Black Dahlia Inc. Reviews

94 | Melville, NY

94 Reviews for Black Dahlia Inc.

94 Black Dahlia Inc. Reviews

persimonefink · Married on 10/20/2018

I don't do flowers but I LOVED these

I had no idea where to start when it came to flowers. I am one of those people who passes by a bouquet and it dies so I stay away. We met with Sheryl on my cousins recommendation and all I told her was that I wanted fluffy and white but simple. She showed me a couple of pictures and we agreed to the most reasonable floral price I'd found so far. Come wedding day and Sheryl herself drops off my bouquets and boutonnieres and I am in LOVE. They were perfect. We get to the venue and they had decorated the archway of our ceremony spot along with our tables so beautifully I was in shock. I could not recommend Black Dahlia enough. They did amazing work and I could not be happier!

Dina · Married on 09/07/2018

We used Black Dahlia for our September 7, 2018 wedding and it’s the best decision we made. I’m not a flower person in general and had no idea what I liked nor did I have any floral decor vision for my wedding. But Black Dahlia came to the rescue and the results were stunning...even our very seasoned photographer said it was the most beautiful they had seen in that space. Do yourselves a huge favor and let Black Dahlia take the stress out of cultivating your floral decor.

Black Dahlia Inc. 1
    Black Dahlia Inc. 2
    Black Dahlia Inc. 3

Amanda · Married on 08/18/2018

Thank you to Sonja who did an amazing job on our wedding day! The church decorations, bouquets, boutonnieres and main reception flowers were beautiful. Everything was so fresh and was delivered in a timely manner.

Sonja was such a pleasure to work with. She helps you visualize the arrangements by picking out different flowers in the shop and asking for your suggestions and opinions. It was a great experience especially for a visual person like myself. She was patient and made the process so simple especially with a few last minute minor additions and changes. It was great to work with a small local shop and not some big flower factory. They pay close attention to detail, work well with their clients and do a terrific job!

• Christine

Christine · Married on 08/18/2018

Gorgeous flowers!

It has been 2 months since my wedding and I am still receiving compliments on my gorgeous wedding flowers! When we went in for our initial appointment, we were greeted warmly and shown examples of several different options. Bouquet samples were put together on the spot to give us an idea of what our final product would look like. The staff at Black Dahlia are very knowledgeable. On the day of our wedding, our flowers were delivered on time and I was blown away by how gorgeous they were! My bridal bouquet was perfect, and exactly what I wanted. I highly recommend working with Black Dahlia!

Black Dahlia Inc. 4
    Black Dahlia Inc. 5
    Black Dahlia Inc. 6
    Black Dahlia Inc. 7
    Black Dahlia Inc. 8

Jenna · Married on 07/13/2018

I highly recommend Black Dahlia Florists. I met with both Sonja and Cheryl throughout the process and they were nothing but helpful and completely saw my vision. There was even a type of flower that every other florist told me they couldn’t get because it was just out of season. When I met with Sonja she atleast told me she would try her best to get the flower. On my wedding day, she delivered my bouquet with the flowers! It was so special and I really can’t thank them enough for everything they did. Everything was so beautiful!

Jennifer · Married on 06/24/2018

We booked Black Dahlia for our wedding on June 24, 2018 and we could not be happier that we chose them for our floral designs for our wedding. We met with Sheryl who provided us with mock bouquet and centerpieces of exactly what we envisioned. We were so pleased that we booked them on the spot. In addition to flowers, we also were pleased to rent our table numbers and a Mr. and Mrs. sign for our sweetheart table, a The day of the wedding, flowers were delivered to both the bride and groom's locations as well as our venue. Everything looked perfect, and it was even better than we had remembered. We loved Black Dahlia's flowers since we first saw them at a showcase, and were completely in love with the flowers they delivered, we absolutely would recommend them to everyone.

Rachel · Married on 05/27/2018

Sheryl at Black Dahlia did such an amazing job at our wedding. She went above and beyond, I was honestly in awe at all that she did when I walked into my own venue. She completely understood my vision and made it even better than I had hoped. Her prices are unbeatable and she was so helpful, even when we threw new requests at her last minute. 10/10!

Black Dahlia Inc. 9

Brittany · Married on 05/12/2018

Sonya could not have created my flowers any better. She knew exactly what I wanted, pastel colored flowers for spring and focused on French tulips. They were gorgeous. Couldn’t have been happier !!

Kristyn · Married on 04/21/2018

AMAZING! We got married on April 21 and Sonja with Black Dahlia was incredible from start to finish. She gave us ideas, listened to our ideas. She took ideas from what I shared or envisioned and created such a gorgeous day. The flowers were absolutely stunning. Sonja spent so much time planning with us. She really cares about weddings and enjoys doing them. She is a caring and kind person who puts so much effort and care into her work with clients. She's generous with her time. You can tell Sonja loves what she does. People are still talking about the flowers. Most people took centerpieces home and immediately contacted me asking for information on the florist. We would 100% without any reservation recommend Sonja and recommend Black Dahlia for all your floral needs. If you want your wedding to stand out...you need to use Black Dahlia.

Katherine · Married on 03/16/2018

If I could give them 10 stars, I would. Sonja and Sheryl exceeded my expections. I have to admit when I first was walked in, I had a modest budget for 10 tables and then i needed 18 tables because the amount of guests were coming, I almost wanted to cry. However, they worked with me in every way. They helped stretch it every way. They made my venue gorgeous. Every single person including men was floored. They were not only a florist, they were my therapist, when I had some hiccups with the venue. The flowers are still beautiful on my fireplace (my fireplace drapping) even after 3 days out of water. The room smelled amazing. If you are thinking about any other florist, do not go. You need to use them. I basically Pinterest my whole wedding and they mirrored it. I went with most of greenery because I love green and incorporated flowers. The only sad thing is I won’t talk to them as much because the wedding planning is over. However- if I need flowers- I’m using them.

Black Dahlia Inc. 10
    Black Dahlia Inc. 17
    Black Dahlia Inc. 18
    Black Dahlia Inc. 19

Kaitlin · Married on 11/11/2017

Sonja was fantastic to work with! From the first meeting I had with her she truly had me set on working with Black Dahlia. She put together samples of what I was looking for right away and truly stayed within my budget. Up until the wedding I had a few changes here and there with table set ups (had oval tables originally but ended up with rounds) and she had great ideas as to how to make my original ideas still work.

What I was most impressed with was when she told me she would be the one setting everything up. Let me tell you everything was beautiful and just how I had imagined it. From the aisle runner to the bouquets, to my centerpieces, I loved everything.

Black Dahlia works with you and your budget and is very knowledgeable in their craft. I recommend them without hesitation!

• Michelle & John

Michelle · Married on 11/03/2017

I am so beyond happy that I used Black Dahlia as my florist for my wedding. From the moment I walked into the shop I just knew they were going to be my pick. I had a vision of using my favorite flowers, Gerber Daisies and having all the bright fall colors- I met with Sonja and she literally took my vision and made it beyond anything I could ever have imagine. The center pieces were amazing and our bouquets were gorgeous!! My family could not believe how beautiful the flowers looked. I would definitely use them for any other occasion that I may have in the future or just to order a beautiful bouquet. Black Dahlia, thank you so much!!

• Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 09/30/2017

Amazing quality and service! Sonja was with me every step of the way. I even changed my color scheme completely and she didn't mind. She was very flexible and creative. I highly recommend!

Black Dahlia Inc. 20
    Black Dahlia Inc. 21
    Black Dahlia Inc. 22
  • I

Ian · Married on 09/23/2017

After my first appointment with Sonja I was confident she could create what I envisioned for my wedding day. I came in with ideas and pictures and Sonja was mindful of our budget and was able to suggest flowers that could create the look I wanted while staying within our price range. I made changes along the way with the flowers and Sonja was very accommodating and emailed me back promptly. The flowers were delivered on time to our hotel, church, and venue on our wedding day and they were beautiful!! I'd highly recommend Black Dahlia!

Catherine · Married on 09/09/2017

Sheryl was wonderful! I procrastinated the florist because I was dreading it and it ended up being my favorite part of the planning process because of how helpful and calm Sheryl was. She doesn't try to tack on extra cost or push you past your limit and yet she did everything in her power to make my flowers beautiful without showing my skimpy budget. Very professional and on top of things! Loved the final product!

Black Dahlia Inc. 23
    Black Dahlia Inc. 28
    Black Dahlia Inc. 29
    Black Dahlia Inc. 30

Alexa · Married on 09/03/2017

After meeting with a few wedding florists, it was like a breath of fresh air walking into Black Dahlia & working with Sheryl! She listened to everything I wanted & didn't talk me out of anything. Anything that I wanted she made possible!!! We were beyond thrilled with how everything came out. My bouquet & the girl's bouquets were absolutely gorgeous & lasted all day! And she had made a custom piece for our ceremony that was stunning!!!! I would highly reccommend them for your big day!!

Mark · Married on 08/26/2017

You will be inspired just walking in to Black Dahlia with all the amazing pieces around the shop to help bring out your wedding style. After months of browsing Pinterest to find looks that seemed to fit our vintage gold coast style wedding we had a general idea in mind but needed guidance to bring it to life. Sheryl was the guide we needed; she is so compassionate and it felt like the little details of our wedding were really important to her too. In addition to her passion and creativity, her organization, flawless paperwork, quick responses, and flexibility to make tweaks as we went along made us so happy to see her each time we visited the shop as the wedding day approached. We worked with candles and mercury glass to keep the budget in line which perfectly complemented the cymbidium orchids and quicksand roses that were our featured dinner centerpiece flowers. The size of our wedding at NYIT de Seversky Mansion made use of the whole house and the Gatsby style feather centerpieces were the perfect way to complement the ballroom for dancing. The bride’s calla lily bouquet was just the right size, with perfect ribbon work and even lasted a week after the wedding. Sheryl was around personally, and early, on the day of our wedding and even repurposed items as we transitioned locations. The flowers were so fresh and the designs perfectly executed as envisioned.

Black Dahlia Inc. 31
    Black Dahlia Inc. 38
    Black Dahlia Inc. 39
    Black Dahlia Inc. 40

Jacqlyn · Married on 08/25/2017

Our flowers were beautiful. We had so many complements about our flowers! Sonja was fabulous!

Janine · Married on 07/15/2017

Black Dahlia's is absolutely AMAZING!!! I worked with Sonja, who I knew I could trust 100% with making my flowers beautiful and unforgettable for my July 2017 wedding. Sonja was committed to making my vision come true. Sonja is incredibly creative, impeccable and dependable. My fiancé and I made a mistake with how many tables we thought we had. We told Sonja 15 when really needed 17 centerpieces! Sonja ran out on the spot to Michael's to create our wooden boxes and get supplies. Like a magician she made everything look PERFECT!!! Another florist would have walked out of our venue with no help at all since the error was our mistake NOT the florist. I love this vendor and can not wait to use them again in the future!! THANK YOU!!! :)

Tara · Married on 06/24/2017

By far the best decision I made for my wedding. Sheryl was beyond amazing from the time I first reached out to her.
    She sat with us for over 2 hours on our first meeting and then again right before our wedding.
    My guests did nothing but rave about how stunning our centerpieces and bouquets were. They also loved how she tied in a subtle rememberence into grooms side boutierres for his brother that passed. She also did our table numbers (in rose gold...an annoyingly beautiful color that she had down pat) and made everything breathtaking!
    She's was recommended to us by a co-worker and I'm so happy We went with them. Even my dad (who is hard to impress was blown away)!!!

• GreeneBunny

Joanna · Married on 06/10/2017

Black Dahlia is such a wonderful company to do business with. My husband and I met with Sheryl during our first initial meeting, and she immediately knew the overall look that we wanted to capture for our wedding, and everything was executed to perfection! During our first meeting I gave her our max budget, and she came in well under it. Our ceremony space, bouquets, and centerpieces all looked so beautiful! I recommend Sheryl and her team in a heartbeat. They are truly wonderful.

Suzanne · Married on 06/03/2017

Do not hesitate to work with Black Dahlia. Wedding was 2 days ago, and we're so happy with them!

Lauren · Married on 05/28/2017

I am so happy that we hired Sonja for our wedding flowers. Everything was beautiful, and I was so at ease from start to finish. I planned my wedding for almost 3 years and made at least two separate meetings before booking a wedding vendor, until I met with Sonja. I went to the initial meeting with my mom, we got to the car and I thought to myself, "Why am I not booking this right now?" I just got such great vibes from her, I knew she was the perfect florist for me. I went back in and put the deposit down because I knew I didn't want to lose her to another bride!

I showed her a few pinterest pictures and gave her a couple of descriptions and she literally had my entire wedding vision on paper in 10 minutes. I felt like I was sitting and chatting with one of my friends. It was such a fun and comfortable experience. I had told her from the very beginning that I had a very small budget for florals. Most vendors give you the stink eye the second you bring up money in the first meeting. Sonja assured me that she had just been married and knows the feeling. She gave me different ideas and ways that we could modify the order in order to save money. We used in season florals and I had simple flowers. My bridesmaids held simple baby's breath bouquets, and they were the most beautiful flowers I had ever seen. This meeting was 2 years before my wedding. I was so happy and content with what she planned and did in that initial consultation, I literally never changed a thing over that two years and I never even needed to schedule another meeting.

The day of the wedding, everything arrived exactly on schedule and exactly as discussed. The flowers stayed beautiful the entire wedding. No wilting, no stray flowers. They were safe and secure. Even when I threw the bouquet at the end! There was another wedding in the church right before ours. The second the other wedding ended, they went into the church and set up everything in just a few minutes.

tom · Married on 01/27/2017

Black Dahlia did an incredible job on our wedding flowers. They came out gorgeous! Sheryl was also helpful in the planning process and very accommodating in staying within our budget.