Blackstone Caterers Reviews

Blackstone Caterers 7
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 12/08/2018

Amazing Service!

Danielle and everyone at Blackstone were absolutely incredible to work with from start to finish! Danielle was so professional, prompt and quick to answer any questions we had in customizing our perfect menu. As we got closer, Danielle met with me to discuss linens and napkins as well as helped to display decor and favors. She worked with me to help accommodate some guests who had allergies and even when a few guests could not make it last minute. She was always assured, easy-going and helped to keep me calm. The team was fabulous the night of our wedding from service, to professionalism to quality and value. The food was OUTSTANDING. Everyone of our guests raved about how delicious the food was from the appetizers to the entrees being cooked perfectly and warm! My husband and I never had to ask for anything and all of our guests felt the service was 5 star. If you are looking for amazing food, amazing service and amazing value, look no further, Blackstone is the obvious choice. Thank you Danielle and team, you helped to make our evening the most magical yet!

Blackstone Caterers 8
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing!!!

I cannot say enough amazing things about Blackstone Caterers! Shannon went above and beyond consistently. She answered our silliest questions at all times of day and was the most pleasant and professional person ever. Leading up to the wedding she was amazing- from emails to our tasting we were so lucky to be working with her! Our wedding day went flawlessly- there was always someone asking if we needed anything and even a server right there to give our bridal party food immediately after the ceremony. Nikki was our bridal attendant and is one of the sweetest people ever. Every person we interacted with was incredible.
    And the food? Amazing! We heard nothing but compliments on everything from the main course to the desserts. We did stations but Nikki made sure we got something to eat and they kept setting some of everything on our table so we would get a chance to try everything. It was all delicious and our friends and family are still raving about the food.
    I would recommend them without a single hesitation. Definitely request Shannon- she will make your event incredible!

Katie · Married on 10/13/2018

Blackstone Caterers MADE our wedding day

Blackstone Caterers worked with us for our wedding at the Herreshoff Marine Museum in October 2018 and they were seriously top notch! From the very beginning, Danielle worked with us to make sure that every detail of our day was thoughtfully planned and organized. We didn't have a wedding coordinator and since we were wedding novices, I'm sure that Danielle did a lot more for us than most other caterers do. She delightfully and patiently answered every question, no matter how big or small, that we had and I can't say how much I appreciated that. She made accommodations for us like scheduling our tasting on a day that they normally do not schedule them, since my family was visiting from out of town that did not go unnoticed. Also, everyone RAVED about the food at our wedding. The staff at our wedding made sure that we were well taken care of all night. As we walked into cocktail hour, we were handed drinks right away and there was and entire plate of appetizers waiting for us at our table as we sat down for dinner. Cindy, who was the on-site manager the day-of, did such an incredible job. Lastly, weddings are expensive and catering is typically one of the larger checks you have to write, but Blackstone was worth every single penny. Thank you again, Danielle and Cindy!

• Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/13/2018

A dream to work with!

Shannon and the Blackstone team were absolutely incredible to work with from start to finish. Shannon went above any beyond to make sure everything little detail we discussed was executed perfectly on our big day. More importantly, she was extremely professional and helpful throughout all of our prep calls, tasting, and final planning. I truly cannot say enough great things about working with her. She and the team were instrumental in helping us bring our vision to life. All of our guests raved about the food - especially the appetizers and cocktails! I would highly recommend using Blackstone for your next event - they are worth every penny!

Alison Rhodes · Married on 10/12/2018

Incredible food with exceptional service

We cannot recommend Blackstone highly enough. Karen was our point-person throughout the planning process, and she was a dream to work with. She was so excited for us, extremely kind, replied to all our questions immediately, and went above and beyond to ensure our day was perfect (she's part of the catering team and was setting up ceremony chairs the day of the wedding!). The Blackstone team was friendly and efficient, and several people have told us the food at our event was the "best food I've ever had at a wedding." The Blackstone crew pampered us, following us with champagne and snacks as we did our final photos post-ceremony and checking in throughout the night to make sure we had everything we needed and wanted. Food is important to us (and to a good event!), and we could not be happier with our choice to hire Blackstone. We're so grateful for their wonderful service!

• Stephanie

Stephanie Zurek · Married on 09/23/2018

Seasonal cuisine at its best

Blackstone catered our wedding at Blithewold Mansion at the end of September. They are one of three exclusive caterers for this venue. They have an extensive seasonal menu and were a pleasure to work with. Karen Riley Tungett was our contact at Blackstone. It was a joy to work with Karen. From day one, she was extremely communicative and enthusiastic about helping us plan. We did a tasting in June and were blown away by the selections. The flavors were complex and the presentations were beautiful. Because Blackstone has a history of working at Blithewold, Karen was able to guide us in planning the entire event. On the wedding day, Karen and her staff were wonderful. They were extremely attentive to our needs and to our guests’ needs. We had a family-style meal service and they were able to accommodate everyone’s food allergies. They also arranged plates full of homemade cookies, which is one of our family traditions. Our guests have been raving about the food and the entire event ever since, and we owe much of this to Karen and her team. We highly recommend Blackstone!!

Kayla · Married on 09/22/2018

Beyond happy with my catering choice!

I couldn't possibly put into words how amazing Karen was to work with! Karen and Blackstone Caterers were amazing from start to finish. Our tasting was above and beyond, for example, my gluten free nut free mother in law came just to be a part of it but Karen went above and beyond to make sure she enjoyed the tasting just as much as everyone else. The food was amazing at the tasting and amazing at the wedding, which doesn't always happen. I didn't hear a guest who didn't enjoy their meal and my mother happened to noticed several clean plates which is also not very common in my experience. But above all that, Karen helped me through majority of the planning process and I couldn't have done it without her help. It was so nice to work with someone who offered insight, suggestions, and ideas on things that may not have been in the area of which I was paying her for. She answered all of my questions, was extremely organized which was relieving many times on my end, and was always so pleasant to talk to and work with. Sure, may be slightly more expensive if you're comparing to other catering options but one thousand percent worth it.

• Jenna

Jenna · Married on 08/18/2018

Delicious and vegan options available!

I worked with Danielle to cater a 100 person guest list. As the groom and I were both vegans, we had a lot of back and forth communication regarding appetizers, etc. Danielle was amazing, replying quickly and was truly so accommodating to all of my requests and emails! And of course the best part was the food - the guests raved at how delicious everything came out. We even used them for desserts and they provided such an impressive variety that nothing went to waste! I would highly recommend Blackstone and would love to use them in the future.

David · Married on 06/02/2018

Blackstone catering was incredible. The food was amazing. Karen was so responsive and able to accommodate all of our requests. The passed hors d’oeuvres, the signature cocktail, the dinner, and the desserts were all wonderful, and we received lots of compliments from our guests about the food. We would highly recommend Blackstone.

• W

Whitney · Married on 05/19/2018

We cannot speak more highly of Blackstone! The food was incredible, all of our guests were blown away by the quality and uniqueness of our stations. The staff was efficient, friendly and professional. Danielle and her team did a fantastic job putting together a perfect day for us. All of our needs were met and we did not have a single worry the entire day. Everyone warned me that I would not have time to eat on my wedding day, but that was NO problem for me due to the excellent service and amazing food, I was stuffed! We would recommend them to anyone in a heartbeat- best caterers in the area!

Helena · Married on 10/21/2017

Allow me to begin by saying that the food was exceptional! Over and over again, our guests were marveling at how delicious and wonderful the meal was. The appetizers and Rhode Island Station were fabulous, guest enjoyed everything but were trying to pace themselves so that they would have enough room for dinner! Not only was the food fresh and delicious, the presentation was gorgeous as well. But as well all know, there is far more to catering than just the food…. Please allow me to commend the staff at Blackstone for their outstanding level of service, attention to detail, and perfect execution. Immediately after the ceremony, the bridal party was greeted with servers bearing the signature cocktail and appetizers!! Honestly, we felt like we were being pampered by a team of beautiful, smiling, magicians who were always there when you needed them but never in the way. Everyone on their staff knew exactly what to do and when to do it. Not once did we have to worry about a single detail, it was all perfectly executed in an elegant and sophisticated manner!

Not being from Rhode Island ourselves, we are so grateful that we listened to the recommendation to use Blackstone for our event. After our first-hand experience, I certainly now know why Blackstone is the premiere caterer in Rhode Island, a reputation that is well deserved!

So once again, thank you for providing our guests with a beautiful event, it was flawless!!

Rachael · Married on 10/08/2017

We got married in Newport about 3 weeks ago, and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. We worked with Danielle throughout the entire planning process, and she was truly amazing, accommodating every single one of our requests (including a last minute request to serve iced coffee at the reception which was a total hit!). Her entire staff was extremely pleasant to deal with, and our guests continue to tell us rave reviews about the staff and more importantly, the food! I had people telling me they practically licked their plates clean the food was so good! I would recommend Blackstone to anyone hosting an event in the RI area. A big thank you to Danielle and team for everything!!

Steph · Married on 09/23/2017

The opportunity to ‘wow’ our guests through locally sourced means, providing a ‘taste of Rhode Island’ and showing our friends and family why we love to call lil’ Rhody our home, Blackstone Caterers delivered. Karen was a completely pleasure to work with, her infectious smile and lovable laugh, she worked with us constantly throughout, answering our thoughts, questions, and concerns promptly. Scheduled, constructive meetings followed by our tasting, we were able to work with Karen to the very last minute on our wedding. An accompaniment of linens and china, plenty of culinary options to choose to tailor to the season, in our case between Summer and Autumn, familiar and able to work with our other vendors, there was not one discouraging comment from our friends and family, in fact, they can’t stop talking about it. The setup and décor simply beautiful, the food presentation (cocktail hour, passed hors d’oeuvres, and plated dinner) spectacular, the staff meticulous, tailored, and definitely on foot and knee for our guests, hands down, we highly recommend Blackstone Caterers.

Blackstone Caterers 9
    Blackstone Caterers 14
    Blackstone Caterers 15
    Blackstone Caterers 16

Lori · Married on 09/16/2017

The food, service, staff and professionalism that Blackstone provided at Blithewold for my daughter's wedding was outstanding! The cocktails, circulated appetizers, and entrees were delicious, were presented so elegantly and with such wonderful service. As the hostess, (mother of the bride), they couldn't do enough to make sure that I got the cocktail of my choice and continually offered me appetizers and dessert so I wouldn't need to fend for myself. Such a nice touch and of course this courtesy was extended to the bride and groom also. The timing of the the food was exactly as my daughter had indicated, so that the speeches and music could go on without interruption. Danielle was a superior event coordinator and from our initial meeting, during our fun morning at the tasting to the day of the wedding where she briefly sought me out, the attention to the wedding family and the service/food that day were excellent. Our guests were truly wowed by the spectacular food and presentation that Blackstone Caterers provided. Thanks for being such a delightful vendor contributing to our magical wedding. Additionally, we found the pricing and value related to the food and open bar to be very reasonable and worth every penny!

Andy · Married on 09/10/2017

Blackstone Caterers are top notch. We got so many compliments on the hors d'oeuvres, dinners, and especially the milk shake desserts. The quality of everything blew our socks off.

Karen and her staff were very organized and everything went off without a hitch. We did catch some errors with the food selections on the paperwork before the event, but everything was able to be cleared up pretty easily and quickly.

We did have a wedding party attendant that brought us drinks and food during photos. It was a very nice touch, and we would highly recommend them.

Cody · Married on 09/09/2017

Blackstone brought their A game to our wedding at the Meeting House in Tiverton, RI. We could not have hoped for a better caterer! Shannon, our coordinator, was so helpful throughout the entire planning process: happily answering my (million) questions, working with us to plan a menu that fit within our budget but still wow-ed our guests, helping us integrate personalized elements (hand scooped ice cream cones for dessert, our favorite craft beers, etc.) and giving us other useful tips along the way. Our actual wedding day went off without a hitch. Angela, the catering team lead, was great - she made sure to introduce herself to me when we arrived and seemed to have everything well under control. Both Shannon and Angela went above and beyond and even worked with my friends to tie up my ridiculous bustle, which I can't thank them enough for! The other catering staff were all extremely friendly and polished, they made sure that our guests were comfortable and well fed. Some feedback from our friends and family included: "We were stunned by the amount of food you guys had at the wedding!", "Everything was delicious", "The bartenders and servers were awesome!" "Can we get that lobster roll recipe?"...the list goes on. We priced out several vendors in the area and are so glad that we went with Blackstone. Everything was perfectly executed. Seriously, best catering option in Rhode Island...We cannot recommend this vendor more highly!

Laura · Married on 08/26/2017

Blackstone recently catered my daughter's wedding in Newport--and everything was exceptional! Our guests loved the passed hors d'ouvres and Dels and vodka on the beach after the ceremony. For the reception, instead of doing a plated dinner, we opted to go with three amazing food stations. This got out guests up out our their chairs circulating--and people loved that they could try a little of everything and go back for seconds--and thirds and fourths! The Rhode Island station with mini fish and chips, chowder, stuffies and lobster rolls was a particular hit. From the quality of the food to the presentation to the service, Blackstone delivered. They also handled the cake, linens and the bar, which made planning and coordinating the wedding so much easier. #HighlyRecommend

Mj · Married on 08/05/2017

Blackstone will go above and beyond for you. If they're available on your wedding date, book them! They catered our August wedding at the Blithewold Mansion near Newport. Everything was absolute perfection! We worked with Karen and she was a delight and super responsive. They set up all of our tables for the reception. We had lanterns, candles, greenery, and table numbers, as well as seating cards. I was a little worried- would it all be set up correctly? It looked like perfection when we got them, the team at Blackstone are truly professionals. After the ceremony, my wedding party was taking photos and they bought us all over apps and cocktails (since we were missing cocktail hour). When my husband and I sat for dinner there was a plate of every appetizer from cocktail hour there as well (we missed the whole hour for photos), which was a nice surprise. They gave us a point person who was there helping everything run smoothly- though we honestly didn't need to find them once because the whole thing went off without a hitch. All our guests complimented the food as well.. Tip- get the lobster mash potatoes!

Courtney · Married on 07/15/2017

Deciding to go with Blackstone was one of the best choices we made for our wedding. Blackstone really helped put the wedding day together for us, and handled our numerous questions and emails with professionalism, kindness and an eagerness to help us. We felt like Karen was in our corner, and was working exclusively on our wedding, and our wedding alone.

It should also be noted that their patience and professionalism was exercised when creating a completely gluten-free experience. Everything from the raw bar and passed hors d'oeuvre, down to the cake and French macaroons were celiac friendly. This was paramount as the Bride was allergic (and also extremely paranoid of being glutenized on her wedding day ☺).

With Blackstone, not only did we get an amazing caterer, but we also had a day-of coordinator for the event, and another person to help the bride with anything she needed, but we also got a team of event planners that helped us with everything from handling the tent for the reception (we had an outdoor wedding), to ordering additional, outdoor bathrooms, to coordinating torches and lighting, to handling seating for the ceremony. Basically, if no other vendors showed up, we would still have had a beautiful, smoothly run wedding day. And did we mention the food? Because every single one of our guests did! The food was quite simply, amazing.

If we could do it again, we would go with Blackstone every single time.

Amanda · Married on 06/24/2017

Where do I even begin?! Shannon and her team at Blackstone Caterers are the real deal. From very early on, Shannon was extremely responsive, patient and accommodating to all of my requests (and I had a lot of them!) From our first phone call I knew that we were in the best hands and that I could trust her and her team to pull off our vision - and they did! I really can't say enough about Shannon's patience and responsiveness. Even if she wasn't in the office or available to answer my question, she would respond right away to let me know that she would follow up ASAP. This type of service is so important during wedding planning when there are so many moving parts and so many details to navigate. I had so many last minute requests and changes and Shannon was always accommodating. My mom was worried about the set-up of some of our DIY projects and items we brought from home but Shannon set them all up perfectly - we were all so impressed! She also organized all of our rentals and deliveries which was a great added bonus and one less stress that I had to manage. The food was phenomenal - Shannon worked with me on the menu to make sure it was exactly what we wanted and offered suggestions to make our menu perfection. We added in a raw bar and our guests raved about the presentation and deliciousness - it was the highlight of our wedding for a lot of our guests! I really can't say enough about the deliciousness! Our guests also commented on how classy and responsive the caterers were the day of the wedding - the service was top notch! I highly recommend Blackstone to all brides looking for an organized, delicious, professional caterer. I could go on and on about how happy I am with Blackstone caterers and Shannon - I could not have pulled off my wedding without Shannon and her Blackstone team. Everything was beyond perfection and I am so happy that I got the chance to work with them!

Kelleigh · Married on 06/24/2017

If you want to eat on your wedding day this is the vendor to go with. The food was delicious and we got to enjoy it all! Even if we had not been able to enjoy the appetizers during the cocktail hour we would have gotten to taste them because they had extras of each type waiting at our seats. We were almost too full to even eat our dinner! We had chosen some desserts to have with a small wedding cake to cut but the wedding cake turned out to be delicious on top of giving us something to cut for pictures. Scott made sure we had what we needed the day of. Lastly Shannon was FANTASTIC! She quickly responded to emails and was always helpful and making me feel like I was in good hands. The day was timed out perfectly and I think that is because Blackstone knows what they are doing and why they are known as one of the best caterers in the area. You can not go wrong with Blackstone you will have delicious food and receive impeccable service.

Taryn · Married on 06/23/2017

I am so glad that we went with Blackstone for our wedding catering! Working with Karen was a dream: she is very quick to respond and easy to talk to, flexible, experienced, and funny, too! One example is that we opted to do a buffet and my mom was concerned about the amount of food, so Karen worked with us to add a pasta option for free, which was very generous and put my mom's mind at ease. During the wedding, Karen and her staff made sure my husband and I were taken care of (which was truly the only way we were able to eat!), handled guest service very professionally, and all of the food was delicious. (If you can, get the salmon entree!) While they might be a little more expensive than other caterers, they are completely worth it. Karen and her team made it so we weren't worried about the food and drinks at all, and could just sit back and enjoy the evening! Thank you, Blackstone!

Jennifer · Married on 06/23/2017

I have been postponing writing this review because I'm having such a hard time finding words to describe this wonderful team. From day one Karen and the rest of the Blackstone team was incredible to work with.

We wanted to do a tasting before booking with any caterer, because we did not want typical wedding food. They worked with us on the cocktail hour food and on the main entrees, to customize everything to what we wanted.

As the planning process went on, they helped us work on every little detail. As I didn't have a wedding planner, I really appreciated all the little tips Blackstone gave us. The same can be said for the wedding day: they literally thought of every single little detail to ensure that everyone has a fantastic experience.

All our guests were saying that they were blown away my how incredible the food was. And the service was just as fantastic. They especially paid attention to myself and the groom. There was always a glass of champagne in my hand, they put aside food from the cocktail hour for us; sent up drinks before the ceremony, etc. They also helped us set up the cigar and scotch bar; and served our guests with our special wine pairing request. They even provided special desert wine glasses, that the rental company did not have available.

As our wedding was on the smaller side (approx. 55 people) - we were concerned that some vendors may not want to spend the time to customize everything. But Blackstone made us feel like our event was the most important one of the year. They cooked traditional ethnic dishes for us that are not typically on their menu to allow us to make our day truly unique.

Of course their usual stations were fresh and delicious as well. We had the tuscan table and the raw bar, as well as the cheesecake station.

All in all, i would absolutely recommend this company. Both food and service exceeded my expectations.

Emily · Married on 05/27/2017

I feel very lucky that we found Danielle at Blackstone Caterers for our wedding and reception. Danielle was truly the consummate professional - she handled everything so calmly and smoothly. And she helped us with so much more than just the catering -- we were a bit overwhelmed as we were having the wedding at our home, and she helped by referring us to a number of vendors, coordinating with them, and answering tons of questions that we had. She was also there on the day of to make sure that everything went smoothly. She is a warm and lovely person, who clearly loves what she does, and it shows. And the food itself was delicious! In addition, the staff was terrific and we got lots of compliments on both the food and service. And they did a great job of clean-up, so that there was nothing for me to do after they left. It was a great experience from start to finish, and I can't recommend Danielle and Blackstone highly enough!