Black Tie Wedding Photography Reviews

10 | Lombard, IL

10 Reviews for Black Tie Wedding Photography

Pam · event on 06/13/2015

The Black Tie Wedding Photography crew was very professional. They made my guest comfortable. The pictures were beautiful. If you are looking for a reasonable price, and service with a smile. Mr. Matt Yarbrough is the person to call. Thank you so much for making our event with our family such a success.

Sent on 03/25/2015

Tiffany · Married on 07/14/2012

Black Tie Wedding Photography was very good to my husband and I. They were professional and very timely. Mr. Yarbrough is a kind and courteous God fearing man who takes this business very serious. I appreciated his vision to make my wedding day all the more better.

Sent on 03/17/2015

Abena · Married on 05/27/2012

Very professional and helpful.

Sent on 11/11/2012

Pearlene · Married on 08/07/2011

Responds to clients requests in a timely manner. Communicates with clients to ensure that they are satisfied and that
    their needs are being met. works with you ( if ) problems come up. Black Tie is reasonable, yes,I will and have recomend others to Black tie Wedding photography.

Sent on 11/11/2012

John · Married on 05/01/2011

I was pleased with the service and there work.

Sent on 01/09/2014

Siranda · Married on 05/04/2013

Love the black / white photos

Sent on 01/09/2014

Pamela · Married on 10/06/2012

Very customer service orientated. Gives excellent photo styles based on your need or event

Sent on 11/12/2012
  • Christine

Christine Young · Married on 12/01/2017

1.8
      1.0

Beautiful wedding, disappointing photography

My wedding day was the most special moment of my life. However, I was not satisfied in the way it was captured. My mother in law selected a package in which we were to have two photographers. One shooter was to be with me and the other to be with my husband. The shooter never arrived at the hotel to take photos of my husband and the other groomsmen. At the venue, myself and the bridesmaids found ourselves looking for the photographer. A year before the wedding, my husband and I selected the poses we would like to have captured. This conversation was prompted by Matt. The day of the wedding, none of those poses were incorporated into our shoot. Our photos are sterile, not much fun or interaction, because Matt did not give us much instruction. He also forgot to take a picture of the whole wedding party. As he called out photos with different family members i.e groom and parents, he was very unorganized. He brought an assistant who was of no assistance. There are several pictures of her in which she was just standing around. I was also supposed to have a young woman assisting me with getting ready. That woman was also absent on my wedding day. Our pictures are not awful, there are a few good ones, but they did not meet nor exceed my expectations. Our venue was beautiful, and had several areas for pictures, but Matt did not take advantage of all it had to offer. My mother in law paid for quality service, but received mediocre work. Per Matt’s contract we were supposed to receive all of our products I believe in 4 months. We were married December 2017 and did not receive our CDs our enlargements until September 2018 after my husband and I made multiple calls and sent several emails. Matt does not respond to his clients in a timely fashion. We have yet to receive our wedding album and our 1 year anniversary is less than a month away. I have been a part of 3 weddings this year, and have seen excellent wedding photographers who are very engaged in their work, professional, and produce outstanding work. Matt is not one of those people. Please use caution before booking an event with this company. My wedding day was perfect, but if i had to change one thing, I would have found another photographer.

Sent on 11/04/2018

Not So Happy · Married on 10/12/2014

0.8
      0.0
      2.5
      1.5
      0.0

No family photo was taken, and there are only about 4 good photos of the wedding party. Photographer required two assistants that were unnecessary. These extra assistants had to be accounted for which cause conflict on my guest list, because now two wanted guest had to be eliminated to keep our budget. I did not ask for nor need his assistant to assist myself nor my bridesmaids, in fact she was very irritating and in the way. The other assistant stayed out of the way, but as I (the bride) was getting ready to walk down the aisle the other assistant was laying on the sofa sleeping where the guest were able to see him. Very unprofessional! The final wedding album was really not what I expected. I could have purchased a similar album at a local department store and printed the photos from my phone at Walgreen's and saved $750. The photographer and his staff were nice people but I would'nt use them again. Currently constructing a new wedding album from cell phone photos and photos my guest posted on social media to obtain an album that I'm not embarrassed to show people. I suggest that when choosing a photographer request samples and shop around. On a positive note, the photographer did throw in a free photo dvd but it does'nt play on any of our DVD players nor computers but it looks nice! ~Can't get my wedding day back and stuck with crappy photos.~

Sent on 03/22/2015

Black Tie Wedding Photography's reply:

Black Tie Wedding Photography is truly regretful for any disappointments our client may have. We always strive for perfection and customer service that is second to none. We respectfully disagree with all but one complaint that is described here. All others complaints stated here we were never notified or made aware of. This review is totally inconsistent with our 4.8 review status previous clients has given us, as we constantly maintain to ensure our clients are educated and satisfied with our wedding services. At the end of every wedding package delivery each client is asked to sign a package release that states. “We are fully satisfied with Black Tie Wedding Photography services and product, therefore releasing Black Tie Wedding Photography from further obligations”. This client signed the release without persuasion or hesitation.

Natonia · Married on 12/01/2017

0.4
      0.5

Most horrible service ever!!!!’
    Brides DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.... My son got married in December 2017 and we still do not have any photos. We hired them for 2 photographers and the 2nd one never showed up and MATT YARBROUGH refused to refund the price difference

Sent on 09/03/2018