Blackstone Caterers Reviews

Blackstone Caterers 5
Blackstone Caterers 6
Blackstone Caterers 7

Arielle W · Married on 09/29/2019

Amazing experience with Blackstone!

I am recently married and we used Blackstone as our caterers. From the beginning of the planning process up until the wedding, Danielle was such was a pleasure to work with. Very quick to respond and extremely friendly! We had a great time at our food tasting, it was hard choosing since all the food was tasty. At the wedding, all of our guests raved about the food!

Sent on 09/28/2019

Blackstone Caterers's reply:

Thank you so much Arielle! We are so happy to have exceeded you and your family's expectations on your special day!
  • Thomas

Thomas Benning · Married on 09/22/2019

5 Star Service for a 5 Star Wedding

Blackstone is incredible. They’ve been great to work with from the initial concept and layout of our wedding to the tasting, to logistics, to the service at our wedding to the rave reviews all of our guests had about the food, they’ve been so easy and fun to work with. Karen T was so helpful and thoughtful during our planning process and allowed us to bring my wife’s mother along for our tasting. While I thought the tasting was going to be hard to beat, the food and service our wedding was even better. They had hors d'oeuvres and drinks waiting for our bridal party immediately after the ceremony which everyone loved and appreciated (we killed 3 platters of lobster roles alone). Our guests not only raves about the meal but also how professional and impeccable the service was all night. They even made sure that my wife and I each got two of the appetizers and two of the desserts at our table which was a great touch.

Blackstone is far from the cheapest option, but from a value standpoint, I’d quality food and impeccable service are what you want for your wedding, then you won’t be able to beat Blackstone.

Sent on 10/10/2019

Blackstone Caterers's reply:

Thank you so much for the very thoughtful review, Thomas! Karen said it was a pleasure working with you and Katherine on your special day! Congratulations, again!

Julia · Married on 09/07/2019

Hire Blackstone!!!

I can't say enough about Blackstone Caterers and Shannon. We honestly hired Blackstone because of Shannon- we could tell from the first time we met Shannon that she was passionate about her clients and that she would get the job done. Throughout the wedding planning process Shannon was on top of EVERYTHING - from choosing a tent and linens to choosing the menu to customizing our open bar, she led us through a stress free process and truly had our best interest in mind. She was there on our wedding day making sure that everything was set up correctly and that we had everything we needed. I wish I could go back in time just so I could work with Shannon again. Hire them, they are the best in the business!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Blackstone Caterers's reply:

What a beautiful testimonial, Julia! Thank you very much and Shannon loved working with your towards your wedding!
  • Samantha

Samantha Scinta · Married on 09/01/2019

Amazing Food and Experience!

Blackstone truly made our wedding reception as spectacular as it was! From the very beginning right through to the week before, and the day of, their team made every effort to meet all of our requests and cater to our specific needs. Karen is especially talented and amazing to work with - she understood my vision right from the beginning, and executed it perfectly! All of the selections at our tasting were so delicious, it was hard to choose one dish over another. The wedding day food met all of our expectations and more, and we received so many compliments on the delicious food, drinks - and especially the raw bar! Blackstone are true professionals, who know how to throw an amazing wedding. They go above and beyond to make everything come together - from the linens and table settings, to the extra decor items, to delicious, creative food and fantastic service and collaboration, I truly cannot recommend them enough for your special day! Thank you for everything - and for making our wedding what it was!!!

Sent on 09/17/2019

Blackstone Caterers's reply:

Thank you so much for this beautiful review, Samantha! It was a pleasure to be a part of your special day, Karen loved working with you!

Danielle · Married on 08/30/2019

Above and Beyond Caterer!

Blackstone is amazing!! From the second I spoke to Shannon Driscoll to get a quote and menu options I knew I had to work with Blackstone! Shannon was there every step of the way from selecting the menu to the food tasting, to selecting linens, china and other vendors. She was extremely responsive to my emails and phone calls and made my wedding planning so easy! Since my wedding was a destination Shannon allowed my fiancé and I to order items and mail them to her. She was just above and beyond!! The most amazing part was that Blackstone had duplications of all the food selections in GF version since I’m allergic to gluten and surprised me with this at my wedding! I can’t recommend Blackstone enough and I want to plan another event just to work with them again! Thank you Blackstone and Shannon for making my wedding day so perfect!

Sent on 09/06/2019

Blackstone Caterers's reply:

Congratulations Danielle and thank you so much for the kind words! Shannon loved planning your wedding!

Kc Haggerty · Married on 08/03/2019

The Best!!

I honestly can't speak highly enough of Blackstone! Working with them was easy and effortless from the start. We worked with Karen, who is now the owner, and she is seriously the best!! She always answered my emails in a timely manner, was extremely helpful and was able to really help my vision come to life. It is really helpful that Blackstone acts as the liaison between you and the rental company to pick out linens and table settings etc. It made my life so much easier to have everyone on the same page and connected. On our wedding day the food and signature drinks were unbelievable. We have had so many of our guests tell us that we had the best food they have ever had at a wedding! My husband and I were really impressed with how thoughtful the staff was. We had a ton of food from cocktail hour waiting for us in our bridal suite after we took our pictures and then all night long the attendant was always getting us anything we needed without us even asking! Blackstone goes above and beyond to make sure your wedding day is perfect in every way! Blackstone is the best of the best!

Sent on 09/02/2019

Blackstone Caterers's reply:

Thank you so much for the glowing testimony, KC! It was a pleasure to be a part of your special day and hope to celebrate again with you soon!
  • Ashley Girten

Ashley · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing food!!!

We worked with Danielle Costa at Blackstone to cater our wedding. From beginning to end, everything was absolutely amazing! Our tasting with her was great; she let us try sooo many options and worked with us to customize each dish to our exact tastes. She was so flexible, informative, and helpful that planning our menu was actually one of the easiest tasks I had while wedding planning. She even acted as the liaison for our rentals (linens, plates, and furniture), which made it so much easier having just have 1 person to take care of everything. She had wonderful suggestions for ways to make our wedding special - suggestions about how to setup our dessert table, flower garnishes for passed cocktails, timing and order of how the food was served, a champagne tower, and she even agreed to dye the cream in our cannolis pink to match our theme! The day of our wedding she was right there making sure everything was executed seamlessly. The waitstaff was phenomenal - glasses were never empty, service was fast and seamless, they were able to articulate every ingredient to our guests with food restrictions, and were so polite and friendly. Literally every single guest told us how amazing the food was. Danielle and Blackstone made everything absolutely perfect for us!!

Sent on 06/26/2019
    Blackstone Caterers 17
    Blackstone Caterers 18
    Blackstone Caterers 19

Blackstone Caterers's reply:

Thank you so much for the beautiful testimony, Ashley! We are so happy to have made your day perfect and wish you nothing but the best!
  • Jaylene

Jaylene · Married on 04/06/2019

Made my garden wedding dreams come true!

Karen at Blackstone was amazing from the first time I reached out to her. She was able to answer every question and fulfill every request! She was able to coordinate to handle not only our catering but also our cake and rentals. This saved me so much time and hassle! The food was absolutely incredible and had our guests raving and the service was second to none. Not only were my husband and I well cared for with a personal server all night who ensured we were able to actually eat the food we selected but the other wait staff were attentive to all our guest's needs. The night ran so smoothly and exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 04/18/2019
    Blackstone Caterers 20
    Blackstone Caterers 21

Blackstone Caterers's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time for this nice review, Jaylene! We were lucky to have been a part of your special day!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 12/08/2018

Amazing Service!

Danielle and everyone at Blackstone were absolutely incredible to work with from start to finish! Danielle was so professional, prompt and quick to answer any questions we had in customizing our perfect menu. As we got closer, Danielle met with me to discuss linens and napkins as well as helped to display decor and favors. She worked with me to help accommodate some guests who had allergies and even when a few guests could not make it last minute. She was always assured, easy-going and helped to keep me calm. The team was fabulous the night of our wedding from service, to professionalism to quality and value. The food was OUTSTANDING. Everyone of our guests raved about how delicious the food was from the appetizers to the entrees being cooked perfectly and warm! My husband and I never had to ask for anything and all of our guests felt the service was 5 star. If you are looking for amazing food, amazing service and amazing value, look no further, Blackstone is the obvious choice. Thank you Danielle and team, you helped to make our evening the most magical yet!

Sent on 12/18/2018
    Blackstone Caterers 22

Blackstone Caterers's reply:

This review warms our hearts! Thank you so much, Jennifer and we wish you all of the happiness as a newlywed!
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing!!!

I cannot say enough amazing things about Blackstone Caterers! Shannon went above and beyond consistently. She answered our silliest questions at all times of day and was the most pleasant and professional person ever. Leading up to the wedding she was amazing- from emails to our tasting we were so lucky to be working with her! Our wedding day went flawlessly- there was always someone asking if we needed anything and even a server right there to give our bridal party food immediately after the ceremony. Nikki was our bridal attendant and is one of the sweetest people ever. Every person we interacted with was incredible.
    And the food? Amazing! We heard nothing but compliments on everything from the main course to the desserts. We did stations but Nikki made sure we got something to eat and they kept setting some of everything on our table so we would get a chance to try everything. It was all delicious and our friends and family are still raving about the food.
    I would recommend them without a single hesitation. Definitely request Shannon- she will make your event incredible!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Blackstone Caterers's reply:

Wow! Thank you so much, Melissa for this beautiful review. We were honored to be a part of the biggest day of your life!

Katie · Married on 10/13/2018

Blackstone Caterers MADE our wedding day

Blackstone Caterers worked with us for our wedding at the Herreshoff Marine Museum in October 2018 and they were seriously top notch! From the very beginning, Danielle worked with us to make sure that every detail of our day was thoughtfully planned and organized. We didn't have a wedding coordinator and since we were wedding novices, I'm sure that Danielle did a lot more for us than most other caterers do. She delightfully and patiently answered every question, no matter how big or small, that we had and I can't say how much I appreciated that. She made accommodations for us like scheduling our tasting on a day that they normally do not schedule them, since my family was visiting from out of town that did not go unnoticed. Also, everyone RAVED about the food at our wedding. The staff at our wedding made sure that we were well taken care of all night. As we walked into cocktail hour, we were handed drinks right away and there was and entire plate of appetizers waiting for us at our table as we sat down for dinner. Cindy, who was the on-site manager the day-of, did such an incredible job. Lastly, weddings are expensive and catering is typically one of the larger checks you have to write, but Blackstone was worth every single penny. Thank you again, Danielle and Cindy!

Sent on 11/04/2018

Blackstone Caterers's reply:

Thank you so much for the beautiful testimony, Katie! We are so happy to have made your day perfect and wish you nothing but the best!
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/13/2018

A dream to work with!

Shannon and the Blackstone team were absolutely incredible to work with from start to finish. Shannon went above any beyond to make sure everything little detail we discussed was executed perfectly on our big day. More importantly, she was extremely professional and helpful throughout all of our prep calls, tasting, and final planning. I truly cannot say enough great things about working with her. She and the team were instrumental in helping us bring our vision to life. All of our guests raved about the food - especially the appetizers and cocktails! I would highly recommend using Blackstone for your next event - they are worth every penny!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Blackstone Caterers's reply:

Thank you so much, Lauren! It was such a pleasure to be a part of your & Devon's special day. It was stunning!

Alison Rhodes · Married on 10/12/2018

Incredible food with exceptional service

We cannot recommend Blackstone highly enough. Karen was our point-person throughout the planning process, and she was a dream to work with. She was so excited for us, extremely kind, replied to all our questions immediately, and went above and beyond to ensure our day was perfect (she's part of the catering team and was setting up ceremony chairs the day of the wedding!). The Blackstone team was friendly and efficient, and several people have told us the food at our event was the "best food I've ever had at a wedding." The Blackstone crew pampered us, following us with champagne and snacks as we did our final photos post-ceremony and checking in throughout the night to make sure we had everything we needed and wanted. Food is important to us (and to a good event!), and we could not be happier with our choice to hire Blackstone. We're so grateful for their wonderful service!

Sent on 10/28/2018

Blackstone Caterers's reply:

This was such a beautiful review, Alison! Thank you so much for all of the kind compliments and we wish you a lifetime of happiness!
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Zurek · Married on 09/23/2018

Seasonal cuisine at its best

Blackstone catered our wedding at Blithewold Mansion at the end of September. They are one of three exclusive caterers for this venue. They have an extensive seasonal menu and were a pleasure to work with. Karen Riley Tungett was our contact at Blackstone. It was a joy to work with Karen. From day one, she was extremely communicative and enthusiastic about helping us plan. We did a tasting in June and were blown away by the selections. The flavors were complex and the presentations were beautiful. Because Blackstone has a history of working at Blithewold, Karen was able to guide us in planning the entire event. On the wedding day, Karen and her staff were wonderful. They were extremely attentive to our needs and to our guests’ needs. We had a family-style meal service and they were able to accommodate everyone’s food allergies. They also arranged plates full of homemade cookies, which is one of our family traditions. Our guests have been raving about the food and the entire event ever since, and we owe much of this to Karen and her team. We highly recommend Blackstone!!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Blackstone Caterers's reply:

Thank you so much for the beautiful testimony, Stephanie! We are so happy to have made your day perfect (it was so colorful!) and wish you nothing but the best!

Kayla · Married on 09/22/2018

Beyond happy with my catering choice!

I couldn't possibly put into words how amazing Karen was to work with! Karen and Blackstone Caterers were amazing from start to finish. Our tasting was above and beyond, for example, my gluten free nut free mother in law came just to be a part of it but Karen went above and beyond to make sure she enjoyed the tasting just as much as everyone else. The food was amazing at the tasting and amazing at the wedding, which doesn't always happen. I didn't hear a guest who didn't enjoy their meal and my mother happened to noticed several clean plates which is also not very common in my experience. But above all that, Karen helped me through majority of the planning process and I couldn't have done it without her help. It was so nice to work with someone who offered insight, suggestions, and ideas on things that may not have been in the area of which I was paying her for. She answered all of my questions, was extremely organized which was relieving many times on my end, and was always so pleasant to talk to and work with. Sure, may be slightly more expensive if you're comparing to other catering options but one thousand percent worth it.

Sent on 10/23/2018

Blackstone Caterers's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this amazing review, Kayla! We were so lucky to have been a part of your special day.
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 08/18/2018

Delicious and vegan options available!

I worked with Danielle to cater a 100 person guest list. As the groom and I were both vegans, we had a lot of back and forth communication regarding appetizers, etc. Danielle was amazing, replying quickly and was truly so accommodating to all of my requests and emails! And of course the best part was the food - the guests raved at how delicious everything came out. We even used them for desserts and they provided such an impressive variety that nothing went to waste! I would highly recommend Blackstone and would love to use them in the future.

Sent on 10/19/2018

Blackstone Caterers's reply:

Thank you so much, Jenna! It was so lovely to have been a part of your wedding day and we hope to have you as a client in the future!

David · Married on 06/02/2018

Blackstone catering was incredible. The food was amazing. Karen was so responsive and able to accommodate all of our requests. The passed hors d’oeuvres, the signature cocktail, the dinner, and the desserts were all wonderful, and we received lots of compliments from our guests about the food. We would highly recommend Blackstone.

Sent on 06/23/2018
  • W

Whitney · Married on 05/19/2018

We cannot speak more highly of Blackstone! The food was incredible, all of our guests were blown away by the quality and uniqueness of our stations. The staff was efficient, friendly and professional. Danielle and her team did a fantastic job putting together a perfect day for us. All of our needs were met and we did not have a single worry the entire day. Everyone warned me that I would not have time to eat on my wedding day, but that was NO problem for me due to the excellent service and amazing food, I was stuffed! We would recommend them to anyone in a heartbeat- best caterers in the area!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Helena · Married on 10/21/2017

Allow me to begin by saying that the food was exceptional! Over and over again, our guests were marveling at how delicious and wonderful the meal was. The appetizers and Rhode Island Station were fabulous, guest enjoyed everything but were trying to pace themselves so that they would have enough room for dinner! Not only was the food fresh and delicious, the presentation was gorgeous as well. But as well all know, there is far more to catering than just the food…. Please allow me to commend the staff at Blackstone for their outstanding level of service, attention to detail, and perfect execution. Immediately after the ceremony, the bridal party was greeted with servers bearing the signature cocktail and appetizers!! Honestly, we felt like we were being pampered by a team of beautiful, smiling, magicians who were always there when you needed them but never in the way. Everyone on their staff knew exactly what to do and when to do it. Not once did we have to worry about a single detail, it was all perfectly executed in an elegant and sophisticated manner!

Not being from Rhode Island ourselves, we are so grateful that we listened to the recommendation to use Blackstone for our event. After our first-hand experience, I certainly now know why Blackstone is the premiere caterer in Rhode Island, a reputation that is well deserved!

So once again, thank you for providing our guests with a beautiful event, it was flawless!!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Rachael · Married on 10/08/2017

We got married in Newport about 3 weeks ago, and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. We worked with Danielle throughout the entire planning process, and she was truly amazing, accommodating every single one of our requests (including a last minute request to serve iced coffee at the reception which was a total hit!). Her entire staff was extremely pleasant to deal with, and our guests continue to tell us rave reviews about the staff and more importantly, the food! I had people telling me they practically licked their plates clean the food was so good! I would recommend Blackstone to anyone hosting an event in the RI area. A big thank you to Danielle and team for everything!!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Steph · Married on 09/23/2017

The opportunity to ‘wow’ our guests through locally sourced means, providing a ‘taste of Rhode Island’ and showing our friends and family why we love to call lil’ Rhody our home, Blackstone Caterers delivered. Karen was a completely pleasure to work with, her infectious smile and lovable laugh, she worked with us constantly throughout, answering our thoughts, questions, and concerns promptly. Scheduled, constructive meetings followed by our tasting, we were able to work with Karen to the very last minute on our wedding. An accompaniment of linens and china, plenty of culinary options to choose to tailor to the season, in our case between Summer and Autumn, familiar and able to work with our other vendors, there was not one discouraging comment from our friends and family, in fact, they can’t stop talking about it. The setup and décor simply beautiful, the food presentation (cocktail hour, passed hors d’oeuvres, and plated dinner) spectacular, the staff meticulous, tailored, and definitely on foot and knee for our guests, hands down, we highly recommend Blackstone Caterers.

Sent on 01/30/2018
    Blackstone Caterers 28
    Blackstone Caterers 29
    Blackstone Caterers 30

Lori · Married on 09/16/2017

The food, service, staff and professionalism that Blackstone provided at Blithewold for my daughter's wedding was outstanding! The cocktails, circulated appetizers, and entrees were delicious, were presented so elegantly and with such wonderful service. As the hostess, (mother of the bride), they couldn't do enough to make sure that I got the cocktail of my choice and continually offered me appetizers and dessert so I wouldn't need to fend for myself. Such a nice touch and of course this courtesy was extended to the bride and groom also. The timing of the the food was exactly as my daughter had indicated, so that the speeches and music could go on without interruption. Danielle was a superior event coordinator and from our initial meeting, during our fun morning at the tasting to the day of the wedding where she briefly sought me out, the attention to the wedding family and the service/food that day were excellent. Our guests were truly wowed by the spectacular food and presentation that Blackstone Caterers provided. Thanks for being such a delightful vendor contributing to our magical wedding. Additionally, we found the pricing and value related to the food and open bar to be very reasonable and worth every penny!

Sent on 10/05/2017

Andy · Married on 09/10/2017

Blackstone Caterers are top notch. We got so many compliments on the hors d'oeuvres, dinners, and especially the milk shake desserts. The quality of everything blew our socks off.

Karen and her staff were very organized and everything went off without a hitch. We did catch some errors with the food selections on the paperwork before the event, but everything was able to be cleared up pretty easily and quickly.

We did have a wedding party attendant that brought us drinks and food during photos. It was a very nice touch, and we would highly recommend them.

Sent on 10/11/2017

Cody · Married on 09/09/2017

Blackstone brought their A game to our wedding at the Meeting House in Tiverton, RI. We could not have hoped for a better caterer! Shannon, our coordinator, was so helpful throughout the entire planning process: happily answering my (million) questions, working with us to plan a menu that fit within our budget but still wow-ed our guests, helping us integrate personalized elements (hand scooped ice cream cones for dessert, our favorite craft beers, etc.) and giving us other useful tips along the way. Our actual wedding day went off without a hitch. Angela, the catering team lead, was great - she made sure to introduce herself to me when we arrived and seemed to have everything well under control. Both Shannon and Angela went above and beyond and even worked with my friends to tie up my ridiculous bustle, which I can't thank them enough for! The other catering staff were all extremely friendly and polished, they made sure that our guests were comfortable and well fed. Some feedback from our friends and family included: "We were stunned by the amount of food you guys had at the wedding!", "Everything was delicious", "The bartenders and servers were awesome!" "Can we get that lobster roll recipe?"...the list goes on. We priced out several vendors in the area and are so glad that we went with Blackstone. Everything was perfectly executed. Seriously, best catering option in Rhode Island...We cannot recommend this vendor more highly!

Sent on 09/17/2017

Laura · Married on 08/26/2017

Blackstone recently catered my daughter's wedding in Newport--and everything was exceptional! Our guests loved the passed hors d'ouvres and Dels and vodka on the beach after the ceremony. For the reception, instead of doing a plated dinner, we opted to go with three amazing food stations. This got out guests up out our their chairs circulating--and people loved that they could try a little of everything and go back for seconds--and thirds and fourths! The Rhode Island station with mini fish and chips, chowder, stuffies and lobster rolls was a particular hit. From the quality of the food to the presentation to the service, Blackstone delivered. They also handled the cake, linens and the bar, which made planning and coordinating the wedding so much easier. #HighlyRecommend

Sent on 08/29/2017