I was looking for - Blackstone excelled on both fronts. Our first experience was at their tasting facility in Middletown, RI after already tasting with the most well-known caterer out of MA. Blackstone blew them out of the water in all categories - presentation, attention to detail, taste, customer service and truly making me feel that my business / wedding was of the upmost importance. We worked with Shannon (well known as St. Shannon for her patience amongst other wedding vendors), and from the start I felt completely at ease and that Shannon had our best intentions at heart. She took us through the menu and options diligently and we choose selections like clam chowder in adorable porcelain mugs with a clam fritter perched on top, mini-lobster rolls, fish & chips in paperboats as appetizers. Quintessential New England items, which I loved for our out of town guests. For mains, we went with the halibut topped with a fresh chimichurri sauce sitting on a bed of citrus risotto and snap beans as well as a filet accompanied by a cabernet demi-glace and smashed, shallot potatoes. Delicious. For dessert we had strawberry shortcakes arranged in mini mason jars, whoopie pies, crème brulee and the thrown in surprise of passed warm cookies and milk shooters. My mouth waters even two weeks later thinking about these dishes! They tasted no different on the day of our wedding as they did at the tasting which is incredible seeing as we had over 150 guests. Even John, the owner stopped by the day of to check in, which being in a customer service field, I really appreciated. If you are looking for a truly buttoned up, inventive, personal caterer who goes the extra mile for their couples go no further than Blackstone and Shannon. I will be trying to relive these dishes for years to come!

Sent on 10/08/2014

I cannot say enough great things about Blackstone, the food was outstanding, they were so accommodating, very friendly and professional. The coordinator leading up to our wedding was so helpful and so kind and the staff the day of was wonderful, warm and professional. Everyone was raving about the food all night! We were on a budget but really good in season food was important to us and Blackstone made that happen for us at a very reasonable rate. I would highly recommend them!!

Sent on 09/28/2014

Shannon and the rest of the Blackstone Catering team was wonderful to work with. All of the wedding guests commented how wonderful the meal was (and we were in a reception tent with no kitchen services). This was even prepared under less than ideal conditions since it was a new venue and the power wasn't supporting the catering tent in addition to the other services like lighting and DJ. I highly recommend Blackstone Catering.

Sent on 10/01/2014

Chris · Married on 08/31/2014

Over a year ago, after a long search we found the Glen Manor and fell in love. Previously we had lists of pros and cons of wedding venues but when we experienced the Glen we simply asked where to sign. The catering staff were setting up and we asked which company they worked for. They replied, "Blackstone" with a joyous sense of pride. That night we Googled the company and were overwhelmed with their accolades, website, and delectable offerings.

I quickly reminded my food connoisseur partner, that the best food in the world would come at a cost and so we braced for the initial email response from the cater on pricing. To our relief, they were able to accommodate our budget. Anyone considering a Newport wedding will certainly need to set realistic expectations no matter whom they choose. That being said, they can tailor a menu from an extravagant several course sit down meal to a simpler beautiful buffet.

Our main contact Karen, exudes energy and passion. When you walk into a room, she lights up to see you as if you were a present on Christmas day or a long lost friend. The moment we met her, we knew Blackstone was the right choice for us. Honestly, of all our amazing vendors, she left the largest impression. The owner also warmly greeted us at our first meeting.

The day of the wedding their was a glitch with the florist, and without missing a beat Blackstone stepped in to help resolve that issue without ever worrying us. While one might consider a cater to only deal with food, they had their hand in nearly all aspects of the day and worked in perfect harmony with the venue care taker like Jennifer Lopez in the Wedding Planner.

The food was fantastic. Everyone warned us that you never get to eat at your own wedding. Not the case at Blackstone. We even had a personal waiter who appeared out of thin air at the exact moment we needed a drink or a bite to eat.

They deserve more stars than there are in the sky.

Sent on 09/07/2014

Kailee & Ben · Married on 06/06/2014

Wow! Talk about the perfect vendor! Blackstone really did an amazing job catering our June wedding. From the three caterers we've attended taste testings, Blackstone not only provided the best food and service, but paid attention to the small details that made our wedding unforgettable! Thank you

Sent on 06/09/2014
  • Cristina

Cristina · Married on 05/10/2014

Blackstone was WONDERFUL! First the food: Everyone is still talking about how delicious everything was! Blackstone made everything so tasty! the food was delicious and i can still remember how great everything tasted. I had a zillion crab cakes, :) I couldn't get enough! The fish and chips boat was the perfect touch to our New England garden wedding. The food looked beautiful and was just perfect. I can't say enough great things about how delicious everything was. The service: IMPECCABLE! I am in the event industry myself so I had high standards and expectations. I knew Blackstone would not disappoint and sure enough they exceeded every thought i had. The staff was always on top of things. We had a staff member just dedicated to my husband and I for the entire night. She was so attentive to what we needed!! The staff made every move to make sure guests were happy and satisfied. I had a guest who had trouble walking and they brought the hors d'oeuvres to him so he could be comfortable and still enjoy the goodies. Karen and Dada were fabulous! So on top of everything. They seemed truly happy for us and seemed to enjoy being there at our wedding to help make our day spectacular. They just have an ALL STAR staff combine with ALL STAR food. Everything was just wonderful.

Sent on 07/10/2014

Maureen · Married on 10/05/2013

Absolutely the best. We used Blackstone for both our wedding reception and our Sunday brunch the next day. The food at our wedding was unbelievable and beyond my expectations from our tasting. Every appetizer (lamb chops, corn fritters, lobster rolls, mini fish and chips, stuffed mushrooms) was amazing. The raw bar was outrageous and impressed all the guests. Oh, and let's not forget the FILET AND LOBSTER with mashed potatoes! Holy whoa, I'm still dreaming about it. I went all out on food and every single guest raved about it - the menu was totally customizable, and Karen (my absolute favorite vendor) always said we'd figure out how to make anything I wanted work. Adding hometown beer to the bar? No problem. Husband is obsessed with chocolate chip cookies? We're on it. The week of my wedding, when I started panicking about random details? Karen told me she had everything already set! I love Blackstone so, so much! They even have a designated server following you and your husband around to make sure you eat and drink to your heart's content (oh, and we did). It was so wonderful to have Karen there on our big day and it totally reassured me to know she had everything under control. In short, amazing food, amazing experience, amazing service - these are the pros. You really can't go wrong with these amazing caterers. I want to plan another party just to work with them!

Sent on 10/25/2013

Jennifer · Married on 09/20/2013

Blackstone is la creme de la creme in Southern Rhode Island caterers. Our sales manager Danielle was super responsive and detail oriented. Our tasting was fantastic and the food on wedding day was JUST AS excellent. Everyone raved about the cheese table during cocktail hour. We had a signature cocktail that required a non-standard juice and liquor and not only was Blackstone happy to provide the needed items, the bartender totally nailed it - tons of guests asked us for the recipe. We chose to do a preset salad with 2 dinner stations and the value was extraordinary. LOVED Blackstone and hope to use them again someday!

Sent on 09/24/2013

Kayla · Married on 09/14/2013

Wow is all I can say! I LOVED working with Blackstone! From initial contact, to tasting, to follow up meetings and the day of, everything was perfect! I went with Blackstone after the initial meeting and tasting with Karen Riley. She is amazing because she has the ability of making a bride feel like everything will be perfect! She reassured me throughout the whole process (a year and a half of planning!) and even helped advise me on other aspects of the wedding outside of the catering. No matter my request, Karen assured me that it was doable and the day would be perfect. I can't tell you how many times I changed the menu and second guessed what I wanted, but Blackstone was willing to work with me the whole way. They were slightly over my budget, but after discussions they were able to meet me in the middle where I was able to afford working with them. I am so thankful they did, too! I have had so many comments about the service on the wedding day as well as the food. The guests mentioned how when they got up to dance, when they returned their place was cleared of crumbs and their napkin and glasses re-set up. We had several people with food allergies and they told me how easy it was to speak to the Blackstone team who accommodated special requests. I was so busy that day that I barely got to eat, but we had a special waitress who would keep my food warming in the back for me until I was ready to eat. During cocktail hour, there were waitresses who brought the bridal party food and drink, and the whole team was professional and courteous. The food itself received rave reviews! I've been told it was "so much more than typical wedding food." Food was important to me, and especially important to my husband and parents. They were all more than satisfied, and I am thankful for everything Blackstone did!

Sent on 12/05/2013

Words cannot even express how wonderful a job we feel that Blackstone did at our wedding. We had a backyard wedding in Providence RI and there was a lot of work to be done to help in making the wedding beautiful. Blackstone was flawless in their service and their food. Karen Tungett was working with us through all of the planning and she was incredible. Not only was she amazingly nice and took all of my questions with a prompt reply before the wedding but she was there providing hands on help during the day. Thank you Blackstone and Karen for making our wedding as perfect as I always dreamed

Sent on 09/06/2013

Khristine · Married on 07/26/2013

We looked at several of the caterers offered to us by our venue and hand's down were smitten with Blackstone and with Karen from the moment we spoke. Not only was the food scrumptious and the presentation beautiful, but every detail of the day was made better by our choice to have Blackstone there. Karen helped us with everything, choosing vendors, thank you bags, linens, our bakery, signature drink selections, the rehearsal dinner, the day after party. She was amazing and very quickly became a dear friend! Everyone raved about the food, the service, the bartender (Karen's super star husband, Dave). It was truly the most beautiful well organized event and all our guests continue to comment on how magical everything seemed, so much in part to Blackstone. We never could've pulled off such a fabulous event without the help of the Blackstone team. We would gladly recommend them to anyone for any catering event.

Sent on 09/16/2013
  • I

Irina · Married on 07/26/2013

Karen is absolutely amazing!!! I've missed our (almost daily) chats tremendously! I don't know what I would have done without her - not to mention, almost a year later, people still tell me it was the best food the've ever had at a wedding or otherwise!

Sent on 05/17/2014

erin · Married on 06/29/2013

Blackstone caterers did a wonderful, WONDERFUL job making sure that every aspect of my wedding went exactly the way that I wanted it to. They did not just focus on the food, but provided support throughout the process, helping us with all of our planning. They recommended other vendors to us, as we lived outside of the area, and their recommendations were great as well. Our food was absolutely delicious, and we received many, many compliments on it, with many guests saying that it was the best food they'd ever had at a wedding. In addition, the decor, set-up, and entire process start to finish was simply perfect. I cannot say enough good things about Blackstone!

Sent on 07/15/2013

Alyshia · Married on 06/09/2013

Thank you Blackstone for helping to make our June 9 wedding at Easton's Beach Rotunda Ballroom such an amazing and fun event! I cannot say enough of good things about Shannon Driscoll, our Sales Manager. She assisted us through every step of the process and made us feel completely at ease that our day would not only run smoothly, but would perfectly capture our vision. And it did. Thank you again!

Sent on 06/12/2013

Rebecca · Married on 06/01/2013

Amazing food! Amazing service! And last but definitely not least, Karen is the most amazing person to work with. She gets back to you right away and seems to have all the answers. And on top of that she is extremely sweet and fun to work with!

Sent on 08/22/2013