black sheep filmworks Reviews

30 | Tucson, AZ

30 Reviews for black sheep filmworks

Krista · Married on 04/21/2018

Where does one begin? We feel so incredibly lucky to have had Stepheny and her team capture our wedding day last April--we have already watched our wedding videos countless times and just fall more and more in love with the little details and special moments they captured. Our wedding day was a dream and Black Sheep's artistry and care will allow us to relive that magic for decades to come. As we were wedding planning, budget-wise we were on the fence about getting a videographer but knew that if we did get one, it had to be Black Sheep (if you have watched Stepheny's videos you will know why!). We (and my mom, who helped with the cost) cannot imagine a better decision. Stepheny and her team were a seamless addition to the wedding day--they were kind and caring and somehow were able to unobtrusively be everywhere at once to capture the special details throughout the evening. If you are trying to decide whether to splurge for a videographer, our answer would be absolutely do it and make sure it's Black Sheep--you will be so happy you did!

Karen · Married on 03/18/2018

Black Sheep Filmworks is amazing and Stepheny was wonderful to work with on our wedding videography. I've watched our Indy Film and documentary style film about a million times since our wedding and one of the things that stands out to me is all the candid footage Stepheny and her team were able to get without me even knowing they were in the vicinity. They are like ninjas in the best way possible! I am so so so glad we will have this footage forever and be able to relive the memories through the films.

Alanna · Married on 09/16/2017

Hiring Stepheny and her team at Black Sheep was the best decision we ever made! The video they made is truly invaluable to me because it captures things that just don't come across in photography. Their creativity and skill are incredible and I am so glad I have this to watch over and over again! Stepheny was so much fun to work with and listened to everything I wanted. I highly recommend her to every bride!

Katharine · Married on 04/04/2015

We purchased all videos (preview, full length film, one word interviews and documentary) offered by BSF and are so glad! Her work is beyond outstanding and of the utmost quality. Our family was absolutely delighted with her creativeness and editing process. Stepheny is delightful to work with and was unobtrusive, yet fun, laid-back and very helpful throughout the day. We cannot praise her enough or recommend her more highly. We have an absolute treasure for our wedding memories and are pleased beyond our wildest dreams!

Elise · Married on 09/13/2014

If you're looking for the best look no further. Black Sheep Filmworks did a wonderful job with our wedding day video. When my husband and I received it we were floored by how beautifully it came together, and couldn't be happier with the result. Stepheny Keith, as well as her assistant, were an absolute pleasure to work with. They were professional and fun, and really helped make our day that much more enjoyable. Undoubtedly worth every penny!

Briana · Married on 06/14/2014

We are SO glad that Black Sheep Filmworks was a part of our wedding! Stepheny was so helpful throughout the process- communicating with us beforehand, helping us out on the actual big day, and then sending us the product when promised afterwards. We are amazed at the footage she was able to get, because for most of the wedding we really did not know that she and her crew were there. And we absolutely love our wedding preview! Stepheny is incredibly talented, and she was able to capture the mood of our wedding so well in such a short video. It tells such a beautiful story and it is unique to us. We highly recommend Stepheny for any wedding in Tucson!

Sarah · Married on 05/31/2014

If you are debating the need of a wedding videographer, don't - Black Sheep Filmworks is an absolute must have! Our wedding film turned out amazing! Stepheny makes you feel very comfortable and the shots they get are something right out of a movie. We love our wedding photos but the video truly brings back all the feelings we had on our special day and captures all the love and joy. It made us cry and laugh all over again. It will be something I cherish forever. Out of all the money we spent on our wedding I feel like the Black Sheep Filmworks was by far the most worth it. My advice to my brides to be: don't go without a videographer even if you have to cut your budget elsewhere you wont regret it, I promise.

Tonya · Married on 04/12/2014

I never really thought having a videographer at my wedding was something I wanted to do. I didn't want someone with a videocamera in my guests faces or in the way asking stupid questions, and then I saw a video done by Black Sheep. It was amazing, beautiful and provided a wonderful way to remember such an important day. I knew I had to have Black Sheep at my wedding. I didn't even shop around for videographers because I knew that no one could do a better job.
    Stepheny Keith is an invaluable member of any wedding team. She is so much fun to have around during your big day, and her talent is unmeasurable.
    Without our wedding video from Black Sheep, I would have missed out on so many things that went on at my wedding. They captured so many things that were so special. I still watch my video on a daily basis and it takes me back to my wedding day like it was yesterday.
    I know weddings are costly, but having Black Sheep Filmworks at your wedding is worth every penny and I guarantee you won't regret it. Stepheny's work gives you something to hold on to that even an amazing photographer can't.

Samantha · Married on 03/07/2014

Hiring Black Sheep Filmworks was the best decision I made when planning our March wedding. Stepheny was so committed to our final product and making sure we had a masterpiece that captured all the details from our perfect day! She captured intimate shots without being obtrusive during our event. The preview we got was perfect for sharing with friends and family and the complete video is something I know we will cherish for years to come. Our actual wedding flew by so quickly and having this video allows us to re-live some super special moments... saying our vows, sharing our first kiss and celebrating with our friends/family. Stepheny is THE BEST!

Gretchen · Married on 12/29/2013

Some of the best wedding planning advice I received was to go for a videographer.... And as it turned out, my husband and I feel the money spent to have Stepheny from Black Sheep film our wedding day, was money VERY well spent!! (Like, the best money we spent towards our entire wedding, the video is THAT good!) I feel so lucky to have had the chance find Black Sheep through our venue's preferred vendor list and even luckier to have been able to book them for our wedding day. Stepheny is as personable and fun as she is professional. If you have not seen Black Sheep Filmwork's vimeo channel, you MUST! The videos speak for themselves. Although, Black Sheep may be a bit more expensive than other videographers, it is well worth it. Honestly, I can't imagine having had our wedding without Stepheny and her team. The film that they produced is beyond anything I could have imagined. My wedding day was a dream come true and to be able to watch it over and over again (and I have!) is absolutely priceless.

jessica · Married on 03/23/2013

I would like to say that Stepheny and her assistant did a tremendously fabulous job on our film. The final product was absolutely breath taking. I couldnt be happier with the video. She is also very personable and has a way of making you feel very comfortable. She really captured the joy and fun atmosphere of the day. I would highly reccommend her to anyone!

Cheri · Married on 01/11/2013

We used Black Sheep Filmworks to video my son's wedding and I wouldn't in a million years use anyone else! To cut a few corners we had debated hiring a videographer at all, but I couldn't resist - I enjoy photo and video too much to let this special day go by without it. Stephanie from Black Sheep was highly recommended to us by our photographer and when I reviewed some of her work, and her reviews, I just knew it had to be her. I wanted the day captured in way that was more than "just a video," and that was just what Black Sheep had to offer. Turned out to be the best decision we made - Stephanie far exceeded anything we could have imagined!

We had started by contacting Stephanie on pretty short notice (just over a month before the wedding) and she was so pleasant, such a professional and immediately responsive. She made herself available and made all of the arrangements, communicating with us every step of the way to be certain she delivered exactly what the bride and groom wanted.

The bride and groom felt they could completely trust Stephanie and so they left it to her expertise to design their video/movie - highly recommended - leave it to the pro! She made it PERFECT! Stephanie identified their personalities and their style and produced the most beautiful video I've ever seen.

Stephanie did such an amazing job, so far above and beyond our expectations. She captured every precious moment in a way we could not have imagined, and she did the most AMAZING job clipping and editing and piecing it all together. We LOVED how she made it more like a movie than a video. The recap was beautiful, and the "behind the scenes" was hilarious...so unexpected I was laughing so hard I couldn't stop.

Best decision we made was selecting Black Sheep Filmworks to capture the special day.

We have the perfect wedding keepsake forever and it is AMAZING!

Stephanie thank you so very much! Highly recommend you to anyone.

• vutang50

Vu · Married on 12/15/2012

We had multiple ceremonies in a single day that we wanted to film, so we chose the full length documentary style for the morning ceremony, and selected the Wedding Film option for the evening ceremony and reception. The Wedding Film turned out absolutely amazing, and I know how intensive the amount of work is to put that together. Stepheny was so great to work with throughout the whole process, she has a glowing personality and is easy to work with with an exceptional attitude. Stepheny and her crew was so well organized and prepared, and worked so well with photographers, and blended into the environment that we were not aware they were there filming. The filming used a lot of camera techniques and I am now conviced that it is worth much more then just a still photo.

Sent on 04/29/2013

black sheep filmworks's reply:

Thank you so much Vu! Your review is so lovely, just like you and Linda. Your day was incredible, and you certainly gave us a lot of "eye candy" to film. I'm so glad you cherish your wedding film ;)

Linda · Married on 12/15/2012

Being a photo/video enthusiast, I was skeptical about finding a videographer that would be able to capture our special day. After finding Black Sheep and reviewing through their portfolio, I was surprised to find myself watching every video in full without skipping parts as I was intrigued for every scene, even though it was with people I didn't know, as if I was watching a film/show. Black Sheep is not just about capturing moments, or reliving a day, or about finding surprises that you didn't know about, it is a well told story and beautiful cinematic art. We had multiple ceremonies in a single day that we wanted to film, so we chose the full length documentary style for the morning ceremony, and selected the Wedding Film option for the evening ceremony and reception. The Wedding Film turned out absolutely amazing, and I know how intensive the amount of work is to put that together. Stepheny was so great to work with throughout the whole process, she has a glowing personality and is easy to work with with an exceptional attitude. Stepheny and her crew was so well organized and prepared, and worked so well with photographers, and blended into the environment that we were not aware they were there filming. The filming used a lot of camera techniques and I am now convinced that it is worth much more then just a still photo. The highlight video is a great way to share with everyone the ceremony, but the Wedding Film will be cherished by ourselves forever. It is very well worth the investment.

Vanessa · Married on 04/14/2012

Stepheny with Black Sheep was simply fantastic!! About three years ago, I was a brides maid to my friend's wedding, and on the day of she woke up and burst into tears that she didn't have video. After that I stole her phone, and made as many phone calls as possible to ensure 'someone' who was attending the wedding would show with a camcorder. In my head, I knew this would not be how I would do this... and so when I saw Stepheny's work, I knew it was her or I'd go without! I was thrilled when she was open for our wedding date, and in all honesty, the talk is.... 'we can't wait to see the video!' The reception started off tame, but went off the hook pretty quick, and everyone is looking forward to seeing how it all went down! Thank you Stepheny for everything - it was a fantastic night, and you made it even better! Cheers! =)

Melaney · Married on 03/24/2012

Having Black Sheep and Stepheny be a part of our wedding was the best decision we could have ever made! We were refered to Stepheny by some friends of ours who had booked her for their event years prior. My husband and I weren't really considering getting a video of the wedding, but once we visited her website we were hooked and just had to have her be a part of our day!

The level of service from pre-wedding, the big day and even after was incredible (and trust me, that's a tough task for anyone who has to deal with my husband and me)!

It's been about ten months since our wedding and we still love to watch our video regularly and show it off to everyone who asks. It truly is the best reminder (besides having eachother) that we have of that special day and I'm so glad we were lucky enough to have someone so wonderful and understanding have made it all possible for us. We love Stepheny and the Black Sheep!!

shannon · Married on 11/11/2011

Black Sheep Photography.....summed up in one word......"STUNNING"!!!

During the planning of our wedding I must say that we were hesitant about spending the extra money on a videographer, as i am sure most are. However, now after seeing the video we both agree that choosing Stepheny and her team was the best money spent. Let me repeat that..."The best $$$ Spent"!! :)

In fact, immediately after we watched the video we were so taken aback that we ran to the computer and booked flights to Canada so that we can go watch the video with our parents. We decided that we just couldn't mail it to them and not be there to see their expressions.....so we're flying up to go watch it with them.

Black Sheep Photography did an amazing job. The video is a two hour movie that makes you laugh, cry and relive the most important day of your life.

We can't praise them enough, and if we could, we'd give them all 10's instead of 5's on this survey.

Thanks again Stepheny & your team.....we are so very glad that we chose you to be there with us for our wedding day!! ANd thanks to you we will have those moments to cherish forever!! :)

Allison · Married on 10/22/2011

Black Sheep was AMAZING to work with! They were on time, easy to work with and our video turned out better than we could have ever imagined. The Black Sheep staff blended in well at our ceremony and were very discreet with their filming so a not to interrupt and of the special moments throughout the day. The quality of the video and accompanying music was great and they listened to what we wanted captured on our video. Book Black Sheep for your wedding with confidence- you won't be disappointed!

M · Married on 10/01/2011

Stepheny Keith and her staff at Black Sheep Filmworks are the consummate professionals who combines incredible skill and talent with gracious sensitivity. Most of the time over a 7-8 hour time frame, we weren't even aware of her (their) presence... And not until we viewed the spectacular fruit of her work did we realize she was somehow everywhere at the same time, capturing precious memories in such an exquisite manner. Her gifted ability was able to preserve for us the countless, precious moments of before, during, and after our son's wedding-- And we are forever thankful!

Christy · Married on 05/14/2011

As we were in the beginning stages of planning for our wedding, I was very undecided whether I should even have a videographer, but my Mother highly suggested I do it. We met with Stepheny/Black Sheep and one other company. We loved both of them, however there was something very special about Stepheny when we met with her. Immediately we felt comfortable and felt as though she knew exactly what we were looking for to make our day enjoyable and relivable for years to come. It was a natural partnership. On our wedding day, we felt as though she and her team were part of our wedding, not just vendors at our wedding. She has a non-obtrusive style, yet captures moments throughout the day that make you feel you are right there when it all happened. We have watched our video over and over and it just never seems to get old. Our friends and family have enjoyed it just as much. It's not just a video, it's like watching a movie, your movie, of the best day of your life. One of my favorite parts of the completed copy is the one word interviews that take place during the reception. While all the guests are enjoying the cocktail hour, we were still taking pictures, but after watching this part of our video we were able to experience what it was like and seeing so many of our guests. I could watch the recap over and over because it highlighted the most special parts of the day and just by watching that you feel as though you experienced everything, even if you were not there. Another fun part is the Behind the Scenes, having the laughs and capturing those real moments. I am So happy that I chose to have a videographer and more importantly that we had the best of the best with Black Sheep. So, one word to describe Black Sheep (although there are many).... AMAZING... Truly AMAZING!! We cannot thank you enough for everything, because of you we are able to relive the best day of our lives for years to come and hopefully someday with our children! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Christy and Duncan Tyson
    PS. You are the best Stepheny, I hope our paths cross again.

Amelia · Married on 03/26/2011

Amazing video, very sweet and friendly. Wonderful to work with.

Kristin · Married on 03/12/2011

Stepheny was professional and accommodating. She asked the perfect questions and made me feel so relaxed. She was barely noticed during the ceremony and reception but captured all the moments perfectly. As a detail oriented person I was able to forget about this detail and enjoy the wedding.

Emily · Married on 10/30/2010

Like many brides, I was on the fence at first about wedding videography because of the cost and I wasn't sure how much use we'd get out of the video. Now after watching our wedding video from Stepheny at Black Sheep Productions I can honestly say it was the best investment of the whole wedding.

Stepheny was our favorite vendor from start to finish. She was so easy to work with and a total pro. I felt like we were friends immediately and I never had to give her any direction -- she picked up on everything we wanted from the start and truly delivered. She was also very professional the day of the wedding, blending in while still capturing every detail.

Our wedding video is absolutely everything I wanted and more. She captured every important moment plus every detail I had put so much work into and edited it flawlessly into the perfect length to watch over and over again. The highlights (recap) video is equally as incredible and such a fun thing to share with friends/family. My husband and I are so thankful we have this priceless memento to re-live such a special day.

I would recommend Stepheny and Black Sheep Productions a million times over!

• Bridetobe

Tara · Married on 03/20/2010

If you are have even the slightest desire to hire a wedding videographer I have 2 pieces of advice for you.....
    1) DO IT!!!!!!!! and
    2) HIRE BLACK SHEEP FILMWORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stepheny and Yone captured every detail of my wedding day with such finesse! I booked Black Sheep over a year out from my wedding date-I saw Stepheny at a local bridal show and went home with one of her amazing sample DVD's-there was so much content on it that I was floored-each clip made me fall more and more in love with what they do! I met and booked with her less than a week later.

During the planning process I emailed Stepheny many times : ) She was always so lovely and quick to respond (which I really appreciated since I was an impatient bride). On the day of she showed up right on time-I knew that punctuality was not going to be an issue with her. After the wedding day she had the final DVD to me right on time.

I know people say that it is important to mesh well with your wedding vendors and I couldn't agree more! You are going to spend more time with your vendors than with your fiance/new spouse that day! Stepheny was great to have with me all day-she was energetic and upbeat and she also had this great calming effect on me. I was stressed about time (like every other bride) and she just kept reminding me that it was okay and that nothing could start without me! She also went above and beyond numerous times-she even helped keep me looking my best during portraits while my bridal party enjoyed the cocktail hour.

Hiring a videographer is not cheap, but I can honestly say even though it might sound slightly cheesy that my DVD is absolutely priceless. The day you have spent months (if not years on) will be gone in a blink of an eye and there are so many things I didn't catch or that I just plain out do not remember-Black Sheep has given all of those things to me and so much more. There are not words to describe how grateful I am for these amazing people and the incredible thing they do for brides and grooms and their families.

I did not cry a single tear on my wedding day, but I cry each and every time I watch my DVD. For sure the single most important and amazing decision I made for my wedding day!

Sent on 08/18/2010

black sheep filmworks's reply:

Tara, as usual, you made me SO happy. I was truly blessed when you and Chris came into my life. This review is glowing, just like you two. And I agree, I feel that what we do is priceless! Thank you Tara!

Jennie · Married on 03/06/2010

Such an amazing video and the staff was wonderful. I didn't even realize they were there. We had just our ceremony taped, but loved it so much! They did a great job with the intro and extro too.