Black Tie Video Reviews

81 | Randallstown, MD

81 Reviews for Black Tie Video

Rachel · Married on 07/09/2011

Jim did a fantastic job with our video. He make sure to capture everything and does not have cheesy graphics.

Sent on 10/13/2011

Holly · Married on 07/18/2008

3.5

We were without a videographer two weeks before our wedding and I received a response to a paniced email from Jim Skipper. I couldn't believe that he was available only two weeks out and he was absolutely fantastic to work with. He was quick to respond to any and all of our questions and I am really looking forward to seeing the footage that he was able to get. When he was filming you rarely saw him throughout the course of the evening, but when he knew there was a good shot to get- he would make sure and point us in the right direction. Purely out of coincidence our reception on the water was made even more magical by a full moon and Jim did not miss the opportunity to get some good shots of us with the moon in the background. I would reccomend Jim Skipper and Black Tie Video to anyone looking for a videographer in the MD/DC area.

Sent on 08/12/2008

Ashlei · Married on 08/26/2011

I'm amending my rating (paragraph below) for Black Tie. I did wait a little while time before being contacted, but since my post, Black Tie has been nothing but responsive and and have done a great job on our montage, and I'm sure will do the same for the video. I actually feel bad for giving 3 out of 5 stars before, because they responded to my not being 100% satisfied RIGHT away (and even then I still would have recommend them). So higher rating given, and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Black Tie.

Jim from Black Tie was on time, very nice and pleasure to work with. We had a great wedding and felt the prices were good. Unfortunately, I can't speak to the video quality for our day (which was in August) because we haven't gotten the video - and won't get it until early next year...we hope. Also I attempted to contact someone over at Black Tie for 2 months before someone answered an email to inform me. I might have chosen to pay a little more with someone else if I knew BT wouldn't get a tape to us in time for the holidays. :( I'd maybe recommend them, but be prepared to wait 8 to 9 months before getting your video. Perhaps they'll hire staff to handle their recent growth...

Sent on 11/11/2011
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 09/10/2010

We knew from the beginning that we wanted a videographer since the majority of my husband's family could not make the wedding (he's from Costa Rica). A month before the big day we were still without this one key vendor. As I called around, Black Tie Video was the only one who was able to fit our budget. Jim and his wife Barbara did a phenomenal job from start to finish. They didn't miss a beat. We entered the wedding ceremony via sailboat along with the entire bridal party. Barbara went along for the ride and caught some amazing footage. During the ceremony and reception, no one even knew they were there. The final video proved us wrong. They recorded every single detail and then some. The video montage brought us to tears as well as all of the special attention put into the full length film. It is the most beautiful compilation of our wedding day that we will cherish for the rest of our lives. We cannot wait to make the trip back to CR to share the video with all of my husband's family and friends. Thanks again Jim and Barbara for filming the most amazing day of our lives!

Sent on 02/01/2011

Professional during the ceremony and reception, and stayed in contact with us to ensure our demands were met. I would recommend to a friend!

Sent on 10/10/2012

Barbara · Married on 10/01/2005

3.4
      3.0

My mom booked our videographer, and managed to find this great team all while doing research from her home in California. Jim and Barb were great to work with--they invited me to their home and went over all the details, from pictures for photo montages to the types of music we wanted in the video. We had 2 videographers at the wedding and reception, and I never noticed them. They got some great shots that we will always cherish, and I still cry (with happiness) when I watch the video.

My only quibble was that their lead time in getting your video back to you can be up to 6 months. They were very good about getting back to us during that time, though, so we never really felt like we were left in the lurch. And the finished product made it worth the wait.

Sent on 03/26/2008