83 Reviews for Black Dahlia Inc.

User Photos
Single Flowers (2)
Flower Girl Baskets (2)
Flower Crowns (1)
83 Black Dahlia Inc. Reviews

Sonja was fantastic to work with! From the first meeting I had with her she truly had me set on working with Black Dahlia. She put together samples of what I was looking for right away and truly stayed within my budget. Up until the wedding I had a few changes here and there with table set ups (had oval tables originally but ended up with rounds) and she had great ideas as to how to make my original ideas still work.

What I was most impressed with was when she told me she would be the one setting everything up. Let me tell you everything was beautiful and just how I had imagined it. From the aisle runner to the bouquets, to my centerpieces, I loved everything.

Black Dahlia works with you and your budget and is very knowledgeable in their craft. I recommend them without hesitation!

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 11/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Samples, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements

I am so beyond happy that I used Black Dahlia as my florist for my wedding. From the moment I walked into the shop I just knew they were going to be my pick. I had a vision of using my favorite flowers, Gerber Daisies and having all the bright fall colors- I met with Sonja and she literally took my vision and made it beyond anything I could ever have imagine. The center pieces were amazing and our bouquets were gorgeous!! My family could not believe how beautiful the flowers looked. I would definitely use them for any other occasion that I may have in the future or just to order a beautiful bouquet. Black Dahlia, thank you so much!!

Profile Picture Michelle, 11/3/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Samples, Set Up, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements

After my first appointment with Sonja I was confident she could create what I envisioned for my wedding day. I came in with ideas and pictures and Sonja was mindful of our budget and was able to suggest flowers that could create the look I wanted while staying within our price range. I made changes along the way with the flowers and Sonja was very accommodating and emailed me back promptly. The flowers were delivered on time to our hotel, church, and venue on our wedding day and they were beautiful!! I'd highly recommend Black Dahlia!

Profile Picture Ian, 9/23/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements, Delivery, Set Up

Sheryl was wonderful! I procrastinated the florist because I was dreading it and it ended up being my favorite part of the planning process because of how helpful and calm Sheryl was. She doesn't try to tack on extra cost or push you past your limit and yet she did everything in her power to make my flowers beautiful without showing my skimpy budget. Very professional and on top of things! Loved the final product!

Profile Picture User7784935, Recently Married, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Flower Petals, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements

After meeting with a few wedding florists, it was like a breath of fresh air walking into Black Dahlia & working with Sheryl! She listened to everything I wanted & didn't talk me out of anything. Anything that I wanted she made possible!!! We were beyond thrilled with how everything came out. My bouquet & the girl's bouquets were absolutely gorgeous & lasted all day! And she had made a custom piece for our ceremony that was stunning!!!! I would highly reccommend them for your big day!!

Profile Picture Alexa, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

You will be inspired just walking in to Black Dahlia with all the amazing pieces around the shop to help bring out your wedding style. After months of browsing Pinterest to find looks that seemed to fit our vintage gold coast style wedding we had a general idea in mind but needed guidance to bring it to life. Sheryl was the guide we needed; she is so compassionate and it felt like the little details of our wedding were really important to her too. In addition to her passion and creativity, her organization, flawless paperwork, quick responses, and flexibility to make tweaks as we went along made us so happy to see her each time we visited the shop as the wedding day approached. We worked with candles and mercury glass to keep the budget in line which perfectly complemented the cymbidium orchids and quicksand roses that were our featured dinner centerpiece flowers. The size of our wedding at NYIT de Seversky Mansion made use of the whole house and the Gatsby style feather centerpieces were the perfect way to complement the ballroom for dancing. The bride’s calla lily bouquet was just the right size, with perfect ribbon work and even lasted a week after the wedding. Sheryl was around personally, and early, on the day of our wedding and even repurposed items as we transitioned locations. The flowers were so fresh and the designs perfectly executed as envisioned.

Photo for Black Dahlia Inc. Review - bride bouquet of all white calla lilies side view
Photo for Black Dahlia Inc. Review - bridesmaids bouquet of desert and blush roses side view
Photo for Black Dahlia Inc. Review - bridesmaids bouquet of desert and blush roses top view
Photo for Black Dahlia Inc. Review - ceremony pillar
Photo for Black Dahlia Inc. Review - ceremony pillar detail
Photo for Black Dahlia Inc. Review - high white cymbidium orchid centerpiece in dining room
Photos
Photo for Black Dahlia Inc. Review - low desert and white rose centerpiece in garden room
Photo for Black Dahlia Inc. Review - high white cymbidium orchids centerpiece in garden room
Photo for Black Dahlia Inc. Review - full dining room view with Gatsby high orchid centerpieces
Photo for Black Dahlia Inc. Review - bride bouquet of all white calla lilies top view
Profile Picture Mark, 8/26/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up

Our flowers were beautiful. We had so many complements about our flowers! Sonja was fabulous!

Profile Picture Jacqlyn, 8/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Black Dahlia's is absolutely AMAZING!!! I worked with Sonja, who I knew I could trust 100% with making my flowers beautiful and unforgettable for my July 2017 wedding. Sonja was committed to making my vision come true. Sonja is incredibly creative, impeccable and dependable. My fiancé and I made a mistake with how many tables we thought we had. We told Sonja 15 when really needed 17 centerpieces! Sonja ran out on the spot to Michael's to create our wooden boxes and get supplies. Like a magician she made everything look PERFECT!!! Another florist would have walked out of our venue with no help at all since the error was our mistake NOT the florist. I love this vendor and can not wait to use them again in the future!! THANK YOU!!! :)

Profile Picture Janine, 7/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

By far the best decision I made for my wedding. Sheryl was beyond amazing from the time I first reached out to her.
She sat with us for over 2 hours on our first meeting and then again right before our wedding.
My guests did nothing but rave about how stunning our centerpieces and bouquets were. They also loved how she tied in a subtle rememberence into grooms side boutierres for his brother that passed. She also did our table numbers (in rose gold...an annoyingly beautiful color that she had down pat) and made everything breathtaking!
She's was recommended to us by a co-worker and I'm so happy We went with them. Even my dad (who is hard to impress was blown away)!!!

Profile Picture Tara, 6/24/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Girl Baskets, Non-Floral, Table Arrangements

Black Dahlia is such a wonderful company to do business with. My husband and I met with Sheryl during our first initial meeting, and she immediately knew the overall look that we wanted to capture for our wedding, and everything was executed to perfection! During our first meeting I gave her our max budget, and she came in well under it. Our ceremony space, bouquets, and centerpieces all looked so beautiful! I recommend Sheryl and her team in a heartbeat. They are truly wonderful.

Profile Picture Joanna, 6/10/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Corsages, Flower Crowns, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements

Do not hesitate to work with Black Dahlia. Wedding was 2 days ago, and we're so happy with them!

Profile Picture Suzanne, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Flowers

I am so happy that we hired Sonja for our wedding flowers. Everything was beautiful, and I was so at ease from start to finish. I planned my wedding for almost 3 years and made at least two separate meetings before booking a wedding vendor, until I met with Sonja. I went to the initial meeting with my mom, we got to the car and I thought to myself, "Why am I not booking this right now?" I just got such great vibes from her, I knew she was the perfect florist for me. I went back in and put the deposit down because I knew I didn't want to lose her to another bride!

I showed her a few pinterest pictures and gave her a couple of descriptions and she literally had my entire wedding vision on paper in 10 minutes. I felt like I was sitting and chatting with one of my friends. It was such a fun and comfortable experience. I had told her from the very beginning that I had a very small budget for florals. Most vendors give you the stink eye the second you bring up money in the first meeting. Sonja assured me that she had just been married and knows the feeling. She gave me different ideas and ways that we could modify the order in order to save money. We used in season florals and I had simple flowers. My bridesmaids held simple baby's breath bouquets, and they were the most beautiful flowers I had ever seen. This meeting was 2 years before my wedding. I was so happy and content with what she planned and did in that initial consultation, I literally never changed a thing over that two years and I never even needed to schedule another meeting.

The day of the wedding, everything arrived exactly on schedule and exactly as discussed. The flowers stayed beautiful the entire wedding. No wilting, no stray flowers. They were safe and secure. Even when I threw the bouquet at the end! There was another wedding in the church right before ours. The second the other wedding ended, they went into the church and set up everything in just a few minutes.

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/28/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Corsages, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up

Black Dahlia did an incredible job on our wedding flowers. They came out gorgeous! Sheryl was also helpful in the planning process and very accommodating in staying within our budget.

Profile Picture User7747687, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I dealt with Sonia and she is amazing! By far the best vendor I worked with planning our wedding. The flowers were breathtakingly beautiful and they exceeded my expectations.

Profile Picture User7406010, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Let me start by saying the Black Dahlia location is 100% beautiful. You walk into a room full of wedding everything and you smell the amazing flowers. By far my favorite vendor to visit. I worked directly with Sonja. She was amazing. She helped me figure out what I want by my descriptions and I got EXACTLY what I wanted. It was easy and everything was amazing. Even the woman who delivered the flowers to my home was sweet and congratulated me with a genuine smile on her face. I loved everything about this vendor and the flowers were perfect. My bouquet was exactly what I wanted, and I couldn't be happier.

Profile Picture Miscelleana, 10/8/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements, Delivery

Black Dahlia did an AMAZING job on my September 16th wedding! The bouquets and centerpieces were gorgeous and fresh. They really went above and beyond to make my day beautiful. I HIGHLY recommend them!!!

Profile Picture Danielle, 9/16/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

To start, Black Dahlia was professional and very responsive. Even after our initial meeting, when we realized we had gone a bit above our budget, they were more than accommodating and we found easy solutions to cut a few dollars here and there while keeping our ultimate vision. They also worked with us on colors (we ended up with mostly pinks, whites, and greens, which looked beautiful and romantic) and flower combinations until we felt really confident in our ultimate choices. We could not have been happier with the flowers on our wedding day--they were everything we imagined and more! Sheryl (and Sonja) did such a spectacular job. We were so in awe of the room—with the high centerpieces exactly as I pictured them in my mind--and I absolutely loved my bouquet. The flowers at the church were also amazing--and it was so nice walking down the aisle to see the beautiful display. Really and truly, Sheryl worked with us and made our wedding very special. I would highly, highly recommend Black Dahlia for any wedding or party. We’ll definitely be using them again when the time comes!

Profile Picture Tula, 6/18/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I instantly clicked with Sonja upon meeting her at my initial meeting. I didn't know much about flowers, but she guided me through the process. I felt complete confidence that she could execute my vision and help me choose amazing flowers for my look. Even when looking into other florists she was completely honest about what she could and could not do and let me know when others were being dishonest. Burton's had told me a flower I wanted couldn't be done at my May wedding, but Sonja assured me she could get them. When I went into see my sample a year before my wedding I decided I didn't like the flower, but she kept to her word and was able to get me it. She was always there to recommend other vendors for other work I needed done. Sonja is amazing and I would recommend her to anyone and everyone!!

Profile Picture Diana, 5/7/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

My wedding date was a day before Mother's Day so I was nervous about the prices and supplies. However, after meeting with Sonja, all my worries went away and I knew my wedding is going to be perfect. I spoke to Sonja on the phone first and she seems really nice but once I met her in person, I was completely impressed. All I am going to say is that she was phenomenon. Sonja was so organized, professional and of course an incredible florist. Sonja suggested and offered many choices/ideas for our wedding ceremony, reception and of course with our bouquets of flowers. She was very sweet and she was not pushy or intimidating at all. I honestly felt that she sincerely care so much about her clients. From the beginning of hiring Sonja to after the wedding, everything was perfect. Sonja was truly an amazing person/florist inside and out. I am writing this review not because I was asked to. I am hoping this review will help those of you who are looking for an amazing and professional florist at your wedding or any other occasions, Sonja/Black Dahlia is going to be perfect for you.

Profile Picture Stella, 5/7/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Non-Floral, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up

Sheryl from Black Dahlia Florist was the most wonderful part of our wedding planning! The flowers at our wedding were gorgeous and exactly what we wanted. At every meeting she took the time to make sure every question I had was answered and even offered me helpful advice on other aspects of the wedding planning. She also totally worked within our budget, no questions asked. I would recommend working with Black Dahlia in a heartbeat!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User4828472, 1+ year ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up

Can not say enough great things about Sonja and Sheryl at Black Dahlia! They helped me zero in on exactly what I was looking for in my wedding flowers. I didn't know where to start but Sonja and Sheryl pointed me in the right direction and I am so happy with the results! When I think about my wedding day, I still see all of the colorful bouquets, sprays and center pieces in my mind. I got so many compliments on them, including my make up vendor who said my bouquet was the most beautiful bouquet she has ever seen... and she's seen a lot! You can tell that this is there passion, that they truly love what they do. It shows and it makes for some amazing results. Black Dahlia was one of the easiest vendors I worked with, very professional, responsive, energetic and so warm and easy going! What a pleasure to work with, I would highly recommend them (and in fact I have already to other friends and family)!!

Profile Picture User6609647, 1+ year ago, 13 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements

I cannot speak highly enough of my experience with Sonja at Black Dahlia. From the moment my (now) husband and I walked in, she made us feel totally comfortable and at home. I have about as little knowledge of flowers as is possible at an adult age, and Sonja was beyond patient as she showed us different blooms, shades, and possible arrangements. Not only is she incredibly skilled at what she does, but Sonja is also one of the funniest and most charismatic people my husband and I have had the pleasure of meeting. Every time we went for another appointment it was like hanging out with an old friend. On the day of our wedding, Sonja was literally there every step of the way and she made sure everything looked perfect. At the start of this process, flowers were the thing I thought I cared the least about. By the time our day rolled around I can honestly say that due to Sonja's phenomenal work our flowers & centerpieces were my absolute favorite detail. I truly cannot thank Sonja enough for her hard work, patience, sense of humor, and all around fabulous demeanor. She is a talented florist and wonderful person - you will not regret choosing Black Dahlia!!

Profile Picture User7051519, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Non-Floral, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Samples, Set Up

Me and my husband are so happy we chose Black Dahlia for our wedding!! Sheryl was amazing to work with, I also worked with her for my bridal shower! Sheryl is wonderful, patient, and so creative. My bouquets and centerpieces were outstanding, and exactly what I had in my mind, Black Dahlia made my dream come to life! I truly appreciate their wonderful work, and recommend them wholeheartedly.

Profile Picture Danielle, 12/13/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Sonja was incredibly patient and detailed oriented. She took the inspiration photos I had and turned them into beautiful arrangements that perfectly fit with my vintage wedding theme. Highly recommended!!

Profile Picture Megan, 12/5/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up