Blackstone Caterers Reviews

108 | Middletown, RI

108 Reviews for Blackstone Caterers

108 Blackstone Caterers Reviews

David · Married on 06/02/2018

Blackstone catering was incredible. The food was amazing. Karen was so responsive and able to accommodate all of our requests. The passed hors d’oeuvres, the signature cocktail, the dinner, and the desserts were all wonderful, and we received lots of compliments from our guests about the food. We would highly recommend Blackstone.

• W

Whitney · Married on 05/19/2018

We cannot speak more highly of Blackstone! The food was incredible, all of our guests were blown away by the quality and uniqueness of our stations. The staff was efficient, friendly and professional. Danielle and her team did a fantastic job putting together a perfect day for us. All of our needs were met and we did not have a single worry the entire day. Everyone warned me that I would not have time to eat on my wedding day, but that was NO problem for me due to the excellent service and amazing food, I was stuffed! We would recommend them to anyone in a heartbeat- best caterers in the area!

Helena · Married on 10/21/2017

Allow me to begin by saying that the food was exceptional! Over and over again, our guests were marveling at how delicious and wonderful the meal was. The appetizers and Rhode Island Station were fabulous, guest enjoyed everything but were trying to pace themselves so that they would have enough room for dinner! Not only was the food fresh and delicious, the presentation was gorgeous as well. But as well all know, there is far more to catering than just the food…. Please allow me to commend the staff at Blackstone for their outstanding level of service, attention to detail, and perfect execution. Immediately after the ceremony, the bridal party was greeted with servers bearing the signature cocktail and appetizers!! Honestly, we felt like we were being pampered by a team of beautiful, smiling, magicians who were always there when you needed them but never in the way. Everyone on their staff knew exactly what to do and when to do it. Not once did we have to worry about a single detail, it was all perfectly executed in an elegant and sophisticated manner!

Not being from Rhode Island ourselves, we are so grateful that we listened to the recommendation to use Blackstone for our event. After our first-hand experience, I certainly now know why Blackstone is the premiere caterer in Rhode Island, a reputation that is well deserved!

So once again, thank you for providing our guests with a beautiful event, it was flawless!!

Rachael · Married on 10/08/2017

We got married in Newport about 3 weeks ago, and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. We worked with Danielle throughout the entire planning process, and she was truly amazing, accommodating every single one of our requests (including a last minute request to serve iced coffee at the reception which was a total hit!). Her entire staff was extremely pleasant to deal with, and our guests continue to tell us rave reviews about the staff and more importantly, the food! I had people telling me they practically licked their plates clean the food was so good! I would recommend Blackstone to anyone hosting an event in the RI area. A big thank you to Danielle and team for everything!!

Steph · Married on 09/23/2017

The opportunity to ‘wow’ our guests through locally sourced means, providing a ‘taste of Rhode Island’ and showing our friends and family why we love to call lil’ Rhody our home, Blackstone Caterers delivered. Karen was a completely pleasure to work with, her infectious smile and lovable laugh, she worked with us constantly throughout, answering our thoughts, questions, and concerns promptly. Scheduled, constructive meetings followed by our tasting, we were able to work with Karen to the very last minute on our wedding. An accompaniment of linens and china, plenty of culinary options to choose to tailor to the season, in our case between Summer and Autumn, familiar and able to work with our other vendors, there was not one discouraging comment from our friends and family, in fact, they can’t stop talking about it. The setup and décor simply beautiful, the food presentation (cocktail hour, passed hors d’oeuvres, and plated dinner) spectacular, the staff meticulous, tailored, and definitely on foot and knee for our guests, hands down, we highly recommend Blackstone Caterers.

Blackstone Caterers 1
    Blackstone Caterers 6
    Blackstone Caterers 7
    Blackstone Caterers 8

Lori · Married on 09/16/2017

The food, service, staff and professionalism that Blackstone provided at Blithewold for my daughter's wedding was outstanding! The cocktails, circulated appetizers, and entrees were delicious, were presented so elegantly and with such wonderful service. As the hostess, (mother of the bride), they couldn't do enough to make sure that I got the cocktail of my choice and continually offered me appetizers and dessert so I wouldn't need to fend for myself. Such a nice touch and of course this courtesy was extended to the bride and groom also. The timing of the the food was exactly as my daughter had indicated, so that the speeches and music could go on without interruption. Danielle was a superior event coordinator and from our initial meeting, during our fun morning at the tasting to the day of the wedding where she briefly sought me out, the attention to the wedding family and the service/food that day were excellent. Our guests were truly wowed by the spectacular food and presentation that Blackstone Caterers provided. Thanks for being such a delightful vendor contributing to our magical wedding. Additionally, we found the pricing and value related to the food and open bar to be very reasonable and worth every penny!

Andy · Married on 09/10/2017

Blackstone Caterers are top notch. We got so many compliments on the hors d'oeuvres, dinners, and especially the milk shake desserts. The quality of everything blew our socks off.

Karen and her staff were very organized and everything went off without a hitch. We did catch some errors with the food selections on the paperwork before the event, but everything was able to be cleared up pretty easily and quickly.

We did have a wedding party attendant that brought us drinks and food during photos. It was a very nice touch, and we would highly recommend them.

Cody · Married on 09/09/2017

Blackstone brought their A game to our wedding at the Meeting House in Tiverton, RI. We could not have hoped for a better caterer! Shannon, our coordinator, was so helpful throughout the entire planning process: happily answering my (million) questions, working with us to plan a menu that fit within our budget but still wow-ed our guests, helping us integrate personalized elements (hand scooped ice cream cones for dessert, our favorite craft beers, etc.) and giving us other useful tips along the way. Our actual wedding day went off without a hitch. Angela, the catering team lead, was great - she made sure to introduce herself to me when we arrived and seemed to have everything well under control. Both Shannon and Angela went above and beyond and even worked with my friends to tie up my ridiculous bustle, which I can't thank them enough for! The other catering staff were all extremely friendly and polished, they made sure that our guests were comfortable and well fed. Some feedback from our friends and family included: "We were stunned by the amount of food you guys had at the wedding!", "Everything was delicious", "The bartenders and servers were awesome!" "Can we get that lobster roll recipe?"...the list goes on. We priced out several vendors in the area and are so glad that we went with Blackstone. Everything was perfectly executed. Seriously, best catering option in Rhode Island...We cannot recommend this vendor more highly!

Laura · Married on 08/26/2017

Blackstone recently catered my daughter's wedding in Newport--and everything was exceptional! Our guests loved the passed hors d'ouvres and Dels and vodka on the beach after the ceremony. For the reception, instead of doing a plated dinner, we opted to go with three amazing food stations. This got out guests up out our their chairs circulating--and people loved that they could try a little of everything and go back for seconds--and thirds and fourths! The Rhode Island station with mini fish and chips, chowder, stuffies and lobster rolls was a particular hit. From the quality of the food to the presentation to the service, Blackstone delivered. They also handled the cake, linens and the bar, which made planning and coordinating the wedding so much easier. #HighlyRecommend

Mj · Married on 08/05/2017

Blackstone will go above and beyond for you. If they're available on your wedding date, book them! They catered our August wedding at the Blithewold Mansion near Newport. Everything was absolute perfection! We worked with Karen and she was a delight and super responsive. They set up all of our tables for the reception. We had lanterns, candles, greenery, and table numbers, as well as seating cards. I was a little worried- would it all be set up correctly? It looked like perfection when we got them, the team at Blackstone are truly professionals. After the ceremony, my wedding party was taking photos and they bought us all over apps and cocktails (since we were missing cocktail hour). When my husband and I sat for dinner there was a plate of every appetizer from cocktail hour there as well (we missed the whole hour for photos), which was a nice surprise. They gave us a point person who was there helping everything run smoothly- though we honestly didn't need to find them once because the whole thing went off without a hitch. All our guests complimented the food as well.. Tip- get the lobster mash potatoes!

Courtney · Married on 07/15/2017

Deciding to go with Blackstone was one of the best choices we made for our wedding. Blackstone really helped put the wedding day together for us, and handled our numerous questions and emails with professionalism, kindness and an eagerness to help us. We felt like Karen was in our corner, and was working exclusively on our wedding, and our wedding alone.

It should also be noted that their patience and professionalism was exercised when creating a completely gluten-free experience. Everything from the raw bar and passed hors d'oeuvre, down to the cake and French macaroons were celiac friendly. This was paramount as the Bride was allergic (and also extremely paranoid of being glutenized on her wedding day ☺).

With Blackstone, not only did we get an amazing caterer, but we also had a day-of coordinator for the event, and another person to help the bride with anything she needed, but we also got a team of event planners that helped us with everything from handling the tent for the reception (we had an outdoor wedding), to ordering additional, outdoor bathrooms, to coordinating torches and lighting, to handling seating for the ceremony. Basically, if no other vendors showed up, we would still have had a beautiful, smoothly run wedding day. And did we mention the food? Because every single one of our guests did! The food was quite simply, amazing.

If we could do it again, we would go with Blackstone every single time.

Amanda · Married on 06/24/2017

Where do I even begin?! Shannon and her team at Blackstone Caterers are the real deal. From very early on, Shannon was extremely responsive, patient and accommodating to all of my requests (and I had a lot of them!) From our first phone call I knew that we were in the best hands and that I could trust her and her team to pull off our vision - and they did! I really can't say enough about Shannon's patience and responsiveness. Even if she wasn't in the office or available to answer my question, she would respond right away to let me know that she would follow up ASAP. This type of service is so important during wedding planning when there are so many moving parts and so many details to navigate. I had so many last minute requests and changes and Shannon was always accommodating. My mom was worried about the set-up of some of our DIY projects and items we brought from home but Shannon set them all up perfectly - we were all so impressed! She also organized all of our rentals and deliveries which was a great added bonus and one less stress that I had to manage. The food was phenomenal - Shannon worked with me on the menu to make sure it was exactly what we wanted and offered suggestions to make our menu perfection. We added in a raw bar and our guests raved about the presentation and deliciousness - it was the highlight of our wedding for a lot of our guests! I really can't say enough about the deliciousness! Our guests also commented on how classy and responsive the caterers were the day of the wedding - the service was top notch! I highly recommend Blackstone to all brides looking for an organized, delicious, professional caterer. I could go on and on about how happy I am with Blackstone caterers and Shannon - I could not have pulled off my wedding without Shannon and her Blackstone team. Everything was beyond perfection and I am so happy that I got the chance to work with them!

Kelleigh · Married on 06/24/2017

If you want to eat on your wedding day this is the vendor to go with. The food was delicious and we got to enjoy it all! Even if we had not been able to enjoy the appetizers during the cocktail hour we would have gotten to taste them because they had extras of each type waiting at our seats. We were almost too full to even eat our dinner! We had chosen some desserts to have with a small wedding cake to cut but the wedding cake turned out to be delicious on top of giving us something to cut for pictures. Scott made sure we had what we needed the day of. Lastly Shannon was FANTASTIC! She quickly responded to emails and was always helpful and making me feel like I was in good hands. The day was timed out perfectly and I think that is because Blackstone knows what they are doing and why they are known as one of the best caterers in the area. You can not go wrong with Blackstone you will have delicious food and receive impeccable service.

Taryn · Married on 06/23/2017

I am so glad that we went with Blackstone for our wedding catering! Working with Karen was a dream: she is very quick to respond and easy to talk to, flexible, experienced, and funny, too! One example is that we opted to do a buffet and my mom was concerned about the amount of food, so Karen worked with us to add a pasta option for free, which was very generous and put my mom's mind at ease. During the wedding, Karen and her staff made sure my husband and I were taken care of (which was truly the only way we were able to eat!), handled guest service very professionally, and all of the food was delicious. (If you can, get the salmon entree!) While they might be a little more expensive than other caterers, they are completely worth it. Karen and her team made it so we weren't worried about the food and drinks at all, and could just sit back and enjoy the evening! Thank you, Blackstone!

Jennifer · Married on 06/23/2017

I have been postponing writing this review because I'm having such a hard time finding words to describe this wonderful team. From day one Karen and the rest of the Blackstone team was incredible to work with.

We wanted to do a tasting before booking with any caterer, because we did not want typical wedding food. They worked with us on the cocktail hour food and on the main entrees, to customize everything to what we wanted.

As the planning process went on, they helped us work on every little detail. As I didn't have a wedding planner, I really appreciated all the little tips Blackstone gave us. The same can be said for the wedding day: they literally thought of every single little detail to ensure that everyone has a fantastic experience.

All our guests were saying that they were blown away my how incredible the food was. And the service was just as fantastic. They especially paid attention to myself and the groom. There was always a glass of champagne in my hand, they put aside food from the cocktail hour for us; sent up drinks before the ceremony, etc. They also helped us set up the cigar and scotch bar; and served our guests with our special wine pairing request. They even provided special desert wine glasses, that the rental company did not have available.

As our wedding was on the smaller side (approx. 55 people) - we were concerned that some vendors may not want to spend the time to customize everything. But Blackstone made us feel like our event was the most important one of the year. They cooked traditional ethnic dishes for us that are not typically on their menu to allow us to make our day truly unique.

Of course their usual stations were fresh and delicious as well. We had the tuscan table and the raw bar, as well as the cheesecake station.

All in all, i would absolutely recommend this company. Both food and service exceeded my expectations.

Emily · Married on 05/27/2017

I feel very lucky that we found Danielle at Blackstone Caterers for our wedding and reception. Danielle was truly the consummate professional - she handled everything so calmly and smoothly. And she helped us with so much more than just the catering -- we were a bit overwhelmed as we were having the wedding at our home, and she helped by referring us to a number of vendors, coordinating with them, and answering tons of questions that we had. She was also there on the day of to make sure that everything went smoothly. She is a warm and lovely person, who clearly loves what she does, and it shows. And the food itself was delicious! In addition, the staff was terrific and we got lots of compliments on both the food and service. And they did a great job of clean-up, so that there was nothing for me to do after they left. It was a great experience from start to finish, and I can't recommend Danielle and Blackstone highly enough!

Caitlin · Married on 05/06/2017

I can't even begin to describe the incredible experience we had when working with Blackstone. We had the pleasure of working with Karen, and after our first meeting, I knew that no matter what else I did, my wedding would be incredible because she would be a part of it. Karen and her team are beyond professional, and they made the entire planning process so much fun. Karen was so patient with me when I was making all of our meal choices and helped me to come up with a menu that would suit guest food allergies and dietary restrictions, while still making sure that my husband and I loved the selections we chose. The food - I should mention - is INCREDIBLE. The shrimp at the raw bar were the best I've ever had, and as the bride, I actually got to eat the food because Karen's team was so attentive. Karen helped us pick a great signature cocktail that so many guests have tried to replicate, and her team was just an all around joy to work with. I cannot recommend Blackstone more highly!

Lisa · Married on 12/03/2016

If we could give them 6 stars, we could. Blackstone was amazing, the food was just incredible (priority #1) and the service was outstanding. We did two signature cocktails, and they were tasty- and STRONG! Wohoo!
    Shannon was very communicative and handled every little change we threw at her, up to the week before the wedding when we even had some guests unable to make it, they handled the adjustment with ease. We are so thankful for Blackstone!

Cara · Married on 11/12/2016

Blackstone offers incredible food and service at at a very good value. There are no hidden fees or costs when you book with them - in fact they helped us create a food and drink menu beyond what our contract even stipulated! Working with Shannon was an absolute pleasure - I really wanted to serve short ribs at the wedding and she did a separate special tasting (no charge) and helped us tailor the short ribs menu item to perfection. The food/drink service was executed beautifully during our wedding - from the copper mugs for moscow mules to the artistic plating, the little details were perfect. The Blackstone staff was incredibly helpful and gracious - our guests were commenting on how wonderful they were days after the wedding - which is remarkable! Shannon and her staff helped us create such a beautiful day and wedding - we will miss working with them and would recommend Blackstone wholeheartedly!

Caitlin · Married on 09/24/2016

Blackstone Caterers went above and beyond to help make our wedding the perfect day for us and our guests! The food was delicious, the set up was spectacular, and they kept the schedule of the reception and cocktail hour going with ease. I am still craving their homemade mac and cheese appetizer and pumpkin ravioli dish!
    Shannon was easy to work with and was very professional throughout the entire process. She gave us tips, suggestions, and ideas without feeling like she was taking over the wedding planning process. We ended up taking many of her suggestions which made our entire day run much smoother. We had complete trust in this caterer.
    They make you feel like you are their number one priority. I never felt like I was getting pushed aside or put on hold at any point during the wedding planning process. It was hard for me to envision the set up of our venue with how they described it at one of the meetings. However, when I walked in during our entrance, I was taken aback with how beautiful the set up was. I was almost in tears!!!!!
    Thank you Blackstone Caterers for helping make our day extra special! We hope to see you again at any future weddings of our friends or family just to enjoy some more of your delicious food!!!!!

Megan · Married on 09/17/2016

Amazing Caterer! Top notch! My wedding was on September 17th 2016. We worked with Blackstone for about a year in advance on the details, and Karen was an absolute joy to work with- so friendly, upbeat, and nice, and completely on the ball. I would send an email and get a response very quickly- something that is quite important to a stressed bride-to-be! They made my life easier and pleasant every step of the way. They also collaborated well with our other vendors, such as the florist and my wedding coordinator, which really helped take some of the workload off of me. The tasting was so much fun- food was delicious, and the experience was great. I loved how the day of the wedding they made sure Ted and I got a plate of some of the hors d'oeuvres we had missed during cocktail hour for photos, and they also made sure we got a plate of desserts during the busy night. The guests loved the food and we are very thankful we went with Blackstone. Thanks again Karen!

Megan

Samantha · Married on 09/10/2016

They were amazing. All my guests have said how professional they were, what great service they had and how the food was outstanding. They even has attendants for me the day of the wedding making sure I had enough food etc! And hor d'eouvres at our table in case we didnt get any before. How cute!

The work prior to the wedding wasn't any different. Karen was fantastic. She knows her stuff (she has been there for ten years!) ! She responds super fast and adorably! She makes you feel so special (and my family too!) and is just so in charge. She works so hard. She answers questions very quickly and just always make you feel like she knows whats up. And in the end everything goes perfectly! It is expensive but you get what you pay for. The service is just as excellent as the product. They do a fabulous job! Oh and for us environmental people, the leftovers go to a pig farm! :)))))) and they recycle! Wooohoo! Love you Karen!!! :)

Oh they also take care of the rentals so you don't have to worry about that which is nice! :)

Melissa · Married on 08/19/2016

When I first visited this Venue is was under construction, and I knew even in the mist of bare wood and nails this was it. But they did not have a kitcehn so we needed to get a caterer. I looked at the receommed ones they provided to us and spoke to a few. As soon as I spoke to and interacted with Shannon, i was sold. She was so sweet and professional- we
    got the date set and put our deposit down.
    We interacted several times via email, and effortlessly she was able to accommodate everything we were looking for on our menu. She even gave us great suggestions for late night snacks that were a super hit with our guests. The mini ice-cream cones, and fish and chips boats sealed the deal for the best wedding ever for our guests. The reception went seamlessly thanks to Shannon, and the venue coordinator. They set up all our decor for us just like the pics we sent them. I could have cried with how perfect the day went. The food was DELICIOUS, she was on top of everything. I am still baffled with how perfect the service was. They were so amazing and treated me and my hubby like ~ king and queens.
    Seriously this is the most perfect catering I could ever imagine anyone working with. From service to food A ++ I am still in awe of how gorgeous our day was, and the compliments from everyone regarding how amazing the wedding was.
    All I can say is AMAZING- #1 in England and thank you for making our wedding the most Beautiful and Delicious day ever! Shannon is the BEST!!!!

Hanna · Married on 07/16/2016

Blackstone is AMAZING!! Karen and her staff are efficient, detail oriented, and so caring. They made the planning process and absolute breeze and answered all of our questions within hours of asking them. Our guests were blown away at the quality of service and food at the wedding, and so were we! Blackstone absolutely surpassed any expectations we could have had and provided us with an absolutely amazing evening. We would recommend Blackstone blindly.