Blackbird Floral Reviews

Blackbird Floral View more information

Allison Married on 04/13/2018
    I wish I could leave more stars! Lea did the flowers for our wedding and she did such an incredible job! We told her our budget and she helped us work within it (I cannot tell you how many florists ignored our budget entirely). Lea came up with creative solutions, was so easy to work with, and was very organized and reliable. I knew her arrangements would turn out great and they were absolutely gorgeous!
    Ricki Married on 11/04/2017
    Lea is fabulous! I didn't give Lea too much direction just some photos of inspiration and some ideas about colors but she knew exactly what I wanted. She seemingly knows everything about flowers and gave me a great education! She was wildly creative and everything turned out perfectly. We made several changes throughout the process- adding things- taking things away- adding things back in-- and she stayed on track and updated every change. She gave us an updated quote each time we made a change and really gave honest opinions of where she thought doing extras could make an impact versus where she thought it would be a waste, which helped us stick to our budget. She was great at managing the logistical as well as the creative. Lea and I were always on the same page and had a lot of fun while working out the details. She not only incorporated everything I wanted but managed to please my mother as well. She built out a gorgeous wedding canopy that was the show stopper my mom wanted while giving me the organic and natural look that I wanted. All throughout the wedding and afterwards people kept saying " and that chuppah!" . I can't say enough nice things about blackbird floral. I would recommend them to everyone in the Austin area looking for a florist who is amazingly creative, organized, and an all around lovely person!
    Katherine Married on 06/03/2017
    Lea did an amazing, flawless job with the flowers for our 6/3/17 wedding. They came out exactly how I envisioned, except better! She is a true artist who cares about her work and listens to her clients. She really went above and beyond. I couldn't believe how beautiful our venue looked. There is nothing she could have improved on. She is also kind, genuine, polite and professional. I'm so glad we hired her!
    Katherine Married on 10/22/2016
    Blackbird Floral was amazing! Lea was so helpful and so knowledgable. I gave her my general idea and she made the most beautiful bouquets and arrangements. Because of my leniency with the flower choices she was able to find the best quality blooms available. Everyone raved about how unique and exquisite they were. Lea made some really stunning succulent pieces for our bar top and outside tables. I was able to keep all of the succulents and still enjoy them even three months later! Lea was very flexible with her meeting times, last minute quantity changes, and was so accommodating on our wedding day to the unexpected timeline change. I will definitely be asking Lea to do more arrangements for me in the future. She is wonderful!
  • Fran
    Fran Married on 10/08/2016
    Gorgeous flowers, great design, very accommodating. If you want something unusual, beautiful and memorable, contact Lea. I am a very picky MOB with an equally picky bride.
    Anna Married on 08/14/2016
    Blackbird Floral was a pleasure to work with, and their arrangements were absolutely breathtaking!!!! In addition to our bouquets and centerpieces, they designed a gorgeous ceremony backdrop that our guests couldn't stop talking about. I can't recommend them highly enough. They are professional, kind, and incredibly talented!!!
  • W
    Wilhemina Married on 11/14/2015
    Lea created the most gorgeous floral arrangements I have ever seen. I was blown away by her artistry and creative vision. She met me at my venue to visualize the space and colors. I told Lea my color scheme, golds, yellows and burnt orange, and a few flowers that I liked marigolds, mums, calla lilies, and I let her artistic vision do the rest. She worked within my budget and communicated promptly. She provided bouquets, boutonnieres, and altar flowers. She arrived in person before the ceremony to deliver them and decorate the existing structures, and she completely exceeded my expectations. I wasn't convinced that I needed professional flowers since our outdoor venue was quite lovely, but they had such an impact and I felt so beautiful because of them. I'm so happy I chose Blackbird Floral.

Stacy Married on 11/08/2015
    We chose Blackbird Floral to do the bouquets, boutonniere's and corsages for my son's wedding. The bride wanted Fall-colored flowers with lots of texture, succulents, and non-traditional additions. And if that wasn't challenging enough, the bride also wanted lots of color. Lea did an amazing job. She is truly an artist and her creations were incredibly beautiful. It took my breath away when I saw them for the first time. On top of that, 6 days later the bouquet in my possession is still fresh and beautiful. I suspect there are numerous florists in the area that can do bouquets and other wedding flowers but I highly recommend Lea if you want your flowers to be special, unique, and strikingly impressive.
    Jennifer Married on 11/07/2015
    I cannot say enough nice things about Lea at Blackbird Floral!!!! We hired her 2-3 weeks before our wedding after my mom pissed off the original florist and she quit! SO, lets just say we were on a tight budget with a super tight turnaround time and Lea knocked it out of the park. The altar display that she put together at Prospect House was ABSOLUTELY stunning. My bouquet and bridesmaid bouquets were so gorgeous and exactly what I wanted. The only hiccup was in the corsages which were not labeled, and my 4 attendants did not receive them. The florist said my wedding coordinator (The Fairytale Effect) told her she would handle it, but clearly it wasnt handled and I was disappointed that neither of them offered to cover my expenses for the lost corsages. We did our own hydrangeas in mason jars for simple centerpieces and then reused the bouquets on some of the tables as centerpieces as well. For our low budget wedding, it was incredible and I was very happy with the way the flowers look in all of the photos!!! Thank you Lea!
  • User2171704 2+ years ago
    I cannot speak more highly of Lea and Blackbird Floral. Blackbird floral did all the flowers for my May wedding at the LBJ wildflower center. From the beginning it was clear that Lea had a true talent and vision, and on the wedding day she exceeded my expectations. Lea went above and beyond for us in all the right ways and made sure to get my concept and vision perfectly for every element of the wedding. Even though she faced many challenges on the day of, with crazy rain and a difficult timeline, she was perfect, and they delivered above and beyond what was promised. She truly is a magician with what she can do with flowers. She was also great with our budget and was always very careful to stay within budget. I was thrilled with my bouquet and flower crown, it was actually the flowers and not the dress that made me feel like a million bucks on my wedding day. I would HIGHLY recommend Blackbird floral- Lea is the absolute best.
  • F
    Florita Married on 08/17/2014
    Lea was my main contact for Blackbird and she was incredibly patient with all of my questions. At the end, we decided to create our own DIY centerpieces but we still needed my bouquet and the grooms boutineer. Lea was more than understanding and seemed eager to do our smaller order even after enduring all of my questioning. Lea was honest with which flowers would do well outside during a summer Texas wedding. She seemed genuinely concerned about how my bouquet would hold up in the heat and the result was a breath taking bouquet that everyone kept on admiring!
    Lee Married on 12/07/2013
    The bouquets for me and my bridesmaids were not a traditional request by any stretch of the imagination. Lea was able to to put together a collection of herbs, mosses, and even fungus to produce a truly unique and beautiful arrangement. It was everything I could have asked for and I got a ton of compliments! Lea is truly an artist and a joy to work with!

Emily Married on 11/03/2013
    Lea did the flowers for my wedding and I absolutely loved working with her and the end result. Instead of having very specific colors and flowers in mind, I knew I wanted a wild garden look. I loved her similar work and wanted to give her some freedom in interpreting the concept. We had fun talking about it, and she updated me frequently with her ideas and thoughts. The results were absolutely stunning. She came up with four different centerpiece concepts for the tables and they were all exquisite. The bouquets were just gorgeous. I am so happy I decided to work with Lea and highly recommend her! She was responsive, professional, kept to my budget and I could not have been happier with her flowers.
  • User1126577 2+ years ago
    Lea was wonderful to work with and I would recommend her to everyone (and I already have!). I work in advertising myself so customer service and value are of HUGE importance to me. Lea was not only a great affordable option in Austin, she was so easy to work with throughout the whole planning process.

I first met with Lea at Mozart's coffee shop and we walked through my colors and wedding "theme". I didn't have my heart set on any specific flowers, I was more concerned about colors matching my mixed (Hindu and Catholic) wedding and staying within budget. She took her time explaining all sorts of flowers and budget friendly options. About 2 months later, I had a bit of a personal emergency and had to cut my budget. Lea was so wonderful about the situation and did not make me feel at all guilty about having to take out some "extras". In fact, she assured me it would all still beautiful. When all was said and done, I was able to add some back in at the last minute but I couldn't have imagined a more beautiful day!

Even without me having specific requirements or preferences for flowers, she took exactly what I had in my head and made it a reality. Her flowers were beautiful, she was incredibly professional but so warm and friendly. I plan to use her for any future event I have, wedding or not!
    Jaraka Married on 10/26/2012
    I worked with Lea of Blackbird Floral for my wedding. Living in the Dallas area and planning an Austin area wedding, Lea and I did most of our communication through email. I sent her pictures and ideas of what kind of look/colors I wanted for the bouquets and centerpieces but wasn’t very picky as to what type of flowers to use. Lea and I did get to meet in person once before the wedding and she was so nice and helpful. She came very prepared with little booklets of just about every type of flower you can imagine and all were organized by color. It made picking out flowers very easy and I left the meeting feeling very confident that Lea understood what I was envisioning. The day of the wedding came and was blown away when she came in with the bouquets! They were more beautiful than I could have imagined and the centerpieces and arrangements were just as gorgeous! Everyone was complimenting on how beautiful the flowers were and how great of a job she did. Lea is extremely talented and I am beyond thrilled with the way the flowers turned out. I would very highly recommend Blackbird Floral for any event!!