1156 Reviews for Black Tie Entertainment

Photobooth (20)
Liability Insurance (19)
Bilingual MC (3)
Flat Screen (1)

Matt Johnson was our DJ. He was very knowledgeable, professional, and very helpful throughout the entire process. He kept the dance floor going. Almost everyone was out on the dance floor at some point and majority of night most of our guests were out there having a great time! We definitely recommend Black Tie Entertainment for your wedding.

Profile Picture Danielle, 8/11/18, 3 Reviews
2.9

Our DJ was professional and friendly when we planned the reception music . However, he took put his stuff in one of only two dressing room spaces! My groomsmen didn’t have space to get ready!! If you are on a budget, this is an ok service . Use at your own risk .

Profile Picture Hart , 8/4/18, 1 Review
1.4

Horrible! We had several conversations with Mark T/ Black Tie Entertainment DJ prior to our 25th Renewal. We talked about venue, guest demographics and type of music for all three areas of the day and the overall Boho California vibe. We provided 3 separate Spotify playlists. We gave him all materials and asked him to listen to it so, he could understand what we were going for. We also asked to play a song by my daughter during the ceremony and provided the recording. We asked if he should bring extra help and he said, that it was not necessary. We trusted him. Mystake! We agreed that being that he was a paid professional with lots of experience, he would be able to mix in his choice songs alongside ours. After all, that is what a DJ does. Instead of just playing out playlists only.
During our ceremony the music as great including my daughter's song. However, the mic cut off 3 times when the officiant was speaking. At cocktail hour: we did not recognize any of our songs. During dinner: he put on some random and awful elevator music and LEFT THE LOCATION!!!! so, we could not ask him to change it! He was dismantling the ceremony site. He should have checked with us prior to leaving to make sure we were satisfied. For dancing we heard about 4 to 6 of our songs and some other awful songs that did not go with the previous songs as far as rhythm or genre and cleared the dance floor completely 3 times. At the end of the evening 11pm he told the guests abruptly that the party was oner and refused to play any more music even after being asked by guests. He was supposed to announce that the party could continue indoors and not be so rude. He left without saying good bye but took a big TIP with him. Our party planner spoke to BTE and we have yet to get at least our tip back. He was the worst part of our day. And it cannot be done over again! WE ARE VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH HIM AND BTE.

Profile Picture Cami, 7/28/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Tony was amazing!! All we wanted was him to keep everyone dancing and that’s exactly what he did. He helped me create a special father daughter dance too and it was perfect. Black Tie was great as an overall company. Jennifer was very responsive to all my questions and assisted me anytime I needed anything. I would highly recommend them to any couple looking for DJs that will keep the party going!

Profile Picture Christina, 7/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Selecting a vendor with any degree of confidence when your wedding is out of town is a challenge. When you don't live in an area it's hard to get the inside information as to who the great DJs are. Word of mouth is everything for me as I trust recommendations given by people who have used vendors but also know me and my expectations. There is a difference between someone you know telling you "this is a great DJ" and someone you don't know saying the something. So please get to know me...I am a very particular Mother of the Bride who wanted to have a fantastic DJ to get my guests up and dancing and having a great time...I wanted an involved Dj who would emcee the evening with grace and professionalism but not one that would make the evening about him...I wanted a DJ who would basically read my mind about the songs that should be played...and that's what I got. I cannot begin to express adequately how much I loved our DJ, Matt Johnson. HE MADE OUR NIGHT! Let me say our wedding was awesome in large part thanks to Matt. My guests had a fantastic time and so many of them commentated afterward on what great DJ we had! You are throwing one of the biggest parties of your life and you want to be confident about one of the key parts, the DJ. Once we found Black Tie Entertainment and went to their DJ night (btw I highly recommend attending this event...it was very helpful in picking the DJ personality you are looking for) we were confident we had found the DJ for us. I knew Matt would do a great job and in the end he exceeded my expectations! He was truly awesome...we had a great planning meeting, he was easy to work with, he really listened to what we wanted and even if we didn't know exactly what songs we wanted, he knew. I did find the Dj who could read my mind! I highly recommend Matt and his company Black Tie Entertainment. They have many DJs and you will find that perfect DJ for your event!

Profile Picture Constance, 7/28/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

I have worked with Eamon with the Blue Star Moms and that is what prompted me to ask for him for my daughter's wedding and we were not disappointed and I will recommend him again and again.

Profile Picture Karen, 7/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Yonni Rude was da. bomb!!! From the day we first meet he was very professional, interested and attentive to our musical needs. He was energetic, engaging and enthusiastic. The people who were at our event are still raving about how good Yonni was.
We will highly recommend him to our friends.

Profile Picture Sherman, 7/21/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

I just had my wedding on 7/21/18 and used Black Tie Entertainment. After doing a lot of research on DJ's and seeing online reviews from several websites, I decided to reach out to them. The company is so well organized, professional, and responsive! I had an initial call with the booking agent for about 30 minutes to go over the type of wedding I was having (e.g. type of music, age groups of guests, etc.). They have a very nice portal where you can provide all the details on your wedding and provide the songs that definitely should be played. We got the DJ/MC and 16 uplighting package. The uplighting were all wireless and the color could be changed throughout the night and were controlled by our DJ's smartphone, which was really cool!. We decided on Amber during dinner and DJ discretion during the open dance floor. It worked out so well and heavily contributed to the entire ballroom looking so amazing. Our DJ/MC was DJ Eddy Bobby. He has amazing reviews everywhere so I was excited to be able to book him. Even after having such high expectations, I must say I was blown away with DJ Eddy Bobby's attention to detail, experience, professionalism, and flawless smooth music selection all night long. He had multiple calls with me before the wedding to make sure he went over the timeline of the day, pronunciations of the wedding party members, music type preferences, etc. It has only been two days since my wedding but I have already received multiple calls and text messages from guests saying how amazing and professional the DJ/MC was. The introductions seemed so classy, elegant, and personalized instead of an MC just going through the motions and announcing the names he is given. DJ Eddy Bobby went the extra mile the entire night and wanted to make sure the entire night was special. Just to give one example of his professionalism, we had a sweethearts table and Eddy came to me to see if he could go get us something to drink. Just amazed!! Thank you DJ Eddy Bobby!!!

Profile Picture Faraz, 7/21/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Our DJ was wonderful! He was very experienced and accommodating to a few unforeseen last minute changes. Definitely recommend!!

Profile Picture Ivy, 7/21/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer

Chris Laing did an awesome job of connecting with us initially and helping us figure out what would be best for our event considering the demographics of our guests and our personal tastes. He was professional, accommodating, and adept during preparation and at the event itself he struck the perfect balance between keeping our guests engaged and letting the event take its natural course. We received so many compliments on his work and we highly recommend his services :)

Profile Picture Elise, 7/20/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Our experience with Black Tie was fantastic! Our DJ Eamonn was very helpful and accommodating!

Profile Picture Marie, 7/14/18, 2 Reviews
4.3

Overall we had a great experience with Eric. However there were a couple of big details that didn’t follow according to plan. When I began my walk down the aisle he played the wrong procession song, then changed it to the correct one when I was almost at the end of my walk. We also planned on having a bouquet toss but that didn’t happen as well, maybe it was because the wedding was a little behind schedule but we just would have appreciated that being acknowledged and not overlooked.

Profile Picture Catherine, 7/14/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Black Tie Entertainment was great to work with! They were professional throughout the whole process. They make all their clients feel very special. Our DJ Alicia Robinson made sure we got everything we wanted and was very insightful. She gave us some great ideas which we incorporated to make our day even more amazing! I highly recommend Black Tie for affordable, outstanding service!

Profile Picture Emily, 7/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Black Tie Entertainment was great to work with. DJ Bill Gilliam was especially wonderful. Working with him was entirely stress free and he made sure our night went smoothly. We received so many compliments and highly highly recommend Bill. You cannot go wrong.

Profile Picture Larissa , 7/14/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth

I am still receiving compliments on Mike to this day! I pretty much left song choices up to him and he was phenomenal. Lots of great dancing music! Thank you Mike you were great!

Profile Picture Kendall, 7/14/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Tony was absolutely amazing. Very professional and you can feel his passion for what he does. When Tony explained to us the number of weddings he does a year and the diversity of settings we felt lucky to have someone with his experience. From day one Tony made the experience feel very personable. He wanted to know about the different aspects of our relationship, family, etc, as to create a filter to assure our experience felt tailor-made. Tony assisted with our main ceremony as well as the reception and his service was amazing. He knew exactly when to play the songs we selected as our favorites. Everything from announcements, amazing music, to catchy jokes to get our guest laughing, he covered it all. He engaged with our family and friends and we received a ton of compliments about our DJ selection. Tony even assisted with some small issues we had at the wedding with guest and family that we had no idea he stepped in and offered assistance for until after the wedding was over! We certainly received much more from a service standpoint then what we paid for. We plan to work with him again!

Profile Picture patrick, 7/8/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Loved everything about working with Black Tie!! Reggie was our DJ and he was so great. He was so professional and really listened to us and delivered exactly what we wanted. The ONLY thing I didn't love was that the photo booth came with generic props that I didn't like. Ideally, I would have liked to know they were planning to bring props ahead of time so I could have asked them not to, but everything else about the photo booth was great and it was a huge hit!!

Profile Picture Emma, 7/7/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

My wife and I had a great experience with Black Tie Entertainment for our wedding. I highly recommend using them as they are very responsive to your desires and requests. I especially recommend using DJ Eddy Bobby if you want a large range of music in your wedding. He is highly professional and has a lot of experience.

Profile Picture William, 7/6/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Wayne was fantastic - I would recommend him to anyone who does not need a lot of hype/annoying DJ talk during their wedding. He did a great job, and he couldn't have been nicer!

Profile Picture Kaitlin , 6/30/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Guests enjoyed the music selection

Profile Picture Patricia, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

This was for my daughters wedding. I would highly recommend Eddie he was very professional did a great job of keeping everything going as per the plan. Worked great with the wedding planner and hotel. Strongly suggest using him for multicultural weddings he blended the music to satisfy all 4 different groups involved. Thank you Eddie great job !

Profile Picture Priscilla, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Our DJ, Mike, and the rest of the Black Tie Entertainment team were an absolute pleasure to work with. Mike held several planning sessions with us in the months leading up the event - patiently walking us through every detail and minute of the timeline. His services really spoke for themselves on the day of our wedding - where his ability to read the crowd led to every single person having a great time on the dance floor. He did a fantastic job keeping us on schedule, entertaining our guests, and continuously checked in on us to make sure everything was going according to how we envisioned it would. We added a photo booth at the last minute and Black Tie Entertainment was fantastic at helping us create a custom printout and organize where the booth would be placed. The photo booth was a hit for all ages and we'll cherish the digitals for a long time to come. Can't recommend Mike and the rest of Black Tie Entertainment enough!

Profile Picture Ian, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Do not hesitate to hire Black Tie for your wedding. John Lukehart was our DJ, and he kept the party running. He made sure we had a solid plan for the day and kept things on track. A+ communication and service.

Profile Picture Sharon, 6/22/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We loved working with Blacktie Entertainment for our DJ/MC needs. The entire process was very streamlined, informative, and fun! We highly recommend checking them out by going to one of their open house mock receptions to check out the DJs and get a feel for the type of person you'll be working with. The value and professionalism provided was amazing for what we paid. We worked specifically with John Lukehart, and he did an AMAZING job planning, executing, and improvising for us. We can't speak highly enough for how grateful we are for finding him. Many of our guests came to us afterwards to compliment how good our DJ/music/atmosphere was, and it's all thanks to John.

Profile Picture Brandi, 6/22/18, 3 Reviews