Black Tie Video Reviews

81 | Randallstown, MD

81 Reviews for Black Tie Video

Cara Yaworske · Married on 06/06/2020

Flexibile and very responsive

I haven’t had my wedding yet but I can’t say enough how great Jim and Black Tie Video had been in my planning process. Less than 3 months until my wedding day, my ceremony venue (a military institute) made me change my videographer. Jim was so quick to respond and I was able to book him right away. I immediately felt relieved. Then, COVID hit. I postponed my wedding and he gave me no issues in moving my contract to my new date. I have now postponed for the second time and again, no issues. Vendors like this one make the wedding planning process much less stressful. Thank you Jim and thank you Black Tie Video!! I can’t wait to finally have my wedding and to see your work!

Sent on 09/30/2020

Black Tie Video's reply:

Thanks Cara, you guys have been through so many situations in your planning and we're than happy to adapt, reschedule, and plan for a new and fantastic wedding day. Glad we could remove a tiny amount of your stress. Looking forward to when the world looks a whole lot more normal and we can enjoy your wedding celebration with you. Thanks again for the kind words.
  • Rachael

Rachael · Married on 04/24/2020

Can’t recommend them enough!

We are so happy we decided to go with Jim and his wife. They’re an amazing team. Our wedding has changed dates and locations what feels like a million times, and they have always been so supportive and flexible and we’re willing to make anywhere/any day work. We are beyond grateful and so happy that we got to work with these amazing people. The video was beautiful and brought us to tears. We love that we will always have it to look back on. If you’re considering a videographer, I highly recommend you go with Black Tie Video.

Sent on 05/30/2020

Black Tie Video's reply:

You guys have had a colorful path getting to the big day for sure, and handled it all with grace, humor and perseverance. Thanks for making us feel so welcome and included!
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 02/29/2020

Leap Day Wedding!

Black Tie Video is the absolute best! Hiring Black Tie Video for my wedding was the best decision I made regarding the entire event. We elected for a sneak peek video, highlight reel, and full length video and were not disappointed! The Sneak Peek was posted within 24 hours of our wedding day. Each project was absolutely beautiful, moving, and perfect. My husband and I cry every time we watch them! Jim and his crew were phenomenal and extremely professional. They provided a quick turnaround on the videos as well. Black Tie Video is extremely unique in that they listen to what you want and create a full length video that encompasses every important aspect of the day. My husband and I cannot say enough positive things about them and will continue recommending them to everyone we know. Thank you so much Black Tie Video!

Sent on 04/08/2020
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 11/02/2019

Wonderful!

Black Tie was easy to work with, made me very comfortable when shooting at my wedding and got amazing footage while blending in to the event nicely! Jim is so kind and complimentary and worked well with my photographer as well! I would recommend him to any couple!

Sent on 03/29/2020

Black Tie Video's reply:

Thank you Katie! Your incredibly positive attitude all day long was just infectious! So happy you liked it!
  • Lareine

Lareine Karpouzian · Married on 09/07/2019

Exceptional experience with this videographer team!!

Black Tie Video is exceptional! Jim and his wife are such kind people, with so much professionalism and incredible energy. They took beautiful video of our wedding day, and our sneak peek is amazing. Highly recommend hiring this team for your wedding day!! They take pride in what they do and were incredible throughout our wedding weekend. Great team!!

Sent on 09/13/2019

Kara · Married on 08/03/2019

An absolute must!!!

Jim was incredible!!! He was so fun to work with. He made sure to capture all the important moments and details were asked. The best part, he had a sneak peek video for us THE NEXT DAY!! incredible. He is truly one of the best and can't thank him enough for his wonderful work!!!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Black Tie Video's reply:

Well thank you Kara, I can honestly report that you guys were a hoot to work with, fun fun fun. I am more than flattered by your kind words and am honored to have been part of capturing your day!
  • Samantha

Samantha Retter · Married on 07/27/2019

Wonderful to work with, amazing highlight video!

What a great team to work with! We decided a few weeks before our wedding to have a videographer and they were very flexible and accommodating. The highlight video is awesome! We highly recommend!

Sent on 12/23/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 12/01/2018

Love them!

If you are reading this, then it means you are considering booking Black Tie for your wedding. Just book it now because Jim did a fantastic job covering our wedding. They were very professional and we could not be happier with having them as part of our day. 4 days after our wedding, Jim even sent us a sneak peak which meant so much! With all that happens on your wedding day, it is hard to remember everything, and Jim was able to capture those moments on video that I want to treasure forever.

Sent on 12/10/2018

Black Tie Video's reply:

Well thank you so much Elizabeth! We are flattered by your review. I can say that you and Donny were nothing but fantastic from our first meeting a full year ahead through what can only be described a wedding and reception extravaganza : ) The confetti cannons were spectacular! Thanks so much.
  • Jeanette

Jeanette · Married on 10/07/2018

A great investment

After researching a number of videographers, I came across Black Tie Video on WeddingWire. I spoke with Jim and was blown away by his friendly demeanor and vast knowledge. After our initial phone consultation, I knew he was the right fit. We never met in person until our wedding day; however, the line of communication were always open. We primarily communicated by email and Jim was quick in responding. A few evenings before the wedding, Jim called to go over the details and to ensure that everything was fine on our end.
    On our wedding day, I met his wife who was equally as sweet as Jim. They were both unobtrusive and worked well. My husband and I cannot wait to see the precious moments that were captured by Jim and his wife.

Sent on 10/29/2018

Black Tie Video's reply:

Wow Jeanette, that's so kind of you to say, we're happy that you had such a positive experience with us. We genuinely appreciate you taking the time to say such nice things. I can report that you too were a total joy to work with!
  • Andie

Andie · Married on 09/22/2018

Jim and Barbara were spectacular! I was blown away when we viewed the sneak peek Jim sent us a few days after the wedding because I truly did not know how they were able to get the shots they did. Jim and Barbara were extremely unobtrusive during both the ceremony and reception. We did not feel like we were being filmed and they blended in so well with our guests! Jim was so professional and helpful throughout the entire planning process. We hired him for an extra hour of over time for an extremely reasonable price to capture some getting ready footage and our first look and we are so happy we did! Many people told us that not having a videographer at their wedding was their biggest regret, so we knew that we wanted a videographer to help capture our day. At the end of the night my husband and I agreed that we were so thankful we hired Jim and Barbara because there was so much of the wedding night we missed! It went by in the blink of an eye and we are so grateful we will have video of our wedding to watch for the rest of our lives. Thank you Jim and Barbara!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Brittany · Married on 08/26/2018

Very professional and wonderful to work with!! Highly recommended!! They saved us because I waited until the last minute to find a videographer and not only were they responsive but did beautiful work!!

Sent on 08/30/2018
  • O

Ornela · Married on 08/12/2018

Memorable Footage to Last a Lifetime

Jim and his wife provided us with video footage of our wedding that was out of this world. We couldn't be happier. The video montage was absolutely excellent and the memories will last a lifetime. Jim was the most professional, kind, and excellent person that you would truly hope to have working on this very special day. I highly, highly recommend!!

Sent on 02/13/2020

Black Tie Video's reply:

Thank you Ornela, you're too kind. We loved all of the visuals laid out in front of us and were able to capture for you. And lastly thanks for being so sweet and such a pleasure to work with!

Jim & Barbara

Alethia · Married on 08/04/2018

I contacted Black Tie Video (BTV) with regard to videography services for my son and future daughter in law, and I needed to take the time to write how we could not have been more pleased with the services we received.
    From beginning contact, with Jim, to meeting his wife, Barbara, that day, we could not have received better service. Jim was extremely informative and helpful from the very beginning. Answering questions, returning emails right away, timely phone calls with me, etc.
    I was a little reluctant in the beginning because it was late notice, only two weeks before the wedding, and also because BTV was very affordable. I was worried, sometimes you get what you pay for, right?!? On the day of our event, Jim and Barb could not have been more kind to us, more helpful or professional. They were funny and personable. And at times, invisable! How they got some of the shots they did, without us seeing, was nothing short of miraculous in our eyes! They were never in the way. Simply, they were fantastic. We were so happy when we left that evening.
    Jim listened to my desires and wants, and some concerns, and made me feel completely at ease in knowing he would take care of everything, and would do everything in his power to create something for us that would last a lifetime. And he did.
    Boy, was it worth the wait!!!!
    Spectacular!! Perfect!! Beautiful!! ...are just a few adjectives I could use to describe our sneak peek and highlight videos. I could go on and on, but only have so much space.
    We're still waiting for the full length video, but can only imagine how amazing it will be, knowing what we have so far!!
    I believe businesses like this can live or die based on reviews, and it is my desire to make every effort, to let you know how wonderful BTV is. And you can rest, in complete confidence, knowing that BTV will do all they can to make the memories of your event just as you envisioned -- perfect and stress-free. Kudos to them!

Sent on 08/15/2018
  • FutureMrsN14

Brittany · Married on 07/27/2018

Amazing!!!

Jim and Barbara are amazing! They were so great to work with on our wedding day, and the sneak peek we received ONE day later (I know that may not be standard) is seriously my favorite thing ever. I've watched it a million times, and I could not be happier! I cannot wait to receive the rest of our footage! We can't thank you guys enough!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Black Tie Video's reply:

It's good to be thought of as amazing : ) So glad you liked it and thanks for smiling non stop all day. Makes it easy!

drew · Married on 06/09/2018

Jim and Barbara were a delight to work with. True professionals- we cant wait to see the final product.

Sent on 07/02/2018

Casey · Married on 04/28/2018

Black Tie was amazing to work with!! Jim made everything so easy and seamless, and they worked so well with our other vendors to coordinate everything. Our video is absolutely perfect, and everything we could have dreamed of! We will be watching it for many many years to come!!

Sent on 08/30/2018

Black Tie Video's reply:

Thanks so much Casey, I must say you and Jake were a dream to work with. Some of your "day of" challenges would have derailed many couples but you guys kept on smiling and had just an incredible day. And thanks also for assembling such an extraordinary group of vendors, truly special. Thanks again for taking the time to pen such a nice review!

Jenna · Married on 01/06/2018

Our wedding was this past weekend in DC and we used Black Tie Video. Jim Skipper was our videographer - you can tell he's a pro. I don't know how he did it, but I feel like I barely saw him. He knows how to position himself so that he isn't in the way, and on top that he is such a nice guy and really takes the time to get to know you and your style. I'd highly recommend using this company and if you can, book Jim!

Sent on 01/08/2018

Elise · Married on 11/04/2017

Jim and his team were amazing to work with. He showed genuine interest in me, my husband, and our vision. Jim spent time getting to know us and making sure his services aligned with exactly what we were looking for and needed. The cost was fair and affordable, and the quality of the video is amazing! Highly recommended!!

Sent on 07/11/2018

Black Tie Video's reply:

Thank you so much Elise! I can say in all candor you guys were just wonderful to work with, smiling, positive, willing to listen to any ideas that occurred. Particularly fun working out by the water during cocktail hour, great footage : ) Thanks again!

Veronica · Married on 09/17/2017

Jim and his staff were a pleasure to work with! They were on time and you hardly knew they were there filming our wedding that day they were very discreet, kinda visible but invisible at the same time. Jim keeps in touch with you every step of the way and will make your day a success! You will never go wrong by using them! You don’t have to go anywhere else. I can guarantee you that if you go anywhere else you will be disappointed and not get your money’s worth. Our wedding was last Sunday on 9/17/17 and my husband and I could not have been happier or more satisfied!

Sent on 09/23/2017

Michele · Married on 08/05/2017

Black Tie Video is an amazing vendor to work with! We had Jim Skipper as our videographer, and he did a wonderful job. He worked seamlessly with the rest of our vendors, and our highlight video is even more perfect than we could imagine.

Sent on 01/13/2018

Black Tie Video's reply:

Thank you Michele! It was an absolutely fantastic day, thanks for allowing us to capture it all for you.

Kari · Married on 04/15/2017

At first my husband and I were hesitant about getting a videographer, but after many people told us our biggest regret would be not having a videographer, I decided to begin looking for one. I contacted Jim and he quickly told me he had our wedding date opened and he was extremely familiar with Chesapeake Bay Beach Club. That eased my mind and we booked him. I can easily say that this was the best decision I have ever made. Jim and his wife were absolutely incredible the entire night. They were there and ready to go for all of the "behind the scenes" time prior to the ceremony and stayed until the very end. The extreme added bonus was the afternoon after our wedding I received an email from Jim with a 3 minute sneak peek video. I am incredibly happy that I got a videographer and so great duo that I was able to find Black Tie Video. They are an absolutely AMAZING company!

Sent on 07/28/2017

Black Tie Video's reply:

Well thank you Kari, absolutely fantastic day from the perfect weather to watching your dad get so emotional during his toast. So much emotion from all the families really, it was videographers paradise ! Thanks being positively great to work with and I'm so glad you love the video.

Kathleen · Married on 04/01/2017

Wow! Black Tie Video sure did make it easy! I showed up to the chapel and there they were all set up and capturing us as we prepared for the ceremony! Jim definitely put me at ease from the very beginning. He knew the chapel well and was able to capture all the important footage! At the reception, I barely even noticed he was there! He did an amazing job at staying out of the way, but yet still getting up close for all the best moments! Jim was so helpful along the way and he has created a video that we will forever have to remember our special day! I strongly recommend using Black Tie Video!

Sent on 04/14/2017

CAITLIN · Married on 02/18/2017

After some bad luck, (our venue closed 55 days before our date &the owner went to jail for tax fraud &more), we got some really GOOD luck when both Barbara and Jim were available for my "new" wedding date :) When I first went to meet Jim, we ended up talking for over 2 hours &I knew we had our decision made! Then, during our planning &re-planning chaos, I asked Jim, "What is your perspective on a new date/a new location?",his first&immediate response was "Our perspective is-we are really excited to shoot your wedding &look forward to hearing the new plan as soon as you know." I doubt that many people will deal with some of the things we did, &I also doubt that many go looking for a videographer based on how they handle "jail time" &"tax fraud" being mixed in with planning, but I have to include this info so you can understand the full experience we had w/them! I realized how important it was to truly LIKE the people you're working with, not just their work. I am so grateful that we booked BlackTieVideo -they were so understanding, supportive, &patient when we were trying to figure out a new date/location (even though it meant that they had turned down many inquiries about our original date, &ended up being free after all!) So, with all of those added factors that we never could've planned for/hoped they would handle well, we are also so happy with their professionalism &pleasant nature through the day. I always felt like it must be so strange to be followed with a video camera for 8hrs, but Barbara &Jim are so good about being in the background, sneaking around&catching great moments of the day. We have seen only a sneak peek so far, but I didn't want to wait to review:) The highlight was amazing, &we received it THE NEXT DAY-a great gift from J&B to continue reversing our bad luck! (note: We DID re-plan for FEBRUARY, so I know it's slower wedding time!) Overall, if you're looking for great videos, &genuine&caring people to work with, here they are! :) -Caitlin

Sent on 04/19/2017

Black Tie Video's reply:

THANK YOU CAITLIN! You guys preserved through so much more than anyone should have to when planning a wedding. But you did so with positivity and grace. Then you were rewarded with a fantastic 70 degree February day. I'm so happy we were able to capture and create a video record of it all for you.
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 10/29/2016

Our highlight video is amazing, and we couldn’t be happier. Our final cut is a beefy 90 minutes long and we cherish every single one of those minutes! The small moments that happened that we were too distracted to remember, those are the reasons you have a videographer.
    For professionalism, you can’t do better than Black Tie Video. Not only does Jim make sure that you have what you want, he asks questions about things you didn’t even know you wanted or realize you needed. As brides we lose focus a lot, so having a vendor that ACTUALLY looks out for you, well that is so super important, and something that people often take for granted.
    My husband Brad and I recently experienced the profound loss of his father. While working on the obituary and going through photos we remembered that Jim had captured Brad’s parent’s anniversary dance from our reception. We were hundreds of miles away from home and though we had the full cut from our wedding, knew nothing about video editing. Our wedding had occurred nine months prior, and Jim owed us nothing, but I emailed him in the hopes he could help us by isolating the dance and sending it to us so we could share it at the remembrance. Jim, being the kind of vendor that actually looks out for his clients, pointed out he also had footage of a short speech that my husband’s father gave at the reception, and offered to isolate that as well. Within 2 hours we had both clips at our fingertips, able to show to family and friends, and remember a man that was full of life and joy. It was thanks to Jim that we were able to share those two moments. It was because we hired a man that made me feel when I spoke to him for the first time that he was a genuinely good person. If you’re in doubt of whom you should hire as a videographer, just speak to Jim, you’ll feel by the time you get off of the phone that he is the right person for your big day, we know he was the right person for ours.

Sent on 09/17/2017

Black Tie Video's reply:

Well Liz, to say I was utterly speechless when I read this review would be an understatement. Thank you so so much for those exceedingly kind words and I'm glad we were able to help during such a tough time.

Sarah · Married on 09/10/2016

Jim was great - He worked with me leading up to the wedding, and got a really good idea of what our style was. He was super helpful in giving us some advice and was on top of things the day of, capturing everything. He was not intrusive during the actual event. Based on my research, I feel like we got a great value- two videographers for the whole day to capture everything, a 5-7 minute highlight reel and then the full couple hour video. He worked with us to pick the music we wanted on the videos, and sent us 3 DVDs so we could share with our families! I am so glad we worked with Jim, and I would highly recommend his services to anyone! (I cried the first time I saw our highlight video!)

Sent on 05/10/2017

Black Tie Video's reply:

Thank you Sarah! It was a pleasure to create it for you, we had an embarrassment of video riches to work with. Tons of energy, a great positive attitude all day long, you guys could not have been any better to work with. You had great ideas and were open to others. Bravo, I give you five stars as well : )