Blackhawk Country Club Reviews

Blackhawk Country Club 6
  • Hayley

Hayley Vonder Haar · Married on 07/13/2019

Perfect Venue!

We had our ceremony and reception at Blackhawk and it was absolutely perfect. Bailey was so helpful throughout the planning process and the Blackhawk team made sure everything was perfect the day of the wedding. I don't know how we would have done it without Bailey's help. We dropped off all our wedding decorations the day before and the Blackhawk team set them up. They also worked with the florist to make the ceremony arch and table decorations perfect. It was so nice I didn't have to worry about anything on my wedding day.

The ceremony site is beautiful overlooking the lake. The location was perfect for us - we had 180 guests. It also is a great location for pictures. The cocktail hour immediately after the reception was very nice and there was always a server with hors d'oeuvres around. We had multiple people tell us how great the service was both with food servers and bartenders. The bartenders we had were awesome and kept things fun. The dinner was delicious and we had many compliments from our guests for that as well. No one had to wait long for dinner to be served. The dance floor was the perfect size at the reception. We were lucky to have nice weather and the outdoor area was utilized by everyone, especially during sunset. So many of our guests had amazing pictures from the outdoor space overlooking the lake.

Overall we are so happy we went with Blackhawk. They made everything so easy for us. The cake was amazing. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone for the ceremony and reception

Sent on 09/08/2019
    Blackhawk Country Club 7
    Blackhawk Country Club 8
    Blackhawk Country Club 9
    Blackhawk Country Club 10
    Blackhawk Country Club 11

Chelsea · Married on 05/25/2019

Best wedding venue out there

Blackhawk Country Club is an absolutely stunning wedding venue. It was the first of 3 that I toured, but one of countless that I researched online. Blackhawk had amazing reviews – with absolutely great reviews on the service and food, two things that were crucial for us. When I went to view Blackhawk, I fell in love. The view of Lake Mendota is breathtaking, which ultimately sold it for us. I am a UW-Madison graduate, and Madison and Lake Mendota are meaningful to us, so this venue outmatched many others. Throughout the process we worked with Bailey, who was incredibly attentive and accommodating. She is truly great and put up with quite a few shenanigans during our wedding. Guests absolutely raved about location, the view, the service, and the food. I had a relative tell me that they’ve been to countless weddings and Blackhawk had the best food they’ve ever had at a wedding. We were so pleased with absolutely everything. There are wonderful spots to take beautiful pictures, the locker room for the ladies is awesome and there is a perfect space to get ready in, the staff cater to you and make you feel really special. Our day was completely perfect, and I cannot image getting married at any other venue. I highly recommend Blackhawk Country Club for your wedding!

Sent on 06/26/2019

Jonathan · Married on 04/20/2019

Amazing!

We went outside our pre-set budget because we were taken back by our first visit.. After the reception was over, we both agreed that it was totally worth it.

The venue is beautiful, the service was 2nd to none, and the food was soooooo good.

Thank you Bailey and Shelby for organizing such a wonderful evening.

Sent on 04/29/2019

Joann Dachenbach · Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing Experience

Blackhawk Country Club will give you a wedding to remember, almost like a fairytale. Excellent service, a professional Banquet Planner, (Bailey is outstanding) and delicious food all in an awesome setting. My daughter's wedding was worry free. Not many venues can provide that.

Sent on 10/16/2018
    Blackhawk Country Club 12

Abby · Married on 09/01/2018

As we started our wedding planning journey we really struggled with what we wanted for a venue. I had a co worker who told me to visit Blackhawk ( I am from the Madison area and I never even knew it existed until I started wedding planning!). We took one look at fell in love! It is the perfect setting for a small or large wedding (we had 240 people and it did not feel crammed)! Bailey and her staff at Blackhawk went above and beyond to accommodate all our needs. We are so happy we went with Blackhawk- worth every penny!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Danielle · Married on 07/21/2018

Blackhawk was an absolute perfect place to host our wedding reception. Food, views, staff, space, set up, everything was perfect! I'm not exaggerating, it was a flawless day. They worked in tandem will all our other vendors and made sure everything was coordinated. Linens and decor set up looked perfect when we walked in, bathrooms were spotless, windows were cleaned- things you don't necessarily think of but definitely notice if it's not done! We got so many compliments on the food- it was incredible! We did not do our ceremony there and we brought in our own dessert but I'm sure those things would have been perfect too. Overall, the price was very comparable for other places in Madison (I couldn't decide on a venue and quoted about 7!). In the end, it was the fabulous coordinator there who really knew her stuff and made me confident in working with them that made us choose Blackhawk and I'm so happy we did. There is nothing I would change from our wedding day at BHCC.

Sent on 10/11/2018

Sara · Married on 06/02/2018

PHENOMENAL! My wedding was June 2, 2018. I have no complaints of having our ceremony and reception at Blackhawk Country Club. Bailey and staff was so kind and accommodating. I really felt taken care of. Wedding guests and my wedding party even made comments of how amazing Bailey was. She really made the whole experience wonderful for me. The location is beautiful, so I didn't feel like I even needed much for decoration. The food was amazing. I had the chicken phyllo and some others had pork. I LOVED mine and guests said the pork was great too! Blackhawk/Bailey dealt with ordering the chairs for the ceremony, so we didn't have to.

Sent on 07/06/2018

Mikel · Married on 05/28/2017

Blackhawk was a perfect venue for us. Loren and her staff were completely accommodating with everything we wanted to do from the ceremony through to the reception. Nothing was mandatory or dictated to us, we could create our perfect timeline and our perfect day. The food was absolutely fantastic and we're still getting compliments on it 2 months later. Having the food go directly from the oven or stove to the table was a big plus compared to other venues. The bar package was able to be completely customized, as was the menu. Loren and the staff handled everything for us, including a mix-up with the flowers, and we were able to enjoy our day without lifting a finger. The setting was gorgeous, our pictures turned out amazing, and I simply could not have wished for more out of a venue!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Rebecca · Married on 09/24/2016

Loren and her team at Blackhawk function as a built-in wedding planner. We received so many compliments after holding our wedding here. Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Mikken · Married on 07/16/2016

We were completely satisfied with Blackhawk, their staff, the food, and the ambiance. If we could plan another wedding for ourselves, we wouldn't choose anywhere else.

Sent on 07/27/2017

We are extremely satisfied with our wedding that was held at the Blackhawk Country Club. Bailey and Rene are wonderful, and are extremely helpful in every aspect of planning your wedding. They are able to mold almost anything you give them to be exactly how you want it, and are very flexible in how they can accommodate you. During the wedding itself, they did all the behind the scenes work and took all the stress off of both the bride and groom, which really helped make our day that much more special. The view is breathtaking, and you have options as to which way you can face. We had one minor issue with appetizers not getting served, but it was more of a miscommunication and was handled promptly and professionally. All in all, we would happily recommend the Blackhawk Country Club to anyone in the area looking for a venue to host their wedding.

Sent on 09/14/2015

Amanda · Married on 06/27/2015

All of the staff at Blackhawk were beyond amazing. We could not have asked for a better place to hold our wedding reception. Their patio was the perfect place for our wedding guests to sit during the cocktail hour and after dinner and watch the sunset. We have some of the most beautiful sunset pictures! The food is so delicious... the steak included! Often, when you order steak at a wedding, it is dry and overcooked. At Blackhawk, it was cooked perfectly - both at our tasting and on the day of the reception. They treated the whole wedding party with respect and generosity. They had drinks ready for us when we got there and appetizers waiting for us at our table. We felt that our money was very much well spent and are more than happy with our choice. Our day was perfect, and Blackhawk helped make it that way!!

Sent on 08/30/2015

Tulia · Married on 07/05/2014

Rene and the Country club staff took care of me, my guests, and Every single detail in our wedding. They were organized and very thorough with the details of my wedding. They created a delicious coconut, rum, white chocolate cake, They incorporated my grandmother Colombian empanada recipe and serve a delicious ceviche during the cocktail hour.

Sent on 07/08/2014
  • Z

Zilin · Married on 05/26/2013

Blackhawk Country Club has the most breath taking view! The price for renting the venue is a steal compared to other venues in Madison. The food and cake is absolutely delicious. Their event managers Dianne and Paul are most responsive and helpful.

On the day of, it was raining until 15 minutes before the ceremony. They were able to set up the chairs out on the lawn within 15 minutes!

I highly recommend this vendor!

Sent on 06/04/2013
  • Barbie

Barbie · Married on 11/10/2012

I couldn't be more pleased with our choice of venue. We are not members of the club, but they do rent to non-members at the most reasonable rate in town. Dianne and her staff were very professional and flexible and the service level was outstanding. The meals were fabulous, we are still getting comments on how good the food was. Plus, the carrot cake, was soooo good! Blackhawk Country Club is not just a pretty view - the service, food and value are equal in stature.

Sent on 11/23/2012

Katie · Married on 10/01/2016

Loren and her team were incredible to work with for our wedding. Everything was exactly what we wanted and went so smoothly. The food was delicious, and the service was excellent. Our guests had the best time, and so did we. If I could do it all over again, I would definitely choose Blackhawk again.

Sent on 08/06/2017
  • W

Casey · Married on 04/14/2012

I was VERY happy with our wedding there and would recommend them to anyone. They did a great job listening to what I wanted!

Sent on 06/04/2012

On a golf course and overlooking the lake, Blackhawk is an absolutely beautiful venue. They provide pretty comprehensive services from an original consultation, catering/bar, room set up including ordering linens, ceremony chairs etc. It made for pretty easy planning since we worked with one team for all of these key items. They also made things super easy the day of-- the room was set up as expected and they coordinated the ceremony & processional. There were a few minor missteps along the way (miscommunications over email, some of the wrong appetizers were served) but all were easily resolved. The food was delicious and the space was gorgeous. We are very happy we chose Blackhawk for our wedding!

Sent on 12/28/2015

3.0

This venue was amazing! The views are spectacular! I was a bit disappointed on my wedding day because it rained the whole day so I could not have my wedding outside on the green like I wanted but the service was phenomenal and they transformed the inside of the country club to look beautiful! They really want you to have the best day possible and care so much. The only issue I had was 2 days before my wedding rehearsal they had to switch the time of it to make it an hour earlier because of a golf event. This was a bit stressful because I had to call everyone to let them know but it ended up working out!

Sent on 07/16/2015

Anne · Married on 08/27/2016

4.2

Couldn't have asked for a better reception venue. The food and cake/cupcakes were amazing, the outdoor space was perfect, and they kept working to rearrange the seating chart until it was just right. The huge bar was also great for our rowdy group. My only complaint would be how expensive our tasting was. Considering we were about to have a huge even their I would have thought they would have cut us a little bit of deal. Overall, they were wonderful to work with and we still have friends and family compliment the wedding almost a year later.

Sent on 07/28/2017

3.4
      2.5
      3.0

Overall, I really enjoyed Blackhawk for our reception. The food was delicious and the view is gorgeous. I love their new patio. The biggest caveat is that you don't necessarily want to trust their estimate for food/drinks. We had fewer people RSVP than we originally planned on and were pressured to increase our appetizers to make sure we reached our food/drink minimum (the estimate was that we'd be $1000 under), so we did... and we ended up going $3000 over the minimum. If you have a lot of young people who like to drink at your wedding, their estimates will be too low.

Sent on 02/02/2016