Black Tie Entertainment Reviews

1,528 | Woodbridge, VA

1,528 Reviews for Black Tie Entertainment

• Nicole · Getting married on 05/01/2024

Fantastic Experience

John was not only our DJ but he was a HUGE enhancement to our big day! From helping with planning the day of timeline to helping with song choices to create a nice vibe and flow for the day. He's so knowledgeable, keeps the day moving and on track, and plus he's just the nicest person!

You can tell, right from the start, that he's invested in every couples big day, and he goes above and beyond to make sure everything flows. 10/10 would definitely recommend John to anyone in need of entertainment services!

Sent on 06/03/2021
  • Geoff

Geoff B. · Getting married on 07/10/2022

Value and fun from Black Tie!

Very professional business at Black Tie Entertainment. After a straightforward and fairly quick selection process we landed with Kevin for our wedding who was a blast. He was energetic and excited to be apart of our big day and I never once had to wonder what would come next during the wedding or reception. He was timely and helpful and above all, fun! He captured some footage at the reception throughout the night and put a short video together of everyone dancing within a couple hours. It was such a nice gesture and was above and beyond. The online portal for planning was a great feature and a nice tool for us. We recommend Black Tie Entertainment and especially Kevin!

Sent on 11/09/2020
  • Marc

Marc · Getting married on 05/02/2022

Lew Wright & Black Tie Entertainment are awesome!

If you're wondering whether or not to book with Black Tie Entertainment the answer is yes! They are extremely professional and very enjoyable to work with. Lew is kind, fun, thoughtful and his experience shows. He helped guide us through the creation of our own unique wedding that truly felt like us from start to finish. He was a great Master Of Ceremonies and we received many comments about how great the music was!

Sent on 03/14/2020
  • Betty

Betty A. · Getting married on 05/02/2022

I highly recommend Black Tie!

Oneka was the BEST! She did an amazing job at our wedding and I am so grateful for her skills. She really knew how to read the room and get the crowd dancing with an incredible selection. I am so appreciative of her work. We were a little hesitant at first with Black Tie because our initial phone call with a gentleman there was....intense....like he just came on too strong. Oneka is warm, friendly and professional. We had a small hiccup at our wedding and she rolled with it and helped us get on the right foot! SO, SO grateful for her!

Sent on 03/20/2020

Melanie L. · Getting married on 02/09/2022

Chase was awesome from start to finish

My husband and I aren't on the same page when it comes to music and Chase was able to blend both of our tastes into a perfectly curated evening filled with lots of dancing, not to mention the guitar during our ceremony! All of our wedding dreams came true!

Sent on 09/30/2020
  • Sallie

Sallie F. · Getting married on 02/09/2022

The best DJ! Couldn't have been more pleased!

Tony was THE BEST! He took time to get to know us over the phone ahead of our big day, walked us through the planning portal, and provided a night full of fun music that all our guests have raved about since! He had the dance floor packed with young and old guests alike. Everyone has been so complimentary of the variety of music he played and the personality he brought to our event. Truly felt like he was an old friend by the end of the night! The music he provided for our ceremony was perfect too. Made it very personal and intimate. I told my husband we need to have another party just to hire and hang out with Tony again--highly recommend!

Sent on 10/06/2020
  • Melanie

Melanie H. · Getting married on 01/04/2022

Oneka Davis DJ/MC Review

Oneka is AMAZING! Like several other 2020 couples, I had to postpone my wedding twice because of the COVID-19 pandemic. My new husband, Patrick, and I decided to officially tie the knot in October. At first, I was very nervous about how my wedding reception would go; I truly wanted my guests to have a great time. Working with Oneka was a dream. She went above and beyond to make my guests feel welcomed and excited by joining us on the dance floor and staying interactive. In addition, Oneka is extremely professional. She worked diligently to help me create my reception timeline and made sure we stayed on schedule- this is very important during a wedding reception. I could not be happier with my decision to work with Black Tie Entertainment. Because of Oneka, my wedding was everything I hoped for.

Sent on 11/03/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel · Getting married on 10/31/2021

Wayne really did a great job! He kept our guests involved and really helped keep the vibe going all night. I really enjoyed working with him!

Sent on 03/25/2016
  • Mac

Mac S. · Getting married on 10/08/2021

Matt Johnson & Black Tie Entertainment

We hired Matt Johnson via Black Tie Entertainment to DJ our wedding and they were amazing to work with. Even dealing with a postponement due to COVID-19, they were extremely helpful and accommodating. Matt is a top professional and was a hit that kept everyone on the dance floor 100% of the night. I'd definitely recommend for anyone's wedding or other function. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/18/2020
  • Audrey

Alanna P. · Getting married on 09/18/2021

Justin Everson

Justin made our wedding complete. He functioned not only as a DJ, but as a Master of the Ceremony, ensuring everything ran smoothly. I was worried, as this was a small and not very planned wedding as my original plans were cancelled due to Covid. However, Justin went over the entire schedule with me, from the very beginning to leaving and really helped me envision every moment so nothing was amiss. He was very professional and several people commented he should be a Calvin Klein model as he dressed for the occasion.

Sent on 10/16/2020

Caleb R. · Getting married on 07/09/2021

Matt Was a Great DJ Who Knew How to Read the Room

We hired Matt to DJ our wedding in September 2020. He was very professional and friendly in the lead-up to the wedding, making sure he knew how to pronounce the names of the everyone in the wedding party, getting a sense of our music tastes, etc. At the wedding itself, he absolutely nailed it. He played our favorite songs along with the great standbys in a way that tracked the flow of the dancing and he kept the dance floor popping. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 02/22/2021
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 06/13/2021

Chris Laing is the best!

Chris went above and beyond all of our expectations! During our planning process, the online tools were very user friendly and Chris was extremely attentive and responsive to all of our questions. He helped us plan and guide us through a pandemic postponement. The day of, Chris was fabulous! He was beyond professional and kept in contact with our day of coordinator so we never had to check on him. He played our entire wish list and more! He was amazing at reading the room and kept everyone dancing. He did anything we asked, with a smile! His speeches and comments were respectful, warm and welcoming. We had a slight weather hiccup and Chris was able to adjust without hesitation. He was flexible, supportive and so much fun! He made our day the absolute best party it could be! He played the best music for every one in our crowd and even hung out with our flower girls and ring bearer (all under age 8!) The only thing we are sad about is not having an event to use Chris at again. We HIGHLY recommend him!!!

• Danielle

Danielle C. · Married on 06/12/2021

Great experience with Solomon!

We chose Solomon for our June 2021 wedding and he was terrific! He was communicative before the wedding and scheduled a couple meetings to make sure we got exactly what we wanted - music selections, name pronunciations for announcements, and general vibe of the evening. Black Tie's planning portal was also super helpful and easy to use. The day of, the sound quality for all spaces (ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception) was great and he had our friends and family out on the dance floor all night long! We could not have asked for more!

Ashley · Married on 06/11/2021

Amazing Experience

From start to finish, working with Black Tie was absolutely amazing and stress free. We would highly recommend the company and specifically our DJ Matt Johnson! We were not restrictive on our music selection but gave some guidance (50s, 60s, 80s, 90s music). We told him some artists that we like in each genre and he ran with it. He was able to read the wedding crowd and every single song he picked was perfect! Literally we had everyone on the dance floor the entire night! We found out DJ Matt Johnson had a background in Broadway and dancing a variety of styles of dance, so we knew he had the experience to choose the right music! Lastly, Black Tie and Matt were very flexible throughout the entire process. Everyone was still having the time of their lives during the last song so we were able to extend the DJ contract another 30 minutes with a moments notice and Matt kept playing the best jams! We would definitely recommend Black Tie and know they will pick the best DJ for your wedding! You won't regret having this company DJ your wedding or event!

• Isabel

Isabel H. · Married on 06/05/2021

SO thankful for Black Tie Events & Justin Everson!!!

I cannot say enough how thankful I am that we found Black Tie Events, and our DJ Justin Everson. From the moment we signed on with them, their responsiveness and attention to detail was exceptional. When I had a question, day or night, I would get an email and/or phone call from John (manager) with an answer and helpful advice and great ideas to personalize my wedding.
    And I have to say, they go above and beyond for a DJ/emcee. Their website is very user-friendly and super helpful for general wedding planning, besides its utility for planning your music!
    Our DJ/emcee, Justin Everson, did an outstanding job since day one. When our wedding planner went AWOL and we had many other hiccups in our wedding planning experience, I had so much comfort knowing that Justin and BTE had their act TOGETHER, so so well. Justin was personally really optimistic and let us know that no matter what, it would be an awesome wedding, even if it was just me, my fiance, and our DJ :) He was super friendly, but also extremely professional. On the day of, he honestly outdid himself as a DJ and even handled a fair amount of the "wedding coordinator" role-- he made our wedding go so smoothly and perfectly, and he made the planning experience so much easier for us.

In short, I cannot reccomend BTE enough-- you will be so impressed with every aspect of their work and professionalism, I definitely am!

Sent on 06/03/2021
  • Gabrielle

Gabrielle M. · Married on 06/05/2021

Dance floor was electric!

We had a great experience with Black Tie Entertainment! From our first phone call we knew it was the right choice! Mike the DJ was extremely professional and made sure everyone stayed on the dance floor all night long! Mike took the time to understand our music taste and added his own flare to the playlist! Would highly recommend we had the best night!

Sent on 06/07/2021

Lindsey C. · Married on 06/05/2021

Could not have asked for a better DJ!

Chris was amazing to work with! Chris made our officiant feel very comfortable and helped him during the ceremony (our officiant was a relative). Our guests were also very complimentary of Chris's mix and overall professionalism. Would highly recommend Chris and Black Tie Entertainment for any event!

Sent on 06/09/2021
  • Renee

Renee M. · Married on 05/31/2021

Absolutely Incredible DJ!!!

Black Tie Entertainment made the process of choosing and hiring a DJ so simple and fun! Their online planning tools made the whole process easy and clear! Andrew was the DJ we chose and he is 100% THE MAN for your event!!! He was funny, energetic (when needed) and picked music that kept our guests dancing all night! We have gotten so many complements on how amazing and fun our wedding was! We know that Andrew deserves a lot of the credit for that! He always responded quickly and answered all our questions! Truly a pleasure working with him and the team at Black Tie! 10/10 Recommendation!!!

Sent on 06/09/2021
  • Caitlin

Caitlin A. · Married on 05/30/2021

Wonderful Experience!

Black Tie Entertainment was excellent to work with from beginning to end. Every step of the way was met with professionalism, quick responses, and they were able to accommodate our every need. It was very easy to get set up with DJ Mike, and he scheduled several phone calls with us to nail down the details of our event. He helped us create a timeline for our wedding, and coordinated often with our wedding coordinator to make sure everything lined up. He brought his absolute A=Game to the wedding, and was a blast all night! He played a perfect selection of music that satisfied all my guests, and there wasn't one time the dance floor wasn't popping! Couldn't recommend Black Tie or Mike enough!

Sent on 06/06/2021

Nina W. · Married on 05/30/2021

Fantastic DJ

Eddy showed up on time, told everyone about the introductions, interacted with the bridal party and was so much fun during the whole four hours. Everyone was dancing, he picked the right music, he came out to the floor several times, he kept the party moving. And did all those nice little things with the mother daughter, bride and groom dances. He was fantastic.

Sent on 06/10/2021

Emily · Married on 05/29/2021

Amazing & fun experience!

Black Tie Entertainment was so professional and easy to work with! John Lukehart was incredible as our DJ! He helped so much with the music, and also the timeline for the night. He did an amazing job keeping our guests dancing the whole time. We had so many guests comment to us about how great the music and energy were at our reception! Could not recommend more!!

Sent on 06/04/2021

Katrina I. · Married on 05/29/2021

Flexible and super helpful!

Working with Black Tie was great, and Eamonn played a big role in making our day special. When we had to change our plans due to covid, there was no question about adjusting the contract, and we really appreciated that flexibility. Eamonn was positive and helpful throughout the entire process, worked with us through the (many) changes including a last minute shift of the format due to rain, and guided us on how to set the flow for our big day. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/13/2021

Kristin · Married on 05/23/2021

Lively, Organized, Fun!

Justin with Black Tie was nothing short of amazing. All of our guests raved about the music! He was able to read the crowd and play music accordingly without including the cliché songs like the cha cha slide (as requested). Justin is lively, friendly, organized, and kind. He was the perfect balance of professional and fun! Even in the tumultuous Covid era, he supported us throughout all of the changes. Black Tie provided online planning tools that were helpful. They also provided a photobooth that gave guests their photo strip and gave us a digital copy of all of the photos too! Everyone had a ton of fun with the booth! It even came with props.

Sent on 06/11/2021

Shane J. · Married on 05/22/2021

Best DJ for Wedding!

We are so happy we went with Black Tie for our wedding! We spoke with a number of companies/DJs, and Black Tie easily stood out among the rest. In our initial consult with Dave, we laid out our vision, and he pointed us in the direction of Matt - couldn’t have been a more perfect fit. Matt has a wealth of experience; he was engaging throughout the entire process, helping us navigate music selection for the dance party and sprinkling in great ideas for those special songs. He has such a fun personality, and really did make this process easy for us. This team was super responsive and the portal/forms were easy to use! Thank you Dave, Matt, and Black Tie Entertainment!

Sent on 05/25/2021